• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
BigJonsson said:
public test realm

firex said:
but looking at the notes, 2.3.2 has a lot of nice stuff for paladins, shamans, hunters and druids.

Patch 2.3.2 said:
Freezing Trap is no longer limited to one target at a time.
uh, so hunters get even more potent CC? if i'm reading that right more than one enemy can be frozen in the trap at a time.... tell me i'm not reading that right. if multiple people can be frozen in a trap that is just ridiculous.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
BigJonsson said:
How should I deal with spellcasters as a level 14 gnome rogue? I try to draw them out from crowds but they just sit there and spell the shit out of me =/

Didnt see this question before, but here's a late response. Best way to pull those is to throw something at them, run out of range or line of sight, that forces them to come closer to you.

Ashodin

Scrow said:
public test realm

uh, so hunters get even more potent CC? if i'm reading that right more than one enemy can be frozen in the trap at a time.... tell me i'm not reading that right. if multiple people can be frozen in a trap that is just ridiculous.
paladins can just single target cleanse instantly on them, so eh.

Twig

Banned
Scrow said:
I was confused by this at first, too.

I think it merely means that, once again, a hunter can use two freezing traps to freeze two targets. For some reason, in 2.3, they made it so that hunters can only freeze one target at a time, when it has always been the former that was true.

sedaku

FINALLY She is mine !

7weqb9y.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Alliance or Horde? I did my premades on Alliance, quicker queues it seems still like the last premade round.

Fiddled around with a Hunter BM/Survival 41/15 spec. Fucking unstoppable in Battlegrounds. I rarely die whilst pumping out a shitload of DPS on clothies and the only classes that give me trouble are Warriors, Bear Druids and Paladins (maybe) at times but I save my Bestial Wrath for those buggers and they go down like a ton of bricks in 10 seconds.

So much CC it isn't funny. Intimidation with my pet (which rocks alongside Dash), Wing Clip, Freezing & Frost Trap, and the tried and true Concussive Shot. Loving the new Arcane Shot to bits as well.

Makes me want to take my lvl 25 Hunter a bit more seriously and level him up to be a god.

Is it just me or is WoW kind of a downer without an online guide? Half of the instances I would have never even known about without someone telling me or me having to ask or look around for online.

Like, I'd be doing shitty grinding quests and then someone would say: want to do BFD? And I'd be like: what the fuck is BFD?

Then I'd Wowwiki it and find out I need to run around behind the Night Elf town and get to some obscure camp and get quests for an instance I would have never heard of.

It's like WoW would prefer you be bored and grinding monsters instead of doing the fun shit. I'm level 28 and it's the farthest I've ever gotten.

I've had the game since it's come out :lol :lol

I don't know, I don't want to miss anything fun you know? Should I give up on trying to see everything on one playthrough? That's my major question Maybe I should just play it as I go and see what happens, I just don't want to miss cool stuff :(

firex

K7 Avenger said:
Is it just me or is WoW kind of a downer without an online guide? Half of the instances I would have never even known about without someone telling me or me having to ask or look around for online.

Like, I'd be doing shitty grinding quests and then someone would say: want to do BFD? And I'd be like: what the fuck is BFD?

Then I'd Wowwiki it and find out I need to run around behind the Night Elf town and get to some obscure camp and get quests for an instance I would have never heard of.

It's like WoW would prefer you be bored and grinding monsters instead of doing the fun shit. I'm level 28 and it's the farthest I've ever gotten.

I don't know, I don't want to miss anything fun you know? Should I give up on trying to see everything on one playthrough? That's my major question Maybe I should just play it as I go and see what happens, I just don't want to miss cool stuff :(
do you hate exploring or something? That's what WoW really rewards, honestly, along with sinking your entire life into the game. if you just run around exploring areas you'll find quests, weird stuff, etc. and that's generally how people find out about most of this stuff. well, that's how it's first discovered... then it goes up on thottbot/wowhead/whatever and everyone knows it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Icy said:
what server and side is eveyrone playing? I might jump back into playing this..
I had mains on Blackwing Lair but I rolled all new characters on Oceanic timezone servers, specifically Nagrand.

K7 Avenger said:
As firex already stated, WoW is more about exploring those little edges of Azeroth and rewarding you for it - either through new quests, items or just the situation of knowing that you just stumbled upon something that not many people would know about. The entire zone of Azshara itself just gives that atmosphere where it has been untouched for thousands of years by Night Elf hands, mostly due to the ruins scattered around the place as well as not many players stepping into its borders.

But I wouldn't worry too much about wanting to get through everything. All instances require quests that you either receive in the towns/cities or interspersed nearby the actual instance. If you miss out on it then don't blow a whistle over it, you can always roll another character :lol

Scrow said:
It's always been that way up until 2.3. If you didn't know it was possible before, congrats you now realize how overpowered it really is.

2.3 made it so that anything that ran over a new trap dispelled the original frozen target. Combine that with the fact that you have to have the trap down before it activates and you've turned a bad CC into a suicidal one.

Esperado

K7 Avenger said:

I thought I was bad! I've been playing the game since its come out and my highest is a 59 Dwarf Paladin, which I leveled in a month before 2.3! Before that it was my 53 Shaman. To be honest I've taken lots of breaks, which consist of 6+ months without WoW, my longest being over a year, but I still don't have a single level 70 to show for it. Hell, I don't even have a 60 yet. Right now I'm leveling a Druid who is 26 now, but I would probably rather play Shaman. I even made another horde Shaman and leveled him to 36. Now, I'm thinking of starting an Alliance Shaman on one of the high pop. servers so I can do all the lower level instances because hardly a soul does them on any of the servers I'm on. I even realize that they won't matter because I'll be in Outlands soon enough and by the time WoTLK comes out I'll probably forget about old Azeroth all together. I probably have like 20+ alts altogether and it really pisses me off. It's also hard to find a server to settle on because everybody started on the same one and gradually moved so that every server has like 2-3 RL friends... I dunno, my alt-problem is almost leading me to quit again. I'm pretty sure this is one of those months where I am addicted and next month I'll be away from Azeroth again...

firex

wow, I wish I'd gone to dustwallow at 37 or 38. I didn't realize they made this into a full fledged zone that can easily take someone from 38 all the way up to 40 or 41.

it only took blizzard 3 years to wrap up the burning inn storyline, too!

bengraven

Esperado said:
I thought I was bad! I've been playing the game since its come out and my highest is a 59 Dwarf Paladin, which I leveled in a month before 2.3! Before that it was my 53 Shaman. To be honest I've taken lots of breaks, which consist of 6+ months without WoW, my longest being over a year, but I still don't have a single level 70 to show for it. Hell, I don't even have a 60 yet. Right now I'm leveling a Druid who is 26 now, but I would probably rather play Shaman. I even made another horde Shaman and leveled him to 36. Now, I'm thinking of starting an Alliance Shaman on one of the high pop. servers so I can do all the lower level instances because hardly a soul does them on any of the servers I'm on. I even realize that they won't matter because I'll be in Outlands soon enough and by the time WoTLK comes out I'll probably forget about old Azeroth all together. I probably have like 20+ alts altogether and it really pisses me off. It's also hard to find a server to settle on because everybody started on the same one and gradually moved so that every server has like 2-3 RL friends... I dunno, my alt-problem is almost leading me to quit again. I'm pretty sure this is one of those months where I am addicted and next month I'll be away from Azeroth again...

DAMN.

And I've been feeling guilty about not hitting 70 yet and I've owned the game for just a little over a year. I've watched one of my friends level 4 70's, two friends go from 40 to 70, and now a friend I just got into WoW 6 months ago about to hit 70 within a few days.

I'm only at 67. :( In all fairness, I stopped playing for 2 months out of irritation on two different occasions (due to drama, not the game), and am currently having to take 3 months off because of lack of connection in my room.

But it still sucks.

Eric P

i've been playing since closed beta and the highest ihave is 52. i just get bored so i decide to level another class.

i have a 42 war, a 52 lock, a 32 hunter, a 42 shm and lots of lesser level things too.

bengraven

I've got a lot of alts, none more than 24.

Even though my main characters are Horde, I've done the human area literally at least 6 times. I leveled a priest to 12, didn't like her in Westfall, remade her as a pallie, then quit at 10 because I realized I forgot her earrings, then restarted and made it to 16, then went to another server and restarted her again because my friends switched servers and now she's level 20-something in Redridge Mts.

I have a lot of characters around 12-16.

explodet

elitehebrew said:
how do you get the prefix gladiator?
Gladiator: Top 0.5% of arena teams at the end of the previous season.
Duelist: Top 3.0% of arena teams at the end of the previous season.
Rival: Top 10% of arena teams at the end of the previous season.
Challenger: Top 35% of arena teams at the end of the previous season.

orio7

Banned
Any tip on how to get past lvl 30? I have had like 50000 lvl 24-30 characters but can't seem to continue with any of them.

Right now I have a lvl 24 rogue and just finished crossroads and wc and is fed up. :(

firex

I'd just do a few instances for now, since you can do blackfathom deeps (ashenvale), shadowfang keep (silverpine forest), and then around 30 you can do razorfen kraul in south barrens.

There's a shitload of stuff to do now from 20-40, way more than before on the horde side. It used to be that questing would make you run out of content at around 36-38 if you didn't do any instances, but now you have a good 3 zones for the mid-late 30s and even more for the mid-late 20s and early 30s.

Icy

Banned
orio7 said:
Any tip on how to get past lvl 30? I have had like 50000 lvl 24-30 characters but can't seem to continue with any of them.

Right now I have a lvl 24 rogue and just finished crossroads and wc and is fed up. :(

lvl 30.. do the Hunters quests in Stranglethorn easily.

Icy said:
I think I might be coming back to wow this weekend. I need a server to join up with some neogaf peeps!

Most of us are spread out to the point where they may not even be 2 or 3 GAFers to a server. I know I'll be activating this coming weekend, my friend iloveasians might be as well, and there was another GAFer that played there as well. Tehjaybo maybe? Not sure if he posts here anymore or if he plays WoW anymore either. We play on Magtheridon-US regardless.

Tamanon

Banned
orio7 said:

At 24 you should be going to Hillsbrad. Luckily the grind got a helluva lot easier with the changes 20-60.

Spruchy

I dont really get pvp, to get a good arena team you need to have a high res, to get a high res you need to be on a good arena team (and no farming bgs all day to have my +healing as a pally just straight out shit and degrade all my pve gear is not a good way to get res).

Spruchy said:
I dont really get pvp, to get a good arena team you need to have a high res, to get a high res you need to be on a good arena team (and no farming bgs all day to have my +healing as a pally just straight out shit and degrade all my pve gear is not a good way to get res).

It's the downside of Honor-purchasable S1 gear; many of us had 40k+ points saved up, on top of the full swath of honor-bought stuff from before, plus S1 and S2 we had already. This makes fresh starts impotent on DPS, and a very weak link healing.

Spruchy said:
Farming bgs all day to get the honor gear is a flat out requirement of doing arenas really.

sedaku

Son of Godzilla said:
Farming bgs all day to get the honor gear is a flat out requirement of doing arenas really.

Or farming money all days to get gold to buy arena points.
Both at the same time is best.:lol

sedaku

DarkAngelYuna said:
Doesn't work that well with the personal rating now.

How so ?
You can get at least 4/5 Season 3 set by buying points, the shoulder might very well be the least upgrade of the set and the only reason to upgrade it before the head/leg/chest is to show off.
Buy and Save points while replace everything else with honor gears/season 1 stuff.
After that if you cannot get 1850 on your own to buy the weapon, you're just not deserved it.

Nikashi

Banned
I have a 70 rogue, 60 pally, 21 Hunter and 15 Warrior on Deathwing now (horde), if anyone is on there send me a PM, or something.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Borys said:
New "What's your game?" commercial:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29051.html

Some little guy playing gnomish mage, hillarious :lol
that's mini-me from austin powers.

sedaku said:
How so ?
You can get at least 4/5 Season 3 set by buying points, the shoulder might very well be the least upgrade of the set and the only reason to upgrade it before the head/leg/chest is to show off.
Buy and Save points while replace everything else with honor gears/season 1 stuff.
After that if you cannot get 1850 on your own to buy the weapon, you're just not deserved it.
how do you buy points?

yacobod

Banned
Scrow said:
that's mini-me from austin powers.

how do you buy points?

u pay a good player or good arena team to let you play your 30% with them, and you get the points for the week, pretty simple

selling arena points is good way to earn gold too

border

Spruchy said:
You shouldn't expect to be recruited by a "good arena team" if you have crap gear.....just like you shouldn't expect to be recruited by a high-end BlackTemple guild if you are wearing blue items. Simple progression -- start low and work your way up.

Onemic

yacobod said:
i play alliance on tich

ah damn. I play horde on tich. My alliance chars are on the forgotten realms(forgotten something, I don't know if I got the name correct)

BTW I want to roll a blood elf mage after I finish with my rogue. Since my rogue is also blood elf and I've done all the quests in the first and second zones of the blood elves, I know that it will feel like a chore going throught those same quests as a blood elf mage again. Is it possible for my mage to travel to one of the horde starting area and do quests from there instead?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
yacobod said:
u pay a good player or good arena team to let you play your 30% with them, and you get the points for the week, pretty simple

selling arena points is good way to earn gold too
oh, i thought it was some sort of "official" way of doing it.

yacobod

Banned
onemic said:
ah damn. I play horde on tich. My alliance chars are on the forgotten realms(forgotten something, I don't know if I got the name correct)

BTW I want to roll a blood elf mage after I finish with my rogue. Since my rogue is also blood elf and I've done all the quests in the first and second zones of the blood elves, I know that it will feel like a chore going throught those same quests as a blood elf mage again. Is it possible for my mage to travel to one of the horde starting area and do quests from there instead?

just because you roll a BE doesnt mean you have to do the BE quests, you can go to the UD, orc/troll, or tauren starting area, you can do w/e you want as any race tbh

why do you see tauren, ud, trolls, questing in the BE starting area?

I have exams on the 7th 12th and 15th of January. I really feel like playing WoW atm but I know I really shouldn't. Haven't played since March, getting the itch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom