• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaLiancY

Alex said:
I don't find Silvermoon to be too complicated. Especially if you glance at the map, it has all of the individual nooks and shortcuts listed. Undercity is the worst IMO, it is the Windurst of WoW but without the charm.

True, you can't forget about the clusterfuck that is Undercity. Seeing someone raid Thunderbluff would be pretty entertaining. Tons of skeletons on the elevator lifts, people being feared left and right.

Bregor

xabre said:
Is there anyway to take the CD versions I have of WoW vanilla and the BC and convert them into a DVD image file for install?

If I ever get back into the game I'd rather not have to install 8 CD's worth of content.

You can just directly copy the WoW Install directory to a computer and it will work without any form of installation. I did this when I built my new computer.

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
I don't find Silvermoon to be too complicated. Especially if you glance at the map, it has all of the individual nooks and shortcuts listed. Undercity is the worst IMO, it is the Windurst of WoW but without the charm.

thats funny i think visually undercity is the most interesting horde city

its very burton-esque, like something outta nightmare before xmas or the like

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
VaLiancY said:
Edit - Silvermoon City feels like a maze, I dare the Alliance to raid that.
I've seen a group try to raid it and I believe they were trying to go down into the naaru holding and kill off the Blood Knight wench boss down there, but they couldn't find it :lol

The funniest part about it was that it was full on guerrilla warfare, Alliance and Horde groups running around like it was a game of hide and seek.

gah I wish i had my old interface folder for a point of reference to rebuilding it. Think I've got everything I need for now, but I've bound to have forgotten something.

Ashodin

yacobod said:

wait till you see the wrath of hte lich king forsaken settlements - they are the first new forsaken buildings - they previously just used old human settlements

Richiban

The question I have is this:

Should I continue to level my paladin? It hit 64 last night, and the only reason I feel like I should continue on with it is to be able to do level 70 enchantments like mongoose and savagery and things like that.

It's such a chore to level after hitting 70 with my rogue. I'm frustrated with playing a paladin as even though I'm specced to ret until I feel like going to holy, I don't do the dps like a rogue, so fights are longer than I'd like and more boring than anything else.

Any tips, or should I just park it in Shat and turn him into a level 64 bank?

Has anyone else faced this problem?

(also, the paladin was my first WoW character, and on a whim one day, I made a rogue. Turns out playing a rogue is hilarious for me, so I kept at it.)

firex

what I'd do is just take a break from the pally and play it again later on when you can get it to 70 and get those enchants you want easily. I mean, I would never honestly recommend someone play a pally at 70 unless they want to tank or something, because a pally healer is so boring IMO, but if you want your pally to sell some of those enchants, you may as well get it to 70, get those enchants, and then more or less make them a bank alt.

Richiban

That's what I was thinking of doing.

Now that I've hit 70 with my rogue, I rolled a mage and have been having fun playing that guy.

The only other reason to play my pally is because, believe it or not (we are a small guild, mind you) we have no healers, and I'm serious when I say none.

My paladin is the highest level healer we have, which is pretty sad, actually.

Thanks for the feedback!

Icy

Banned
Buggy Loop said:
Is it ok to quest even without rested XP bar in outlands? Plenty of quests and shit for reputation to 70 right?

yes there is no shortage as you do have to run a lot of instances :D

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Awesome, outlands have been nothing short of amazing so far, insane XP, good rewards (i've replaced nearly all slots..), good money, beautiful environments, kickass quests, etc. Only thing that sucks is shattrath, but thats just an hub anyway :p

Alex

I don't like Shattrath either, its boring, the elevators suck, it lags me, and stuff is needlessly scattered. I hope Dalaran in WotLK is better.

bengraven

Alex said:

What? UC is my favorite Horde city by far. The one with the most personality.

Are you my brother? :D It feels like Nightmare Before Christmas with a Jhonen Vasquez bend. I adore the place. If my friend wouldn't have coerced me into playing Horde, I would have been human and never gave the undead a chance. Glad I did them first because I fell in love with Tirisfal, Silverpine, etc.

Can't fucking wait for New Agamond!

wait till you see the wrath of hte lich king forsaken settlements - they are the first new forsaken buildings - they previously just used old human settlements

From what I seen, everything has a Charles Addams feel to it. Love that. Wish we had something more hardcore Gothic style. And not like Hot Topic emo teenager, but Lovecraftian, Edgar Allen Poe style. I know it sounds corny, but I'd love to create a Morticia Addams like character. :D

What are the best daggers at level 46?

I know there is one or two in ZF but they didn't drop when I was there the other day :(

I have the Coldrage Dagger and the Toxic Revenger right now

ToyMachine228 said:
Blizzard banned StinkyQueues and now there's something else being used to get premades into AV on AV weekend...Nice.

wheres the link to them banning it? don't think so, though

even if it was, i don't think they could ban counting down and clicking join battle at the same time, lol

Fulleffect said:
wheres the link to them banning it? don't think so, though

even if it was, i don't think they could ban counting down and clicking join battle at the same time, lol

My Battlegroup is overrun with AV premades. 7/20 are 40-people from one server. It was happening for about two weeks straight and then after maintenance on Tuesday, it stopped completely. Until yesterday when it started again. It's not just counting down and joining the queue it's, 40-man premades without fail. And they turtle for some reason.

Culex

Banned
After skipping out on battlegrounds for a long time, I finally started to work up honor and go for the Gladiator's Spellblade. I'll have it by tuesday :) That'll push me over to 1130 +spell damage, so now my guild can't say I don't have enough DPS.

I want to get into WoW but it's kind of intimidating.

I've never played an MMO but I have played a lot of Warcraft III. My problem is that I want to make an informed decision on my character's race and class. I want to be independent but also have groups of people rely on me. I'm not partial to any race so I'm open to all kinds of suggestions. Any videos or docs I can check out that would help me decide?

Any classes that suck or things I should avoid?

Also, does anybody have any general tips or things I should know before starting out? Remember, I'm a total MMO newb. Thanks.

speedpop

The Lamonster said:
I've never played an MMO but I have played a lot of Warcraft III. My problem is that I want to make an informed decision on my character's race and class. I want to be independent but also have groups of people rely on me. I'm not partial to any race so I'm open to all kinds of suggestions. Any videos or docs I can check out that would help me decide?

Any classes that suck or things I should avoid?.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Class

Read on.

Other than that, I guess the next best advice I could give you would be to play the game for yourself. Everyone's perception of a certain class are different and it is only through experience of the class itself could really help you make a decision.

speedpop said:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Class

Read on.

Other than that, I guess the next best advice I could give you would be to play the game for yourself. Everyone's perception of a certain class are different and it is only through experience of the class itself could really help you make a decision.
Thanks

Which server does GAF use? I know the OP from 2004 says central. Is this still what the majority of you are on?

Eric WK

The Lamonster said:
Thanks

Which server does GAF use? I know the OP from 2004 says central. Is this still what the majority of you are on?

Central isn't a server.

There's a GAF group on Gurubashi (Horde) right now, but for the most part we're spread out.

Eric WK said:
Central isn't a server.

There's a GAF group on Gurubashi (Horde) right now, but for the most part we're spread out.
Awesome, I'll join that one.

as soon as I finish downloading this fucking 700MB patch...

Bregor

My guild killed Illidan today. :)

It feels great, I've been with this guild since we downed Hakar, and have been there for every first kill on a raid boss since then. Since I've been an officer most of this time it feels as if I helped build the guild, and the results are very satisfying.

So, for your consideration

The Mythical Female Dwarf Rogue

in full Tier 6!

Eric WK

VaLiancY said:
I haven't won one AV game since the weekend started. :( Horrid D, Slow Offense. Horrid Offensive, Great D. So much sloppy mixtures.

Faction/Battlegroup?

Alliance on Retaliation were steamrolling for a bit last night. We'd have Galv down in literally 15 seconds after getting to IB, have IBT and TP capped right after and have 10-15 pushing RH.

I played wayyy too much yesterday. Ended up with 20k honor and 100 AV Marks (plus a few EoTS/AB Marks).

yacobod

Banned
my NE mohawk

warrior.jpg

Lain

Buggy Loop said:
Is it ok to quest even without rested XP bar in outlands? Plenty of quests and shit for reputation to 70 right?

Sure it's ok, the exp you get in outland is major, the quests are so many that you'll get to 70 and still have ton of quests to do for cash etc.
Altho, doing it with rested exp is funnier. Seeing 1k exp per kill is cool, as well as getting 4506xp for killing a boss in a dungeon.

gondwana

Fuck this AV hotfix. Horde on Nightfall now seem adamant to send 25+ people to guard our RH every game. I swear the weekend started off with the usual horde tactic of "lose quick get honor fast". I think people just want to piss of the alliance now. :lol

mikeGFG

Banned
paaronormal said:
Fuck this AV hotfix. Horde on Nightfall now seem adamant to send 25+ people to guard our RH every game. I swear the weekend started off with the usual horde tactic of "lose quick get honor fast". I think people just want to piss of the alliance now. :lol

Haha. Alliance for the win.

I've been cleaning up on honor this weekend. And thanks to quick Horde turtles, Alliance wins by reenforcements in less than 20 minutes; usually with 500+ bonus honor, to boot. :D

Alex

Yay!! Nightfall! Alliance in Nightfall have been slaughtering Horde lately, it comes down to a statement reinforcement match every so often, but about 70% of the time Alliance just steam rolls. Of about 20 games over the last two days I've won 19.

Nightfall Horde tend to be exceptionally stupid though, no offense about that but half of AV Horde is like fuckin Suicidal Blood Elf Warlock rerolls nowadays. Not that all Blood Elves are bad, but in my experience they tend to have the Night Elf stigma attached to them as far as the bulk goes. I 1 v 1'd one earlier who kept trying to spam Seed of Corr on me...

I took my SSC/TK geared Hunter and went Marks, as suggested and oh man, what a hoot. Firing into a pack of undergeared targets is fantastic. find me a victim and bam, 2800 multi, 2500 arcane, 2100 auto shot instagib. That's in half PvP gear too. I picked up the five Glad pieces on the BG vendor. Gonna work for accessories in the coming month.

BM is so fucking boring to me now. Although it's nice to be able, to you know, MOVE, when a Rogue finds you.

As much fun as it is firing 2500-2800 multi shot barrages into a crowd in AV, the trap talents are pretty lovely as well, and I picked up Imp. Wingclip to boot. Nothing says "fuck you" to a Mage blinking into you like a 2k raptor crit and an Imp. Wingclip immobilize proc. Early survival has so many interesting talents I've never really tried until now since BM is like te raid god spec.. that and I picked up the Hunter from a friend who quit anyway.

And most importantly; the range. Extra six yards are priceless. Always been 41/20/0 cookie cutt, so... Never had it.

Screw that noise, stick with PvE gear for BGs. It's great. Especially if you are heavily focused on armor reduction. PvP gear is really only for arenas, at least as far as hunters go.

Oh and BM just sucks. I swap between marks/survival for arena/raiding as I just can't stand BM. If ya'll ain't got a SV hunter you should really consider it, there's almost no reason not to have one.

Alex

We have a SV Hunter, I'd never go Marks for raiding though. Last time the original owner of the char did it, his DPS dropped 2-300 and you have to chug so many more pots. I'm a DPS hound though. This is just mild raiding anyway, Kara and ZA, I'll never set back foot in a full dungeon till WotLK

I like getting the PvP gear, I've already jumped up 2000 HP, and the resil has made a diff already. I lost any stand off in my PvE gear, since I've only got like 7400 HP, so I kinda need this. :lol Pecking from the back is fun, but I dont wanna be a perma sissy. Gonna start some arena when I'm finished with my gear anyway. But I'll probably wind up going back to BM then, because we're doing a BM/Elem shammy setup for 2's. It's actually a really good setup, a few teams with it have 2100-2200+. Really difficult to handle.

Hunter has the most well rounded specs and talents, I swear, everything is amazing for something, and none of them feel awkward to spend points in at any stage.

Alex

One thing I wanna say about Alliance though: Shut the fuck up about "turtles".

If a fucking Horde SNEEZES in AV, it's because he "wants a turtle".

The word turtle is used a minimum of 50x in each Alliance AV chat. "FUCKING TURTLE, OMG TURTLE, JESUS CHRIST A TURTLE"

They sound like fucking Foot Soldiers or something.

Err, yea. I said that and realized my "pve" gear consists of like a bunch of pvp pieces anyway. Armor penetration is fucking awesome.

Honestly I don't think the gladiator gear is worth grabbing, for anyone. The Vindicator stuff is soooo great, and won't be replaced nearly as fast. You can also leech points from a 5s and get some vengeful pretty damn fast.

Oh and marks is hilariously bad for raiding.

Alex

Son of Godzilla said:
Err, yea. I said that and realized my "pve" gear consists of like a bunch of pvp pieces anyway. Armor penetration is fucking awesome.

Honestly I don't think the gladiator gear is worth grabbing, for anyone. The Vindicator stuff is soooo great, and won't be replaced nearly as fast. You can also leech points from a 5s and get some vengeful pretty damn fast.

Oh and marks is hilariously bad for raiding.

There's not enough of a difference pieces by piece between Vengeful and vanilla Glaiators t to make me want to slowly leech it all up, nor wait for points anyhow.

I earn honor pretty damn fast. I lost 200 AP from my raid equipment moving to my Gladiator' equipment thus far, but gained three and a half crit or so... I really had some pieces that were kind of wonky out of the main pieces. Got all the Vashj shit on me, but stuff like Ranger General's never ever dropped once.

I intend to pretty casually play this, even as my main, while I gear it up for PvP and hopefully farm it an epic mount, which I currently only have on my awful Shadow Priest, who was largely a PvE character, but as I equipped her for PvP, Blizzard saw fit to slowly chain nerf her into the ground and chain buff every counter class, beautiful.

It's not even remotely fun to play Shadow Priest or Holy Paladin anymore I can make them work in 5's and 5's alone, but the uphill battling and constant bullshit makes me not even to want to touch them

Back to Hunter, it's amusing, it's actually far easier for me to dice down a Holy Paladin than a Disc Priest or heaven forbid- Resto Druid (which is basically impossible without half a team, anyway, so forget that), on a HUNTER. Isn't that just absolutely fucking ridiculous?. It's really sad just how far behind the pack Paladin has fallen. The spec is an absolute joke now. One and only one worthwhile spell, and twelve seconds of defense per five minutes, zero utility or interaction...hooray.

It's funny saying that, because it means I'm leaving out cleanse, and yeah, cleanse fucking sucks. It is nearly impossible to pull shit off you with cleanse anymore. It's really cute to spend 1k mana trying to futily cleanse yourself, to not only have the debuff run it's course as well. They've let dispel run absolutely rampant in BC, but Cleanse? Garbage. I don't even bother anymore, waste of a GCD, waste of mana, just causes harm.

Resto Shaman is also a bit hurting at the moment, as well, but it's such a fun class to play, and once they fix Earth Shield it'll have so few problems.

But that's that, it's my fault for not ditching it with BC as I intended. Anyhow, my plan to try to go Horde is entirely dead, Nightfall Horde have taken a turn for the ... um worse... and are losing everything. After three years, I finally get around to it and poof... well that's that.

bengraven

I'll second or third whoever said "fuck the Alliance" this weekend. What a clusterfuck on Cenarius. Still, got 3k honor in a couple hours yesterday, but only won 2 games out of six.

speedpop

It's cause all the kiddies got tired of their Night Elves and rolled Blood Elves to get their elite Warlocks on.

bengraven

speedpop said:
It's cause all the kiddies got tired of their Night Elves and rolled Blood Elves to get their elite Warlocks on.

That's a good point. There's certainly a lot more idiots since BC came out.

Eric WK

PhoenixDark said:
Devastate is so awesome. I switched a few talents around and its really helped my tanking

You... were tanking... without Devestate? Uh... what?

And yes, you have no reason to have Sunder Armor on your bars anymore.

Oh and LOL @ Kateground.

Ramirez

Eric WK said:
You... were tanking... without Devestate? Uh... what?

And yes, you have no reason to have Sunder Armor on your bars anymore.

Oh and LOL @ Kateground.

I'm assuming he wasn't prot before that run. :p

VaLiancY

:( @ Instances and Raids pics.

My guild runs raids now and then but I don't got the gear to match up with them. If they gave me invites to Kara runs, I'd do more in Gruul and Mag.

ManaByte

I really, really, fucking hate purple elitists.

I was in a group today trying to do the Heroic Slave Pens daily. We had everything but a tank. Then the Priest demanded group leadership so he could pick the tank. He spent almost an hour turning down tanks in good gear because he felt that only a full T6 equipped tank that cleared Hyjal would be able to handle SLAVE PENS. That idiot needs to be just deleted and its player shot.

I know. Some people act like heroics are SERIOUS BUSINESS. Dungeon blues are good enough for heroics. We were running heroics in dungeon and quest blues before they got a nerf and people were really even going into Kara just fine. Heroics were nerfed right? They just don't seem so hard anymore.

So, I'm at 51 with my BE rogue. What is it about ZF that makes it such an asshole magnet? I guess people's true colors start to show by that time. I ran SM like 20 times and ran into some noobs but no deserters or anything.

Also, I'm wondering if I should stick around at 59 and do BGs and get the HW set. I'm still running around in some pretty shitty gear. I'm definitely getting the swords and boots since there is not much in the ways of boots and swords for rogues in Outland.

Icy

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
I know. Some people act like heroics are SERIOUS BUSINESS. Dungeon blues are good enough for heroics. We were running heroics in dungeon and quest blues before they got a nerf and people were really even going into Kara just fine. Heroics were nerfed right? They just don't seem so hard anymore.

So, I'm at 51 with my BE rogue. What is it about ZF that makes it such an asshole magnet? I guess people's true colors start to show by that time. I ran SM like 20 times and ran into some noobs but no deserters or anything.

Also, I'm wondering if I should stick around at 59 and do BGs and get the HW set. I'm still running around in some pretty shitty gear. I'm definitely getting the swords and boots since there is not much in the ways of boots and swords for rogues in Outland.

yes they were nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom