• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Maxrpg said:
Well it was an all guild Arena team, so naturally I am sure he probably has another 3v3 with his new guild.

Silliest thing I've heard in a while. Are you guys only allowed to do 5 man dungeons and battlegrounds with guildmates too?

Holy shit, I'm a lvl 14 and I guess I'm still a total newb. This thread reads like a foreign language to me.

Those screenshots are pretty crazy too - heavily modded interface and tons and tons of buttons! If I posted one of my screenshots it would probably look like a Kindergarden hand painting to most of you.

I've got a lot to learn...

firex

FF_VIII said:
How do you beat Druids as a Mage?

Immune to polymorph, then they break frost nova by shifting.
I'm trying to decide which is harder to solve: your question, or the universal equation.

Bregor

The Lamonster said:
Holy shit, I'm a lvl 14 and I guess I'm still a total newb. This thread reads like a foreign language to me.

Those screenshots are pretty crazy too - heavily modded interface and tons and tons of buttons! If I posted one of my screenshots it would probably look like a Kindergarden hand painting to most of you.

You don't HAVE to learn all that. This game can give many levels of satisfaction to different people. You can play 30 mins once or twice a week casually doing quests and slowly leveling your character. Or you can raid for 5 hrs 5 times a week aiming to have your guild be the first to down every boss on the server. Neither of these is wrong.

IMO, one of the things that leads most quickly to disappointment with WoW is forcing yourself to move on to a more advanced level of play unnecessarily. If you are enjoying what you are doing, there is no reason you have to force yourself to try and catch up ... the play style of those you are trying to emulate may not be something you would enjoy.

firex

yeah, I've found that I enjoy WoW the most as a weekend warrior type, where I just play it some during the day on friday/saturday/sunday, don't raid, and ignore it the rest of the week. I tried the whole raiding thing, and it was cool to see new stuff, but all the farming required of old content just to be properly geared for new content (pre-TBC anyway) was boring as hell.

Richiban

Man, I'm having a heck of a time finding groups to do some outlands instances.

Is there any trick to getting a PUG? Do I spam the general channel, or do I just use the LFG system.

Sheesh..I want to run underbog dang it!

border

Richiban said:
Man, I'm having a heck of a time finding groups to do some outlands instances.

Is there any trick to getting a PUG? Do I spam the general channel, or do I just use the LFG system.

Sheesh..I want to run underbog dang it!
Join a guild. use the LFG tool.....spam the LFG channel.

Or just re-roll a class that groups want. :D

The Lamonster said:

There's some useful information in here, the two you REALLY want are leveling guides for each class/faction combo, and guides to making 100 gold before you hit 40 so you have a sweet ride without stress early.

Everything else you may wanna do is gravy if you understand the thinking behind those two concepts of efficiency and choices ("Balance seems like good DPS, but is it better for leveling than Feral?" that sorta thing).

Richiban

border said:
Join a guild. use the LFG tool.....spam the LFG channel.

Or just re-roll a class that groups want. :D

That's probably the best advice I've gotten...no one wants to run with a dirty low down rotten rogue.

Won

onemic said:
what type of UI interface is that? What's the name?

Unit Frames are Perl classic and x-perl (for raid frames).
Action bars are made with Trinity Bars.

There is lot of other stuff in there, but beside Omen and Decursive I can't remember them at the moment. (I don't use UI compilations)

Alex

I love Trinity Bars so much, most specificly I *love* the keybinding method that it uses. I could never swap.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
FF_VIII said:
How do you beat Druids as a Mage?

Immune to polymorph, then they break frost nova by shifting.
mages that kill my feral druid do so by continually kiting me because it drains my mana and leaves none for shifting any more or healing myself. just keep running and using instant cast spells and make sure ice armor is up so that when we hit you our movement speed is slowed. sure we can shift out of it, but all that shifting costs mana.

remember feral druids have limited means of snaring you in feral form, the most notable is feral charge, and there's also entangling roots, but we have to shift out to cast that.

as for killing resto and balance druids? no idea.

border said:
People want rogues, there are just more of them than are needed.
that, and also so many rogues are dumb as a post.

On another completely different subject, can someone tell me whether improved leader of the pack ALSO heals the druid which creates the buff?

Rogosh

Scrow, yes, Improved leader of the pack heals everyone in your party, including yourself. Personally, i couldn't play my feral druid w/o it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Rogosh said:
Scrow, yes, Improved leader of the pack heals everyone in your party, including yourself. Personally, i couldn't play my feral druid w/o it.
that's awesome. with the amount of times i crit in a fight (while farming/grinding) i'll finish it with almost full health :)

no need to shift out of cat form for a quick rejuv anymore.

edit: ah, just realised there's a 6 second cooldown on the heal effect. it's still cool though.

Richiban

Well, I hope I'm not in the dumb as a post category, but lets just assume that I am right now. What sort of things as a rogue should I not be so dumb as a post on?

I still can't believe how much more there is to learn to this game even after playing it for a good year.

aesop

WTB a new guild.

So last night was Gruul/Mag night. We've had Gruul on farm for sometime now but we are struggling on Mags. The first attempt looked like a monkey fucking a football. People clicking cubes 10 seconds early. Wipe.

Second attempt was better, got all but one of the channelers down before the first blast wave and managed to successfully interrupt it. So, instead of returning to DPS down the last add, everyone decides it's best to attack Mag instead. Wipe.

From there it just got worse and people started the blame game. Healers yelling at warlocks because infernals weren't banished the second they landed. These same healers apparently forgot about their AoE fear for the night. Clicking became impossible at that point. And on the last attempt, a pally was soul stoned for wipe recovery, and what does he and all the other pallies do when a wipe is unavoidable? Bubble-hearth.

aesop said:
And on the last attempt, a pally was soul stoned for wipe recovery, and what does he and all the other pallies do when a wipe is unavoidable? Bubble-hearth.
Holy shit that is bad. I mean... fucking wow. Wiping ain't that big a deal, and yea Mag murders guilds on focusing (Although not killing the summoners before a blastwave seems terribly low dps output in general), but still. That is amazingly bad.

aesop

Son of Godzilla said:
Holy shit that is bad. I mean... fucking wow. Wiping ain't that big a deal, and yea Mag murders guilds on focusing (Although not killing the summoners before a blastwave seems terribly low dps output in general), but still. That is amazingly bad.

The low DPS was because the GL decided to force all 4 of the locks to stop doing DPS and concentrate only on banishing/fearing the infernals.

Bregor

I never did like Mags, and a lot of guilds get stuck there (though Kael is much, much worse). Even though it has been nerfed now, a lot of the raiders in my guild get surly if someone suggests going there if we finish up the rest of our normal content early.

With the free SSC / TK attunement Mags is now completely skippable. Don't beat yourself over the head on this boss ... move on to SSC if you can't get him.

ManaByte

aesop said:
And on the last attempt, a pally was soul stoned for wipe recovery, and what does he and all the other pallies do when a wipe is unavoidable? Bubble-hearth.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh man.

aesop

I'm of the belief that if we can't handle the little bit of coordination required to beat Mag, we're not gonna do very well on the harder bosses.

SatelliteOfLove said:
There's some useful information in here, the two you REALLY want are leveling guides for each class/faction combo, and guides to making 100 gold before you hit 40 so you have a sweet ride without stress early.

Everything else you may wanna do is gravy if you understand the thinking behind those two concepts of efficiency and choices ("Balance seems like good DPS, but is it better for leveling than Feral?" that sorta thing).
Where can I find tips or useful info about this? I really do want a sweet ride ASAP when I turn lvl 40!

firex

And if you're not a lock or pally (and personally I wouldn't recommend playing pally to anyone considering how shit it is at 70) then just do some combo of herbalism/mining/skinning as your two professions, and sell sell sell in the AH.

xabre

Banned
What's a good emote to use while being ganked by players 20, 30 and 40 levels above you?

I'm looking for something that's sarcastic and let's them know how pathetic they are? I'm not against ganking in principle, but players who see someone of significantly lower level and go to all the trouble of demounting and running after them to kill them are pathetic.

firex

they gain: potential enjoyment at someone being unable to do anything against them, but no in-game rewards
he loses: some time spent running back to his corpse and that's it

firex said:
And if you're not a lock or pally (and personally I wouldn't recommend playing pally to anyone considering how shit it is at 70) then just do some combo of herbalism/mining/skinning as your two professions, and sell sell sell in the AH.
Talk to me like I'm retarded. Because I have no idea what you just said. :lol

Eric WK

Anybody here played a Priest extensively?

Just hit 35 after a casual week and a half of leveling it and I'm really enjoying it, even without Shadowform yet. Ultimately, I'd like to go Holy/Disc and make it my new main.

firex

The Lamonster said:
Talk to me like I'm retarded. Because I have no idea what you just said. :lol
Just make sure your professions (which you can find in any major city, ask a guard or click on the tracking icon) are 2 out of these 3: mining, herbalism, skinning. you can only have 2 professions, so pick 2 of those, and while you build those professions (which is done purely by gathering materials, and not crafting) you can sell all the materials you gather in the auction house. It's a good, fast way to make lots of gold, although it won't be a big bunch of gold at once.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Eric WK said:
Anybody here played a Priest extensively?

Just hit 35 after a casual week and a half of leveling it and I'm really enjoying it, even without Shadowform yet. Ultimately, I'd like to go Holy/Disc and make it my new main.
I've got a BE Priest in limbo on a server I don't enjoy logging into anymore. Shadow is quite fun but I enjoyed my time more as a Holy/Disc Priest.

firex

I'd go with one of the holy/disc leveling builds on a priest, but I can't see myself really enjoying playing a healer priest or a shadow priest at 70. I still absolutely love the class in either form, but I've got a high level warlock already if I really want a DoT/shadow damage based class. Honestly I just like the healing/mana battery that shadow priests provide, and the bonus spell damage that disc priests provide. and I guess I wouldn't mind trying to do the benediction/anathema quest someday, even though it's useless to do now. Similarly I want to do the same for my hunter someday with the leaf at 60, even though I don't really care about the bow or anything.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Got engineering to 350, learned surestrike googles v2.0. Anyway, honestly, what are my chances to get a primal nether @ lvl 65?

border

Buggy Loop said:
Got engineering to 350, learned surestrike googles v2.0. Anyway, honestly, what are my chances to get a primal nether @ lvl 65?
Can you even get into heroics without being at level 70? There is no ZA attunement, so I suppose you could get badges from there and use them to buy the Nether.

Either way, you would probably need a very helpful and nice guild. No chance in hell of pugging that shit.

firex

run sethekk halls and other level 70 non-heroic instances until you get a very lucky nether drop off the last boss?

Bregor said:
I never did like Mags, and a lot of guilds get stuck there (though Kael is much, much worse). Even though it has been nerfed now, a lot of the raiders in my guild get surly if someone suggests going there if we finish up the rest of our normal content early.

With the free SSC / TK attunement Mags is now completely skippable. Don't beat yourself over the head on this boss ... move on to SSC if you can't get him.

There are two types of raiding guilds: those that beat Maggy and see content, and those that don't and implode. It's like skipping 2nd and 3rd grade and going from 1st to 4th: doable, but jams alot of pressure on a guild once the next tests show up (ie, Vashj and Kael).

As for going back after one or two times, nah; especially not after you have 3 bosses down in T5. You need the learning he gives you; the gear, not so much.

What do they gain by killing you, and what (if anything) do you lose by being killed?

Shit, I just point and laugh. Nerdrager wanna kill? That'll be some ego, thanks.

When I had a Frost mage for a while, getting off a Poly was nice, then I got to do the jawesome troll dance in their faces too.

Tamanon

Banned
Buggy Loop said:

Not much, it's a rare drop in Sethekk Halls and later instances.

Lain

Buggy Loop said:

Get 70 and run Mechanar/Ramparts Heroic (they are the easiest heroic imho).
At 65 you need major luck for it to drop from a boss mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom