• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm level 56 on my Hunter. Should I hit up Outland right at 58 or continue to explode the old world until 60?

1up

Oh wow, just read on mmo-champion that 2.4 has the old pvp sets that you can buy as long as you are revered / honored with certain factions. Wow, makes getting into PvP at 70 a little better. Especially for my alt problem.

Icy

Banned
1up said:
Oh wow, just read on mmo-champion that 2.4 has the old pvp sets that you can buy as long as you are revered / honored with certain factions. Wow, makes getting into PvP at 70 a little better. Especially for my alt problem.

not old pvp sets. They have a whole new set for 70 (blue set) and each PC comes from a different outlands faction.

yacobod

Banned
firex said:
afaik the best arena spec for rogues is combat maces, or something similar. I just know to stay away from daggers since they blow.

naw shadowstep is currently the best pvp build for rogues

something like 20/0/41 is the most popular rogue spec atm

aesop

The guild woes continue.

Though there haven't been any bubble hearths on failed attempts since the last time, things are getting somewhat worse. The officers of the guild have seen fit to institute a "no talking" policy on raid nights. This includes raid chat and our TS server. Only officers are allowed to say anything during a boss fight over TS. That means not to call for healing, not to announce if you're a cube clicker and die, banish timers, aggro gains, etc. Supposedly, they are to watch everyone and continue to DPS, tank, heal, etc.

On a positive note, we did manage to down Loot Reaver the other night despite one officer bitching that if we hadn't been talking or whatever, we could have done it faster. Why can't I find another guild on my server that only raids two nights a week?

firex

I'd just gquit and form a new guild with other people who hate the officers of that guild. No reason to go along with that bullshit if you don't like it, especially not for stupid purple items.

Anyway, I'm surprised to hear shadowstep is the new hotness in pvp. I figured it wouldn't be that great with all the anti-burst damage Blizz has put into pvp now, but I guess it's still good at killing cloth and/or locking down healers.

Icy

Banned
The game is meant to play and have fun. Not be a fucking job or have to deal with bullshit or drama. I've encountered a couple guilds just like you said and I gquit without a heart beat. We don't pay to play and enjoy the content and such for the bullshit of some ppl.

bengraven

Icy said:
The game is meant to play and have fun. Not be a fucking job or have to deal with bullshit or drama. I've encountered a couple guilds just like you said and I gquit without a heart beat. We don't pay to play and enjoy the content and such for the bullshit of some ppl.

Shhh, before the raiders come here to flame you...

Eric WK

bengraven said:
Not that part: the part about the game being fun. They hate when you call it "fun" and not "my other full time job". :lol

Not really. Obviously there are people like that, but for the most part raiders are pretty casual. Every hardcore raider turns into a casual raider at some point.

Icy

Banned
bengraven said:
Shhh, before the raiders come here to flame you...

I am a raider.. and if a raider begs to differ. go stfu. I had one guild really recently talk me down like I was a kid.. because of a suggestion I made in Zul' Aman (yes I've completed the whole thing several times, first time raiding it with this guild) and yeah.. I was like fuck this.. waited until the end.. needed everything ppl passed on (guild leader didn't master loot.. oh so sad).. got all the drops and de'd it all in front of them. :)

Bregor

bengraven said:
Not that part: the part about the game being fun. They hate when you call it "fun" and not "my other full time job". :lol

How many raiders have you had tell you this? Or are you just going with a stereotype from the Blizz forums?

Bregor

firex said:
I'd just gquit and form a new guild with other people who hate the officers of that guild. No reason to go along with that bullshit if you don't like it, especially not for stupid purple items.

Running a guild is a lot of work. Don't do it unless you are willing to put up with that work.

Eric WK

SatelliteOfLove said:
If your guild aint a dysfunctional zoo full of childish noobs, raiding ISNT a job.

<--- 3 a week, 5/9 BT 5/5 Hyjal

And I'd be willing to bet that you don't play a whole lot outside of raiding those three nights, or at least don't feel like you need to play.

Twig

Banned
firex said:
That's what I did! And then shortly after that I quit playing because of school. Tried to play again last weekend. Now I just don't want to play at all anymore.

At least not until the expansion comes out. ):

Hero said:
Resto druid nerf, ele shammy nerf. Woo.

Again Arena fucks up PVE.

Blizz is getting to be no better than SOE.

The funny part is that this is just to shut up the crying. Its not going to affect anything.

Live = 751 per tick. (3 stack)

PTR = 702 per tick. (3 stack)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Got my Mage to 47 now, and wow the changes to leveling are really helping, Fire is pretty lol for lowbie PvP, dropped some 48 Warrior with pretty much a Pyro and Fireball crit :lol

firex

Bregor said:
Running a guild is a lot of work. Don't do it unless you are willing to put up with that work.
I should've been more specific. I meant he should gquit along with (undoubtedly, unless the guild is all demented) most of the regular members and they could all form a new guild.

and yeah, Ikuu, fire is a pretty awesome build at PvP before 58ish.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Lain said:
Thanks speedpop, that was really exaustive.
No problem.

Hero said:
Resto druid nerf, ele shammy nerf. Woo.
I want to see what happens when they relegate the healing classes into the ground so much that no one wants to roll them for PVP purposes anymore.

firex

I'll still try resto in arena, just because even though it sounds weak it can't be as bad off as elemental. But if that sucks, then I'll just do a few heroics/day and daily quests instead. It's not like I won't be splitting time between my shaman and a death knight when I unlock that class in WotLK anyway.

speedpop

Yeah, I'd try Resto in Arena but the fact that Earth Shield would disappear within a second from an observant Priest makes me wince.

firex

I'm probably only going to do 2v2 or 3v3 at most, so hopefully I wouldn't run into many priest tandems. But yeah, it could suck going up against a priest or hunter, or another shaman (though I doubt that one would be much of a problem).

Eric WK

firex said:
I'm probably only going to do 2v2 or 3v3 at most, so hopefully I wouldn't run into many priest tandems. But yeah, it could suck going up against a priest or hunter, or another shaman (though I doubt that one would be much of a problem).

Aren't Disc Priests in the second most popular 2s makeup and first most popular 3s makeup?

firex

Eric WK said:
Aren't Disc Priests in the second most popular 2s makeup and first most popular 3s makeup?
Come to think of it, I can't be too worried about a priest. They can dispel and mana burn but with a good dps warrior I can just purge spam all their buffs while the warrior destroys them.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The guild I was playing with was going fine and dandy. Then BAM, some drama stemming way before my time splits the guild in two leaving a bunch of us wondering what to do. It's all for some stupid, fucked up, asinine reason too. Just completely sapped away all the fun I was having with the game.

I guess it was just time for a break. So pretty close to finally going to outland too. =/

Went into Hyjal for the first time. Holy shit, Rage is 30x as big a joke as you could possibly expect even knowing going in that he's a joke. WTB more mobs with no armor.

speedpop

VaLiancY said:
The Shaman hate on Kalgan's comment in the official forums is thick enough to trickle over the fluffiest pancakes.:lol
:lol Kalgan stepping into the Shaman forums is hilarious. It is the last place he really wanted to be I think, but considering the giant uproar from the community Blizzard might have forced him to go in as damage control.

I'm glad to see that he knows what the problems are, but they've been talking about fixing the totem system for over a year now. Their fix was Totemic Recall - something that should have been in the game for the class since day 1.

I hate to say it but the only buffs that will fix the nerfs in regards to helping out in PVP aspects are some anti-CC abilities.. Tremor totem is a start but I'd like to see an actual ability to go along with it. A Shaman caught in the hit zone is a dead one. It'd boost Enhancement up the ranks quite a lot, as well as give Restoration a chance to gain some ground (Ghost Wolf is a start, but needs talents to make it instant cast and it has no anti-CC/snare abilities like a Druid).

Alex

Disc is awesome, Priests complaining that aren't Shadow are just being babies. The change to PI didn't do shit, and the class on the whole is still great leveling, grinding, farming, dungeons, raids, bgs, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5.

Priest has more total representation in arena than WARRIOR does. I think that says enough on it's own.

What I still want to hear, concerning Shamans, is if Heroism/Bloodlust really does drop the GCD as everyone keeps saying it does now. If someone has a Shaman at 70 and can hit the PTR and answer that for me, it'd be a big help!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Bregor said:
or just have a guild with real life friends/work mates.

i don't think our guild master stresses about anything ever in the game.

of course we don't do raid content, but we go on random PvP raids on alliance towns, or help a fellow guildy with their alt by running them through instances like SFK etc. or just do some battlegrounds together. good times.

I picked up the game finally after a friend convinced me to plop down the cash (BestBuy credit actually). I rolled a Paladin on a PVP server. how fvcked am I?

Eric WK

Teh Hamburglar said:
I picked up the game finally after a friend convinced me to plop down the cash (BestBuy credit actually). I rolled a Paladin on a PVP server. how fvcked am I?

Not very. Unless you're referring to the boredom of playing a Paladin, in which case you're probably fucked.

bengraven

DarkAngelYuna said:
Nah my warrior has been a hell lot more fun leveling than the pally ever was. Then again, I only have 4 70s.

That's it? Must not play much. :D

I've played quite a bit with every class and I still find my warrior to be probably the least fun to level. But being 70, PvP is a HELL of a lot of fun with him.

bengraven said:
That's it? Must not play much. :D

I've played quite a bit with every class and I still find my warrior to be probably the least fun to level. But being 70, PvP is a HELL of a lot of fun with him.
My 70s include a warlock (yawn at 70 pvp) a rogue which I love but I'm not playing anymore until they fix mutilate and the must be behind enemy bullshit when I am in pvp... a disc priest which is ok but not that fun, then I got a mage to 70 last week and decided that same day "why did I bother when mages for just weaker locks?" so now I'm leveling another toon, I think I'll get my warrior to 70 this time lol.

bengraven

DarkAngelYuna said:
My 70s include a warlock (yawn at 70 pvp) a rogue which I love but I'm not playing anymore until they fix mutilate and the must be behind enemy bullshit when I am in pvp... a disc priest which is ok but not that fun, then I got a mage to 70 last week and decided that same day "why did I bother when mages for just weaker locks?" so now I'm leveling another toon, I think I'll get my warrior to 70 this time lol.

Another big reason I say this is because I have a friend who ditched his warrior at 60 when BC came out because he started playing a shammie and fell in love. He ended up leveling his shammie and hunter to 70 before he ever got the warrior there.

Damn, though, my warrior is suddenly fun once I hit 70. :D

bengraven said:
Another big reason I say this is because I have a friend who ditched his warrior at 60 when BC came out because he started playing a shammie and fell in love. He ended up leveling his shammie and hunter to 70 before he ever got the warrior there.

Damn, though, my warrior is suddenly fun once I hit 70. :D
All I do on my 70s is pvp so theres no way in hell I'll ever do a shammie :p I don't want anything to do with huntards either :p

explodet

speedpop said:
I hate to say it but the only buffs that will fix the nerfs in regards to helping out in PVP aspects are some anti-CC abilities.. Tremor totem is a start but I'd like to see an actual ability to go along with it. A Shaman caught in the hit zone is a dead one. It'd boost Enhancement up the ranks quite a lot, as well as give Restoration a chance to gain some ground (Ghost Wolf is a start, but needs talents to make it instant cast and it has no anti-CC/snare abilities like a Druid).
A recent change to the patch notes mention a reduction in cast time of Ghost Wolf from 3s to 2s - which would mean Improved Ghost Wolf would reduce the cast time to instant. It's already being looked at favorably on the PTR. It's a start.

If they included the druid shifting anti-cc ability to it, that'd be sweet - but if they gave that to shamans, discovered it was too powerful, then took it back, god help Blizzard from the unleashed rage.

Weenerz

Banned
I have 5 70s myself and I have to say playing a feral druid is the most fun of them all.

70 Mage, Druid, Warrior, Shaman and Rogue.

Theres just so much you can do as a feral and it can really train newer players for other classes. You got your healing spec, tank/dps spec and caster class. Dump that paladin and make a druid.

I was stuck between a warrior and a druid as my 5th 70.. I'm at 37 so far on my warrior and having fun. Only at 13 on my druid cause he puts me to sleep =\ Supposed to get better at 20 with cat form I hear but holy crap, druids are just so bad and boring before that.

firex

I never found my druid any more fun after I got cat form, which is why I dropped him at 23, but that was before 2.0. So maybe they actually are fun after 20, but all I felt was massive disappointment that cat form was literally like one of my old guildmates said, "retarded rogue form."

I second the awesomeness of leveling a warrior, though. It's expensive (hence why I wouldn't do it as a main) but so fun when you have good gear, because you are just an unstoppable god in solo. Honestly though, leveling an enhance shaman now kind of feels like leveling a fury warrior, just without plate, with heals, and no rage. It's kind of boring sometimes because you just use stormstrike, wait for WF procs and crits, and then hit earth shock, but it's also fun in the grander scheme of things because my shaman kills fast and only needs green weapons to do so.

edit: also, with regards to the ghost wolf argument, I would do as follows:
1) Make ghost wolf instant cast by default
2) Make ghost wolf immune to poly and break snares/roots
3) Make druid travel form available at level 20

Then they're both evenly balanced, and the druid gets their travel skill at the same time everyone else who gets one does.

speedpop

firex said:
edit: also, with regards to the ghost wolf argument, I would do as follows:
1) Make ghost wolf instant cast by default
2) Make ghost wolf immune to poly and break snares/roots
3) Make druid travel form available at level 20

Then they're both evenly balanced, and the druid gets their travel skill at the same time everyone else who gets one does.
Something like that would work. There was a suggestion on the thread Kalgan kamikaze'd onto about keeping the Ghost Wolf talent there but changing it so the spell is instant cast and the talent now boosting immunity to poly, break snares/roots by 33%, 66%, 100%. Of course it creates another hassle in an already bloated end talent tree, but you know what Blizzard are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom