• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkAngelYuna said:
So, I hit 40.. replaced all my mail with plate except my shoulders. Armor went up by 600-700 and my ap by a little over 100.. this is nice.

avoid spending gold on ah and what not. Save as much as you can while you level, you'll be glad you did later.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He's got like 4 other 70's and had Savagery on his weapons, I think it's safe to say gold isn't an issue :p

Edit: Supposed changes on the PTR:

Druid
Nurturing Instinct now increases your healing spells by 50%/100% (Rank 1/2) of your agility instead of your strength.

Mage
Blink now costs 224 Mana.
Improved Blink
New - For 2/4 (Rank 1/2) seconds after casting Blink, your chance to be hit by all attacks and spells is reduced by 25%.
Old - Reduces the mana cost of your Blink spell by -25%/50% (Rank 1/2).
Icy Veins
New - Hastens your spellcasting, increasing spell casting speed by 20% and gives you 100% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting. Lasts 20 seconds.
Old - Hastens your spellcasting, increasing spell casting speed by 20% and increases the chance your chilling effects will Freeze the target by 10%. Lasts 20 seconds.

Shaman
Shamanistic Rage is no longer a magic ability and cannot be purged or mass dispelled in any way.

Warlock
Lifetap
Lifetap now converts a % of your base health and mana. (Screenshot)

Emberstorm (Rank 1) Increases the damage done by your Fire spells by 2%, and reduces the cast time of your Incinerate spell by 2%.
Emberstorm (Rank 2) Increases the damage done by your Fire spells by 4%, and reduces the cast time of your Incinerate spell by 4%.
Emberstorm (Rank 3) Increases the damage done by your Fire spells by 6%, and reduces the cast time of your Incinerate spell by 6%.
Emberstorm (Rank 4) Increases the damage done by your Fire spells by 8%, and reduces the cast time of your Incinerate spell by 8%.
Emberstorm (Rank 5) Increases the damage done by your Fire spells by 10%, and reduces the cast time of your Incinerate spell by 10%.

FF_VIII

Banned
Mage is 57! /cheer

Was getting ganked earlier for ages by a 70 in Winterspring. I could only survive for so long. Eventually, I got to Everlook to see if he was stupid enough to attack me.

He was.

Although he only threw a knife, it aggro'd the guards and I got a lucky Frostbolt so he couldn't run away.

Then it was just a case of /rofl and /dance on his dead body :lol

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Wow, i didnt know gaining pet loyalty @ 70 would suck so much, i tamed a lvl 70 kitty for pvp and he hasnt even gone to loyalty 2 in like 2 hours, and im killing random shit but since there's no XP @ 70.. hmmm

So I'm standing outside the Kara instance turning in my attunement quest, and suddenly I'm flagged for PVP and a lock and warrior are stomping on me. I'm a druid so they are wasting their time (travel form lol) but what gives?

yes I'm now on a PVE server since I transfered there to be with RL friends. Boo!

krypt0nian said:
So I'm standing outside the Kara instance turning in my attunement quest, and suddenly I'm flagged for PVP and a lock and warrior are stomping on me. I'm a druid so they are wasting their time (travel form lol) but what gives?

yes I'm now on a PVE server since I transfered there to be with RL friends. Boo!

Snake basket exploit probably. Was there a hunter around?

Oni Link 666 said:
Snake basket exploit probably. Was there a hunter around?

Thats what I thought so but no hunter. The only odd thing was the lock that was life draining me at first came out of the instance shimmer and just jumped all over me. Then the Warrior started in. The oddest thing was once I ran for the hills, I looked to see if I was flagged still and I wasn't. Bizzaro glitch I'd say.

Lain

Got my shaman to 30 (having lots of fun with it) and noticed something about flurry that seemed a bit weird to me and thought maybe some of you could explain to me if it is supposed to work this way or it is somewhat bugged.
I've noticed that consecutive crits sometimes would proc shamanistic focus but not flurry. I thought it was because flurry had some hidden cooldown, so started to pay attention to it and this time noticed that it was always the last hit of a flurry string (if it happened to be a crit) not refreshing flurry, only procing a new shamanistic focus, while a crit obtained with the first or second flurry swing would refresh flurry back to 3.
So, is this the way Flurry is supposed to work? 1st and 2nd swing after a proc, if crit, will refresh it back to 3, but if the crit happens on the last hit it wont?

Also, Swift Wind should be a shaman spell XD I went to SFK to see if I could do Arugal solo after getting the last totem and it was madness (the instance being "rebalanced" helped too). Too bad Arugal dropped the belt instead of the dagger. But at least I upgraded some of my gear ><

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I must say, i havent had that much fun in WoW in a long long time now that i have a flying mount, goddamn it rocks, exploration of the outlands with it is utterly fun, i feel like a kid lol :D

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
so i've been playing an orc warrior for a while now and got him to lvl 29 so far. it's SO fun in PvP. sometimes i just keep going and going non-stop from one fight to another, sometimes running away to bandage or get out of combat so i can charge. but most of the time i'm in the thick of the action.

but at this level PvP isn't a priority, and I'm more concerned with grinding efficiency to level up as quickly as possible. at the moment this is my spec, primarily using a TH weapon:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000503000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I've found that it performs decently well so far, but at lvl 30+ i'm considering respeccing to a more Fury based build, something like this where the focus is to get improved Slam so i can eliminate HS which takes a lot of rage (initial rage cost and the lost rage from auto attack) but still us a TH weapon:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000505013100520000000000000000000000000000000

is that a good idea? or should i be focusing on dual wield for leveling up? maybe a build more like this post lvl 30?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000505013150100000000000000000000000000000000

suggestions welcome!

Tamanon

Banned
Buggy Loop said:
I must say, i havent had that much fun in WoW in a long long time now that i have a flying mount, goddamn it rocks, exploration of the outlands with it is utterly fun, i feel like a kid lol :D

Yeah once I got my flying mount on my first character I must've spent hours finding new places to fly in Nagrand and Blade's Edge.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I hit 60 with my Hunter finally. I hit Outland at 58 though to check it out. Finally got to see it after spending the money on the expansion over a year ago. What a sight! And the equipment upgrades from the first couple of quest! Whoa!

Problem was, my pets did not level with me because quest reward xp was very, very high leveling up and they got behind the curve. So, I either have to find new pets, or grind their levels (and my pets have been with me for a long time...you grow attached).

Sadly, I don't have the scratch for my epic mount yet. I'm way short. Sucks. =(

firex

If you're using a boar, I'd tame a ravager sometime soon so you could have a new rank of Gore, and then go back to your boar to teach them that new skill.

Otherwise just keep grinding away. They should catch up pretty quick.

Kintaro

firex said:
If you're using a boar, I'd tame a ravager sometime soon so you could have a new rank of Gore, and then go back to your boar to teach them that new skill.

Otherwise just keep grinding away. They should catch up pretty quick.

Thanks.

Also, should I join Aldor/Scryer at 60, or wait?

firex

Once you've made the choice on that you may as well stick with it. I don't really know which one is better for a hunter (if there's any difference). It's not as clearcut as it is with a caster, since both the aldor/scryer exalted weapons are pretty good for a hunter I think.

Kintaro

firex said:
Once you've made the choice on that you may as well stick with it. I don't really know which one is better for a hunter (if there's any difference). It's not as clearcut as it is with a caster, since both the aldor/scryer exalted weapons are pretty good for a hunter I think.

Well, seems Aldor gets the lion's share of Hunters. I was just curious if you start gaining honor with them throughout all of your questing in outland, or if it's just their own specific quests (probably the latter). I was just curious if I should get an "early start" or whatever.

firex

oh, if you're talking about quests, you only start building up rep with aldor/scryer when you start doing their quests and getting the different turnins.

FF_VIII

Banned
Mage is 59, questing in Outland is so easy:lol Questing in general really, love being a Mage.

Aslo after going through like 4 alts I've decided to have a Shaman.

Buggy Loop said:
Hunters seem favored by aldor, i went with them.

Unless you are BE. I learned this later as he was Honored...and I was the only BE I'd seen in any Aldor place since I'd fell in with them (you start at Friendly with Scryers and vice versa as Draenei). :lol

firex

that's weird. I've started out as friendly with scryers regardless of what race I've played. I thought it was just that you start at neutral with aldor because they have more rep drops from high level instances.

I think you get friendly with Scryers if you talk to them first. Or it might just be that Horde get friendly with them first. I got friendly with Scryers by just talking to the banker at 58. That doesn't really matter since you get the quest to choose for real at 64 though.

Joe

290ubds.jpg

someone please help :(

wow forums suggested avira av and spyware terminator but that hasn't fixed it. it's a clean install

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Scrow said:
so i've been playing an orc warrior for a while now and got him to lvl 29 so far. it's SO fun in PvP. sometimes i just keep going and going non-stop from one fight to another, sometimes running away to bandage or get out of combat so i can charge. but most of the time i'm in the thick of the action.

but at this level PvP isn't a priority, and I'm more concerned with grinding efficiency to level up as quickly as possible. at the moment this is my spec, primarily using a TH weapon:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000503000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I've found that it performs decently well so far, but at lvl 30+ i'm considering respeccing to a more Fury based build, something like this where the focus is to get improved Slam so i can eliminate HS which takes a lot of rage (initial rage cost and the lost rage from auto attack) but still us a TH weapon:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000505013100520000000000000000000000000000000

is that a good idea? or should i be focusing on dual wield for leveling up? maybe a build more like this post lvl 30?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000505013150100000000000000000000000000000000

suggestions welcome!
anyone?

Slam is freaking terrible to level with, don't bother. It's only use is 2h pve. Also fury won't be worth spit till you can get some outlands 1hs. There's like no point in going for the pre-tbc one handers, as they are all squirreled away in instances. I'd stick with Arms till well into your 60s. If you must respec, I'd suggest getting rid of unbridaled wrath. It's just flat out terrible, no matter what you decide on spec wise.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So I did the unthinkable and created a Draenei Shaman on the RP server Moon Guard. Might try and rope a few friends into doing the same.

In a way I feel ashamed of myself for creating my 3rd Shaman character.. but in another, it feels exciting and fun to play in a relaxed and casual type of atmosphere and not fear being told off for spinning a tale :lol

Did anyone get on the PTR? Someone found a bug that boosts your stats. It's pretty cool to check out but, the stats reset as soon as you go through any kind of loading screen or log out.

Basically what you do is put some gear in a bag in the bank then trade that bag with an empty bag on you and the stats on the gear in the bag in the bank will be added to your stats. Then you gotta put the gear (not the whole bag) back in the bag in the bank and repeat. You got people soloing entire capital cities on there. It's crazy.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Oni Link 666 said:
Did anyone get on the PTR? Someone found a bug that boosts your stats. It's pretty cool to check out but, the stats reset as soon as you go through any kind of loading screen or log out.

Basically what you do is put some gear in a bag in the bank then trade that bag with an empty bag on you and the stats on the gear in the bag in the bank will be added to your stats. Then you gotta put the gear (not the whole bag) back in the bag in the bank and repeat. You got people soloing entire capital cities on there. It's crazy.
:lol Holy shit.

bengraven

Buggy Loop said:

Oh god, it's so slow for me, though! NEED EPIX. :(

(anyone on Cenarius, please send "Bengraven" 5000g.)

yacobod

Banned
i got a question for some rogue experts

i just recently started to lvl my rogue, went from 61-63 this weekend

the rogue is fully BWL or better geared, right now i'm combat daggers, but i was thinking of going mutilate

would it be worth respeccing to go mutilate?

also as far as poisons for lvling

i'm using Instant MH, Crippling OH, should i be using something else?

i guess i could use deadly, but deadly breaks gouge, so not sure why i would be using it

my basic stun lock goes like

CS, BS, gouge, BS, KS, BS, BS, mob usually dead after the first backstab

any tips would be appreciated

will post armory when i get home for spec advice

yacobod said:

the rogue is fully BWL or better geared, right now i'm combat daggers, but i was thinking of going mutilate

i guess i could use deadly, but deadly breaks gouge, so not sure why i would be using it

Swords is the best for leveling..daggers are a joke. Theres no reason to be using crippling for leveling. Just use instant on both for quick max dps to get the mobs dead.

The daggers I got at level 64 are better than those lol

But holy shit, how the hell do you get that kind of gear :eek:

I'm combat daggers with mostly quest items and I'm still kicking ass at 68

yacobod

Banned
Icy said:
gives it 2 levels and its replaced by questing gear alone.

thanks for the borderline retarded replies

no shit i'll be replacing some of the gear around lvl 65-66 and up, but it will carry me until then, and some pieces i'll prolly rock til 70 when i gear up for pvp, buying arena pts ftw

i had specific questions regarding dagger builds etc, if you don't have anything to add, then stfu

dont need some brain dead responses like lawlz you will be replacing your gearz

yacobod said:

The whole mutilate thing always sounded kind of broken to me. The target should ideally be poisoned but the only poison that does damage and can be on your target is deadly which would break the gouge. I guess you could also KS. Still that's a lot of energy for damage which would be done faster with SS. Also, ambush and backstab take a lot of energy and seem to be huge agro moves. I really don't like daggers and the whole positioning thing always sounded really dumb so, I'm biased. I'd say try out Combat or Subtlety. No positioning required.

Running around and stunlocking mobs is a lot slower than just sinister striking its face off too. Here's how i fight a mob. CS > Slice and Dice > Sinister strike until mobs is close to death and then eviscerate.

Leave stunlocks for PVP.

Oh and I think deadly poison on both hands is the best DPS by far. Try it out for yourself.

Also, you could replace chest, shoulders, belt, and bracers in Blood Furnace and Ramparts. Gloves in Slave Pens, Pants in Underbog, Boots in Mana Tombs, and the Mask in Auchenial Crypts. And if you're interested in swords, there's a good main-hand in Ramparts and a good off-hand in Mana Tombs.

And for trinkets I like Bladefists's Breadth from the Overlord quest in Hellfire and Mark of Conquest which you can buy in Zangarmarsh from the flag holder with 30 tokens from taking the towers in Hellfire and the GYs in ZM.

ManaByte

Gold Member
speedpop said:
So I did the unthinkable and created a Draenei Shaman on the RP server Moon Guard. Might try and rope a few friends into doing the same.

In a way I feel ashamed of myself for creating my 3rd Shaman character.. but in another, it feels exciting and fun to play in a relaxed and casual type of atmosphere and not fear being told off for spinning a tale :lol

Horde or Alliance?

edit: I see Draenei; doh.

I may roll one there. Or a pally. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom