• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteric Rice

My God, we just got out of a AB BG and we fucking beat the horde by 50. We lost to them earlier by 20. :O

Hectic day, but I need 6 more markers so I'll have enough for my robe. :O

Then I just have to honor farm for the rest of the set.

yacobod said:
thanks for the borderline retarded replies

no shit i'll be replacing some of the gear around lvl 65-66 and up, but it will carry me until then, and some pieces i'll prolly rock til 70 when i gear up for pvp, buying arena pts ftw

i had specific questions regarding dagger builds etc, if you don't have anything to add, then stfu

dont need some brain dead responses like lawlz you will be replacing your gearz
You want comments on dagger builds? Fine. Only noobs use daggers for leveling. You're just plain stupid to be using daggers to level. Whats the point of leveling slower than normal rogues.

Icy

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
You want comments on dagger builds? Fine. Only noobs use daggers for leveling. You're just plain stupid to be using daggers to level. Whats the point of leveling slower than normal rogues.

/agreed

I really enjoy levelling with daggers

Cheap shot, backstab, SS, slice and dice, ss, ss, eviscerate if the mob isnt dead yet then stealth, cheap shot, backstab, and if slice and dicce is gone - do it up again

mollipen

Kintaro said:
Problem was, my pets did not level with me because quest reward xp was very, very high leveling up and they got behind the curve. So, I either have to find new pets, or grind their levels (and my pets have been with me for a long time...you grow attached).

I have the same pet I got when I turned 10 and got my first real pet. I just turned 64, and haven't had a problem with my pet lagging too far behind me level wise.

BigJonsson said:
I really enjoy levelling with daggers

Cheap shot, backstab, SS, slice and dice, ss, ss, eviscerate if the mob isnt dead yet then stealth, cheap shot, backstab, and if slice and dicce is gone - do it up again

Then keep it up! :D

Don't listen to those that aren't paying your monthly bill. Some would have everyone the same spec and the same gear and miserable. Like those shitty Blizzard boards.

Do your own thing.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
shidoshi said:
I have the same pet I got when I turned 10 and got my first real pet. I just turned 64, and haven't had a problem with my pet lagging too far behind me level wise.

It's worked itself out now. Thankfully. Was rough going there for awhile. =/

Bregor

yacobod said:
i got a question for some rogue experts

i just recently started to lvl my rogue, went from 61-63 this weekend

the rogue is fully BWL or better geared, right now i'm combat daggers, but i was thinking of going mutilate

would it be worth respeccing to go mutilate?

also as far as poisons for lvling

i'm using Instant MH, Crippling OH, should i be using something else?

i guess i could use deadly, but deadly breaks gouge, so not sure why i would be using it

my basic stun lock goes like

CS, BS, gouge, BS, KS, BS, BS, mob usually dead after the first backstab

any tips would be appreciated

will post armory when i get home for spec advice

Don't listen to the others ... mutilate works fine for leveling, and it won't be for a while that you can get a BC sword that will beat your BWL epics. I lvled my Rogue from 61-70 just fine using Muti, its my favorite spec ... such a shame that it is not competitive in a raid environment.

Make sure you've got high damage (slow) daggers for both hands ... unlike other rogue specs you do not want a fast weapon in your off hand. You've got the right poisons in mind for Muti. The usual sequence used on a mob is CS > Muti > KS > Cold Blood (optional) > Muti > Eviscerate.

Don't bother with envenom, it isn't worth it.

The one great drawback to using Muti is that while you can dominate single mobs effortlessly with it, if you pull more than one (on purpose or by accident), you have a hard time handling them.

My tailoring is at 351 and it's a pain. I'm completely burned out on farming for mats and I dont want to spend my life's savings at the AH. Anyone know of any good patterns for getting up to 375?

border

My rogue is at 49, and I got some good epic weapons that I expect to last me to 60. What enchants should I get for them? +15 AGI? +20 AGI? Crusader? Money is not much of an issue, but I want to use my gold as effectively as possible. I am thinking about putting Crusader on one, and AGI on another -- good idea? Is it better to put Crusader on the main hand or the offhand?

Deputy Moonman said:
My tailoring is at 351 and it's a pain. I'm completely burned out on farming for mats and I dont want to spend my life's savings at the AH. Anyone know of any good patterns for getting up to 375?
350 - 360 - Netherweave Tunic

360-375 - Imbued Netherweave Tunic

The last 25 levels of any crafting profession are just awful -- no way around it. For the final stretch, make sure you craft your Spellfire/Mooncloth/Frozen Shadoweave specialty recipes, so you can at least get 2-3 levels. Towards the end you can also run TK instances for the Arcanoweave patterns, which are far cheaper than making the Imbued Netherweave Tunics.

I ran SM with my 68 to see if I could get any blue drops....ended up getting the watchman pauldrons and selling them for 92g

Then later I was in Nagrand and a Voidspawn dropped the Two of Lunacy, got that on AH now

Good day for me gold-wise

Hero

Any non-combat build for leveling a rogue is retarded.

Blade Flurry > anything in Assass/Sub tree for pve leveling.

Seriously, it's not even debatable.

You can level as Mutilate or Hemo if you want. But it's not going to be anywhere near efficient as Combat.

Ignoring the first 20 points of all trees since you can get those after the 41 points, this is what we can get from each tree.

Assassination: Cold Blood, Improved Kidney Shot, Quick Recovery, Seal Fate, Vigor, Find Weakness, Mutilate.

Combat: Sword/Mace specialization, Blade Flurry, Weapon Expertise, Aggression, Adrenaline Rush, Combat Potency, Surprise Attacks.

Sub: Hemo, Dirty Deeds, Prep, Deadliness, Cheat Death, Premed, Sinister Calling, Shadowstep.

Out of all of those, there is nothing from the other trees that can beat the pure grinding efficiency that is Blade Flurry + Adrenaline Rush + Sword Spec + Combat Potency.

Eh, I've been full Sub Daggers my whole rogue career (with Instant on both) and leveling was never a problem. Maybe other specs are "more optimal" but I doubt you'll have a hard time killing anything whichever way you go.

Ashodin

tonight we finally got the rest of our members keyed that we wanted to. It's all downhill from here folks! Hyjal and BT until our eyes bleed :D

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I think Jewelcrafting is just front-loaded as far as leveling goes. The last 30 points before 300 are frickin' brutal, whereas after 300 it's cake, mainly because of gem availability.

bengraven

Got my rogue up to lvl 25, but seriously thinking of dropping LW/Skinning. I've got my LW up to a level where I can actually create some blue twink gear for my rogue that's actually effective, but if Blacksmithing is any indication, I'm not sure how long that will last.

I'd like to do one of the "fun" profs, like JC or Chanting, but I already have a chanter/tailor with my lock and if I choose one of them, I'll never play the lock. I dunno...

Trying to get you guys to talk me into keeping LW. Good luck.

Quick question for warlocks....

I just recently started playing WoW again (quit about 2 years ago) and had a 60 Rogue which I ended up selling. Right now I have a 18 Warlock and have been doing Warsong Gulch past few days. How are warlocks in PvP at lvl70? Because right now I get tore up in most 1 vs 1 encounters but do alright as long as I stay with the group. I ask because my main focus is to PvP as I don't plan on being in a huge raiding guild.

Icy

Banned
FLUXCapacitor said:
Quick question for warlocks....

I just recently started playing WoW again (quit about 2 years ago) and had a 60 Rogue which I ended up selling. Right now I have a 18 Warlock and have been doing Warsong Gulch past few days. How are warlocks in PvP at lvl70? Because right now I get tore up in most 1 vs 1 encounters but do alright as long as I stay with the group. I ask because my main focus is to PvP as I don't plan on being in a huge raiding guild.

if you know what you're doing locks tear up anything. Top of the DPS meters in raids and usually the top killers in pvp.

border said:
My rogue is at 49, and I got some good epic weapons that I expect to last me to 60. What enchants should I get for them? +15 AGI? +20 AGI? Crusader? Money is not much of an issue, but I want to use my gold as effectively as possible. I am thinking about putting Crusader on one, and AGI on another -- good idea? Is it better to put Crusader on the main hand or the offhand?

350 - 360 - Netherweave Tunic

360-375 - Imbued Netherweave Tunic

The last 25 levels of any crafting profession are just awful -- no way around it. For the final stretch, make sure you craft your Spellfire/Mooncloth/Frozen Shadoweave specialty recipes, so you can at least get 2-3 levels. Towards the end you can also run TK instances for the Arcanoweave patterns, which are far cheaper than making the Imbued Netherweave Tunics.
Duel mongooses is the best enchants for rogues by far.

Ashodin

Icy said:
if you know what you're doing locks tear up anything. Top of the DPS meters in raids and usually the top killers in pvp.
He's speaking the truth. Yesterday the meters were Lock Lock, Hunter, Me, Hunter, Rogue, Fury War, Hunter, Hunter, and so on.

The Locks were at least several percentages above everyone else.

Hero

I think he was talking about PVP. If you're talking BGs, warlocks and hunters are probably the easiest classes to solo and do well. Warriors with a healbot can easily dominate as well.

Unfortunately the new lifetap nerf is probably going to ruin warlocks for a while.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I don't really have time to run instances anymore, so I've decided to respec my priest to shadow for a while (was holy before), and wow, what a difference that makes for smacking mobs around. I'm having a lot of fun with this build. :) I'll mosey down to BG when I have a chance and fiddle around there when I have a chance. I have mixed feelings about it though. It'll be fun to inflict some decent damage, but my server has a horrible problem for turtling in BG that is very frustrating. :(

Bregor

DarkAngelYuna said:

Executor / Mongoose is very competitive with dual Mongoose, depending on how much armour penetration you have on the rest of your gear.

border said:

Don't waste your money on enchants then. Seriously. If you must get something then get +15 agility. You don't want to spend 500 or 1k gold on enchants for weapons you'll replace in a week.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Got my first S1 gear today, the shoulders obviously, its whats stands out the most for hunter's pvp gear (well pretty much all classes).

Welfare armor its called? Bleh, it looks hot, has better stats than any outland shits i found and i have to start somewhere right? I dont see myself going into arena with greens.

Buggy Loop said:
Got my first S1 gear today, the shoulders obviously, its whats stands out the most for hunter's pvp gear (well pretty much all classes).

Welfare armor its called? Bleh, it looks hot, has better stats than any outland shits i found and i have to start somewhere right? I dont see myself going into arena with greens.
Start a crappy arena team asap no matter how bad your gear is. Right now you're getting 0 arena points.. A bad team will still get you a few hundred a week so you can get much better gear quicker..

border

DarkAngelYuna said:
As nice as that'd be, I'd prefer to limit myself to pre-BC enchants :D I could spend the money on double-mongoose, but then I'd probably feel obligated to keep my weapons all the way to 70.....but they will be easily outclassed by lvl58 HellFire Peninsula rewards.

So mostly I'm just wondering about AGI vs Crusader.

border said:
As nice as that'd be, I'd prefer to limit myself to pre-BC enchants :D I could spend the money on double-mongoose, but then I'd probably feel obligated to keep my weapons all the way to 70.....but they will be easily outclassed by lvl58 HellFire Peninsula rewards.

So mostly I'm just wondering about AGI vs Crusader.
Get agi then, its better than relying on crusader's procs.

border

I looked up the cost of mats for Mongoose, and it really isn't that bad, considering I will get about 7-8 levels worth of use out of my weapons. So I'll be going double Mongoose on my Krol Blade and Shadowblade.

I should probably be saving my money since Primal Nethers will be a hot commodity after the next patch, and I need bunch of them to make stuff. But at the moment, what else am I going to spend it on? :D

JoeFu

Banned
I finally got my charger. Freaking cost me more in the end because the prices for most of the quest items were jacked up in the AH. Oh well, love running at 120%.

Chris R

grinded to 300 mining today so I can mine in outlands, and because of that I will have a 60 mount soon :lol

I feel sorry for people who don't farm their own shit, but if they have the gold to waste, so be it

Woo, ding 52 on my warrior alt. Leveling has been so easy, most likely because I always make sure to get the best weapon possible once I ding. Today when I hit 51 I got the Ice Barbed Spear and slapped a savagery on it. I rip any mob I fight into pieces so fast =] I should hit 60 before outland since I still haven't done any quests in about 9 different lvl 48+ zones. I hate groups and instances so this is all solo ;(

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mr Nash said:
It'll be fun to inflict some decent damage, but my server has a horrible problem for turtling in BG that is very frustrating. :(
well it's not just one server then since BGs work on battlegroups which is a combination of servers.

Tamanon said:
Yeah, I think Jewelcrafting is just front-loaded as far as leveling goes. The last 30 points before 300 are frickin' brutal, whereas after 300 it's cake, mainly because of gem availability.
yeah, JC raped my bank balance towards the end. the prices for all the mats at that level were inflated ridiculously.

FF_VIII

Banned
I think I'm just gonna quest to 70 (61 currently) because the instant groups are a joke.

Priests and Warriors joining the group and not wanting to tank/heal, wtf? Spent like an hour yesterday looking for a tank when we had a warrior already n the group :(

My Priest was shadow all the way to 70, but Jesus, even I had healing gear. I healed every instanced till I got to 70.

Today was the worst as we had both priest and warrior and neither would tank/heal so I bailed.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
yeah, i was in a group not so long ago where the warrior didn't want to tank because he was fury specced. i simply told him with plate, a shield, abilities to generate aggro and defensive stance he'd hold up better than the rest of us in cloth, mail and leather.

so he conceded and equipped his shield.... a white quality shield... i couldn't believe it.

so we ended up getting a prot pally to tank for us, but even that was a hassle. *sigh*

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol

On my old Priest, I always kept a vendor trash shield in case a few of us PUG'd it and needed a Warrior who wasn't smart enough to carry his own shield. Been in way too many groups where the tank was rolling with a 2Her. The last time that occurred was in Sunken Temple of all places, I couldn't believe this shithead running around with a glowing lance.

yacobod

Banned
to be fair i know i can tank any non heroic lvl 70 instance with a 2hander, and the run would go way faster than the alternative of me sword and boarding, especially with a shaman to drop windfury

aesop

Despite all the guild drama I've been experiencing lately, we downed two new bosses last week. Loot Reaver and Lurker Below down, Al'ar and Hydross are next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom