• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, at 60 hellfire is still sorta hard as a warrior. Trying to do that quest where you free those 3 caged dudes. Fighting those shattered hand orcs 1 on 1 brings me down to 50% life everytime almost.. Gotta fight them 1 and 1 if I wanna live. However, the 58-61 demons and orcs on the right side of thrallmar die just as quick as pre bc mobs :D Still using my lvl 40 kodo even though I paid for the final riding. Trying to farm 50 marks for the wolf, I'm not wasting more money on another stupid kodo. Gotta get to 61 so I can get in the end game av with instant queues and 14 minute games.. Not this 51-60 av with 10 minutes queues and games lasting 45+ min ;(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
onemic said:
Oh and why exactly can't anyone actually enter dalaran?
From wowwiki.com

The city was defended by Dalaran Guard Towers and archmagi, but was ultimately destroyed following the summoning of Archimonde to Azeroth. The great demon single-handedly laid waste to the city by creating a magical effigy out of the dust, which he then crushed; the mighty towers of Dalaran fell simultaneously. Soon after the defeat of the Burning Legion, however, Alliance forces under the command of Grand Marshal Garithos regained the ruins of the city; some refugees from Lordaeron eventually made their way there as well.

The surviving magi of the Kirin Tor later returned with the intent of rebuilding, and erected a large, magical time-and-space distortion field around the city to ward off a new attack while they slowly regained their strength. The shield is opaque and completely impenetrable by any known means.

Bit similar to Gilneas really, with the walls of Gilneas never opening.

border

Joe said:
no clue this is actually my first time playing with BC, im at level 70 and waiting on friends to tell me what to do now :lol
Well, let me know how it goes I guess :D I'm interested to hear about all the crazy shit you can do on private servers.

Argh getting annoyed. Warrior was so easy all the way to 60. Now im just 10% away from 61 but hellfire is fucking hard solo. I have to fight mobs 1 on 1 or I'm pretty much dead unless I'm lucky.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Argh getting annoyed. Warrior was so easy all the way to 60. Now im just 10% away from 61 but hellfire is fucking hard solo. I have to fight mobs 1 on 1 or I'm pretty much dead unless I'm lucky.
You sound like your a dirty Fury warr.

Belfast

speedpop said:
From wowwiki.com

Bit similar to Gilneas really, with the walls of Gilneas never opening.

I have a feeling we might get some access to Dalaran with WotLK. Aren't they battling the dragon brood that controls one of the new instances? While we may not be able to get inside the city itself, at least their part of the plot should be continued soon.

Also, it'd be awesome for Gilneas to open up, as well, but I doubt we'll see that until the 3rd expansion.

Onemic

Belfast said:
I have a feeling we might get some access to Dalaran with WotLK. Aren't they battling the dragon brood that controls one of the new instances? While we may not be able to get inside the city itself, at least their part of the plot should be continued soon.

Also, it'd be awesome for Gilneas to open up, as well, but I doubt we'll see that until the 3rd expansion.

From reading the Wowwiki, Dalaran will be completely available in the expansion as it's the neutral city in northrend.

Tamanon

Banned
Belfast said:

Yup, Dalaran will be the hub city of WOTLK, floating and all.

bengraven

DarkAngelYuna said:

EXACTLY. I had to one on one those orcs until level 61 or 62. Everything changed at 61. And I still would only take on one at a time because it seemed like there was going to be a 50/50 chance I wasn't going to survive the experience. It's especially frustrating around those catapults near Thrallmar where you have 2 or 3 close to each other, PLUS a hulking warrior pat PLUS a hulking warrior on wolf pat.

So when BC came out I respecced prot due to karazhan. Over a year later, I'm finally fury again. Went into kara just to kill nightbane (only guild member who can lol) 2nd on the dps list. :D

It's fun to hurt things again.

bengraven said:
EXACTLY. I had to one on one those orcs until level 61 or 62. Everything changed at 61. And I still would only take on one at a time because it seemed like there was going to be a 50/50 chance I wasn't going to survive the experience. It's especially frustrating around those catapults near Thrallmar where you have 2 or 3 close to each other, PLUS a hulking warrior pat PLUS a hulking warrior on wolf pat.
Ya this is so fucked up. Pre outlands I could tank 5 mobs at once as arms and live just fine. Now 2 will just kill me in outland lol. I have a 70 rogue, lock, mage and priest and none of them were anywhere near this hard in hellfire. Repairs are killing me on this toon. :lol :lol

Alex

Hellfire must be, uh... hellish, for a fresh Warrior by himself. Of course it can be on a couple of classe/specs. Just need to let the game forcefeed you gear a bit

Tamanon

Banned
Alex said:
Hellfire must be, uh... hellish, for a fresh Warrior by himself. Of course it can be on a couple of classe/specs. Just need to let the game forcefeed you gear a bit

Basically any class that's designed to outlast your opponent has it hard in Hellfire at first. Just because the jump from 60 to outlands 60 and up of mobs is huge, as far as damage goes. So melee classes get hit a lot harder than their armor/stats help. I know it was hell on my prot paladin at first going up there. But once I got some new gear off the first few quests it got a lot easier.

I started HP at level 60 and my rogue was getting rocked.....until I finished a few quests and upgraded my weapon and a few other pieces of gear....then I started demolishin HP mobs

I was kind of excited when things got challenging but it didn't last that long

Did ramps once and all caster shit dropped. My druid friend got 4 pieces of gear while I got nothing. I haven't been able to find another group for it at all today since according to my realm "warriors can't dps."

Ripclawe said:
alright, shamans getting a bit too much love

It was completely useless before, and it will at least have SOME use now. It's not going to make it better than Windfury on your main-hand, but maybe it can be considered for off-hand use now for Enhancement Shamans.

Is dw fury that bad or really better than 2h arms? Every forum I read tells me to switch to dw fury when I'm honored with Thrall and can buy 2 of their axes.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Did ramps once and all caster shit dropped. My druid friend got 4 pieces of gear while I got nothing. I haven't been able to find another group for it at all today since according to my realm "warriors can't dps."

To be fair, running ramps if you come across a warrior who refuses to tank, you'd rather take one of the 50000 rogues who are also looking for a group. At least they have fanish, feint and sap.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Is dw fury that bad or really better than 2h arms? Every forum I read tells me to switch to dw fury when I'm honored with Thrall and can buy 2 of their axes.

dw fury is pretty darn good once you get the hit rating you need to not miss to much with yellow attacks (for a 44 points in fury build) that number is 95 hit rating. If you can spin that, DW fury with two decent weapons becomes as much or better than 2H arms DPS, even with the low AP/crit you'll be sporting in lower level/quality gear.

Chris R

I can't get a group for ramps so I've just moved on to Zanga since I'm 62 :(

Nobody wants a mage and when I try to setup a group nobody else wants to run

My lvl 63 warr is still rocking an Unstoppable Force. I really can't convince myself to give it up, the mace proc combined with the natural stun proc really seems to help.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
rhfb said:
I can't get a group for ramps so I've just moved on to Zanga since I'm 62 :(

Nobody wants a mage and when I try to setup a group nobody else wants to run
Just level up, the quest rewards are good enough to be drilling shit. Once you hit 70 then you can start running the instances that everyone else is.

Chris R

speedpop said:
Just level up, the quest rewards are good enough to be drilling shit. Once you hit 70 then you can start running the instances that everyone else is.
yea I know, just by not doing ramps and shit I'm missing out on rep so I'll have to do sh runs (or just screw Thrallmar rep :lol since I hate SH so much)

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Goddamnit, last night i stop PVP'ing because i was like 500 honor points over what i needed, now this morning im 200 under, bliz stole 700 :(

Icy

Banned
Alex said:
Yeah, but those are gone in 2.4. About time, really.

main reason they were put in was cause of all the fools ganking and corpse camping, it put a cap on it but with the spread of levels and areas now its pretty rare to find people really doing that in a mass effect.

unifin

Son of Godzilla said:
My lvl 63 warr is still rocking an Unstoppable Force. I really can't convince myself to give it up, the mace proc combined with the natural stun proc really seems to help.

Go Blacksmithing, and craft yourself a Thunder -> Deep Thunder --> Stormherald at 70.

Ripclawe

Banned
unifin said:
Go Blacksmithing, and craft yourself a Thunder -> Deep Thunder --> Stormherald at 70.

or just grind out 27,000 honor points in AV(not that hard) and get the gladiator mace from there instead of going with all expense. Especially with S2 weapons coming at the start of S4 Arena.

Tamanon

Banned
Aight, so up to 37 with the Shammy. Damn fun class to play, it just seems like there are so many options for how I can handle different situations, as opposed to "burn them all down" or "wait for them to die against my pally's shield".

Plus I really like the 5 hearthstones an hour with my hearth set in Shatt.

Also, thank GOD for the revamp of Duskwallow Marsh.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Tamanon said:
Aight, so up to 37 with the Shammy. Damn fun class to play, it just seems like there are so many options for how I can handle different situations, as opposed to "burn them all down" or "wait for them to die against my pally's shield".

Plus I really like the 5 hearthstones an hour with my hearth set in Shatt.

Also, thank GOD for the revamp of Duskwallow Marsh.

What server/side?

Onemic

How good is a holy pally? And is it alright for a holy pally to have a 2H wpn or is it sword and board?

Oh and is a holy pally good at DPS at all or will I basically be like a priest?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Goddamn they're annoying to kill in pvp though, i dont die from their dps, i die of BOREDOM, typically i just cast viper sting on them, send my pet on him and focus on some other class to do dmg, retarget pally when viper sting's cooldown is back, back to others, whenever he has no more mana, then i'll bother.

Onemic

firex said:
holy pally is maybe the worst possible dpsing class in the game.

Is there any way to make them better at DPS? Say by putting 41 points in holy and the rest somewhere else? I honestly dont wanna be a priest in plate armor.

firex

The only way to make a paladin better at dps is to spec prot or ret and gear them for those instead of holy. Paladins suck for dps overall but especially holy paladins suck at dps.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
holy pally is maybe the worst possible dpsing class in the game.

I dunno, I'd say resto druids and resto shammies would be worse. My holy pally had no problem soloing, killed things faster than when he was prot, that's for sure. Decent damage gear makes it not too bad, maybe 20-25 seconds per fight.

firex

A resto druid/shaman still has more pure caster damage to use than a holy pally to complement all their healing gear. Holy pallies just suck at grinding compared to everything else I've played. Maybe the 40/0/21 build is ok but all you really get for damage with a holy pally is consecrate, seal of righteousness and holy shock. A resto druid still has root + wrath, starfire and moonfire, or they can go with catform and still deal good dps in that form with a cat set. A resto shaman's got lightning bolt and all three of their shocks, chain lightning, and I guess you could count the fire totems and flametongue weapon (since that's basically seal of righteousness).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom