• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
With decent damage gear, even while leveling, your seal of righteousness does ~250 damage per melee hit, judging it does ~1k, holy shock the same. I dunno, it was all pretty easy when I was leveling from 60-70 as Holy. Nevermind if you were fighting demons, toss in exorcism too.

tenchir

Buggy Loop said:
Goddamn they're annoying to kill in pvp though, i dont die from their dps, i die of BOREDOM, typically i just cast viper sting on them, send my pet on him and focus on some other class to do dmg, retarget pally when viper sting's cooldown is back, back to others, whenever he has no more mana, then i'll bother.

I tried dueling with one of them on my resto shammy out of curiosity, the duel lasted 10 minutes straight and our mana never went down below 50%. We stop the duel when we realized that it's pretty much impossible for us to kill each other. I don't have the mana to outdo his heals and his dps is too pathetic to outdo my es. If I am low on mana, I just switch to water shield until my mana is like back to 90%.

Reliquary of Souls. Had that shit after 2 days of letting it sink into stragglers' heads. MT dcs. His girlfriend the warlock lead DCs. More DC. Apparently it's floodin' down in Texas; all of the telephone lines are down, heh.

Son of Godzilla said:
My lvl 63 warr is still rocking an Unstoppable Force. I really can't convince myself to give it up, the mace proc combined with the natural stun proc really seems to help.

Yah, I didn't give Asty's up till 65 when I crafted an Adamantite Cleaver. Crusader is THAT good, too.

Tamanon said:
Oh this is my alt over on Bronzebeard/Ally. Got a couple 70s there, a holy pally and a frost mage that I get tired of occasionally.:lol

WHO ARE YOU

I've had a few shitty characters on Bronzebeard/Ally over the years. Gorthnor, a 60 Hunter and Xaanthan, a 70 pally. Guilds include Category 5, Angels on Guard and Unguilded.

Tamanon

Banned
teacupcopter said:
WHO ARE YOU

I've had a few shitty characters on Bronzebeard/Ally over the years. Gorthnor, a 60 Hunter and Xaanthan, a 70 pally. Guilds include Category 5, Angels on Guard and Unguilded.

:lol My main, Argilla the pally is in Cat 5.

John_B

I like how Blizzard came out whining about gold buyers a couple of weeks ago. It was Blizzard who decided to chang the economy with the expansion. They decided to make a crap mount for cheap gold and a good mount for tons of gold. They introduced arena and never gave it a moments thought that respeccing several times a week for 50g would be a drain. They made the best enchants so material heavy they will cost you a good 500-800 gold.

Shit like this does not help either.
ssotitle.jpg

I really think that Blizzard thought that people would simply spend more time grinding. Though people can't be bothered to grind 100 gold an hour from some retarded mobs.

Change the cost of respeccing to 10 gold. This way it is never a problem if you want to jump in arena on a random day, or if you are needed as tank/healer/dps in some instance.

Change the speed of the rare flying mount to 100%. This way it won't feel so ass as it currently does.

Change the materials of all the heavy weapon enchants. Add one nether and remove some of the voids and shards.

Bregor

This is no change. Blizzard has said from the very launch of the game that they believe that money sinks are needed in order to prevent inflation in the in-game economy. And they are right.

firex

I can't imagine paying 1k gold for a title, but these money sinks are in there for the people who play too many hours a day anyway.

yacobod

Banned
John_B said:
I really think that Blizzard thought that people would simply spend more time grinding. Though people can't be bothered to grind 100 gold an hour from some retarded mobs.

honestly you can make over 100g/hour just doing some daily quests

i can knock out 10 dailies in a little over an hour typically

say 10 dailies is about 150g , so it would take me a little over a month of casual play to make 5k gold

i dont think gold is an issue anymore in expansion, if you are having trouble with gold, u are prolly pretty lazy

Chris R

BigJonsson said:
How much harder is heroic ramps than regular ramps? lol
This much |------------------------------------|

Also anyone know wtf is up with this? I'm in the Zanga inn when this druid just walks up the path, moonfires me a few times and I'm dead, while they didn't get the guards attacking them... :lol

Tamanon said:
:lol My main, Argilla the pally is in Cat 5.

I was in cat5 ages ago, I quit after Menacekiz decided to be a fucking idiot to my real life mate who was repping up with the thorium brotherhood at the time. Vexhus? Do you know him :O

bengraven

yacobod said:
honestly you can make over 100g/hour just doing some daily quests

i can knock out 10 dailies in a little over an hour typically

say 10 dailies is about 150g , so it would take me a little over a month of casual play to make 5k gold

i dont think gold is an issue anymore in expansion, if you are having trouble with gold, u are prolly pretty lazy

Or you're too busy with your life outside of WoW. :lol

border

bengraven said:
Or you're too busy with your life outside of WoW. :lol
If your life outside WoW is that important, you don't really need the epic mount or the 500g enchants, do you?

People complain about the cost of stuff now, but it's not like you were that much better off prior to Burning Crusade. I can't count how many laps I did around Felwood, trying to pick enough flowers to sell so I could buy that epic ground mount. With the dailies, money-making is no longer limited to grind-farming or gathering professions. If you want the high-end luxuries of the game, you've never been in a better position to get them.

Stuff like the flying epic seem ridiculously expensive when you think about the total cost, but just grind it out in short daily bursts. 100g per day gets you that mount in under 8 weeks, and almost anyone can do 100g per day (in less than a couple hours).

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
rhfb said:
Also anyone know wtf is up with this? I'm in the Zanga inn when this druid just walks up the path, moonfires me a few times and I'm dead, while they didn't get the guards attacking them... :lol
maybe it has something to do with their reputation with the faction?

Chris R

Scrow said:
maybe it has something to do with their reputation with the faction?
I would hope not, don't goblins still attack you if you are exalted? I remember the corpses on the floor of the arena gear vendor rooms :lol

Tamanon

Banned
teacupcopter said:
I was in cat5 ages ago, I quit after Menacekiz decided to be a fucking idiot to my real life mate who was repping up with the thorium brotherhood at the time. Vexhus? Do you know him :O

Nope, although I moved from Bronzebeard to Silvermoon a bit before BC came out, and just recently moved back. So I had about a year and a half where I wasn't in the guild.

My bud, ex-coworker is one of the officers, Redoubt, so that's why I'm in it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks like something is up for Shaman - Nature's Swiftness and Elemental Mastery sharing a 10 second cooldown has been removed. Blizzard in damage control and not wanting to cop the Bus Shock :lol

Also I like this little detail on the PTR.

No matter where you are you can now choose if you want to play EU (PVP/PVE), US (PVP/PVE) or Korea.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well see.

Now I want that title. So badly.

Better ding 70 soon and save up.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Started a Human Priest on Bronzebeard. NEVER played a Priest past 20 and playing a Resto Shaman kinda got me liking healing so I'm going Holy with him.

John_B said:
I like how Blizzard came out whining about gold buyers a couple of weeks ago. It was Blizzard who decided to chang the economy with the expansion. They decided to make a crap mount for cheap gold and a good mount for tons of gold. They introduced arena and never gave it a moments thought that respeccing several times a week for 50g would be a drain. They made the best enchants so material heavy they will cost you a good 500-800 gold.

respecing pre BC from PvE to PvP was expensive too, that hasn't changed at all.... If you wanted both PvP and PvE gear and working at them at the same time with 2 different specs will and always has required enough gold for the respecs.

Maybe that title should read "is fucking stupid". 1k gold for a title? There's not enough :lols for that. I bet the same idiots with it will be flying around at 60% on their slow as molasses mount QQing about not being able to save 5k.

Icy

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
Maybe that title should read "is fucking stupid". 1k gold for a title? There's not enough :lols for that. I bet the same idiots with it will be flying around at 60% on their slow as molasses mount QQing about not being able to save 5k.

Well realistically, all the dailies are a mininum of 11g and some change. and they go up from there. SO lets assume we do 25 dailies a day at 11g not counting the silver. You would generate 275g per day mininum. It would take 19 days to generate 5225g and thats not including any crap that you can vendor, auction, or even the silver overage.

Atually now that i look at it, its 11g and 99s. at level 70. So its actually 299g and 75s per day mininum for a 25 daily quest grind. Which will take 17 days to generate 5000g. That 1000g title would onl take 4 days of daily quests and again thats without all the vendor trash, auction items.

John_B

I was not defending gold buyers and I don't purchase gold myself.

I just think if Blizzard think it is such a big issue, whining about it won't make any difference at all. They need to do some changes to the game.

I personally have given up on arena because of the 100 gold respec cost every week. I think raiding takes a lot of time out my real life, so I farm a little gold just for pots, repair bills and the occasional enchants.

Icy

Banned
John_B said:
I was not defending gold buyers and I don't purchase gold myself.

I just think if Blizzard think it is such a big issue, whining about it won't make any difference at all. They need to do some changes to the game.

I personally have given up on arena because of the 100 gold respec cost every week. I think raiding takes a lot of time out my real life, so I farm a little gold just for pots, repair bills and the occasional enchants.

Yeah I mean the only reason I even need gold at this time is for respecs, consumables, and enchants. I've got my epic flying, I mine and skin for gold. I stock up on rare gems. ONly time I need enchants or new gems cut is when I get new gear. I'm at 4/5 S3 and 1/5 S2. So I'm alright on gear until I got the points for my S3 shoulders on my Shammy :D

You forget the best reason to be a miser in this game: To keep it out of the hands of the undeserving. Playing the market is just overwhelmingly fun, especially when you become rich enough to really influence it.

speedpop

Son of Godzilla said:
You forget the best reason to be a miser in this game: To keep it out of the hands of the undeserving. Playing the market is just overwhelmingly fun, especially when you become rich enough to really influence it.
Yeah. Old Warrior officer guildie of mine had another guild full of the realms character guild bank alts. They were practically the mafia of the server and literally controlled the prices of items on the AH.

Was always fun to see them at work.

Ashodin

Attempted Azgalor last night. Got him down to about 20%. We'll have him next time. We had to get the positioning just right for the whole raid, to avoid rain of fires.

Tonight we're going to hit up Rage, then go to Black Temple for Naj. We attempted him the other day, but we were down a couple of people (we're always 24 manning shit, wtf).

bengraven

speedpop said:
Yeah. Old Warrior officer guildie of mine had another guild full of the realms character guild bank alts. They were practically the mafia of the server and literally controlled the prices of items on the AH.

Was always fun to see them at work.

*idea*

speedpop

bengraven said:
Yeah I'd say definitely go for it. You'd be surprised by how many guilds leaders and officers are willing to do it when they hear about it because it helps them know what is going to happen to the economy.

I mean I was the leader of a smallish casual guild of around 50-60 players, but I was in his guild to help with the money balancing stuff (mainly due to him being my right hand man in the main guild, and me being his right hand man in this occasion) and it was always interesting to talk to some of the bigger guilds via the bank alts. To them, being part of this "secret" guild was a way to get the best for themselves and their main guild.. even if it meant having to co-operate with a rival raiding guild :lol

Well I haven't had much time to play lately due to college bs. I'm 63 and a half and just left Zangarmarsh. Man, holy shit zangarmarsh as a warrior was so easy again, I hope it stays like this for warriors and doesn't get hellfire hard again. I also made a 70 premade on the ptr to check out my arena\mace spec and it fucking rox.

Chris R

Damn all you people with new 60s are whipping my ass on the way to 70, I don't like Zanga or Terrokar, but man I love Nagrand.

Good thing spring break is coming up, but then Smash comes out :(

John_B

I return with more whining.

This is some new Inscription stuff they found in the 2.4 patch. This may only be for testing, but in case that this is one of the types you can use, then I really want to kick Blizzard in the balls for forcing this new profession on everyone. If they make it possible to have 3 professions, then I might forgive them, but it is really unfair for people who has been pouring tons of gold into two crafting professions or enchanting, then have to give on of them up.

demonicrunes.jpg

This is only rank 3 of the fireball improvement. I have no idea how far up it goes though.

I mean as a raider or even people serious about arena, why would you not have this? I have leatherworking and enchanting, cost me a fortune to level both after the expansion. I have gotten many rare patterns and formulas. I don't even use the crafted stuff no more, and the ring enchants are such small upgrades it's almost laughable. Those are nothing compared to the advantage of basic better dps.

I think it was fair game when they introduced jewelcrafting. Some people have made fortunes on jewelcrafting, but it has always been possible to obtain gems without being a jewelcrafter yourself. Some of the bop stuff they will be able to create with the next patch is really awesome, but nothing game breaking.

ManaByte

Gold Member
firex said:
I'd be surprised if the inscriptions can't be traded.

Oni Link 666 said:
It's not like you can only inscribe your own skills, right? I would think it works like enchanting or armor kits.

They've already said Inscriptions can be sold to other players on the AH. And they have mentioned that they are looking into a way for Enchanters to do the same with their enchants.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So I've been trying to promote having a druid in our guild to respec over to Moonkin(5% crit to the party!). He wants to but the guild won't let him since it's not a "viable" spec but it is. I was wondering if someone could make a small banner about the size of 450 width 100 height. Have the banner similar to the Hillary/Obama cliche signs with the blue background, "Traek for Moonkin 08!", and have a moonkin at the end of it. I've been trying to make one with paint but the font is so horrible...would appreciate it GAF :lol

Here's an example of the cliche sign
Obama%20yard%20sign-thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom