• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

SatelliteOfLove said:
Mother Shahraz DOWN, second pull.

Illidari Council DOWN, second night.

Illidan: us DOWN, second phase. :lol

We didn't expect to breeze like this so easily; we need to craft up some FR stuff fast for our 2nd and 3rd tanks forthwith.

Also, Illidan in combat either sounds like a Vespa with a broken starter, or an angry deaf kid depending on the guildmate.
Woot we'll be there soon enough too - we just downed Shade of Akama first night of attempts. Next up, Teron, and Azgalor.

firex

I did a shitload of EotS yesterday, along with a few WSG. I still feel like WSG sucks (just because it's more or less a check on how many druids you have) although the one we won was a WSG with no druids on either side. EotS is way better than when I played it at 70 on my pally. I thought it sucked then, but it was probably because at 70 I had to deal with raiders and arena players getting their non-set epics, while at 61-69 it's a more even playing field. I still feel like earth shield should be undispellable and/or cost a lot less mana, but I think it'll be more powerful in 2v2 arena once I'm geared up for that.

it's just a question now of how many AB/WSG/EotS tokens I want to get at 69 before hitting 70. either I'll get all the ones I can for the s1 healer set and the healer mace, or I'll add in more for the non-set s3 epics so I can be OP as soon as I hit 70.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
firex said:
I did a shitload of EotS yesterday, along with a few WSG. I still feel like WSG sucks (just because it's more or less a check on how many druids you have) although the one we won was a WSG with no druids on either side. EotS is way better than when I played it at 70 on my pally. I thought it sucked then, but it was probably because at 70 I had to deal with raiders and arena players getting their non-set epics, while at 61-69 it's a more even playing field. I still feel like earth shield should be undispellable and/or cost a lot less mana, but I think it'll be more powerful in 2v2 arena once I'm geared up for that.

it's just a question now of how many AB/WSG/EotS tokens I want to get at 69 before hitting 70. either I'll get all the ones I can for the s1 healer set and the healer mace, or I'll add in more for the non-set s3 epics so I can be OP as soon as I hit 70.
wouldn't it be better to stay 69 (a few bars away from dinging 70) and stockpile moh's. so at 80 you can use them for whatever and be OP/ahead of the game then? along with saving up some arena points. hell, and even stockpiling badges from heroics?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thorhald said:
Anyone play on private servers? I started up a toon on Wowscape. Hella fun!
what's it like? i knew someone on one that was really buggy and none of the spells worked. it was basically only good for getting to level 1 million and running around with thunderfurry any class.

i'd like to play on a private server where like... the only change is everlasting health in instances and fast leveling. so i could solo everyboss, but not one shot them.

firex

DeathNote said:
wouldn't it be better to stay 69 (a few bars away from dinging 70) and stockpile moh's. so at 80 you can use them for whatever and be OP/ahead of the game then? along with saving up some arena points. hell, and even stockpiling badges from heroics?
yes, I should really run around in greens and blues instead of getting easy welfare epics that will make leveling in WotLK even easier.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
firex said:
yes, I should really run around in greens and blues instead of getting easy welfare epics that will make leveling in WotLK even easier.
lol.ok. work hard for gear that's gonna get replaced by blues mr. i'm gonna be defensive. grind your life away. welfare epics=grind your ass of epics.

newsflash. i leveled up full tier 2 60's to 70 and 60's in no dungeon gear. didn't even hit brs on those toons. no difference in leveling what so ever.

with your logic. i should have grinded for pvp gear on those 60's for welfare gear instead of saving the honor and getting welfare 70 gear.

firex

I don't see how I'm being defensive just because you don't grasp the concept that WotLK's not coming out tomorrow. Why would I sit around in greens and blues when I could get an easy set of epics, then save up badges later on? I won't hit a BG again after I get s3 nonset epics, and I don't think I'll bother with those until I've got full s1.

border

DeathNote said:
with your logic. i should have grinded for pvp gear on those 60's for welfare gear instead of saving the honor and getting welfare 70 gear.
With your logic he should have stopped at level 59 in 2005 when Burning Crusade was announced, so he could save his honor for the expansion 16 months later. Of course he would have missed out on a ton of PVE content and PVP content.....which is what you seem to be promoting here as well.

There's no real guarantee that Badges of Honor will be of any use in WotLK, so I don't see the point in stockpiling them. Marks of Honor top out at 100 so it's kind of hard to really stockpile them. On top of that they are pretty worthless anyhow, since it takes far longer to grind honor than it does marks.

Stockpiling also foolishly ignores the idea of inflation -- what might be a lot now could be worth half as much in WotLK. So you end up denying yourself fun today for something that will lose most of its value tomorrow.

firex

yeah, that's the other thing. I probably will save badges at some point, just because I'll run out of stuff to buy with them. Blizzard, though, will either make badge gear cost way more badges (and then make more badges drop in WotLK instances) or will have a new currency, or who knows what. And there's no real point to stockpiling most stuff, and there's no reason to sit on my ass at 69 (or 70 for that matter) if I actually want to do some content at 70.

Chris R

Why would badges give anything that an 80 would want? WOTLK will bring a new currency for heroic 80 level instances, otherwise people would just run the heroics at 70 for easier badges to buy their gear with.

firex

after playing it some more, I can see why they're changing WSG. it's my least favorite BG. Probably fun as hell if you're a druid but I never really liked it as a paladin or a shaman. I mainly don't like WSG because it's so slow. If you could either cap the flag without your flag being returned, or if they made it so you can't camp with the flag at some spot while your whole team defends it'd be a lot more fun.

firex said:
after playing it some more, I can see why they're changing WSG. it's my least favorite BG. Probably fun as hell if you're a druid but I never really liked it as a paladin or a shaman. I mainly don't like WSG because it's so slow. If you could either cap the flag without your flag being returned, or if they made it so you can't camp with the flag at some spot while your whole team defends it'd be a lot more fun.

I want a system where the flags automagically return to the other FR after 10 minutes of being held. This makes GY sitting harder, as you gotta watch the room too if it takes too long.

etiolate

Banned
I just had the Galv charge me on aggro, aoe fear me out of room, follow me out and reset fiasco happen. I've seen it happen before, but not to me personally. Considering the timing of it, it caused a 0 bonus honor loss in AV for us. It happened after we had cleared the room of Horde, were working Galv down but there was just a few of us because of constant Horde and then bam, he resets, rest of Horde rez up and run back fast enough to save IBGY and wipe us out at Galv when he was halfway dead a second ago.

I think they need to entirely change the movement effect of fear. Not only does it cause the Galv resetting himself issue, but fear is normally the #1 way I get bugged into walls and often it will actually change my camera angle and after the fear wears off my character is running a different direction than my game camera is pointing. Nothing should change the actual physical interface of another player.

If fear only made a character spin in a circle or just shake in place, not only would it cause less bugs but it would be a reliable dungeon CC for warlocks. It is the running around uncontrollably that causes all the problems. Why isn't a simple solution like this in place already?

If it just made people spin in place, it wouldn't be near as much fun to fear someone's ass. All the fun is in watching what kind of trouble my foe can get themselves into. :lol

Twig

Banned
etiolate said:
Why isn't a simple solution like this in place already?
Because it would make PvP even less fun.

Wait, that's a good point. Why hasn't Blizzard changed the mechanics to something less dangerous?

So, I dinged 70 and respeced my warrior to the popular pvp MS\TM spec with maces. I plan on doing enough AV this weekend for the s1 mace. But for now the only mace above level 50 on my realms ah is the Oath Keeper.... Warrior wtf pwning with healing mace for now ;(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
firex said:
also, it'd make tremor totem way more useful, and blizzard doesn't want that.
There is not enough :lol icons to compensate for what I want to post right here.

Poor Shaman.

Hero

DarkAngelYuna said:
So, I dinged 70 and respeced my warrior to the popular pvp MS\TM spec with maces. I plan on doing enough AV this weekend for the s1 mace. But for now the only mace above level 50 on my realms ah is the Oath Keeper.... Warrior wtf pwning with healing mace for now ;(

Get Crystalforged Waraxe

yacobod said:
UMMMM have you no shame sir

oathkeeper lol
Lol ya I know, I have to keep explaining it to people on my realm every 15 minutes. :lol Not my fault its the only Mace on the ah. Anything cept mace spec fails in pvp so its still good atleast and I get tons of mace spec stuns still :) I wtf own people in eots and wsg...they must feel bad dying to me.

yacobod

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Anything cept mace spec fails in pvp so its still good atleast

tbh any wpn spec will be effective if the player is good

i mean i hit 3k+ mortal strikes on cloth in battlegrounds pretty routinely, 0 resilience target clothies ftw

overall i think mace is best for arena, sword is pretty viable in arena if you play exclusively with a shaman for big WF + SS crits, i'm going to buy the s3 sword next as i already have the s3mace for a change of pace, i've been mace spec for probably the past 8 months

i'd still say

mace>>>sword>>>>>>axe for pvp

now say the highest dmg item available in game was a 2h axe, every top warrior in game with access to it would be using that, don't kid yourselves, dmg is still >>>> everything, the spec is just icing on the cake

yacobod

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Besides, a 2h 3.6 speed mace has its stun procs a lot. This is much more helpful than extra damage to get some CC which a warrior doesn't really have any other way of getting, its also great to stop alliance trash from chasing your banana rider.

no way, that had not occurred to me

my point was

using a shit wpn for the sake of the wpn spec is kinda pointless if better are available to you, if you are going to be upgrading in a few days than more power to you, save them monies on respecs

honestly might be better off buying arena points, personal rating, and getting the Season 3 mace asap, and using your honor points to get your vindicators armor, neck, rings, 2min pvp trinket, and battlemaster's trinket

all that s1 shit will be replaced anyways

ManaByte

Gold Member
http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/03/12/the-life-and-death-of-stefen-colbear/

He's a man of myth, legend, and internet memes -- a Paladin crusader for Truthiness, justice, and the Alliance way. His name is Stefen Colbear, and he's putting the Horde on notice. That's how it would have been anyway, but sadly, this hero never came to be. Upper Deck hired artist Todd Lockwood to produce the above image for a special WoW TCG card inspired by The Colbert Report's Stephen Colbert -- a known video-gaming and role-playing enthusiast. Lockwood's finished product depicts a microphone-sword wielding Human Paladin named Stefen Colbear, who exudes the very essence of Truthiness.

Unfortunately, Colbert's agent nipped the idea in the bud. According to Lockwood, he didn't even show the artwork to his client. Blizzard and Upper Deck presumably had hoped Colbert would feature the card on his show, giving them mega-publicity. An unknown individual leaked the image onto the net a few weeks ago, and WoW and Colbert fans excitedly spread it around in both card and wallpaper forms.

Even though Colbear never saw the light of day, his legend nevertheless strikes fear in the hearts of those who would threaten the Colbear Nation. So watch out Kael'Thas, watch out Archimonde! But most of all: watch out, bears.

xpbmkn.jpg

yacobod said:
no way, that had not occurred to me

my point was

using a shit wpn for the sake of the wpn spec is kinda pointless if better are available to you, if you are going to be upgrading in a few days than more power to you, save them monies on respecs

honestly might be better off buying arena points, personal rating, and getting the Season 3 mace asap, and using your honor points to get your vindicators armor, neck, rings, 2min pvp trinket, and battlemaster's trinket

all that s1 shit will be replaced anyways
I don't have enough gold to buy points right now ;( I've never bought points for my other toons but right now I only have about 700g spread out. I've wasted too much gold on enchants and gems for them all... a stupid 19 twink which was much more fun leveling than it is playing wsg... and random fun stuff on the ah the orb of deception ^_^
I didn't mean to sound like an ass above about your advice. I just don't want to respec knowing I'll be respeccing again in less than a week. 700g doesn't go far on my realm at all almost ;(

April 24th, 2008 10:24am PDT

That's when my subscription will expire for the first time since the day the game came out. I don't really plan on being back til the week or so before WotLK hits the streets.

border said:
It was a pretty fun night for my guild. We raided Ironforge, Darnassus, Exodar, and Stormwind. We killed every faction leader except the bishop dude in SW. They were only worth about 50 honor each, but it was cool since I'd never done anything like that in my 3 years of playing. They really oughtta make daily quests to go kill leaders :lol

Surprisingly none of the faction bosses were that hard, except Bronzebeard.....and that's only because we probably spent 15 minutes regrouping in Deepraum Tram and gave the allies enough time to put together a good defense. When we got to Bronzebeard we wiped because they were so many allies and spawned guards that everyone lagged out. We waited around for the allies to disperse, rezed simultaneously, and murdered him. Then we stayed for a bit to kill anyone foolish enough to enter the room, and finally ported out to Org. :D

Not a lot of bitter tears, but this was nice to hear:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5103826496&sid=1

My friends were in middle of Onyxia attunement when the raid happened. They've been waiting for Bolvar to respawn for about an hour now. GG.

I was there on the Ally side

wut.jpg

It was fun, I wish more guilds would do stuff like that. And fuck the ppl that sit there with pvp unflagged and watch.

Went to Kara when I saw a PUG group needed more...........tried to do Moroes, almost had it one time.....other times people didnt do their shit

So my first raid ever was a fun failure, the music was good in there

The people that sound 12 years old on Vent..not so much

John_B

etiolate said:
If fear only made a character spin in a circle or just shake in place, not only would it cause less bugs but it would be a reliable dungeon CC for warlocks. It is the running around uncontrollably that causes all the problems. Why isn't a simple solution like this in place already?
You should try getting feared while sprinting then. I was lately jumped by a priest while on my hunter. That dude feared me and the pet in opposite directions, when I gained control over my character again I had to recall the pet. You have to be pretty far away from your pet from it to be dismissed.

Man do any of you fellow warriors have experience with sweeping strikes? I've been using it in pve to grind Ogres in Nagrand and I've noticed that 90% of the time it none of my attacks will hit the 2nd target AT ALL. I've tried moving around keeping both mobs right on top of each other and me.. charing into a group and letting them have a little space between each other but both still within my melee range and nothing seems to work. It's like a miracle when the fucking skill actually hits two targets.

unifin said:
So who do I have to kill to get a goddamn Syphon of the Naztherim to drop?

Our Enhancement Shammy has 2 of them in 2 weeks of BT, for one. Or, we can trade Conquerer tokens for them.

Went to Kara when I saw a PUG group needed more...........tried to do Moroes, almost had it one time.....other times people didnt do their shit

So my first raid ever was a fun failure, the music was good in there

The people that sound 12 years old on Vent..not so much

I avoid doing these trade channel type stuff; you're usually getting the lowest of the low, not the eager but undergeared types like yourself. It's a bunch of sheeple staring slack-jawed as the "so damn easy" bosses they read about on the sites just thrashed their asses with the quickness.

A better bet would be doing Heroics and making a good impression on guys in functional guilds who are on alts so when they do a real raid and pug spots, your asking to join is met with "he's good; CCed like a pro in heroic X last week with my alt". Even if you don't get an invite to the guild, you get loot and see it done RIGHT.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol

Serious business!!

I am so fucking glad the people I ran instances and raids with were never tight arseholes.

border

Flesh Into Gear said:
I was there on the Ally side

wut.jpg

It was fun, I wish more guilds would do stuff like that. And fuck the ppl that sit there with pvp unflagged and watch.

Cool -- I didn't think anyone else here was on Daggerspine. :D If you want more stuff like this, then my guild will probably oblige. They get done with Illidan by Friday, and are usually looking for stuff to do after that.....so interesting PVP activity has become the order of the day. Keep on eye on Southshore in the near future ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom