• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Wow, that sounds exactly like our attempts last night.

Our second major/full night of tries on Illidan, and when it seemed most hopeless that we'd never clear p2 due to the FR tanks, we made it to p3 and now can almost always get there with consistency. In our last hour of raiding, we hit p5! Definitely exciting, but we wiped at 17% when our SR tank went down. We have him this Sunday!

VaLiancY

Scrow said:
you'd be surprised. i got to 60 on WoW vanilla before i started discovering various UI mods and addons.

I can do you one better. I've been playing WoW since late 06' and it wasn't til months ago I found out I could use Steady Shot and Auto Shot together.

Spruchy

Magnus said:
Wow, that sounds exactly like our attempts last night.

Our second major/full night of tries on Illidan, and when it seemed most hopeless that we'd never clear p2 due to the FR tanks, we made it to p3 and now can almost always get there with consistency. In our last hour of raiding, we hit p5! Definitely exciting, but we wiped at 17% when our SR tank went down. We have him this Sunday!

Oh yeah our warlock SR tank got eyed by a demon............impossible to deal with if hunter doesnt trap (still is even if it is trapped) T.T

mikeGFG

Banned
As an FR tank, I can assure you that the Flames of Azzinoth is the hardest thing I've tanked in the Burning Crusade. The learning curve is huge for your offtanks. Soon it will click for them, and that will be the smoothest phase of the fight.

As for the shadow demons, have one or two mages spec into Improved Blizzard and Permafrost and spam Illidan to snare all those fuckers as they spawn imo.

Alex

I want to pick a new server, but it's really hard for me to do so. I was thinking about going to Cairne because it was the newest and super populated, but I'd have to reroll.

I plan on ditching one of my accounts, and all of the characters on it, and half of the characters on this account, leaving me with a Resto Shaman and a Mage alt, which is all I want.

I had leveled up way too many characters with a friend who left me his account and now I'm always stumped on what the fuck to do because I have every fucking class in the game above 60.

My Mage is a Human, and I kind of want a Draenei Mage, but that's a lot of work for a new server and some vanity! I don't feel like I can really do anything on my current server though...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've rerolled an Undead Priest on Cairne actually :lol

Girlfriend's sister might be joining me, thinks she might go Mage again.

VaLiancY

I might reroll and go Burning Legion from Akama. As of now, we only have 3 or 4 guilds in BT. Only half of that number have killed Illidan. I might just stay Orc, I love my racials for being a Hunter even though the Troll's mohawk is mighty tempting.

I was never big on casters but I always wanted to roll a Mage for only one talent, Ice Lance. It just looks so fun tossing an ice football.

CassSept

Illidan is easy, my guild killed him last week on second day of tries (goddamn my internet which had to disconnect in the middle of the raid). I still think Reliquary of Souls is the hardest boss of BT.
We went to check sunwell next day. Well, that was quite interesting:lol
Kalecgos is a very great encounter, one of best fights in the whole expansion. Thing with portals and going between normal and inside-the-dragon realms is a great idea. Although, only problem is, Kalecgos really does need GOOD geared healers, so probably few weeks of farming BT (give me my glaive this week) in front of us... ~74% of Kalecgos, when three groups are in demon realm is critical and we can't pass it... yet :D

Eric WK

When I began leveling my new character I started on Cairne, as well. And then I realized how much I wanted the gold from my Alliance characters and rolled it on Exodar.

Once transfers open up on Cairne, I might move her over if it's still strong.

speedpop

I just hope Cairne doesn't suffer the same fate Blackwing Lair suffered. 6 months into the server's life and everything was rosy. 3 months later everyone seemed to drop or transfer off. Was a very weird situation.

Eric WK

speedpop said:
I just hope Cairne doesn't suffer the same fate Blackwing Lair suffered. 6 months into the server's life and everything was rosy. 3 months later everyone seemed to drop or transfer off. Was a very weird situation.

Heh. My first 60 was on BWL.

speedpop

:lol Same.

So many fond memories of the first 6 months of the server's life. So many changes at the same time.

Having the carpet ripped out from the server below its feet with cross-realm BGs was one big problem, yet seemed to fix that ever problematic issue of queue times.

But it seemed liked the first 3 months into Burning Crusade seemed to rip the soul apart from the server and I am saddened to see it happen like that.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I've been on Shadowsong server since day one lol.

Was never really tempted to switch at all.

I have started characters on other servers to talk to friends, but don't think I have anyone above level 10 outside of Shadowsong.

I love my community ;P

VaLiancY

Also the economy on Akama is fucking horrible. Heart of Darkness run for about 2000+ gold, 1800g if its a good week for raiding for the BT and Hyjal guilds. Plus a lack of warriors on our server, thank the lord for Druids to help tank Heroics.

CassSept

SK-Gaming got world first on Kil'jaeden
4b8dc802bfa8d4f4_large.jpg

Nihilum, lol

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
you know.... i don't think metamorphosis is going to be as good as everyone thinks. if you're fighting against another warlock you're just going to get banished for 21 seconds (12+6+3 before diminishing returns) until you become immune.

traveler

Not Wario
Grats to SK. Nihilum's tradition is finally broken. I'm sure they'll still do well, though, and, tbh, it's nice to see some real competition. Hopefully, the raid races in WotLK will be a lot more exciting because of it.

traveler said:
Grats to SK. Nihilum's tradition is finally broken. I'm sure they'll still do well, though, and, tbh, it's nice to see some real competition. Hopefully, the raid races in WotLK will be a lot more exciting because of it.

I remember the competition and races through AQ40 and Naxx were awesome to watch. I remember watching DnT's Sapphiron teaser and Kel'Thuzad teasers. Were quite awesome.

I'm a lvl 33 Night Elf Hunter - when I shadowmeld and turn invisible, how do some Horde guys see me? I thought I was stealthing! Is there a stealth rating or something?

Appreciate it, as always. :D

Chris R

The Lamonster said:
I'm a lvl 33 Night Elf Hunter - when I shadowmeld and turn invisible, how do some Horde guys see me? I thought I was stealthing! Is there a stealth rating or something?

You can't move once you activate it. Also, anyone with decent stealth detection or people who are tons of levels above you can see you almost a mile away :p

As for people your own level, if they saw where you were before you used the skill then they know exactly where you are.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
The Lamonster said:

you've got a pet that can stealth too right?

firex

yeah, stealth is basically a gigantic level check. Shadowmeld is like stealth at a lower level than your character level (while it's a bonus to your stealth skill if you're a class that can already stealth like a druid or rogue) but since you're a hunter, you're basically stealthed at a low level. Anyone 35+ should be able to spot you unless you also have a good hiding spot.

speedpop

Since you have a raptor, it won't matter if you shadowmeld if your pet is out.

Shadowmeld on a Hunter has it's advantages in terms of springing a surprise, but most often than not you want to be continually on the run.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
The Lamonster said:
I've got a raptor that I'm pretty happy with. Anyway, thanks for the explanations.

Anybody on Stormscale wanna be friends?
yeah... basically they're seeing a random raptor just standing around and know for certain a hunter is standing right next to it shadowmelded.

if you get a cat you'll be able to teach them prowl and then they can also stealth while you're shadowmelded

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Can anyone suggest a server?
I'm not looking to raid as I rarely have more then an hour to play at a time.

Spruchy

Amazing night of raiding 1 shot'd Illidian after nights of wipes and all of hyjal down in 1 shot too (even the retard check archimonde).

speedpop

Sometimes that can be a good thing :)

I've already found a guild for my Priest that reminds me of my old guild, so it should be fun leveling up to 70 with the crew.

I'm having trouble figuring out Auctions. Is there an online guide somewhere for dummies?

For example, why do I need a down payment for auctions?

Tamanon

Banned
Start with one of the tempest keep instances. Or Shadow Labs also since you're a tank. The other thing you can do is buy a couple blacksmithing items. Definitely make the Felsteel items!

border

Uggggh, don't send him to Shadow Labs. That place is a PUG nightmare, more often than not.

PhoenixDark said:
So I got to lv69 yesterday. I'm close to "endgame" instances now, and I happen to know little about them.

What are some good ways to "get ready" for endgame stuff, raids, etc. Any particular instances I should focus on now? I definitely need better gear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Goinio

You have probably done enough Durnholde/Black Morass to get the leggings from the Keepers of Time.....but they are a level 70 item.

Easy Gear guides (probably slightly outdated):
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3421023546&sid=1

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/gear...polar-s-easy-pre-karazhan-tank-gear-list.html

Start doing the Sunwell dailies when you hit level 70, as there is an excellent shield you can get from it at Exalted.

Chris R

As soon as you hit 70 start doing some pvp. PvP gives great gear. If you have a craft you might also be able to craft a few nice pieces of gear. On my mage I have crafted 5 things and got the rest so far from PvP/Arena

border said:
Uggggh, don't send him to Shadow Labs. That place is a PUG nightmare, more often than not.

You have probably done enough Durnholde/Black Morass to get the leggings from the Keepers of Time.....but they are a level 70 item.

Easy Gear guides (probably slightly outdated):
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3421023546&sid=1

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/gear...polar-s-easy-pre-karazhan-tank-gear-list.html

Start doing the Sunwell dailies when you hit level 70, as there is an excellent shield you can get from it at Exalted.

Thanks for the info/links

That felsteel stuff is not only awesome but will make me a shit ton of money. I have enough eternium and fel iron to make the entire set; just need to level my BSing a bit

I've done Durn four times and Black Morass once (hella easy btw)

JoeMartin

PhoenixDark said:
Thanks for the info/links

That felsteel stuff is not only awesome but will make me a shit ton of money. I have enough eternium and fel iron to make the entire set; just need to level my BSing a bit

I've done Durn four times and Black Morass once (hella easy btw)

Yeah BM is pretty cake since it's not strictly a 70 instance but 70's still want to run it since it drops pretty decent pre-raid loot. Still easy to fuck it up with a shitty group though. Heroic BM is masochism if you aren't already in decent raid gear, however.

So I've got a friend that wants back in, but is going horde this time. I have two 70's on the server alliance side with heaps of money. Am I going to get dinged as a gold seller if I have him put up like a linen cloth for 100g on the neutral auction house so we have some cash to spend?

VaLiancY

JoeMartin said:
Yeah BM is pretty cake since it's not strictly a 70 instance but 70's still want to run it since it drops pretty decent pre-raid loot. Still easy to fuck it up with a shitty group though. Heroic BM is masochism if you aren't already in decent raid gear, however.

The truth he speaks

Sybari

Neo Member
So.. does anyone else feel like Death Knight is "elbowing out" us paladins or what? :<

I mean, all paladins I know have said that they are planning on switching straight to Death Knight because it was "more what I wanted in the first place". And these recent leaks about WOTLK give the impression that paladin was always an afterthought (demon form?! where are my new funky spells!). Yes, I am an avid fan of the light. \o/

Tamanon

Banned
Sybari said:
So.. does anyone else feel like Death Knight is "elbowing out" us paladins or what? :<

I mean, all paladins I know have said that they are planning on switching straight to Death Knight because it was "more what I wanted in the first place". And these recent leaks about WOTLK give the impression that paladin was always an afterthought (demon form?! where are my new funky spells!). Yes, I am an avid fan of the light. \o/

Paladins aren't an afterthought, they're one of the classes that doesn't have talents/skills yet. I think Hunters and Shaman also don't have them yet. They're basically like Paladins who can't heal and do more damage, just a slight shift of the hybrid balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom