• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Here's a larger list of misc shit

51970 On a Pale Horse Rank 2 You become as hard to stop as death itself. The duration of all Stun and Fear effects used against you is reduced by $s2%, and your mounted speed is increased by $s1%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
51960 Summon Frostwyrm Summons and dismisses a rideable frostwyrm mount. This is a very fast mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland and Northrend.
51958 Teleport: Goldshire Teleports the caster to Goldshire. Can only be used while in Elwynn Forest.
51945 Earthliving Rank 1 Heals the target for $o1 over $d.
51911 Spell Deflection You have a chance equal to your Parry chance of taking less damage from a direct damage spell.
51885 Mental Dexterity Rank 3 Increases your Attack Power by $s1% of your Intellect.
51881 Elemental Shields Rank 3 Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by $s1%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Mana Shield orbs by $s2% and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by $s2%.
51877 Coldwind Blast A cold gust of wind inflicts $s1 Nature damage.
51878 Ice Slash Inflicts weapon damage plus $s1 Frost damage and reduces enemy movement speed by $s2% for $d.
51879 Corrode Flesh Corrodes the enemy flesh, then inflicts additional Nature damage every $t1 sec. for $d.
51880 Improved Fire Nova Totem Stuns the target for $d.
51873 Bloodworm Creates a Bloodworm to attack nearby targets. Caster receives health when the Bloodworm deals damage. Lasts $d.
51874 Explode Explode self, destroying the ghoul and causing $s1 shadow damage to all nearby enemies.
51875 Maul Adds $s1 damage to the next attack.
51876 Stormstrike Instantly attack with both weapons. In addition, the next 2 sources of Nature damage dealt to the target are increased by $s1%. Lasts $d.
51857 Frost Cleave Inflicts weapon damage plus $s1 to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to $x1 targets.
51851 Summon Vampiric Batling Right Click to summon and dismiss your vampiric batling.
51817 Typhoon You summon a violent Typhoon that does $s2 Nature damage when in contact with hostile targets, knocking them back 5 yards.
51819 Potent Jolt Increases the caster's attack speed by $s2% and the Physical damage it deals by $s1% for $d.
51776 Lightning Shield Surrounds the caster with $n balls of lightning that have $h% chance of striking melee or ranged attackers for $s1 damage. Each time the lightning shield strikes, a ball of lightning dissipates. Thus, the shield expires after $d. or after it has struck $n times.
51769 Emblazon Runeblade Forges the battle-worn sword into a runebladed sword. Must be used near a runeforge.
51763 Frost Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Frost spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51764 Shadow Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Shadow spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51766 Arcane Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Arcane spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51758 Fire Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Fire spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51755 Camouflage You Camouflage, causing you to blend in with your surroundings. Instantly removes all physical and spell debuffs, and you fade into an improved invisibility state. Camouflage will break after the you deal damage. Lasts $d.
51745 Vicious Strikes Rank 1 Increases the critical strike chance by $s2% and critical strike damage by $s1% of your Plague Strike, Death Strike and Degeneration.
51746 Vicious Strikes Rank 2 Increases the critical strike chance by $s2% and critical strike damage by $s1% of your Plague Strike, Death Strike and Degeneration.
51747 Vicious Strikes Rank 3 Increases the critical strike chance by $s2% and critical strike damage by $s1% of your Plague Strike, Death Strike and Degeneration.
51742 Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes ${$RAP*0.15+$m2} Arcane damage and dispels $s1 Magic effect.
51734 Ebon Plague Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases vulnerability to magic by $s1% in addition to reducing attributes by $s2%. Ebon Plague lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51735 Ebon Plague Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases vulnerability to magic by $s1% in addition to reducing attributes by $s2%. Ebon Plague lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51730 Earthliving Weapon Rank 1 Imbue the Shaman's weapon with earthen life. Increases healing done by $51940$s2 and each heal has a 20% chance to proc Earthliving on the target, healing an additional $51940s1 over $51940d. Lasts 30 minutes.
51726 Ebon Plague Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases vulnerability to magic by $s1% in addition to reducing attributes by $s2%. Ebon Plague lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51722 Dismantle Disarm the enemy, removing all weapons, shield or other equipment carried for $d.
51723 Fan of Knives Instantly throw both weapons at all targets within $a1 yards, causing $s1% weapon damage.
51724 Sap Rank 4 Incapacitates the target for up to $d. Must be stealthed. Only works on Humanoids, Beasts, Demons and Dragonkin that are not in combat. Any damage caused will revive the target. Only 1 target may be sapped at a time.
51716 Summon Nether Ray Fry Right Click to summon and dismiss your nether ray fry.
51703 Wrongfully Accused Rank 1 Whenever an attack is made against you, if the target is not your current target or has not already been attacking you they cause $51705s1% less damage for $51705d.
51705 Wrongfully Accused Rank 1
51706 Wrongfully Accused Rank 2 Whenever an attack is made against you, if the target is not your current target or has not already been attacking you they cause $51707s1% less damage for $51707d.
51707 Wrongfully Accused Rank 2
51708 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 1 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51709 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 2 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51710 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 3 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51711 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 4 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51712 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 5 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51713 Shadow Dance Instantly enter stealth and begin the Shadow Dance. For $d you will reenter stealth every $t2 secs.
51714 Frozen Rune Weapon Imbue your rune weapon with frost, causing additional Frost damage, based on the speed of the weapon. Also has a chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Frost damage. Lasts 10 minutes.
51698 Honor Among Thieves Rank 1 When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability you have a $h% chance to gain a combo point on your current target.
51699 Honor Among Thieves
51700 Honor Among Thieves Rank 2 When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability you have a $h% chance to gain a combo point on your current target.
51701 Honor Among Thieves Rank 3 When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability you have a $h% chance to gain a combo point on your current target.
51696 Waylay Rank 2 Your Ambush critical hits have a $h% chance to reduce the target's melee and ranged attack speed by $51693s1%, movement speed by $51693s2% and prevent item use for $51693d.
51689 Prey on the Weak Rank 5 Your normal melee critical strike damage is increased by $s1% when the target has less health than you (as a percentage of total health).
51690 Murder Spree Step through the shadows from enemy to enemy within 10 yards, attacking an enemy every .5 secs with both weapons until 5 assaults are made. Can hit the same target multiple times.
51692 Waylay Rank 1 Your Ambush critical hits have a $h% chance to reduce the target's melee and ranged attack speed by $51693s1%, movement speed by $51693s2% and prevent item use for $51693d.
51684 Stay of Execution Rank 3 When you have less than 35% health, all damage taken is reduced by $s1% and you are treated as if you are at full health.
51678 Ram Rams any enemies in front of the siege engine, dealing $s1 Damage and knocking them back. Also deals $s3 siege damage to buildings.
51679 Throwing Specialization Rank 2 Increases the range of Throw and Deadly Throw by $s1 yards and gives your Deadly Throw a $h% chance to interrupt the target for $51680d.
51676 Wavering Will Increases the time between an enemy's attacks speed by $s1%, slows its casting speed by $s3%, and slows its movement by $s2%. Lasts $d.
51669 Cut to the Chase Rank 5 Your Eviscerate and Envenom critical strikes have a $h% chance to refresh your Slice and Dice duration to its 5 combo point maximum.
51663 Slap to the Face Delivers a face slap to all nearby players, stunning them. Targets affected by this ability can still communicate through the forums. Lasts until the next patch is released.
51640 Taunt Flag Targeting Place a flag on a enemy corpse in front of you.
51634 Focused Attacks Rank 1 Your melee critical strikes have a $h% chance to give you $s1 energy.
51633 Blood Spatter Rank 2 Increases the damage caused by your Garrote and Rupture abilities by $s1%.
51631 Devious Poisons Rank 2 Increases the damage caused by your Instant Poison and Deadly Poison by $s2%. In addition, when a target you've poisoned is healed or cured, there is a $h% chance the poison afflicts the healer.
51629 Turn the Tables Rank 3 You have a $h% chance of reflecting physical effects back on the attacker.
51625 Deadly Brew Rank 1 "When you apply Instant, Wounding or Mind-Numbing poison to a target, you have a $h% chance to apply a second poison:

Instant -> Deadly
Wounding -> Crippling
Mind-Numbing -> Crippling"
51622 Raging Shadows The unleashed shadows Inflict $s1 Shadow damage knocking back all nearby enemies.
51620 Lightning Shield Surrounds the caster with $n balls of lightning that have $h% chance of striking melee or ranged attackers for $s1 damage. Each time the lightning shield strikes, a ball of lightning dissipates. Thus, the shield expires after $d. or after it has struck $n times.
51621 Headless Horseman's Unruly Mount Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount.
51617 Headless Horseman's Flying Mount Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount.
51609 Arcane Lightning Strikes an enemy with a lightning bolt that arcs to another nearby enemy. The spell affects up to $x1 targets, inflicting greater Arcane damage to each successive target. Silences an enemy, preventing them from casting spells for $d.
51610 Counterspell Counters an enemy's spell, preventing the enemy from casting that spell again for $d. Generates a high amount of threat.
51586 Healing Wave Calls upon Nature magic to heal an ally.
51587 Lightning Bolt Blasts an enemy with lightning, inflicting Nature damage.
51588 Flame Shock Instantly burns an enemy, then inflicts additional Fire damage every $t2 sec. for $d.
51584 Ice Torrent You become envelopped in frost, inflicting $s1 Frost damage and increases your chance to be critically hit by $s2% for $d sec.
51578 Crypt Fever Rank 5 Your diseases also cause Crypt Fever, which reduces an enemy's attributes by $s1%. Crypt Fever lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51567 Spirit Link Rank 1 You link the friendly target with two nearby targets, causing 50% of the damage taken to be distributed to the linked targets. After 2200 damage, the link will sever.
51564 Tidal Waves Rank 3 Increases the critical effect chance of your Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave spells by $s1%, and your Healing Wave and Lesser Healing Wave spells gain an additional $s2% of your bonus healing effects.
51558 Ancestral Awakening Rank 3 When you critically heal with your Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave, you summon an Ancestral spirit to aid you, instantly healing the lowest health friendly target within 40 yards for $s1% of the amount healed.
51560 Improved Earth Shield Rank 1 Increases the amount of charges for your Earth Shield by $s1, and increasing the healing done by your Earth Shield by $s2%.
51555 Blessing of the Eternals Rank 2 Increases the critical effect chance of your spells by $s1%, and increases the bonus healing from your Earthliving weapon by $s2%.
51533 Feral Spirit Summons $s1 Spirit Wolves under the command of the Shaman, lasting $d.
51532 Weapon Specialization Rank 5 "Axe - Increases the critical strike damage bonus by $s1%.

Mace - Has a $s2% chance to increase your melee haste by 10% for 15 sec.

Fist - Attacks from your fist weapons have a $s3% chance to reduce the armor of your target by 20% for 6 sec."
51527 Static Shock Rank 3 You have a $s1% chance to hit your target with a Lightning Shield Orb charge when you do damage, and increases your spell damage by $s2% when you have Lightning Shield active.
51528 Weapon Specialization Rank 1 "Axe - Increases the critical strike damage bonus by $s1%.

Mace - Has a $s2% chance to increase your melee haste by 10% for 15 sec.

Fist - Attacks from your fist weapons have a $s3% chance to reduce the armor of your target by 20% for 6 sec."
51522 Improved Stormstrike Rank 2 Increases the amount of Stormstrike charges by $s2, and reduces the cooldown by $s1 sec.
51523 Improved Shamanistic Rage Rank 1 While under the effect of Shamanistic Rage, you have a $s1% chance also cause you to be immune to all stun, snare and movement impairing effects.
51496 Burning Gleam Reduces an enemy's stats by $s2% for $d.
51498 Burn A Blaze Burns benetih you which inflicts $s1 Fire damage every 2 sec for $d sec.
51499 Disgruntled Anger Increases the target's attack speed by $s2% and the Physical damage it deals by $s1 for $d.
51500 Burning Blaze Inflicts $s1 Fire damage and summons and Burning Blaze beneith the targets feet.
51490 Thunder Rank 1 You call down a bolt of lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within $a1 yards. Restores $s2% mana to you and deals $s1 Nature damage to all nearby enemies, knocking them back $s3 yards.
51488 Storm, Earth and Fire Rank 5 Your Frost Shock has a $s1% chance to root the target in frozen ice for 2 sec., your Earth Shock's range is increased by $s2 yards and the periodic damage done by your Flame Shock is increased by $s3%.
51489 Skin of Earth Thorns sprout from the friendly target causing $s1 Nature damage to attackers when hit. Lasts $d.
51484 Iron Might Increases the caster's damage it deals by $s1% for $d.
51482 Lava Flow Rank 3 Increases the amount of spell damage gained while having Flametongue Weapon equipped by $s1%, and increases the damage done by your Flame Shock and Lava Burst by $s2%.
51478 Astral Shift Rank 2 When you are critically hit twice in a row, you have a $s1% chance to shift into the Astra Plane, causing you to be immune to all physical damage for 3 sec. This effect has a 30 second cooldown.
51475 Summon Air Elemental Summons an Air Elemental to accompany the caster until dismissed.
51473 Annihilation Rank 3 Increases the critical strike chance of your melee special abilities by $s2%. In addition, there is a $s1% chance that your Obliterate will do its damage without consuming a disease.
51470 Elemental Oath Rank 2 Increases your chance to hit with all spells by $s1% while Elemental Mastery or Elemental Focus is active.
51468 Annihilation Rank 1 Increases the critical strike chance of your melee special abilities by $s2%. In addition, there is a $s1% chance that your Obliterate will do its damage without consuming a disease.
51465 Necrosis Rank 5 Your normal melee swings have a $h% chance to deal an additional $51460s1% Shadow damage.
51453 Create PvP Taunt
51419 Frost Strike Rank 5 A strong attack that deals weapon damage plus $s1 as Frost damage. Has a $s3% chance to freeze the target.
51424 Obliterate Rank 3 A brutal instant attack that deals $s2% of weapon damage plus ${$m1*$m2/100} and ${$m2*$m3/100} additional damage for each of your diseases on the target, but consumes the diseases.
51340 Curse of Impotence Reduces damage done by $s1% for $d.
51320 Riding Crop (Test Version) Permanently enchant a mount to increase its mounted speed by $s1%. You may only enchant mounts in your own inventory, and enchanting your mount will cause it to become soulbound. Single use.
51291 Soulthirst Instantly attack the target causing $s1% of normal weapon damage. In addition, the next $51291n successful melee attacks will deal $51292s1 damage This effect lasts $51291d.

A Swift Zhevra TO: $n$B$BFROM: Nesingwary Exotic Mount Supply Co. LLC$B$BCONTENTS OF CRATE:$B$B- One (1) Zhevra$B$B- One (1) Zhevra Saddle$B$B- Four (4) Zhevra Hooves$B$B- Two (2) Spare Zhevra Hooves$B$B- DO NOT OBSTRUCT AIR HOLES -

Hero

51621 Headless Horseman's Unruly Mount Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount.
51617 Headless Horseman's Flying Mount Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount.

Does this mean WOTLK before Halloween?

border

firex said:
hunter is what I'd suggest since you just want something that is fast and you might do BGs and that's about it. not only are they easy to gear up from BGs, you actually get good shit getting your welfare epics.

although it's the same for elemental/enhance shamans. their gladiator sets are actually pretty well itemized for them.
I'm not even sure if I'll get to 70 with whatever character I make, whether it's Hunter or Shaman. So the welfare stuff from Battlegrounds isn't terribly important to me.

Which one is more fun to PVP with in the mid-game, say 30-60?

firex

border said:
I'm not even sure if I'll get to 70 with whatever character I make, whether it's Hunter or Shaman. So the welfare stuff from Battlegrounds isn't terribly important to me.

Which one is more fun to PVP with in the mid-game, say 30-60?
well, I would say hunter is more fun to pvp with regardless of level.

Alex

Blizz is apparently allowing PvE to PvP transfers on an Oceanic transfer, Alliance only, to fix an imbalance. I personally dont care, but maybe reading some of the assured meltdown will blow some idle moments at work tommorow.

edit; holy fuck, I see why they're doing it though:

Horde 16,111 (95%)
Alliance 874 (5%)

If I worked at blizzard, I would put fucking tumbleweeds into Alliance towns on that server for the hell of it

Tamanon

Banned
Alex said:
Blizz is apparently allowing PvE to PvP transfers on an Oceanic transfer, Alliance only, to fix an imbalance. I personally dont care, but maybe reading some of the assured meltdown will blow some idle moments at work tommorow.

Horde 16,111 (95%)
Alliance 874 (5%)

If I worked at blizzard, I would put fucking tumbleweeds into Alliance towns on that server for the hell of it

Good lord, did they have a massive group of the alliance decide to migrate or something? That's gotta be a hellish auction house though.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Just about every class is getting excited from WOTLK talents/skills leaked out....

Except mages....lol.

I have two level 70 mages and a 70 rogue, and I play my rogue more these days.

I see less and less mages wanted for anything, and if the WOTLK status stays the same, it will only get worse.

The problem is Mages used to be ridiculous and they hit them WAY WAY too hard with a double sided nerf bat. One side nerfed the mages, while the other buffed every other class against them.

ah well.

Thankfully Rogues sound like they will be better.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh Mages are still the most wanted dps class in heroics. I know my mage never has any trouble getting in a group....now my enhancement shaman.....not so much.

Chris R

Alex said:
I'd put a gun in my mouth if I was an Horde Mage, at this point.
ya, pretty much... Cloak of Shadow, Cheat Death, ect. I know rogues are the anti caster, but it would be nice to actually kill one every now and again. I've got one of every class but hunter and pally leveling up though for WOTLK... since I doubt my mage will get any love at all.

edit: My mage does decent dps in Heroics and raids, but still not as much as a good rogue/warlock/hunter... which is kinda silly I think... I dont even bother with pvp anymore since I dont even stand a chance. First targeted since people know I die almost instantly.

firex

when I was resto, healing a good mage was honestly better than a rogue in most pug BGs since they would actually watch my back and could kill all the warriors. not that I think mages are fine, because their niche is pretty small (anti-warrior/paladin/enhance shaman) but they at least have a good base of skills to build on. it's just a matter of blizzard actually fleshing it out more in pvp/making casters more viable in pvp. I mean even locks aren't as good as they used to be (still great, just not "top of everything" great) much less mages.

I'm not sure how the WotLK changes are supposed to make mages better against locks either. Nothing I've seen yet looks like a good counter for locks from mages, and I could've sworn that was one of the balance changes blizzard said they were going to do for mages in pvp in WotLK.

lol @ the rogue stuff revealed so far though. Their biggest change is... another cooldown skill. And another essentially anti-anyone but warriors cooldown, too. It's like blizzard can't come up with good regular skills and balance them on rogues, so their whole design philosophy with them is "fuck it, give them a skill that's OP for 5-20 seconds and then give it a decent enough cooldown."

Gotta say I am loving the enhance/resto shaman changes though. Finally a dispel that kicks ass, some stronger healing abilities, a weapon buff purely for +healing, early enhance talents to take that will make water/earth shield powerful, and a buff to single target healing/LHW (especially good for boosting pvp viability). Now I just need to find out that they get a HoT of some sort.

enhance gets that awesome weapon specialization buff which further makes it apparent what weapons will be designed for them, finally some stun/snare/root immunity with shamanistic rage, plus feral spirit. That will be awesome, especially if the wolves are strong enough to make it so they'll tear apart anyone in leather or worse armor if you try to focus fire the shaman.

Elemental has stuff that sounds awesome, but I am still disappointed at no basic anti-pushback talent for them. wtf blizzard, it's not like they're druids who can root. Eye of the storm is too unpredictable and this still means elemental is going to be pvp and group pve only.

Resto is fucking ridiculous. The throughput on chain heal is already insane, the new talents and weapon buff are just gaagaa.

"51755 Camouflage You Camouflage, causing you to blend in with your surroundings. Instantly removes all physical and spell debuffs, and you fade into an improved invisibility state. Camouflage will break after the you deal damage. Lasts $d."

smells like a huntard ability

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm satisfied with all 3 trees on Shaman.

Spirit Wolves have been a long time coming and it'll be interesting to see what effect they will cause for Enhancement, combined with the boosted anti-snare ability in Shamanistic Rage.

Elemental Shaman have been screaming for a spell like Thunder for too long, as well as the Storm, Earth, and Fire talent. And even though the talent Astral Shift is dependent on two critical hits in a row, it still helps being immune to physical attacks.. especially when that immunity lasts 3 seconds - enough time to try and pull off 2 more crits in a row.

I think Restoration is going to be an absolute tank though. Not only do they get a possible HoT-proc'd weapon buff with +healing on it, but something like this
Ancestral Awakening - Requires 40 Points - 3 points - When you critically heal with your healing wave or lesser healing wave, you summon an ancestral spirit to aid you, instantly healing the lowest target within 40yds for 20%/40%/60% of the amount healed.
is pretty intense too, let alone Spirit Link combined with Earth Shield. Mixed in with the ability for Resto's to now cure curses via talent! Woohoo~

I find this one interesting though:
51475 Summon Air Elemental Summons an Air Elemental to accompany the caster until dismissed.
Possible Mage/Druid/Shaman spell? I'm assuming it is Shaman since many of the abilities and totems they use has Air as the element... but when put in context, there's no totem alongside that description. If that's the case and this is a Shaman spell, does that mean Earth Elemental and Fire Elemental are now being de-totem'd as well?

Ancestral is one of the most impressively well thought out talents in the game. Simply increasing Shaman crit heals by 75% would be incredibly boring. Powerful, yet lame. This not only gives them a way of extending their strong multi-target healing, but puts it on an instant cast smart targetting, giving Shaman the one thing they fundamentally lack. It's interesting seeing how many ways they can play on the theme, making absolutely sure Shaman don't have an instant heal but have plenty of tools to deal with that. Earth Shield, Ancestral, and Spirit Bond all play into that extremely strongly.

I'm really interested in seeing what they will do for Pallies given the *no aoe* restriction they seem to have. A rather boring idea is to whack the pally gcd down to 1 second and make fol instant cast.

I don't understand SEF at all btw. Shaman have been wanting that? Really? Since when does ele cast any shocks at all?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It's more on the basis of rank 1 Frost/Earth Shocks as a means for simple crowd controlling mechanics. Given a chance to freeze a Warrior or Rogue in their tracks for a few seconds at the cost of 20-40 mana is nice (and slapping down Earthbind if the freeze procs), let alone providing further reach to silence a caster at practically the same cost of mana.

Just adds a bit of an improvement to the shocks for a Shaman that spams Lightning spells all day.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Alex said:

Horde 16,111 (95%)
Alliance 874 (5%)

you made my heart jump at the mention of PvE to PvP transfer :(

I've got a 62 tauren shaman and a 65 tauren druid that i badly want to get onto Jubei'Thos so i can play with my friends.

is it possible that blizzard will ever allow for paid PvE to PvP transfers?

firex

I still wish they would replace totems with mini elementals for shamans, at least after you get all 4 totems. Then the elemental totem spells could just be enraging one of your mini elementals so it'd grow huge and fight with you.

Twig

Banned
firex said:
I still wish they would replace totems with mini elementals for shamans, at least after you get all 4 totems. Then the elemental totem spells could just be enraging one of your mini elementals so it'd grow huge and fight with you.
If I could have four mini elementals following me around I would resubscribe to WoW and roll a shaman. O:<

Cipherr

Damn Hunter stuff is SERIOUSLY going to be the last stuff that leaks I see..... Well I suppose its a little ridiculous to get upset about it. Someone had to be last. And no matter which class it was, the players of it were gonna complain :D .

Alex

Granted, there's little to no chance I'd go back, but I'm incredibly curious to see what they do to Paladins. If they don't pull up some of the ol' floor boards, there is going to be issues.

CRUSADER AURA, RANK II!!!!!11 Fucking Crusader Aura is the only goddamn ability BC added worth using.

firex

seal of blood is pretty good for tanking/ret, so they actually got a decent upgrade.

edit: I would like to see Blizzard get rid of seal of command and do something else as the main retribution/dps seal for pallies. That's in addition to whatever they do to make ret more viable utility in groups/raids and better sustainable (and worse burst) dps.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Scrow said:
is it possible that blizzard will ever allow for paid PvE to PvP transfers?

Yes. About a month or so after three of the largest WoW guilds migrate to another game; they'll allow it. The only thing stopping it right now are those extremely vocal elitists.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ManaByte said:
Yes. About a month or so after three of the largest WoW guilds migrate to another game; they'll allow it.
sigh... that's not going to happen for a long time. i suppose warhammer might take some of WoW's audience, but at this point the only thing that's going to put a dint in WoW's player base is a Starcraft 2 or a SC MMO.

ManaByte said:
The only thing stopping it right now are those extremely vocal elitists.
jerks :(

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I never understood why people want PVE to PVP transfers.

I don't see Blizz ever allowing it, defeats the purpose of a PVP server. Leveling up in a pvp environment is the point.

Transfering a fully made character from PVE to PVP is the same as buying gold IMO.

Lazy.

And no...I am not one of those so called "elitists"

Alex

People change their minds, never had a chance to level up on a new PvP server, etc. That's the unfortunate thing with a game like WoW, with it's level and gear based progression is that it's a lot harder to go out and level on an existing realm that's been going. UO you could like nab a simple 4x GM in no time, buy a set of player crafted armor and go explore.

Alex

These MLG arena brackets are sweet mother of boring. It's fun to see the really skilled players make Hunters and Mages work, but I'd love to see some fuckin' Paladins and Shamans in there. =/

Warlocks sure seem to have fallen from favor, though.

firex

I looked at the redesigned DK talents and I like them a lot, especially the tanking/dps synergies like more parry chance based upon your AP, more AP based upon your armor from blood. And the new frost strike and aoe ice blast ability sound awesome.

JoeMartin

I know all the PVE elemental shamans are crying over Thunder since it's more or less useless for PVE, but I can see an endless amount of entertainment stemming from it's use in PVP.

Yeah, I'm defending lumbermill 24/7.

Xiaoki

Puncture said:
Damn Hunter stuff is SERIOUSLY going to be the last stuff that leaks I see..... Well I suppose its a little ridiculous to get upset about it. Someone had to be last. And no matter which class it was, the players of it were gonna complain :D .
Hunter wasn't even added to WoW until like 2 weeks before open beta.
Hunter was the last class updated for TBC.

So, if you are suprised that Hunters are the last to be updated for WotLK then you just don't know your WoW history.

Pally is probably taking a while because of Retribution(well, Holy and Prot also have a good deal of problems but atleast they function properly).

firex

thunder has a small pve element to it, with the mana regen aspect. I could see it being used during longish fights to regen some mana.

but I'm not surprised to see elemental get more pvp buffs. It's basically always been the pvp tree for shamans.

Alex

20 yards is still a pretty awesome kickback. Would love to see that shit in the middle of EOTS or on the AB Lumber Mill.

My most glory filled moment in WoW, is still, IMO, when a Mage was jumping off of LM and trying to slowfall to BS and I dispelled it, fucker fell like a ROCK. Laughed for a good minute straight.

I had a lolnoob moment tonight

I respecced combat maces and went to go test it out in Quel Danas.....first mob I attack I keep missing and see my skill level go up super fast from 100......oops, forgot that my mace skill was hella low lol

Question though, if I'm using Fool's Bane as my main-hand and don't have another mace right now, should I use a sword, slow dagger, or fast dagger in my off hand? I can't tell which is better right now and tried the emerald ripper and gladiators shiv

This is a moot point since I'll be getting S2 swords on the 24th

border

So will knockbacks have the capability to knock other players off a cliff to their death, or will they automatically stop you at the cliff's edge? When Feared you never run off a cliff because the game still keeps terrain in mind when CC'ed, but I don't know if it will be the same deal with knockbacks.

Anyone that's been booted into the Scholomance Pit Of Death knows that knockbacks generally won't stop you from getting booted down a level, but if they're going to introduce this mechanic to PVP maybe they will want to be a little more judicious.

CassSept

The problem with PvE -> PvP transfer is that leveling on PvP server wouldn't make any sense. It takes way longer and is way harder to level up on PvP server, especially in mid-20s and late 30s/early 40s range when you have to get through Hillsbrad and STV (nesingwary camp ganking ugh)., so that would be just unfair to those who leveled up on PvP serv...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom