• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

witness

Yeah I don't like the system at all, its not fare to someone like me who's pretty much the newest member of the guild while these have a ton of built up dkp. How am I supposed to get PVE geared up like that? They have a strict policy of not raiding with another guild so I dunno how that would go over with them if they found out. My server sucks anyway and people don't pug kara, the closest thing is I'll see people look for healers or tanks for it once in a while.

Eh over it really, just saving up for more s2 gear. Should I save for the s2 axe right now, using sonic spear currently, or go with the bracers, boots, and belt first?

Weenerz

Banned
Get arena points and get the S3 hunter axe, and just get all the S2 honor stuff. If you dont like the way the loot system works in your guild, you shouldn't raid with them. With WotLK coming out probably this year, working on your pvp gear should be enough to start your leveling from 70-80. The pieces of gear I've seen leaked from the alpha, lvl71 blues are better than kara epics. Hell I saw a quest reward cloth item green with 50 spell dmg.

firex

Yeah, get your mote extractor made. I put mine off but after I did, I don't even have to farm elementals for most of the primals/motes anymore.

border

What's the best way to go about farming motes? I never really made an effort because it seemed like the cloud spawns were pretty random, plus half the time the fucking clouds spawn in a spot where it's impossible for you to extract -- as in 100 yards up in the air (WTF?).

Well I'm a miner and an engineer so I just race around outlands and if I see minerals ore gas, I head over

I don't think there is a way to predict where the gas will be but its not like you need alot of gas clouds to create a primal and make 30-50 gold off 2 extracts

border said:
What's the best way to go about farming motes? I never really made an effort because it seemed like the cloud spawns were pretty random, plus half the time the fucking clouds spawn in a spot where it's impossible for you to extract -- as in 100 yards up in the air (WTF?).
There are mote maps on Wowhead and you can import them into gathering mods. The spawns are all set, believe it or not. Also they should have fixed those stupid unreachable ones. I think it's been said they fixed em in the patch notes like 5 patches in a row.

firex

Yeah, they kind of patrol in small areas sometimes, but they still spawn in that same path. I've seen them multiple times in the same location.

This is kinda cool:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/884/884767p1.html said:
WoW Offers Improved Security for Price
Blizzard Authenticator gives World of Warcraft accounts an optional added layer of protection.
by Jimmy Thang
June 26, 2008 - Blizzard will introduce the Blizzard Authenticator, which gives World of Warcraft players an optional added layer of security to their accounts, at this weekend's Worldwide Invitational in Paris. The authenticator is an electronic device that, at the press of a button, generates a six-digit security code. According to Blizzard, the "code is unique, valid only once, and active for a limited time; it must be provided along with the account name and password when signing in to the World of Warcraft account linked to it."

The authenticators will be available on the company's various European web sites in the near future. The device will be sold for €6.00, which converts to roughly $9.50 US. Unfortunately, there is no confirmation yet of a North American release. Players who purchase the authenticator will be able to attach it to their key chains, and in case you were wondering…yes, the device is waterproof.
Seen it in corporate applications, surprised to see it here, though I guess account security is a serious deal.

It is. There's some kind of epidemic out like I mentioned earlier, and their account restoration staff is apparently taxed to the extreme (they'd rather sell these things at under cost than hire even more to fix shit). Rumors of sites having their ads turned into downloaders for keyloggers and even boards getting links changed to keyloggers has some merit by more than a few.

Besides, many of the Korean MMOs do this thing as well to success. I plan on getting one for these very reasons.

Weenerz

Banned
Started to level a warrior, thinking of doing it as 17/44, opinions? Money isn't an issue, so I can twink if I have to, to help the leveling.

Chris R

I'd also like to know the best way to level a warrior. Right now at 13, with 4 points in the +1% crit. Using sword and board right now, but will get a decent 2h weapon at some point. I've heard that dw is the best way to level, even with the wwaxe available at 30.

Weenerz said:
Started to level a warrior, thinking of doing it as 17/44, opinions? Money isn't an issue, so I can twink if I have to, to help the leveling.
I've always found it easier to level as arms because it's easier to keep one good weapon constantly updated than it is two separate ones.

Fury is kind of shit now since Warriors don't have a place to raid as DPS in 25 mans.

Alex

I want one of those security things. I personally doubt I'd ever get into any problems, but better safe than sorry and it just seems neat.

With the WWI starting, do you think we'll get a date for Lich King?

firex

I think dw is the best way to level until 50ish when you can get the polearm from AV, and then in a few levels go to outland and start getting hit gear and run into that constant stream of 2h axes/polearms from quests/instances. I know it probably sounds weird to say it's better to go 2h after you get more hit gear, but it's because missing with a 2h is a lot worse than missing with one out of two dw weapons, and you won't get enough hit rating to come close to any kind of dw hit cap from quest rewards, but it will do a lot to bring you closer to the 2h hit cap. plus, a lot of fury's underused abilities really do work well with a 2h, like slam and cleave/sweeping strikes.

there are other points where a 2h is better dps before the 50s, like if you get the ww axe right at 30, or if you buy a kang the decapitator, but generally it's going to be easier leveling up with dw until you can hit around the time you will find better itemized dps gear (i.e. stuff that isn't just str/stamina/agi but actually has hit/crit on it).

Cipherr

Didnt see this posted yet:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=9454.0

Some WoTLK leaks from Blizzard themselves.

Druid

* Entangling roots will be useable indoor.
* Nourish will be a new healing spell, healing for more hit points for each HoT effect on the target.
* There isn't any plan to change cyclone

Hunter

* All kind of pets will have their own talent tree. A tanking talent tree, a DPS talent tree, and an utility talent tree. Each kind of pet family will have its own talent tree and its own unique ability.
* The shot clipping will be removed from Steady Shot, you'll be able to use it without "interrupting" your autoshot. Hunters will be able to just smash their button.
* There are going to be new pets in WotLK.
* The skill points for each pets are being changed to the new "Pet talents" and will disappear.

Priest

* Divine Hymn will be a deep-holy talent protecting your party from attackers, any attacks done to you or your party will cause the attacker to be afflicted by sleep.
* The 51 point talent for Shadow Priests is Dispersion : You disperse into pure shadow energy, reducing all damage taken by -90%. You are unable to attack or cast spells, but you regenerate 6% health and mana every 1 sec for 6 seconds.
* Guardian Spirit - Calls upon a guardian spirit to heal and watch over the friendly target. The spirit heals the target for 642 every 2 sec, and also prevents the target from dying by sacrificing itself. Lasts 10 seconds.

Mage

* Mages are getting a Frostfire bolt dealing Frost-Fire damage to make elementalists more viable.

Shaman

* Totems are being "condensed" into a smaller amount of totems, for exemple Strength of Earth and Grace of Air totems will be merged into the same totem
* A new weapon enchantment will be available "Earthliving Weapon". It will increase the healing power of the Shaman.
* Flametongue will give spell damage bonus to the Shaman.
* Totems are being moved to physical school, you can't counterspell anymore.
* Totems will also affect raid members, not just the local party.
* Shamans are getting "Hex", a polymorph-like spell on a medium cooldown allowing them to turn an enemy into a frog. The enemy cannot cast or attack but is still in control of his character.
* Windfury won't be a weapon enchant anymore and will be changed to a buff. You will be able to use it in bear form or with poison.

Rogue

* Rogues will get a talent called "Fan of Knives", an AoE ability allowing them to attack all enemies within a short range. It will be some kind of "emergency" ability and you won't be able to spam it.
* Sap will now work on more targets, humanoids, beasts, dragonkins, demons. "Anything with a skull and a brain inside of it".

Paladin

* Retribution paladins itemization will be moved to the same item as Warriors/Death Knights
* A new reactive healing spell will be added - Hand of Purity.
* Paladin's short-term-blessings no longer overwrite long-term-blessings.

Warlock

* Demonic Circle will allow warlocks to scribe a circle in the ground to teleport to it later with another spell.
* The 51-Point demonogy talent is a Demon-Form, this will allow you cast AOE Shadowbolts

Warrior

* Titan's Grip is a new Fury talent and allows warriors to wear 2 hand weapons with a single hand.
* Protection Warriors are getting a spell called "Shockwave" allowing them to damage and stun all the monsters in front of them.
* Bladestorm will be a new Arms talent whirlwinding all enemies in range every x seconds for a few seconds.

Finally some hunter info, so happy, and hooray @ pets getting talent trees! So awesome.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thinking of re rolling, anyone recommend a well populated friendly server or nice an active semi-casual guild?

That hunter stuff is nice. Course there's just going to be standard cookie cutter specs, but still pretty interesting. First time I've been glad my main is a hunter in a long time.

That Pallies R Supposed To Use Warrior gear has to be a mistake and mean all pallies, cuz rets already do.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Shaman

* Totems are being "condensed" into a smaller amount of totems, for exemple Strength of Earth and Grace of Air totems will be merged into the same totem
* Totems are being moved to physical school, you can't counterspell anymore.
* Totems will also affect raid members, not just the local party.
* Shamans are getting "Hex", a polymorph-like spell on a medium cooldown allowing them to turn an enemy into a frog. The enemy cannot cast or attack but is still in control of his character.
Condensed forms are a start - take a look at any Shaman UI and you'll notice that you practically need twice the amount of buttons as a normal character. The only class closest to that amount of buttons would probably be a Hunter with Engineering as a profession. But we need mobile totems somehow still.. the 20 yard range is still a joke and should realistically be improved to at least 40 yards.

Still wondering whether Hex will use the same rules as Polymorph, i.e. health and mana is regenerated and taking damage breaks the spell. Or how long the spell will actually last for, I'd like it to be around the 5 second mark with no physical/magical damage break.

firex

All the totem improvements sound good, but nearly everything else for the other classes is stuff we already knew. What do they mean by "ret pallies will use the same gear as warriors/death knights?" ... they already do. Do they mean no more int on dps plate?

ManaByte

Gold Member
http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/28/wwi-panel-08-mage/

However, during the Q&A, one of the audience members was a lot more pointed. Now that everyone seems to have their own spammable crowd control, he askes, what's being done to bring Mages back to a more unique role?

The answer was awesome. Simply put, if everyone's doing crowd control, then Mages are going to be buffed in their hallmark: raw, unadulterated damage. Especially since Seed of Corruption shines against our AE damage ability, Chilton says we should expect to see our overall damage output increased.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just got my Epic Flyer also!

nataku

Puncture said:
Didnt see this posted yet:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=9454.0
Hunter

* All kind of pets will have their own talent tree. A tanking talent tree, a DPS talent tree, and an utility talent tree. Each kind of pet family will have its own talent tree and its own unique ability.
* The shot clipping will be removed from Steady Shot, you'll be able to use it without "interrupting" your autoshot. Hunters will be able to just smash their button.
* There are going to be new pets in WotLK.
* The skill points for each pets are being changed to the new "Pet talents" and will disappear.

Damnit. I told myself I was gone from WoW for good.

Now Huntard friendly lol

The shaman totem buffs are a nerf against having 80 billion in a raid for Bloodlust/Heroism/Brainheal monkeybusiness.

Xiaoki

Blizzard hinted that they would somehow rework Ret Pallies to require almost no mana so they would not need Int on their gear anymore.

Shamans are officially back.

I was leaning towards leveling my Warlock to 80 first but now I will probably level my Hunter first. However, I do wonder how they will handle the Hunter talents that buff your pet. Shouldn't those be moved to pet talent trees now? We shall see.

Man I just can't seem to have fun at 70 pvp, I'm guessing its because of the huge honor grind. I just dinged 70 on a huntard, and I have all the other classes at 70 already on the same realm except a shammy who is 62 and a 20 pally.. My rogue is geared in crappy s1 and my lock is mostly s1 and 1p s3.. but I just get so bored doing battlegrounds and theres no other way to gear so I just keep rerolling. My hunter has only been 70 for a few days and I've gotten about 20k honor so far and already can't stand him anymore. /cry /slit wrists.

Pretty disappointed that Blizzard hasn't given us a release date for Wrath of the Lich King yet. Thought they'd spill the beans at this convention. I need to know when to active and start farming gold and stuff for my Death Knight!

Does anyone know if they're doing the instance podcast this week?

What do the rogues here think of the S2 throwing axe? Isn't it kind of a downgrade? It has like 35 less weapon damage than the s1 throwing axe.

I pretty much got everything I care to get with both my Rogues right now. I just need a S2 main-hand and Dory's Embrace on my NE and I guess the s4 neck and s3 helm and gloves on my BE. I don't really care about S4 gear even if they don't require rating. That shit is seriously ugly and I don't want to grind arena for rating either.

sikkinixx

jesus christ this game is intimidating. I downloaded the 10 day trial thing (I finally gave in) but I dunno where the hell to start. Dunno what class, what race, what faction... I don't wanna make a character then find out hours later that he/she/it is shit after I had some bad experiences with Oblivion. And only 10 days to try? ahhhhh!

Depends on what you feel like doing.

Do you want to DPS? Tank? Heal?

Do you mostly wana do PVP and so on?

Here are some sites on the different classes:

http://ezinearticles.com/?World-of-Warcraft---What-Class-Should-I-Choose?&id=713752

http://www.gameogre.com/wowclassguide.htm

I'm a Holy Priest and it's fun to play, at times. It's kind of hard to level in the mid levels, and it's time consuming to solo the character. The pluses though is that for raids, instances, and other group things it's pretty easy to join a group since they always need healers.

CassSept

Oh, arenas. Any PvE shaman who will whine about his class is prolly horrible player. Resto shamans are op, enh are a must for every raid. As for elementals, they start doing pretty good dps around t6 range, just like retardins.

Twig

Banned
Oh! My Car! said:
What's a twink/twinkle/twinkie? I feel sort of embarrassed to ask this far along in the game (67 lock) but I have to know!
A low-level toon pimped out in the best gear. Usually at the top level for a given BG level range. Level 19, 29, 39, etc.

Finaika

Ok my rogue is going to be 70 very very soon (probably tomorrow) and I have around 5900 gold. Question is since I almost have enough gold for an epic flying mount (800g normal training + 5000g epic training + 200g epic mount = 6000g) should I just skip getting the normal flying mount and straight away get the epic instead or should I get a normal one & spend the money on enchanting my gears and stuff?

yacobod

Banned
CassSept said:
Oh, arenas. Any PvE shaman who will whine about his class is prolly horrible player. Resto shamans are op, enh are a must for every raid. As for elementals, they start doing pretty good dps around t6 range, just like retardins.

no doubt they are uber in pve raids

mileS

Finaika said:
Ok my rogue is going to be 70 very very soon (probably tomorrow) and I have around 5900 gold. Question is since I almost have enough gold for an epic flying mount (800g normal training + 5000g epic training + 200g epic mount = 6000g) should I just skip getting the normal flying mount and straight away get the epic instead or should I get a normal one & spend the money on enchanting my gears and stuff?

get the epic mount right away! You can make gold super fast with it anyway doing dailys.

grats btw most people aren't lucky enough to get the epic flyer as soon as they ding 70

shaman, "theyre good, just not as good as other classes"

i play a 2k+ resto shaman and it's not fun watching every druid/* faceroll their way to epics when i have to work my ass off for every win

and yeah PUREG THEYR HAWTS, yeaaah :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom