• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
Fulleffect said:
shaman, "theyre good, just not as good as other classes"

i play a 2k+ resto shaman and it's not fun watching every druid/* faceroll their way to epics when i have to work my ass off for every win

and yeah PUREG THEYR HAWTS, yeaaah :lol

i played shaman/warrior at like 2100+ for a couple weeks before finding a suitable resto druid back in like january + february

this was before shamans got buffed, they are even better now, and it is pretty common to come across highly rated shaman/warrior teams

-----
i'm not saying shaman/warrior is better than druid/warrior, because its not, but at least shaman/warrior games dont last as long, and in general are more fun to play because of ZOMG WF + Bloodlust crits

i'm just saying i dont think shaman have much to complain about, paladins on the other hand are pretty much worthless besides in 5v5

CassSept

Xiaoki said:
Shamans were AWOL until the changes to Mana Spring and Water Shield.

And being "pretty good" in tier 6 doesn't count.
That applies only to ele shamans. Resto are goddamn op, enh are must for every raid. I've once played with t6 geared ele shamans and he was doing pretty damn awesome dps.

And it does count, considering how easy t6 is to get.

Richiban said:
OK...it's been a few weeks since the WoW pros gave me some feedback on my toon. How am I doing?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz Modan&n=Boomuppercut

You still have the druid boots and bracers on. You should start replacing those +10 stamina armor kits with real enchants.

Head - Cenarion Expedition's Glyph of Ferocity
shoulders - Aldor or Scryer shoulder enchants
chest - there is a 150 hp enchant and a +6 all stats enchant
bracers look good
gloves - +15 agility or 28 (?) AP
pants are alright. you might want to go with the cobra scale kit for more dps though
boots - Surefooted, Boar's Speed, Cat's swiftness, or 12 agility

yacobod said:
i played shaman/warrior at like 2100+ for a couple weeks before finding a suitable resto druid back in like january + february

seems like a problem to me when you're 2100+ with a shaman but dump em for a druid, heh

shaman aren't bad, maybe, or just druids / priests are just too good? either way you want to cut the pie, who wants to play the class you team with because you can't find a druid/priest?

sure, we got better after the patch, but most of the shaman that were up there before are the ones still up there, also the new abilities come at quote a talent point cost, RNG for 1/3 if your ES gets dispelled instantly or not, and another 9-11 pts to spend for an instant GW

we have to play far better then to get where they can with way less effort which is a problem, imo

i know pallys are fucked too, but surprising war/pal is still up there somehow, gg justice/dispel/freedom vs druids i suppose

http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-statistics/team-setup.html

sikkinixx

im new at this but... um... how often are these 300mb+ updates? It took 8 hours to download the 3.5gb install yesterday, then another 3 hours to download the ptach now I wanna play but ANOTHER 262mb patch estimating around 2 hours. I'm gonna use my 10 day trial just installing the thing. Not to mention it slows my internet down to sub-56k speeds.

Tamanon

Banned
The patches aren't nearly as big most of the time, Blizz just for some reason hasn't integrated a lot of their patches into the main client yet.

sikkinixx said:
im new at this but... um... how often are these 300mb+ updates? It took 8 hours to download the 3.5gb install yesterday, then another 3 hours to download the ptach now I wanna play but ANOTHER 262mb patch estimating around 2 hours. I'm gonna use my 10 day trial just installing the thing. Not to mention it slows my internet down to sub-56k speeds.

To put it in perspective, After you install Burning Crusade you put it to 2.0 I think, at the 'big' patches are 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4... each one adding content, where 2.1.1, 2.4.3, (you get it) just being mainly fixes and maybe the occasional holiday which is usually not that big, like 20 or 30 MB at most

Burning Crusade has been out for almost 18 months with 4 major ones so it's not that bad

Finaika

mileS said:
get the epic mount right away! You can make gold super fast with it anyway doing dailys.

grats btw most people aren't lucky enough to get the epic flyer as soon as they ding 70
Thanks for the advice! :)

I guess I was lucky to be able to accumulate that much gold before I turn 70, but it is my first & only toon so I only concentrated on her.

Time to get that epic flying mount! :D

Ruas

Banned
Is anyone playing on Khal'Goroth?I started a undead rogue and I'm currently lvl 18.I'm using the trial account so I cant use some features like send a whisper or use the auction house.

Magnus

Finaika said:
Ok my rogue is going to be 70 very very soon (probably tomorrow) and I have around 5900 gold. Question is since I almost have enough gold for an epic flying mount (800g normal training + 5000g epic training + 200g epic mount = 6000g) should I just skip getting the normal flying mount and straight away get the epic instead or should I get a normal one & spend the money on enchanting my gears and stuff?

I didn't think it was possible to skip mount training levels? At least when BC initially hit, it wasn't.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Magnus said:
I didn't think it was possible to skip mount training levels? At least when BC initially hit, it wasn't.
Yeah I think it is still that way.

You HAVE to get each level of riding skill to get to max.

Wouldn't be a Money Sink otherwise :)

firex

Magnus said:
that was exactly what he was asking. Grind another 150ish gold to buy the actual epic flyer, or just spend the 5k on enchants/other gear.

Fulleffect said:
seems like a problem to me when you're 2100+ with a shaman but dump em for a druid, heh

shaman aren't bad, maybe, or just druids / priests are just too good? either way you want to cut the pie, who wants to play the class you team with because you can't find a druid/priest?

sure, we got better after the patch, but most of the shaman that were up there before are the ones still up there, also the new abilities come at quote a talent point cost, RNG for 1/3 if your ES gets dispelled instantly or not, and another 9-11 pts to spend for an instant GW

we have to play far better then to get where they can with way less effort which is a problem, imo

i know pallys are fucked too, but surprising war/pal is still up there somehow, gg justice/dispel/freedom vs druids i suppose

http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-statistics/team-setup.html
I don't even understand what you are saying. That population discrepency is probably more to do with the amount of people that rolled druid after/during season 2 than any problem with shaman. They are not weak.

Yes, I play hunter/priest. Fuck shaman. Fuck them right in the face.

CassSept

Richiban said:
OK...it's been a few weeks since the WoW pros gave me some feedback on my toon. How am I doing?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz Modan&n=Boomuppercut
Ok, part by part.
Head - you have revered with Cenarion so go buy Glyph of Ferocity
Neck - ok i guess
Shoulders - shoulders are probably the worst. At honroed you get worse enchants, each one costs 2 Holy Dusts (you get Holy Dust for trading in Fel Armament in case you dont know). You should aim for getting Exalted and better enchants, these cost 8 Holy Dusts.
Back - +12 agility is good enchant. Cloak doesnt seem to be purely for rogue, but if you cant get any better stick to it, it isnt that bad
Chest - +ap gems, bah. Never do it! If you want to play PvE you have to stay from ap gems, they will always be inferior. For red sockets always take Glinting Noble Topaz/Pyrestone, unless you have enough hit (~300), then socket for agi (Delicate Living Ruby/Crimson Spinel). As for enchant - +6 stats ftw
Bracers - once again, red gem. +ap is best enchant for wrists, so no complaints about this one
Gloves - +15 agi is the best enchant
Belt - well, can't complain here. No enchants for belts, and this one doesnt have any sockets, so its ok
Legs - Cobrascale/Nethercobra is more expensive, but way better for PvE than clefthoof ones
Feet - +12 agi, or maybe cat's swiftness, but imo +12 agi is better. Surefooted gets better than it at the very end (late in sunwell), but long way there
Rings & trinkets - ok
Weapons - mongoose! Don't get executioner for mh, its better only when you have a LOT of armor pen on other weapons (once again, near the end of sunwell).

That's all i think

CassSept

PhoenixDark said:
I want to replace my chest armor with something more protection focused. I want that Aldor chest piece but it'll take forever to get to Revered with them; hopefully I'll find something in the meantime
Chestplate of Stoicism is damn awesome. 100 badges, yeah, but go go, this chest is something you definitely want to get.

border

PhoenixDark said:
During my bannage time I started gearing my prot warrior for pre-Kara stuff, here's where I stand
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Goinio

How's it look so far? I'm still trying to find replacements for my shitty belt, and I want to replace my chest armor with something more protection focused. I want that Aldor chest piece but it'll take forever to get to Revered with them; hopefully I'll find something in the meantime
Easiest replacement for your belt is from the Arcatraz key quest chain. Requires you to complete Mechanar and Botanica.

Chest can be replaced by Breastplate of the Warbringer, a reward from the Forge Camp quests in Nagrand.

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
Do you fellows thinks Shaman/Rogue would be a fun combo for LK?

if rogues stay OP ya

pretty much any class + rogue is decent atm

lock/rogue
mage/rogue
ret or holy pally/rogue
disc or shadow priest/rogue
druid/rogue
resto shaman/rogue

i firmly believe rogues are the number 1 class in the game atm

CassSept

Wtf, is everybody rolling rogue or what:lol

PS. 6 kills and still no glaives, goddamnit. At least got my t6 chest finally, tomorrow im getting sunmotes which means i will be pwning

Chris R

CassSept said:
Wtf, is everybody rolling rogue or what:lol
You telling me you wouldn't want to roll the DOMINANT pvp class if you had the choice? Mine is only level 13 right now, but after I get my tank alt to 30 it will be the next to 30, then keep pacing my alts ever ten levels or so.

I've had a rogue for about a year and even though its the top pvp class with druids and warriors I just can't stand playing her. She still stuck in s3\s1 gear because rogues are so damn boring =\

CassSept

rhfb said:
You telling me you wouldn't want to roll the DOMINANT pvp class if you had the choice? Mine is only level 13 right now, but after I get my tank alt to 30 it will be the next to 30, then keep pacing my alts ever ten levels or so.
No, because I play PvE. And have lvl 70 4/8 T6 rogue with sunwell gloves etc.
I rolled this char because i hated rogues ganking me all the time. I ended being almost pure pve, i hardly play any pvp at all (too lazy to respec every weekend, and without ss and cheat death rogues are laughable)

Edit: Ps. In PvP all classes whine about all other classes and consider other classes op. And thats a fact.

You know whats cool about rogues is when it comes down to just you against one in a 2v2 match you're better off just laying down in the middle of the arena and letting the rogue kill you. I fought one for literally 15 minutes until I ran out of band aids and died. God I hate that class. I was going to roll one for PVE but I'd feel too dirty playing one.

I love my rogue for PVE

I don't like PvP so I have never specced for it and got really bored grinding BGs for the S2 swords, thank god thats over

CassSept

Flesh Into Gear said:
You know whats cool about rogues is when it comes down to just you against one in a 2v2 match you're better off just laying down in the middle of the arena and letting the rogue kill you. I fought one for literally 15 minutes until I ran out of band aids and died. God I hate that class. I was going to roll one for PVE but I'd feel too dirty playing one.
Well, unless youre a warrior :p
Last weekend with my friend weve decided to play some PeeVeePee, and in arena it was me vs. warrior. Ive been jumping around, doing whatever I can, using cooldowns (two evasions, ss all the time, trinkets, etc). Almost done. I was so proud of myself. Ive been at around 25% and warrior was at 5% or so. I forgot about one thing though. Execute.
Hit me once, down to 5%. Another hit, cheat death. Execute. With 90% dmg reduction hits me for 500.

Yeah, one on one rogues have some chances, maybe with luck even against druids. But arms warriors are THE anti-rogue class.

More Rogue chatter: complete set of Glaives acquired; looking for 2 more pair. Illidan still not dropping staff/scepter/memento >_<
Heh. 6 kills. No glaives, no Bulwarks, no Mementos. This reset we had exactly same drops as week before (tank head and healer mace) -.- Other 8 epics are 2 these crap bows nobody wants (even i got one for gold), 1 cursed vision (havent been on this kill, meh), two staffs (our lock vendored one:lol ), one melee ring and I believe two skulls.
WTB Glaives. Another guild on our server got two glaives in 6 skills. Were still waiting for first

PS. Wee, got my Sunwell gloves! I have to find some way to raise hit though, got only 227 atm :/ Got to use these festival craps all the time now.

Chris R

Ideally there should be a token that drops similar to the armor that can be exchanged for weapons. I think my pre BC guild had over 40 nef kills and only 1 lok, 3 staffs and no other weapons (asscandy :( ) :lol But then again our guild had horrible luck with all 2h melee weapon drops. We had none until C'thun dropped :lol

CassSept

I just hope we won't have as good luck as Nihilum had. Their first glaive dropped one week after they killed KJ:lol
And well, glaives set helps a lot in SWP.
The other realm in Kalec, Brutallus, Eredar Twins, Entropius, Kil'jaeden all are demons, so the additional +200ap on them is awesome
To those already there - Felmyst is considered what? Dragonkin, undead or demon?

CassSept said:
Well, unless youre a warrior :p
Last weekend with my friend weve decided to play some PeeVeePee, and in arena it was me vs. warrior. Ive been jumping around, doing whatever I can, using cooldowns (two evasions, ss all the time, trinkets, etc). Almost done. I was so proud of myself. Ive been at around 25% and warrior was at 5% or so. I forgot about one thing though. Execute.
Hit me once, down to 5%. Another hit, cheat death. Execute. With 90% dmg reduction hits me for 500.

Yeah, one on one rogues have some chances, maybe with luck even against druids. But arms warriors are THE anti-rogue class.

Yeah it doesnt go too well as a ret pally, espicially since i go OOM in about 5 seconds. Overpower would be all I'd need though.

Brad

I just started playing again after 2 years off. I rerolled an orc warlock on vashj. I'm only level 10 and I'm already addicted again.

CassSept

Brad said:
I just started playing again after 2 years off. I rerolled an orc warlock on vashj. I'm only level 10 and I'm already addicted again.
One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble, gooble gobble! One of us! One of us!

My warrior just got a stormherald. It's sooooo beautiful. I mainly play arenas as hunter/priest, so of course we got it into our minds to roll warr/druid alts. It's so fucking hilarious to take a break from bleeding edge and just screw around on them. I swear we've went on a 50% win streak last week where he did nothing but spam cyclone and I nothing but hamstring.

firex

man, if they ever make mages better endgame I will probably roll one as an alt at some point. it's looking like I'll have my shaman as main (and with the 2 talent specs thing, I'll have enhance and resto), DK as one alt, and then if they actually buff them any, mage as another. Mage is like my favorite "missed potential" class since they're still shitloads better than casters in nearly all the pre-WoW MMOs I've tried (which, granted, isn't many) but they're just so... meh, compared to most other classes in WoW. which isn't really meant to come across as "mages are weak" crying, just that they seem to have lost all their cool shit that made them fun back in WoW beta and now more or less exist as this living stationary siege cannon.

Kletian

firex said:
man, if they ever make mages better endgame I will probably roll one as an alt at some point. it's looking like I'll have my shaman as main (and with the 2 talent specs thing, I'll have enhance and resto), DK as one alt, and then if they actually buff them any, mage as another. Mage is like my favorite "missed potential" class since they're still shitloads better than casters in nearly all the pre-WoW MMOs I've tried (which, granted, isn't many) but they're just so... meh, compared to most other classes in WoW. which isn't really meant to come across as "mages are weak" crying, just that they seem to have lost all their cool shit that made them fun back in WoW beta and now more or less exist as this living stationary siege cannon.

Wait, that's been confirmed?

Fularu

Banned
CassSept said:
Ok, part by part.
Feet - +12 agi, or maybe cat's swiftness, but imo +12 agi is better. Surefooted gets better than it at the very end (late in sunwell), but long way there

no no no no

Never, EVER, use Dexterity over Cat's swiftness as a rogue (or melee DPS anyway unless you are a ret pally). In any fight where you need to move for more than 4 seconds, Cat's swiftness is the better enchant, and becomes increasingly more so the more you move. As for surefooted.. Lol? 10 hit rating and snares have nothing to do with PVE dps (especially sunwell).

traveler

Not Wario
Anybody been keeping an eye on MMO Champion?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/july/tyraelminipet.jpg

Tyrael pet from the WWI goody bag.

Also of note:

lichkingbeta.jpg

WoW Euro WotLK Beta Opt-In registration has started! (With the US one coming very soon apparently) I'm getting ready to hit the account management page as soon as it shows up.

Weenerz

Banned
I so hope I get into the beta. I loved testing TBC for the last 4 or 5 months. Blizzard sent me 2 invites last year, maybe they'll screw up again and I can make another $500 on the second key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom