• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of Godzilla said:
What? You just said exactly what I just said. I am not bitching. Merely making plans to.

BTW Master's Call would be nice, if anyone aside from BM hunters could get it.

This is like complaining that all rogues need to go Subt for PvP. Whats the problem with having a PvP spec?

border

Blizzard is giving away the Murloc Polar Bear Mount to anyone that orders the Direct TV Blizzcon package. I was hoping on selling mine to offset the cost of attending Blizzcon, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do that anymore. Consequently I'm not sure if I'll go to Blizzcon at all.

But I guess it's good news for anyone who wants to buy the mount on eBay.

FieryBalrog said:
This is like complaining that all rogues need to go Subt for PvP. Whats the problem with having a PvP spec?
It would be like that if rogues needed 11 points in assn for vanish, 21 in combat for blind, and then still needed to be specced Subt.

Son of Godzilla said:
It would be like that if rogues needed 11 points in assn for vanish, 21 in combat for blind, and then still needed to be specced Subt.

All rogues are pretty much forced to spec 20/0/41 for PvP so I'm still not sure I see your point. Shadowstep is required and so are basic Assn talents like malice and relentless strikes.

yacobod

Banned
FieryBalrog said:
All rogues are pretty much forced to spec 20/0/41 for PvP so I'm still not sure I see your point. Shadowstep is required and so are basic Assn talents like malice and relentless strikes.

actually mutilate is a lot more common for rogues, shadowstep is more common still so i dont want to get into it, but there a quite a lot of mut rogues at the top of bgs now in 2v2arena

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Weenerz said:
You hunters have nothing to really QQ about, Mages have been screwed ever since TBC came out and from the looks of things so far in beta, nothing has changed for the better.
No way, Mages are getting buffed to heaven and Hunters still have their Arena issues to sort out. There' not a single hunter in the top 100 arena players in the world whereas mages have a fairly respectable representation. And mages are looking great in Wotlk, the only thing I can say about Hunters is that their 51 BM is awesome. Otherwise the class is really just "meh"

CassSept

border said:
Blizzard is giving away the Murloc Polar Bear Mount to anyone that orders the Direct TV Blizzcon package. I was hoping on selling mine to offset the cost of attending Blizzcon, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do that anymore. Consequently I'm not sure if I'll go to Blizzcon at all.

But I guess it's good news for anyone who wants to buy the mount on eBay.
How much is this DirecTV package supposed to cost, any estimates yet?

Weenerz

Banned
I want the polar bear mount, so I would buy a ticket. But you have to actually attend to get the goodie bag with the bear mount code. $100 for the mount is fine, but fuck flying there just to get it. I wish I knew people in Anaheim.

Halycon said:
No way, Mages are getting buffed to heaven and Hunters still have their Arena issues to sort out. There' not a single hunter in the top 100 arena players in the world whereas mages have a fairly respectable representation. And mages are looking great in Wotlk, the only thing I can say about Hunters is that their 51 BM is awesome. Otherwise the class is really just "meh"
Are you high?

firex

If it's like the WC3 version then they don't even do any damage. but if it's like the harbinger skyriss version, that could be tough.

Chris R

Halycon said:
There' not a single hunter in the top 100 arena players in the world whereas mages have a fairly respectable representation.
Because arena representation is the ONLY thing that determines if a class is good or not amirite?

Halycon said:
And mages are looking great in Wotlk

Um... no :lol Living Bomb is a joke, but they still have time to tweak a few more things.

Tamanon

Banned
Living Bomb switched up a bit.

Living Bomb changed : The target becomes a Living Bomb, taking 1380 Fire damage over 12 sec. After 12 sec or when the spell is dispelled, the target explodes dealing 690 Fire damage to all enemies within 10 yards and knocking all targets up in the air. This spell can only affect one target at a time. (1010 Mana, 35 yd range, Instant cast)

Looks like it's now basically Seed of Corruption without Tab-SoC goodness. The knock-up will make it fun in AV at least, heh.

The more I look at it, the more I like it, especially the instant cast part.

FieryBalrog said:
My point was that it's impossible to do 11/21/41 yet that's what Hunters require to get basic pvp components.

rhfb said:
Because arena representation is the ONLY thing that determines if a class is good or not amirite?

I'm going to go ahead and say yes. Prove me wrong k tx.

MMaRsu

Imo Arena and BG's suck. I only like world pvp and I think it's ridiculous that the best gear comes from those 2 things.

I mean it's stupid that you can't get decent gear unless you do BG's.

border

Spell pushback nearly eliminated -- adds 1 second to casting time at worst. Seed of Corruption will have a 3 second cast time max....mages continue to bow to the new gods of AoE.

I'm kind of curious if this change was motivated by PVE concerns or (far more likely) arena concerns.

General
Spell casting and spell channelling pushback has been changed to the following:
When casting a spell:

* The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.
* All hits after the second will have no effect.

When channelling a spell:

* The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.

Chris R

border said:
Spell pushback nearly eliminated -- adds 1 second to casting time at worst. Seed of Corruption will have a 3 second cast time max....mages continue to bow to the new gods of AoE.

I'm kind of curious if this change was motivated by PVE concerns or (far more likely) arena concerns.

General
When casting a spell:

* The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.

Its a pvp "fix" I wouldn't mind if warlocks were the king of aoe if ya know, mages out dpsed them on single targets.... but yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Son of Godzilla said:
Goddamn, I've had it up to fucking here with how gimp Hunters are in arena. It's not even funny.
They're supposedly working on the LoS issues, I don't know where the post is though.

Halycon said:
They're supposedly working on the LoS issues, I don't know where the post is though.
I'm currently reeling over how fucking stupid it is to have freeze trap on GCD *and* a 2 second arming time, letting even the biggest mouthbreathing druid moron stare at his enemy cooldown timer and feral charge into it.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
border said:

General
When casting a spell:

About god damned time....jesus.

Despite all the whining by mages, this and mana levels/useage in general have been the only real complaints I ever had about the class.

I am a happy mage.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i wonder what this spell push back change will mean for talents which reduce chance for interruption, like the Warlock ones Fel Concentration and Intensity.

MMaRsu

MMaRsu said:
Imo Arena and BG's suck. I only like world pvp and I think it's ridiculous that the best gear comes from those 2 things.

I mean it's stupid that you can't get decent gear unless you do BG's.

nobody agrees with me on this?

Arenas and BGs are pretty damn fun if you go in with friends. Similar to instances and raids.

And "decent gear" means what? Kara hands out gear much quicker and with much less stress than solo farming bgs.

MMaRsu said:

I think if not taken seriously WoW PvP is very fun. BGs are a good time unless you're trying to grind marks, then it can get very frustrating. Arena is pretty shitty. I understand that they wanted to flesh shit out more for people who justed wanted pvp but I'm sick of getting to 1650 and then dealing with full s3 teams every match. Especially since my ass doesnt want to grind gold and get the best enchants and gems. I still have some S1 and my mage partner is still wearing blues and its fucking satisfying beating people with much better gear but sometimes it just...ugh.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
MMaRsu said:
i agree that world pvp is more fun than BGs and arenas, mostly because world pvp typically means 1v1.

I hate the zerg balls in BGs/Arena where it's just focus fire and crowd control like crazy. You can't do anything...

But those rare encounters out in the world are like their own little stories. I really enjoy them most of the time (corpse runs and camping can be a bitch though).

Ramirez

I know it kind of defeats some of the purpose of the carrot on a stick method, but if they truly wanted to make Arenas all about skill then it would be premade characters. The last time I tried to get back into it, it was just frustrating as hell losing to people that were obviously bad players, but were able to win just because they had gear that was 2 seasons ahead of the few pieces I had managed to get. :lol

I had a ton of fun in season 1 when everyone was pretty much on the same level, but I took a break, rolled a new toon, and got the above experience, wasn't much fun.

explodet

border said:
Seed of Corruption will have a 3 second cast time max....mages continue to bow to the new gods of AoE.
Meanwhile an Improved Scorch/Winter's Chill specced mage can arguably debuff better than a warlock.

proof

Neo Member
Just putting this out there....

If anyone is thinking of joining this game, then maybe PM me so i can "Refer a Friend" and as a result, we both get ingame items as a reward

Chris R

HALP! What exactly do I copy over to a fresh TBC install to fully patch it? I have no patch folder so i can't copy that... Do I copy over patch.mpq and patch-2.mpq?

border

explodet said:
Meanwhile an Improved Scorch/Winter's Chill specced mage can arguably debuff better than a warlock.
With Unstable Affliction, Haunt, and newly buffed Curse of Elements? I guess we shall see ;)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Son of Godzilla said:
Arenas and BGs are pretty damn fun if you go in with friends. Similar to instances and raids.

And "decent gear" means what? Kara hands out gear much quicker and with much less stress than solo farming bgs.

BGs are stressful?

Son of Godzilla said:

Truth.

Mainly cuz friends listen to each other and play like a team. Then, if a loss is inevitable, its cuz the other side just out-geared/hustled, and the call to just fight for HK is a smooth one.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly

firex

commish said:
BGs are stressful?
I wouldn't call it stressful, but the grind sucks compared to pugging kara for ez epix. although really, there's no way you can pug kara unless you're playing a healer (and you're heal specced) or a tank, unless your server's got a severe mage shortage or something.

1up

I just dont understand what they are trying to do with hunters. Melee ATP, Change in Kill Command, mongoose bite not needing a dodge. Does not compute.

explodet

border said:
With Unstable Affliction, Haunt, and newly buffed Curse of Elements? I guess we shall see ;)
I guess I meant ScorchChill vs just CoE, as it relates to other party/raid members.

+15% damage/+10% crit to mages, fire warlocks and moonspam druids
vs
+10% damage to all magic

Like I said, arguably.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
1up said:
I just dont understand what they are trying to do with hunters. Melee ATP, Change in Kill Command, mongoose bite not needing a dodge. Does not compute.
i still don't understand how aimed shot as a mortal strike debuff and arcane shot dispels magic effects. hunters are just getting ridiculous now.

explodet said:
I guess I meant ScorchChill vs just CoE, as it relates to other party/raid members.

+15% damage/+10% crit to mages, fire warlocks and moonspam druids
vs
+10% damage to all magic

Like I said, arguably.
Curse of elements doesn't benefit nature or holy damage. Not relevant to what you're discussing, but it's not 10% to ALL magic. :p

Kweh

How much does 300 Riding skill cost? WoWiki states 5000 gold but a friend of mine thought it was lowered to 2000 gold?

firex

arcane shot in wotlk shouldn't dispel anymore (I think), and that should be moved over to tranq shot. but hunters sound like they're pretty awesome in the latest wotlk build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom