• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I too old to be playing this sporadically at 25? For some reason I participated in a survey in the general channel and answered with "20+" and a bunch of kids started harassing me. I can't be the only one...

explodet

Scrow said:
Curse of elements doesn't benefit nature or holy damage. Not relevant to what you're discussing, but it's not 10% to ALL magic. :p
MMOChamp says that CoE is going to affect nature damage. I forgot about holy damage, but can you blame me?

firex

holy damage doesn't need a buff because it doesn't have to contend with resists. although CoE pretty much negates resists, too... but still.

plus the new paladin judgement system should increase holy damage in addition to hp/mana regen and a possible snare or at least immunity from speed boosts.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Oh! My Car! said:
Am I too old to be playing this sporadically at 25? For some reason I participated in a survey in the general channel and answered with "20+" and a bunch of kids started harassing me. I can't be the only one...

the kids feel threatened.

the other adults are smart enough to not say anything ;)

Tamanon

Banned
You'd be surprised at how many late 20s, early 30s and up people are out there. They just don't chat in General much. My last casual guild had maybe one girl under 20, and the rest were regular working stiffs.:lol

mollipen

Okay, so I've got a question, and I think I may know the direction of the answers, but not the exacts, so I'm going to ask anyway.

As an almost 70 Draenei Hunter who would be considered a "casual" player, who hasn't done a lot of battlegrounds, and who has almost completely soloed the entire game, what is my best chance for getting a "set" of armor that would be worth the time and investment getting? When I say set, I'm taking those fancy armor sets I see all the high levels sporting with the flaming shoulders and the glowing bits and the armor that actually looks like it goes together.

Being that I'm level 67, I appreciate the armor I've been able to piece together for myself, but at the same time, I kind of feel bad about looking like such a hobo at such a high level. My thinking is that I might just be better to keep doing what I do and wait for Wrath to come, because being a more casual player, I'd hate to put in the time to get a set that I probably wouldn't even be able to complete by the end of the year, when Wrath would hit and no doubt make my efforts useless (due to the firsts quests giving me better stuff then I've just been struggling to collect).

Honestly, I can't stand instances/raids that go past one hour or so in length, so that's probably out. I know I can get an okay looking (stat wise) set from the Alliance heroes hall thing, which I can maybe earn if I start going nuts in PVP stuff.

Beyond those two options, though, is there anything else? I'm pretty sure there isn't, but still wanted to ask. If not something "Tier" or a set that gives you bonuses for having multiple pieces of the same types or whatever, is there any set more common that would be worth going after? I just hate always having my character looking so mismatched, so even something decent but not awesome where I can quest for some of the pieces then hope to find in the auction house for the rest, I'd love to hear recommendations.

firex

crafting is your only option outside of honored rep with the 4 different tbc instance factions (lamer hold, keepers of time, shatar and cenarion expedition) for a blue pvp set, or honor grinding for season 2 armor.

but if you're not even 70 yet, I don't think you'd do the pvp grind to get the season 2 armor since it takes a lot of time.

Alex

Oh! My Car! said:

In my last guild, I dont think we had a single person under 20, and our MT was like 45. PC games in general cater to an older crowd. But fiddling around in general chat channels and the such, during summer break you're bound to get largely dumbfucks.

I've never left my general or trade chat on, every time I made a character I turn 'em off right away.

yacobod

Banned
recovered my warlord orc warrior

he's a bit undergeared atm, since he hasnt been played since early season 2, but pretty nice, wont have to lvl a toon up to 55 for lich king now, and now i can titan's grip stormherald and hand of rag when the patch hits, lol

So, running around AB today on my friends rogue with slayer armor and both glaives was fucking awesome. Most other horde just followed me around while I soloed the alliance as they tried to run from me. :lol :lol

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Tamanon said:
Now that enchanters will be able to put their stuff on the AH, I may never turn on trade chat again.

Oh thats really nice, i heard that they would implement this like a year ago though, took a while.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
But how does it work? Say i have mats for an enchant, i put it on AH how? I select from a list of avail with the mats i have and it will automatically take the mats required from my inventory?

border

I dunno how that is going to work out for enchanters -- I bet that like almost any other profession, the raw materials will be worth more than the finished product.

Weenerz

Banned
It works just like a piece of armor, click on the enchant you want, then the piece of paper you get from inscription and bam, you got an enchant scroll of the mongoose or whatever you pick.

Tamanon

Banned
Buggy Loop said:
But how does it work? Say i have mats for an enchant, i put it on AH how? I select from a list of avail with the mats i have and it will automatically take the mats required from my inventory?

Basically you enchant a scroll that inscription makes, then another person can use the scroll.

JoeMartin

DarkAngelYuna said:
So, running around AB today on my friends rogue with slayer armor and both glaives was fucking awesome. Most other horde just followed me around while I soloed the alliance as they tried to run from me. :lol :lol

When we're in premades and we see glaives we make it priority number 2 (after winning) to kill that person as many times as possible.

Epix

The iPhone App "Warcraft Characters just got a awesome 2.0 update.

You can now see the items your character is wearing and reputation levels:

323437-photo3.jpeg

323436-photo2.jpeg

323434-photo.jpeg

323435-photo4.jpeg

Maybe I've just never noticed it before, but does everyone have a folder in their main WoW directory called 'WTF' ?

Just seems strange, inside are a bunch of .lua files. Just asking cuz hadn't been in there for a while and was adding an add-on and it seemed out of place...maybe it was always there though

mamacint said:
Maybe I've just never noticed it before, but does everyone have a folder in their main WoW directory called 'WTF' ?

Just seems strange, inside are a bunch of .lua files. Just asking cuz hadn't been in there for a while and was adding an add-on and it seemed out of place...maybe it was always there though

yeah, it holds your addon configs and stuff

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Oh! My Car! said:
According to this survey the average age of WoW players is just over 28. Dunno if that's accurate, but the monthly fee filters out most actual kids.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
mamacint said:

It doesn't stand for "What The Fuck?" it stands for "Warcraft Text Files." I guess they thought they were funny when they added it.

The WTF folder contains your interface settings so whenever you make a new character, copy the folder of one of your mains over the new character's folder, log in, and make sure you set an mods that have a profile option to the new one. If you use mods, that is.

Epix said:
The iPhone App "Warcraft Characters just got a awesome 2.0 update.

You can now see the items your character is wearing and reputation levels:

This is sick! I wish you could flick back and forth between pages. But he's done an amazing job so far!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's funny.

It took me 1 year to get my skinning up to 375.

Today, I took my herbalism from 0 to 375 in 8 hours. Hell fucking yes!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Weenerz said:
Anyone on Thrall US alliance side? My almost 66 hunter is on there.
Thrall US Horde here ;) "Seiken", I'll meet you on the battlefield, Hunter.

yacobod

Banned
Epix said:
Are there any PST realms that the Alliance can actually PvP well on?

tichondrius, blackrock, from my experience any server on the bloodlust battlegroup (bg9) is a good bet, alliance seems to win more there

shadowburn as well, alliance seems to win there as well, although not sure which server i would recommend

Epix

yacobod said:
tichondrius, blackrock, from my experience any server on the bloodlust battlegroup (bg9) is a good bet, alliance seems to win more there

shadowburn as well, alliance seems to win there as well, although not sure which server i would recommend
Thanks. I'm basically looking to transfer to a PST server with a good Alliance PvP record but most importantly, raiding guilds looking to recruit.

yacobod

Banned
Epix said:
Thanks. I'm basically looking to transfer to a PST server with a good Alliance PvP record but most importantly, raiding guilds looking to recruit.

cant go wrong with Tich or Blackrock then, both really high pop servers, lot of high end pve guilds, tons of pvp

Epix

yacobod said:
cant go wrong with Tich or Blackrock then, both really high pop servers, lot of high end pve guilds, tons of pvp
Coming from a PvE server I think I'd have to stick to another PvE server. Also, I'm making the assumption that the newer the realm the less established the guilds probably are and this the better chance I have of being adopted into a guild. Thoughts?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Oh! My Car! said:
You are never too old to play video games. And to me in WoW it feels like most of the people are in their 20s. Its just like someone else said, they don't talk in General Chat.

edit: with this new ability for enchanters being about to put stuff on the AH, does that mean I can send a enchant to another one of my characters and finally be able to enchat them too?

firex

yeah, the new enchants thing in wotlk basically lets you trade/mail/AH them. they should still have all the old level requirements, but it won't be like you need enchanting to use an enchant scroll on some equipment.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
firex said:
yeah, the new enchants thing in wotlk basically lets you trade/mail/AH them. they should still have all the old level requirements, but it won't be like you need enchanting to use an enchant scroll on some equipment.
awesome. It was always annoying having to go out and find someone to do it for my other characters when I had a character that had the profession.

bengraven

Anyone play Alliance with a good guild on US Lightbringer? Frankly I'd like to play our Alli alts over there more often but my RL friends prefer our Horde guild on Cenarius and I just want some people to hang out with. None of my characters is over 20 but you know, that's not the point...

Deeper into P1 on M'uru. 75%, but more importantly this was during 2 stable add spawn waves and even a Sentinel dragging cross-room. Next sunday should be P2.

Windu said:
You are never too old to play video games. And to me in WoW it feels like most of the people are in their 20s. Its just like someone else said, they don't talk in General Chat.

I occasionally do. Like, one guy was asking who <Ludicrous Speed> was, so I said "they're a bunch of jerks" that always brings people out of the woodwork I ain't seen in months on alts I didnt know they had. Or the time tonight when some kids regurgitated that Anal [n] thing again, I went "what? July again? Who's been screwing with the time machine?" etc. Nothing Carlin-quality, but it shuts up the brats.

yacobod

Banned
that phelps china farming post is funny

so on my orc warrior, who was probably idle for about a year, since early season 2

i've bought 5 vortexes and made my stormherald, farmed honor for s2 chest and vindicator's ring, and bought s3 legs

so toon is 4/5 s2, 1/5 s3, full veterans pvp gear, 20 resil pvp trinket

what i look to do next is farm more gold and get a red belt of battle crafted as s2 gear + stormherald is low on hit rating, and i can hold off farming for s4 belt

i guess i will save and buy guardian wrists, neck, and boots next

hope to do 2 karazhans to get enough badges for a bloodlust brooch, then the guy will be g2g for competitve pvp and wotlk leveling

i had a blizzard GM restore my 70 hunter, i deleted it when i thought i was going to quit the game, the toon has terrible gear like s2 crossbow, 2/5 s1, 2/5 s0 pvp, general's bracers, and vindicator's ring, rest is greens

i'm gonna try to gear it up a bit, maybe 1 kara a week for badges, do my pvp daily, and 10 games of arena, so the class will be serviceable for wotlk, in case i choose to play it then

i'm going to focus on PVE in expansion, probably save my warrior for tanking and hunter for raid dps, hopefully the 2 spec thing is true, so you dont have to constantly respec

has that been confirmed to be true?

As confirmed as the Fireball Will Have Knockback thing which turned out not to happen.

Honestly I'd expect it to just be a pre-set spec type thing that you still have to pay to switch to. Just so you don't screw up your spec.

So im back playing WoW, gonna hit 70 on my Druid before WAR comes out. Anyone have some recomendations for some good Druid addons? or usefull macros?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom