• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Big news from a blue post about the pre-Wrath patch.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9236465187&sid=1

We have outlined some of the larger features scheduled to release with the patch below:

New class spells and talents
Stormwind Harbor
Barbershops in capital cities
Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades
Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
Guild calendar
Hunter pet skill revamp
New profession: Inscription

As mentioned above, this is not a comprehensive list, just some of the major highlights. We’ll post the full patch notes as soon as they’re available. Regarding Inscription, please note that all Burning Crusade players will be able to select Inscription as one of their two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players who purchase and install the expansion will be able to continue leveling in Inscription and the other professions beyond 375.

Excellent news that inscription will be available to BC players beforehand. That'll be good to be able to get it leveled up before the expansion:)

Alex

TurtleSnatcher said:
My Warlock hit 22 or 23 last night..

With this recruit a friend stuff.. it is so easy to level..

I've skipped so many quests because I get so over-leveled so quickly in certain areas.. Its pretty nice.

I only started on Saturday and play about 3 hours a night too

Yeah, I finished mine a bit ago. 32 hours to 60. Very nice, will never be able to level a character in Azeroth without this system again. :lol

My warlock was 22.. not 23.. But im now almost 24 and been only playing 1.5hrs since I logged :eek:

BTW - Zepplin Towers outside Org and Tirisfal ??

I dont get that update.. that already exists?

EDIT: Guessing to Northrend?

Chris R

Alex said:
Yeah, I finished mine a bit ago. 32 hours to 60. Very nice, will never be able to level a character in Azeroth without this system again. :lol
That kinda makes me angry. Not everyone has friends who don't already play, or who can pay for two accounts a month, so why should they get to level to 60 in under a day and a half when it takes normal people about five or six. Should give you the exp rate if you already have two 70s or something

Alex

Rhfb: I agree wholeheartedly, that doesn't mean I won't abuse this shit to the fullest though. While I praise them for making an actually enticing recruit system, it's so fucking potent and Azeroth is so archaic that it should really have gone another direction.

Azeroth is just plain painful nowadays, ugh! If I wasn't dinging every time I sneezed with fucking massive exp quests, I'd never level another character again.

On another note, just used our grant-a-levels... Our new, 10 minute old Warlock is level 60.. :lol

I'm building a new system in a few days and the recruit a friend leveling stuff sounds really cool. It sounds like it would cost more money than I think it's worth though.

I'm leveling a Hunter right now since I really don't have much to do on my Rogues. It's level 45 right now and I'm in the Hinterlands. Azeroth is truly a pain to level in these days. It's nearly impossible to get an instance group. The place is even more dead than it was 6 months ago while I leveled my BE Rogue. Also, I didn't notice as much last time since I did so much PVP for gear and got more instance groups but, the quest loot in Azeroth is total shit. I mean, I get a cloak with better stats than Fenrus Hide 20 levels later in STV? C'mon.

I wonder if I'll get any normal difficulty instance groups in Outland this time around. It was already hard getting a group 6 months ago.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
For the TBC release, we could buy the epic flying mount that costed like 7k gold.
I'm wondering how much we'll need to have for Wrath?

firex

The same. Personally I think my 2k gold on my shaman will be enough when added in with Northrend quests to have an epic flyer by 77.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
firex said:
The same. Personally I think my 2k gold on my shaman will be enough when added in with Northrend quests to have an epic flyer by 77.
No I was thinking if there will be a new thing to buy for the same amount of money in Northrend.

firex

for what? To use flying mounts you just go on a quest. but now that you mention it, I bet they have some kind of epic moneysink, like with the super expensive 22 slot bags sold in the regular game right now.

Yoshichan

firex said:
for what? To use flying mounts you just go on a quest. but now that you mention it, I bet they have some kind of epic moneysink, like with the super expensive 22 slot bags sold in the regular game right now.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. "Balancing the economy", so expect like 24 slot bags or something :p

Weenerz

Banned
I plan on doing the recruit a friend with another account, sharing the same name and powerleveling the crap out of some toons and when the 90 day triple xp thing is over with, I'll just transfer the toons to my main account.

winnarps

Weenerz said:
I plan on doing the recruit a friend with another account, sharing the same name and powerleveling the crap out of some toons and when the 90 day triple xp thing is over with, I'll just transfer the toons to my main account.

Does this promotion work if the main/inviting account is disabled?

Basically what I want to do is "invite-a-friend" to a new account using my old, de-activated account, then level up a brand new character on the new account (and then subsequently transfer the new char over to the old account, re-enable the old account, and continue on; disabling the new account). Does the extra level stuff still show up on the old account?

Or what's the best way to do this? Apparently a good friend of mine has jumped into this game recently and I wanna get up to level70 as quick as possible on his server (unable to transfer any of my existing chars to his).

winnarps

Weenerz said:
You only get triple the xp if you're grouped with the person who invited you. So doing what you plan is worthless.

Well, don't you also get 1 level to grant to any character per 2 levels you level up with as the new char?

So if I level up the new char 1-60 on the new account, the old account gets 30 levels to grant to any character, right?

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
Rhfb: I agree wholeheartedly, that doesn't mean I won't abuse this shit to the fullest though. While I praise them for making an actually enticing recruit system, it's so fucking potent and Azeroth is so archaic that it should really have gone another direction.

Azeroth is just plain painful nowadays, ugh! If I wasn't dinging every time I sneezed with fucking massive exp quests, I'd never level another character again.

On another note, just used our grant-a-levels... Our new, 10 minute old Warlock is level 60.. :lol

are you dual boxing? or actually leveling, are you power leveling with a 70 to make it even faster? i was thinking bout gettin another account to do this, but i wasnt sure, is it really that easy?

Alex

yacobod said:
are you dual boxing? or actually leveling, are you power leveling with a 70 to make it even faster? i was thinking bout gettin another account to do this, but i wasnt sure, is it really that easy?

Nah, just standard leveling with a friend. No power leveling or any tricks, didn't do any instances at all. Just pure questing.

Went Azuremyst > Bloodmyst > Darkshire > Dwarf quests in Wetlands > Arathi/Hillsbrad mix > Mudsprocket > Hinterlands > Tanaris > Searing Gorge > WPL > Winterspring.

Considering we used a lousy combo (Warrior/Ret Paladin in Azeroth = fucking torture) I see no possibility of someone who knows what they're doing taking more than 35ish hours.

To top that off, you also get those free grant-a-levels. We had two characters on the new account we leveled, so we insta'd a Warlock to 60. But even if you only do the one, you can take a character to 30 and insta-it to 60.

Alex

The newbie account gains a free level to grant each time it levels twice. You can only grant them to the veteran account, and they stop accumulating past 60 (I think). The specific newbie account character that earned them has to grant them, and the target must be of a lesser level, and you cannot grant someone past 60.

Actually, I remember reading it was technically 29 levels to grant per newbie account character leveled total, or something, due to how the initial two worked or something. You might also hear that they vanish once you hit 60 if you haven't spent them, but that is very much incorrect.

The best way to use these levels if you had just grinded up one character, would be taking a new character on the veteran account, leveling it up to 31, then granting all of the free levels to it, instantly making it 60.

We took two characters that were leveled in the program on the new account, and instantly took a level 3 Warlock to 60. It was pretty hilarious really.

Weenerz

Banned
Well this sucks, when I created my account long ago, I used a fake name, as I was being retarded. And since I forgot the last name of the fake name I used, I can't make the second account characters transferable with my main account. Damn you all!

Alex said:

Lucky you.. I am dual boxing and my 2nd box doesnt do "collection" quests.. he just follows.. so every once in a while I have to give him a lvl..

He is 21 and I've given him 2 lvls.. so by the time he is 60 I should have given him about 10-15.. the rest will go to a 53 paladin I have.. and a 47 shaman :p

edit: I give the dual box lvls because he has to be within 4 lvls or the bonus xp doesnt work.. Just to clue people in.. I have a lvl 44 that will go on follow once I get to that point.

Lynx DOWN!!

I am shocked that this guild has made it 3/6 through ZA in 3 tries since we always have 1 or 2 people with us who still have greens

Next up tomorrow - Dragonhawk........hopefully people are on their toes

We seem to have trouble with people not moving in time

Weenerz

Banned
Took me about an hour to get my 2 toons to 12, would have been faster but I was doing all the gathering quests too. Love this triple xp.

God damn I need to get my buddy who just sold his account back into WoW at least for a month lol

But for all we know they may include some way to roll new toons at level 55 or something in the expansion or in a future patch

BigJonsson said:
Lynx DOWN!!

I am shocked that this guild has made it 3/6 through ZA in 3 tries since we always have 1 or 2 people with us who still have greens

Next up tomorrow - Dragonhawk........hopefully people are on their toes

We seem to have trouble with people not moving in time

Dragonhawk is SUCH a pain. Make sure your guild studies up on the fight and can afford some hefty repair bills.

dave is ok said:
Let me recruit you!

I dont even have the game installed fully yet, so I have no idea what this means :(

BTW I am from Europe so I will have to be on that server, that will probably cause some probs to your plan

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Keyser Soze said:
I dont even have the game installed fully yet, so I have no idea what this means :(

BTW I am from Europe so I will have to be on that server, that will probably cause some probs to your plan
I dont think you need to be on the same server, but I'm not sure if you can recruit people playing other in countries, oh well

Yoshichan

Keyser Soze said:
So I just bought WoW today... will be my first experience of an MMO ever... goodbye life!
Oh my... enjoy!

Tamanon

Banned
Think I'm going to switch my mage back to Frost, and then go full 61 frost points when 3.0 hits. All that synergy is just insane. Think I'll also be dropping Enchanting for Inscription to go with Tailoring. With the whole ability to buy enchants on the AH now, there's not much need.

Also, Blizz really needs to give Mages the ability to rename their water elemental.

So, I have being hit with a 1.2GB download after installing WoW + Buring Crusade (which I had lying around since last year for some reason).

1GB is a 4+ hour download for me :(

I HAVE FOUR HOURS OF FREEDOM LEFT!!!

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah....the first install is kinda a bitch, you'll probably also have another 400 meg patch after that, hehe. It could be worse, Final Fantasy XI took me 13 hours to install a couple months back!

witness

So I got my enhance shammy to 70 yesterday and now I've been saving up honor for the s2 fist weapon. Going in these bg's with only the blue honored gear from all the factions is frightening :lol

I just try to rush after all the big boys in s2+ gear get in there so no one is paying attention to me, I usually spend most of my time purging buffs away and earth shocking heals and casters. Totally different to have to actually get in someone's face for pvp than it is with my hunter just standing far away unloading. I do really enjoy it though.

Oh and WTB a shorter ally AV que.....

Yoshichan

Tamanon said:
Yeah....the first install is kinda a bitch, you'll probably also have another 400 meg patch after that, hehe. It could be worse, Final Fantasy XI took me 13 hours to install a couple months back!
Half a day for me too... fucking sick.

Weenerz

Banned
I hear ya on the AV queues being bad, it's about a 20 minute wait per game on Eonar (I went back home after so many months of trying to enjoy another server). I usually just do EOTS or something to get the losing mark inbetween AVs.

Also, how long does this trial thing last, I paid up for the 2 months on the recruit a friend thing, but I still can't trade the other account bags or have him join a guild. He can't even use the AH, so I'm almost lvl17 with the same weapon I got when I created him. Bleck!

CassSept

Tamanon said:
Nah, 1.2 GB is patch 2.4 and after that only maybe max. 100 MB.
Enjoy WoW :p!

PS. FINALLY, FINALLY vanquisher bracers dropped for us again. God damn it, 3 vanqs on 7 kills, shit load of conquerors, it was like BT all inverted :/ But today, finally, praise the god, 3 vanquishers! Means I can finally wear produly my Cursed Vision of Sargeras:D

witness said:
So I got my enhance shammy to 70 yesterday and now I've been saving up honor for the s2 fist weapon. Going in these bg's with only the blue honored gear from all the factions is frightening :lol

I just try to rush after all the big boys in s2+ gear get in there so no one is paying attention to me, I usually spend most of my time purging buffs away and earth shocking heals and casters. Totally different to have to actually get in someone's face for pvp than it is with my hunter just standing far away unloading. I do really enjoy it though.

Oh and WTB a shorter ally AV que.....

I just got the seer's ringmail and a blue mace and shield and went resto until I got enough honor to go full on with my elemental gear. Did the same with my pally with holy for ret gear. Healing is much less gear dependant and you'll feel like you're contributing to the team more. Hell, I would reguarly outheal ppl in full s2/s3.

For best results wait until you have every single piece of gear before you switch back to enhance. It's so satisfying.

Kintaco

Alex said:
The newbie account gains a free level to grant each time it levels twice. You can only grant them to the veteran account, and they stop accumulating past 60 (I think). The specific newbie account character that earned them has to grant them, and the target must be of a lesser level, and you cannot grant someone past 60.

Actually, I remember reading it was technically 29 levels to grant per newbie account character leveled total, or something, due to how the initial two worked or something. You might also hear that they vanish once you hit 60 if you haven't spent them, but that is very much incorrect.

The best way to use these levels if you had just grinded up one character, would be taking a new character on the veteran account, leveling it up to 31, then granting all of the free levels to it, instantly making it 60.

We took two characters that were leveled in the program on the new account, and instantly took a level 3 Warlock to 60. It was pretty hilarious really.

So if I ding 60 on my RAF account he can still gift my main to 60? So in essence, if I level my main account to 31.99 then gifting him to 60, and then doing a quest or two would ding him 61?

Alex

Kintaco said:
So if I ding 60 on my RAF account he can still gift my main to 60? So in essence, if I level my main account to 31.99 then gifting him to 60, and then doing a quest or two would ding him 61?

Yes to the former but I'm unsure of the latter half. I doubt it though, I think it'd just keep the EXP value rather than the percentage.

Kintaco

I gifted my mage to 99.8% into 59 thinking I couldn't gift to 60, but if you say that you can gift to 60 then this will also be the case.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Keyser Soze said:
So I just bought WoW today... will be my first experience of an MMO ever... goodbye life!
grats.

you better pick horde or I will hate you.

flsh

Banned
Guys, Im thinking about going arena 2v2 with a friend (Im frost mage, he's a rogue with mixed points). Would it be better to get PVP epics and than go arena, or straight into arena since those epics are better suited to PVP and will replace the BG epics?

yacobod

Banned
flsh said:
Guys, Im thinking about going arena 2v2 with a friend (Im frost mage, he's a rogue with mixed points). Would it be better to get PVP epics and than go arena, or straight into arena since those epics are better suited to PVP and will replace the BG epics?

go straight in, gettin some points every week, is better than getting 0

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
flsh said:
what weenerz and yacobod said.

start working towards the easier to get season 2 gear with honor, and do arenas each week to start getting points. get any season 4 stuff when you can.

as your gear gets better and as you practice you'll start winning more arenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom