• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

BigJonsson said:
Hah

I'm 3/9 Black Temple now :p

Got into a new guild and was thrown right into the fire lol
Shade of Akama is just random thrash with wrongly labelled level :p
In BT Gurtogg is the first harder boss. But yeah, none of Mh/BT bosses are nearly as hard as SWP ones ^_^

firex

hmm. I can't decide between honor farming on my pally for the s2 2h sword and going heavy ret in 3.0 to get badges as dps/cc for the epic bracers/belt/boots (unless there are good upgrades at like level 72 in wotlk, but I doubt it considering how far between upgrades for those slots you go in tbc) or just going prot and relearning how to tank and probably getting bitched at for my gear not being all purples.

winnarps

Jesus, this RAF stuff is insane. Dual boxing with a Male Draenei Warrior (named Taanke) and a Female Human Priest (named Spaanke). :D

First time dual boxing, too. It's fun. Like an RPG with a party going, 'cept it's a MMO.

And yeah, I'm doing all the quests normally, not skipping any so far unless they grey out, and I've been getting 1200-1500 per in the later quests in Elwynn. Hoooollllyyy shit it's awesome.

So as long as these 2 accounts are linked, can I level up another duo with the same triple xp/summoning bonuses after I get my first 2 to 59 (stopping there in case dinging 60 turns off the bonuses)?

My plan would be to get 2 duos (4 chars total) to 59, then use the 2 newbie chars to grant levels to a fresh char and get a 5th to 59.

Kintaco

winnarps said:
Jesus, this RAF stuff is insane. Dual boxing with a Male Draenei Warrior (named Taanke) and a Female Human Priest (named Spaanke). :D

First time dual boxing, too. It's fun. Like an RPG with a party going, 'cept it's a MMO.

And yeah, I'm doing all the quests normally, not skipping any so far unless they grey out, and I've been getting 1200-1500 per in the later quests in Elwynn. Hoooollllyyy shit it's awesome.

So as long as these 2 accounts are linked, can I level up another duo with the same triple xp/summoning bonuses after I get my first 2 to 59 (stopping there in case dinging 60 turns off the bonuses)?

My plan would be to get 2 duos (4 chars total) to 59, then use the 2 newbie chars to grant levels to a fresh char and get a 5th to 59.
You sure can, I'm working on my second set right now. My first is a Shaman/Druid sitting at 59 and my second set is a Warrior/Pally sitting at 30 atm. But what I did was level another character to 31 then gift her to 59 (wasn't sure I could gift to 60), so I plan on doing that to another toon once these two hit 59.

Guys, after 2 casters I want to create a melee character and decided it to be Warrior, just wanna smash faces once in a while ;)

Question is, what race would you people recommend? (Horde side only please)

winnarps

Melhisedek said:
Guys, after 2 casters I want to create a melee character and decided it to be Warrior, just wanna smash faces once in a while ;)

Question is, what race would you people recommend? (Horde side only please)

Comes down to personal preference really, but if you're going by racials: PvP- Undead, PvE- Tauren

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Scrow said:
not until WOTLK comes out! use it while you can overpowered warriors!
Oh we're still overpowered, even without it. And when WotlK is released, hell breaks lose with warriors.

Kweh

What are some good healer add-ons for a druid? I just hit 70 after being Feral all the way, and am working on my pvp gear so thought I'd try out some healing.

firex

bind every single hotkey to lifebloom. instant win!

actually, I don't know if there are any really good healer addons. what I usually did in BGs as a resto shaman was pull out groups 1-3 and click on them, except in AV.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
firex said:
bind every single hotkey to lifebloom. instant win!

actually, I don't know if there are any really good healer addons. what I usually did in BGs as a resto shaman was pull out groups 1-3 and click on them, except in AV.
I have a lower lvl holy priest who I play in BGs while I lvl. I switch the Tab key to select non-enemies. Works pretty good.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kweh said:
Tab switches between enemies I thought?
yeah at the default settings. You can change it though.

and yeah i might look into healbot. Before I couldn't use many mods since my computer sucked, now I have a new one so they should work fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So yeah, I just hit myself so hard on my cheek that my teeth are gonna fall apart.

I had 74k honor today when I started farming (AV weekend) today.

I spent 13 fucking hours, non-stop, farming.

By the end of the day (2 minutes ago), I checked my honor and saw that I only had 75k (increase with 1k).

Then I asked /2 how this is possible and they were like "LOL, IT'S THE CAP!"...

13 hours of my life.

yacobod

Banned
Seiken said:
So yeah, I just hit myself so hard on my cheek that my teeth are gonna fall apart.

By the end of the day (2 minutes ago), I checked my honor and saw that I only had 75k (increase with 1k).

13 hours of my life.

ROFL

im sorry bro but that is too funny

witness

Seiken said:

13 hours of my life.

:lol

Thats awesome! You don't check your honor after each game?

Kweh said:
What are some good healer add-ons for a druid? I just hit 70 after being Feral all the way, and am working on my pvp gear so thought I'd try out some healing.

Grid +ag_unitframes. It calculates crossfaction aggresion like mob aggro so you have a red dot to keep attention on for Swiftmend, PW:S, etc. Everything else is learned once you get a feel for the flow of battle and watching casts and That One Rogue.

Tab for enemies.. and I think Shift tab for um.. friendlies?

Get healbot :)

Tab is "Enemy pet 1 gnawing my ass, Enemy pet 2 gnawing my ass, Enemy pet 1 gnawing my ass..." Or, the sheep if you try and wand.

Healbot is the Segway of healing. Been against it since the beginning; too automated, it distances one from the action. Make your own macros that you feel comfortable with yourself.

Hero

Seiken said:

13 hours of my life.

Wow. How did you not know this?

Kweh

SatelliteOfLove said:
Grid +ag_unitframes. It calculates crossfaction aggresion like mob aggro so you have a red dot to keep attention on for Swiftmend, PW:S, etc. Everything else is learned once you get a feel for the flow of battle and watching casts and That One Rogue.

Tab is "Enemy pet 1 gnawing my ass, Enemy pet 2 gnawing my ass, Enemy pet 1 gnawing my ass..." Or, the sheep if you try and wand.

Healbot is the Segway of healing. Been against it since the beginning; too automated, it distances one from the action. Make your own macros that you feel comfortable with yourself.

Thanks, just looked at Grid, exactly what i wanted!

VaLiancY

Seiken said:

13 hours of my life.

Man that's brutal. So do you prefer 9mm or the .45 to shoot yourself?:lol

Well...at least you got 1k.

Yoshichan

yacobod said:
ROFL
im sorry bro but that is too funny
Well I just woke up (12 hour sleep for the win) and now that I think about it, it is actually quite funny.
witness said:
Thats awesome! You don't check your honor after each game?
I do it twice per day. First I check before actually entering my first AV. Second time I check right before I go to sleep (often 12+ hours later) :(
Hero said:
Wow. How did you not know this?
I've never, in my life, had 75k honor...
VaLiancY said:
Man that's brutal. So do you prefer 9mm or the .45 to shoot yourself?:lol
Well...at least you got 1k.
:( :( :(

mileS

So is the 3.0 patch going to change +healing to spell power?

my shaman just got 70 and I want to start healing for heroics. If i go ahead and get the s2 healing mace i'm hoping by the time 3.0 comes out i can use it for elemental. Man its going to be great not having to worry about getting gear for both... I like switching back and forth specs and being able to use mostly the same gear would help a ton.

flsh

Banned
Can enchanters finally sell enchants on the AH with scrolls in 3.0?
Or, more importantly, can I finally enchant my alts? :lol

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
SO a Pally friend of mine needs to get his weekly quota of Arena matches in and begs me to help him do 10 quick 2v2 matches. Emphasis on begs cause he knows I hate the Arena.

After doing 10 matches, I still do not understand the appeal. I hate how it is basically a burst damage & healfest. I just go in guns blazing and hope for the best.

I see people do this for hours and hours on end. Over and over and over....ugh. I suppose to each his own..hehe. I just need to give it more time I am told. But I just don't like how it forces a certain playstyle.

Ah well....I guess at least now I officially have 10 rated 2v2 matches under my belt.

EDIT : I was on my Frost Mage btw...if that matters.

Juice

So I played AV for about 2 hours today and went I think 2-7, earning maybe a total of 2500 HP.

At a rate like that, how is anyone supposed to get to the 75k cap? What can I do to maximize the honor I earn at AV (aside from switching to horde)

Alex

Drinking should probably be removed from arena, and a few classes should have their regeneration models looked at. What they did with AOTV on Hunter was brilliant and it should be spread around. Be nice to have mana bars not be a crippling aspect you have to complete devise a combat scenario around.

Although I'll admit I get a sick kick out of PI'ing myself and completely scorching someones mana pool on my Priest. Of course, I'd feel even better if Disc Priest efficiency was 1/5th as good as my Paladin and my Druid. At least in LK Rapture and spirit on PvP gear will help that.

I like arena a lot other than the drain game, 5v5 mostly our S2 4 DPS team was a ball, fairly awkward and we still managed Gladiator on it. Our S3 team was fucking boring since it was based around typical formulas.

flsh

Banned
Juice said:
So I played AV for about 2 hours today and went I think 2-7, earning maybe a total of 2500 HP.

At a rate like that, how is anyone supposed to get to the 75k cap? What can I do to maximize the honor I earn at AV (aside from switching to horde)

Doing dailies, exchanging tokens, farming at the weekends.
I made 27k honor in 1.5 day by doing the 2 dailies, playing AV a LOT and exchanging tokens a lot.
If I just farm for the sake of farming I can get a lot of XP fast.
Besides, once you get to know the games and you have a good team, the BG games are a lot of fun. I like them a lot more than most instances. Sometimes I don't want a certain piece but realize I have the honor and tokens that making the last push would be very easy.

Admittedly though, would be quite nice to change the exchange system a bit. Would be really nice to exchange X honor for 1 token :) That way if the piece you want needs a lot of tokens from a game you dislike, you could avoid it. Would give more reason to get closer to the cap really.

flsh said:
Doing dailies, exchanging tokens, farming at the weekends.
I made 27k honor in 1.5 day by doing the 2 dailies, playing AV a LOT and exchanging tokens a lot.
If I just farm for the sake of farming I can get a lot of XP fast.
Besides, once you get to know the games and you have a good team, the BG games are a lot of fun. I like them a lot more than most instances. Sometimes I don't want a certain piece but realize I have the honor and tokens that making the last push would be very easy.

Admittedly though, would be quite nice to change the exchange system a bit. Would be really nice to exchange X honor for 1 token :) That way if the piece you want needs a lot of tokens from a game you dislike, you could avoid it. Would give more reason to get closer to the cap really.

And not rolling Horde on Cyclone.

Seriously, its Goddamn PvP Kindergarten in here.

Alex

Yeah, I wish they wouldn't force you to use all mark types for BG related stuff. I wouldn't mind if they just let you split WSG/EOTS/AB/SotA (Strand of the Ancients) in LK and exclude AV since so many people leech and farm AV into the floor.

Weenerz

Banned
To clarify the RAF confusion, when you grant your account a level, you get an exact level. I granted my paladin a level, he was 4 bars from hitting the next before I granted and was 4 bars from hitting the next after granting. So it seems you could be 1xp from lvl60 and get granted a level and hit almost 61.

Alex

Damn, I wish I knew that before! But I'm just going to wait to do the other 10 levels on my Lock when they cut the BC exp down 30% anyway.

flsh

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
And not rolling Horde on Cyclone.

Seriously, its Goddamn PvP Kindergarten in here.

Its the same on every server really :(
I stopped caring, since every time I ask in chat who is going to defend half the people say "you do lol nub" and the rest say "mage buff mage table k".
Or, my favorite, people saying to forget flags in EotS and just get 4 bases. Since when does that work? If we don't get the flags, they think they magically disappear? By the time we get 4 bases the other team wins just from flags.

Also, hunters not putting traps on flags in WSG, rogues not wanting to guard the flag although they are the best class for it..
I'm not going to be the flag carrier as a mage, I know I'll never be first because no matter how much damage, the shaman or druid will bring the 3 flags. I accept that. Surely other classes can see what their role is in the games. I keep playing hoping to get a good team, because when that happens PVP is awesome.
Only way to properly enjoy the BG games is to make a premade team, really.

CassSept

BigJonsson said:
God damn fucking Gorefiend

Holy cockblock
Cockblock? Nah, more like BT's version of retard check. Just remember to not use AoE if you can't control the constructs. If you do simple shackle + lance on every mob twice, shackle again and lance again you should be able to kill all constructs before they reach the first pillar.
Though, tbh, first Teron kill will probably achieved when you have luck with good people getting constructs :p

CassSept said:
Cockblock? Nah, more like BT's version of retard check. Just remember to not use AoE if you can't control the constructs. If you do simple shackle + lance on every mob twice, shackle again and lance again you should be able to kill all constructs before they reach the first pillar.
Though, tbh, first Teron kill will probably achieved when you have luck with good people getting constructs :p

And no pressure...

I'm fully convinced 90% of the wipes via constructs on this guy is due to someone(s) flaking out into a rictus of anxiety and not being able to remember shit.

CassSept said:

I'm missing the next attempts cause I'm working

But we did get Kaz down in MH.......well, Thrall got him down as most of us watched from our corpses

CassSept

SatelliteOfLove said:
And no pressure...

I'm fully convinced 90% of the wipes via constructs on this guy is due to someone(s) flaking out into a rictus of anxiety and not being able to remember shit.
Yeah this. I remember how scared I was when I first got the constructs. I went to spot killed ghosts and well, that was it? Just relax, it's really not that hard.
I'm missing the next attempts cause I'm working

But we did get Kaz down in MH.......well, Thrall got him down as most of us watched from our corpses
That reminds me of our best Illidan kill. That was around beginning of July. Illidan on farm for two months, so everyone is relaxed and bored with whole BT. And we fucked up, majorly. We wiped on 1% and Maiev finished Illidan for us:lol
NPCs ftw!

yacobod

Banned
flsh said:
Or, my favorite, people saying to forget flags in EotS and just get 4 bases. Since when does that work? If we don't get the flags, they think they magically disappear? By the time we get 4 bases the other team wins just from flags.

actually you are wrong, taking 3 or 4 bases is way better than getting the flag

if you take 3 bases, you will not lose

Yea, both flag caps and bases are worth more the more bases you have. 3 bases more than doubles your gain per second. It's ridiculous how much it scales, you'd have to cap a flag like every 10 seconds to pull ahead of a team with 3 towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom