• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
yacobod said:
not really, if you enjoy playing fucking gay 30+ minutes matches where the only way you can win is draining the other team's blue bar, then go for it

good warrior/druid will not lose to hunter/druid, hunter/druid does not put out enough pressure to do anything

top 100 ranked 2v2 teams would love to disagree. Works just fine as long as the hunter isn't a scrub.

Weenerz

Banned
Holy crap at the xp for the A Donation of Runecloth quests in the major cities. They are worth 28k each with RAF, so my /played time for lvl50 on my toons was about 15 minutes since I did all 4 in the major cities and had a quick quest turnin.

DarkAngelYuna said:
top 100 ranked 2v2 teams would love to disagree. Works just fine as long as the hunter isn't a scrub.
You miss the point. Hunt/dru is fucking unbearable to play as. It really, really is. If you can stomach it, great, whatever, but a vast majority of the people I know hate it. Same story with hunt/dru/pri.

Son of Godzilla said:
You miss the point. Hunt/dru is fucking unbearable to play as. It really, really is. If you can stomach it, great, whatever, but a vast majority of the people I know hate it. Same story with hunt/dru/pri.
I prefer drain teams more than run in spamstring, ms, ww ms ms ms ww ww

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Weenerz said:
Holy crap at the xp for the A Donation of Runecloth quests in the major cities. They are worth 28k each with RAF, so my /played time for lvl50 on my toons was about 15 minutes since I did all 4 in the major cities and had a quick quest turnin.
!

I might try this out. didn't know it was that much xp.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Son of Godzilla said:
That's not even all. As a warrior I don't know what class to fear. It's like... well, nope I can kill them all. Maybe a healing sha/pal as they take a while to bring down. But something that's actually a threat to kill me? I don't think that exists.
how do you fare against Moonkin druids and Frost mages, both of which can kite really well and their magic ignore your armor?

Windu

Weenerz said:
Recruit a friend program. I made a second account and I am powerleveling alts. My pally/warrior duo are lvl53 and are at 1 day 11 hours /played.
oh damn, i didn't notice that you said RAF. :(

I hate you that have people to recruit. Everyone I know either already plays it or would never play it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
So i'm leveling my 61 rogue in hellfire with a mate from work (rogue) and his brother (frost mage) and this level 70 hunter aimed, arcane, and auto shots me in an instant. now you'd expect this ganking to be a massacre where my mates get raped too.... nope. they went on the direct offensive against this hunter and killed him. seriously.... wtf. two level 61's can out fight a 70 hunter in epics?

worst part is our gear is TERRIBLE. i'm in a few outland greens, but i'm still sporting a few level 20-30 greens. same is true for the other two.

anyway, we were going to corpse camp him but he never rezzed. we think he rage quit over getting beaten by two level 61's.

fast forward a couple of hours and a level 70 feral druid in full epics tries to gank the mage. the result...? we just wore him down and he was forced to go travel form and run back to the nearby alliance town.... FOUR TIMES! seriously... how can you be THAT bad?

yeah you guess it.... he's a keyboard turner which probably means he's also a clicker and doesn't have shit bound. i just constantly stayed behind him, while he turned around like a frigate.

morals of the story: use keybinds, turn with your mouse, and if a 70 tries to gank you and your mates don't turn tail and run. embarrass them.

probably the most fun i've had in WoW so far.

Weenerz

Banned
Windu said:
oh damn, i didn't notice that you said RAF. :(

I hate you that have people to recruit. Everyone I know either already plays it or would never play it.

No friends recruited, I made a second account for myself to powerlevel alts.

TheExodu5

Banned
Scrow said:
So i'm leveling my 61 rogue in hellfire with a mate from work (rogue) and his brother (frost mage) and this level 70 hunter aimed, arcane, and auto shots me in an instant. now you'd expect this ganking to be a massacre where my mates get raped too.... nope. they went on the direct offensive against this hunter and killed him. seriously.... wtf. two level 61's can out fight a 70 hunter in epics?

worst part is our gear is TERRIBLE. i'm in a few outland greens, but i'm still sporting a few level 20-30 greens. same is true for the other two.

anyway, we were going to corpse camp him but he never rezzed. we think he rage quit over getting beaten by two level 61's.

fast forward a couple of hours and a level 70 feral druid in full epics tries to gank the mage. the result...? we just wore him down and he was forced to go travel form and run back to the nearby alliance town.... FOUR TIMES! seriously... how can you be THAT bad?

yeah you guess it.... he's a keyboard turner which probably means he's also a clicker and doesn't have shit bound. i just constantly stayed behind him, while he turned around like a frigate.

morals of the story: use keybinds, turn with your mouse, and if a 70 tries to gank you and your mates don't turn tail and run. embarrass them.

probably the most fun i've had in WoW so far.

Awesome. :lol

Heh, even my 2 friends who are very good and experienced with the game do everything but their first 4-5 skills with clicks. That's what's making me think I can surpass them once I get geared and experienced enough (I just dinged 70). I have so many binds, from 1-7, shift1-5, ctrl1-5, and other binds for stealth, mount, food, etc... I barely do anything by clicking.

Daante

Might post here aswell to see if there is any people here who find this intresting! :)

"Guys i have decided to try get a solid, tight, mature and casual guild going for WOTLK, with focus on the 10 Man raid enviorment, with raiding 3 times a week 19.30/20.00-22.30/23.00 GMT +1 .
We already have paid website up with forums and everything, accepting both rerollers and x-realmers, atm all classes are open for recruitment.
Looking for people who are at least 18 years old, friendly and skilled but at the same time can have a good laugh if things go wrong in a raid or similar :) NO Hardcore
business here! , we expect everyone to have a REAL IRL!

Realm is not yet decided , send me a pm if you are intrested in joining or helping out with officer leadership running it all! "

explodet

That's kinda funny - I'm currently leveling up a tankadin with a boomkin friend, and at lvl 61 we both managed to kill a lvl 70 ret pally that attacked us last night.

Granted, as paladin and a druid we've got survivability up the yinyang, but it was still touch and go, and when he went down with moonfire spam we were having the time of our lives.

fid

Neo Member
So im 69, finally going to ding 70 soon on my rogue and I have around 63k honor saved. (only took a week :/) but for pvp I know i have to spec into sub but I have absolutely no idea about anything with that tree since ive been combat swords the whole time. Can anyone tell me the rotation for a sub rogue in pvp, juss a basic over view? and also, is there a diff between maces and swords? I know theres no mace stun but they look so much cooler haha :lol

fid said:
So im 69, finally going to ding 70 soon on my rogue and I have around 63k honor saved. (only took a week :/) but for pvp I know i have to spec into sub but I have absolutely no idea about anything with that tree since ive been combat swords the whole time. Can anyone tell me the rotation for a sub rogue in pvp, juss a basic over view? and also, is there a diff between maces and swords? I know theres no mace stun but they look so much cooler haha :lol

You don't have to be sub to be good at PVP. There are good combat and assassination PVP builds. Here is my build http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Kunoichi You might want to change some points around depending on your play style. The main points are to get things like Hemorrhage , deadliness, serrated blades, shadow step, 5 points in lethality, 5 points in sinister calling, ect.

I wouldn't call much of anything you do in PVP "rotation" like a slice and dice sinister strike rotation. You have to learn to react to your opponent. You have to develop the instincts. You can't always plan what's going to happen or what you're gong to be able to do. The best way to learn how to PVP with any class is to twink at every x9 level IMO.

There is no difference between the PVP swords and maces or fist weapons for that matter.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
fid said:

Sub is best pvp spec atm (some like mut but for starting out, spec sub). Here's the basic build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0eb0EZZxMjoMGRoxst

You can move a few around in the ass. tree, but the sub tree is pretty much standard.

The general opening rotation is cheap shot, hemo til 5 pts, kidney shot, then rape. Of course, if you premed, then you'll be at 5 pts long before cs wears off, so change your plan accordingly. Your main special attack will be hemo (instead of ss). Evis doesn't scale very well, so I rarely use it, but make sure you have snd up. Which attacks you use depend on who you are fighting and your fighting style (some like to expose armor, rupture, whatever). The main thing as a sub rogue is to control your opponent, not omfg leet dps them down. Use your blind to get out of combat and reopen.

There's no difference btw mace and swords for pvp with a sub build, but if you ever pve seriously, you'll want to go back to combat swords and sword spec is better than mace spec.

PvPing as a rogue is the most fun class in the game imo. Have fun :)

fid said:
You don't use rotations in pvp.. you learn to adapt. Best specs are mutilate or shs hemo depending on your team comp in arena. Combat is gimped no matter what for pvp.

fid

Neo Member
yeah i didnt really mean pvp rotations because theres no such things because of too many factors. Its just that I was looking at the sub tree and it just got confusing real fast but commish's post helped me out alot, thank you. Going from a druid to a rogue is harder than i thought :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
fid said:
yeah i didnt really mean pvp rotations because theres no such things because of too many factors. Its just that I was looking at the sub tree and it just got confusing real fast but commish's post helped me out alot, thank you. Going from a druid to a rogue is harder than i thought :lol

No prob.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
TheExodu5 said:
Awesome. :lol

Heh, even my 2 friends who are very good and experienced with the game do everything but their first 4-5 skills with clicks. That's what's making me think I can surpass them once I get geared and experienced enough (I just dinged 70). I have so many binds, from 1-7, shift1-5, ctrl1-5, and other binds for stealth, mount, food, etc... I barely do anything by clicking.
i change my A and D keys to strafe, so it's like the default FPS WASD controls. that frees up Q and E for twitch reaction abilities like Will of the Forsaken.

R and F are for abilities that I use every fight, like finishing moves.

1-4 are for less important abilities that don't need the quickest reaction times like sprint and evasion.

everything else is bound to my 9 mouse buttons. they're for the most common abilities like stealth, hemo, gouge, blind, mount, distract etc.

i don't bother with modifier keys like ctrl and shift. with those keyboard and mouse buttons that's usually all the abilities i need... if I'm running out of keys I can usually get around it with a macro.

i don't know how i ever played WoW as a clicker for 2 years.

Scrow said:
how do you fare against Moonkin druids and Frost mages, both of which can kite really well and their magic ignore your armor?
Moonkin can kite? Actually I don't think I've faced any actual moonkin, just restokins and most seem to love casting cyclone and entangling from well within melee range. I think maybe they just get used to getting wailed on as birds so don't bother running away or something. From my (limited) experience restokin are one of the easiest classes to pummel because they don't bother fake casting cyclone/roots, and they are incredibly telegraphed spells. Oh look, the druid is in line of sight in caster form and it's partner isn't about to die. Guess I should save my gcd for pummel.

Frost mages can be a bitch if I don't catch the rogue before it finds my partner. But again, the fear comes from my partner dying, not me.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
commish said:
There's no difference btw mace and swords for pvp with a sub build, but if you ever pve seriously, you'll want to go back to combat swords and sword spec is better than mace spec.
what about daggers? where do they fit in the PvP picture for rogues? good for PvP to do big ambushes and backstabs or is the overall dps from swords better?

commish said:
PvPing as a rogue is the most fun class in the game imo. Have fun :)
can't disagree with this. see my post above ;)

Son of Godzilla said:
Moonkin can kite?
entangling roots, cyclone, travel form and constant dispels of your hamstring.

yeah, i think they can kite.

edit: oh, i forgot about nature's grasp.

Weenerz

Banned
Got my RAF account to 60 yesterday and decided to take a break from leveling another set for a few days. Been playing the paladin I leveled along side the warrior and man it's effortless to take as a paladin.

Took me about a week, 2 days 3 hours /played to go 1-60. Not bad. Thinking of doing a priest/shaman combo next.

winnarps

Weenerz said:
Got my RAF account to 60 yesterday and decided to take a break from leveling another set for a few days. Been playing the paladin I leveled along side the warrior and man it's effortless to take as a paladin.

Took me about a week, 2 days 3 hours /played to go 1-60. Not bad. Thinking of doing a priest/shaman combo next.

So does the RAF link break when you hit 60?

Did 10 levels today 22-32 in a few hours, sitting at 15 hours /played with my warrior/priest combo.

I'm thinking druid/hunter or druid/shaman next.

I wanna do that second set to bring a 5th to 60 instantly, prolly a warlock. And then I'm done with RAF stuff. I'll move on to Outland and try to get as many to 70 as possible before WotLK.

Weenerz

Banned
Yea it stops at 60 for those toons, but when you make 2 more, it starts back up. Feels weird not having someone following me around :lol

TheExodu5

Banned
fid said:

How on earth have you saved up that much honor in a week? I get about 300-400 honor in 20 minutes doing AV, but always have to wait about 20-30mins to even get in one in the first place. I've been PvPing casually for the past few days and am getting like 2k honor a day. :(

TheExodu5

Banned
Scrow said:
what about daggers? where do they fit in the PvP picture for rogues? good for PvP to do big ambushes and backstabs or is the overall dps from swords better?

Thanks for the bind input...I forgot about tacking stealth to a thumb button on my mouse...that would free up my Q.

I'd also like knowing how daggers fit in the whole thing. I went on a Kara run 2 nights ago and got the Emerald Ripper (which was far better than the sword I had at the time). I got a nice 1.4 speed dagger to match it (Dirge I believe) and spec'ed into sub. I can at least get killing blows on casters now, but I still can't solo anyone basically. My dps output is just too low and I can't keep clothies stunned enough to take them down.

Is ambush even a worthwhile skill?

fid

Neo Member
TheExodu5 said:
How on earth have you saved up that much honor in a week? I get about 300-400 honor in 20 minutes doing AV, but always have to wait about 20-30mins to even get in one in the first place. I've been PvPing casually for the past few days and am getting like 2k honor a day. :(

My q's are around 1min? and games take 10-15mins with each game getting me around 300-500 honor and it was bonus av weekend and that always helps lol

TheExodu5

Banned
fid said:
My q's are around 1min? and games take 10-15mins with each game getting me around 300-500 honor and it was bonus av weekend and that always helps lol

I wonder why my queues are so long.

Also, it sucks, I don't have the little icon that shows you how long you have to enter BG...not sure how to get it back.

Windu

TheExodu5 said:
I wonder why my queues are so long.

Also, it sucks, I don't have the little icon that shows you how long you have to enter BG...not sure how to get it back.
Your queues are long probably because the other faction has alot less players than the one you are on.

Scrow said:
entangling roots, cyclone, travel form and constant dispels of your hamstring.

yeah, i think they can kite.

edit: oh, i forgot about nature's grasp.

Except ent roots/cyc would mean that they are trying to kill my partner, not me. Which just doesn't happen with kins. Plus on any map cept Nagrand I'd wager that I was the one kiting them, not the other way around.

Anyways, what I prophecized happened. We didn't even get our 10 games in on hunt/priest this week. The combo just seems so drastically improved in wotlk that it's like... we don't really want to bother with this shit anymore.

winnarps

Hey Weenerz (or anyone else dual-boxing RAF accounts)-

I'm assuming you have a friend or a high level alt fund the dual-boxing characters?

I rerolled on a new server and I've got one friend there that's on every so often, but other than that, I don't have any serious cash flow. He helped me get mount training at 30, but past that, keeping up with skill training is hard as hell. I'm only buying 'key' abilities for my warrior/priest combo, like heroic strike, battle shout, renew, heal, etc. Not bothering with defensive tree skills or pointless priest stuff like mind control. Still hard to keep up though.

But as soon as I hit Outland, I'll have no problem. Creating a nest egg on a new server is tough.

If anyone is thinking of leveling a new toon and RAF-ing with their main account, maybe you could hit me up and we could RAF. I can't really afford a new WoW account right now and would allow you to have all of the "give-able" levels I have on the toon I leveled with ya.

TheExodu5

Banned
Windu said:
Your queues are long probably because the other faction has alot less players than the one you are on.

I'm guessing you're Horde then? On Alliance, anytime we're not facing a premade on AV, we win easily, which leads me to believe either the Horde don't like playing AV, or the map is terribly one sided.

Weenerz

Banned
StormyTheRabbit said:
If anyone is thinking of leveling a new toon and RAF-ing with their main account, maybe you could hit me up and we could RAF. I can't really afford a new WoW account right now and would allow you to have all of the "give-able" levels I have on the toon I leveled with ya.

You still have to buy a regular wow account, or you're stuck on the 10 day trial account that can't level past lvl20.

Windu

TheExodu5 said:
I'm guessing you're Horde then? On Alliance, anytime we're not facing a premade on AV, we win easily, which leads me to believe either the Horde don't like playing AV, or the map is terribly one sided.
Yeah I'm Horde. We do win some but yeah Alliance wins most of the AV games on my server. I have heard of Horde winning most of the games on other servers so it probably just how well each side plays, not so much a map imbalance thing. (Although I think it favors the Alliance some, but not too much for the Horde to not be able to win.)

PatzCU

Technical question:

It's that time again to reformat my computer. The last time I attempted to do this with any degree of success, I failed so hard. I tried to copy my WoW profiles so there was virtually zero re-setup involved with my mods/keybinds/etc...

What specifically do I need to make a copy of? I'm fairly certain I tried copying the AddOn folder last time and dropped it again, but it didn't work.

Does anyone know what to do here? Much appreciated!

Rogosh

Epix said:
Why not just copy the entire "World of Warcraft" folder? You're going to have to reinstall it anyway.

Yeah, WoW is contained completely in it's folder, so it's very easy to move it around. I run mine off an external HD i can move around.

TheExodu5

Banned
Rogosh said:
Yeah, WoW is contained completely in it's folder, so it's very easy to move it around. I run mine off an external HD i can move around.

I didn't know this. That's great to know! I'll keep a copy on my external if every I need to move it around quickly.

PatzCU

Rogosh said:

Wait a second... You are saying I can copy the entire thing onto my external, reformat my computer, and then simple paste it back onto my hard drive... and it will run just like normal again?

I don't believe it

PatzCU said:
Wait a second... You are saying I can copy the entire thing onto my external, reformat my computer, and then simple paste it back onto my hard drive... and it will run just like normal again?

I don't believe it
Been doing that for years with wow, works fine :D

Epix

PatzCU said:

I don't believe it
Sure it will. The game itself is just those files after all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom