• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

This may be a stupid question (because I expect "no" as a common answer) but are any of the many WoW guides worth buying? There are like 5 different ones from Brady Games alone.

Weenerz

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
This may be a stupid question (because I expect "no" as a common answer) but are any of the many WoW guides worth buying? There are like 5 different ones from Brady Games alone.

Those guides aren't really useful because with the patches and changes blizzard does on the fly, not everything in the guides are up to date. What would you use it for? Quest help or what?

Blueblur1

Weenerz said:
Those guides aren't really useful because with the patches and changes blizzard does on the fly, not everything in the guides are up to date. What would you use it for? Quest help or what?
Well, my knowledge is really limited what I've learned so far at level 23 from the game. I'm worried about learning about dps, raiding and all that other stuff which seems to be the real meat of the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blueblur1 said:

There are more than enough online guides that update with the game.

Levelling
Professions

Blueblur1 said:
Well, my knowledge is really limited what I've learned so far at level 23 from the game. I'm worried about learning about dps, raiding and all that other stuff which seems to be the real meat of the game.
Thats more of a learning as you play kind of thing, you're in luck if you're starting to play right now, if you can get 70 before WotLK you'll be on just about the same page as everyone else.

Anyone with WoWmatrix know whats going on? most of my addon sites are down, and the ones I did update are still messing up. Goddamn lazy devs, 3.0.2 has been on PTR for long enough.

Weenerz

Banned
BTW, do not click unfamiliar links you see regarding WoW topics. You never know if one will be a keylogger. If you see a guide link or anything else like it, copy and paste into cool and see if it's malicious. wow-pro seems suspicious.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Weenerz said:
BTW, do not click unfamiliar links you see regarding WoW topics. You never know if one will be a keylogger. If you see a guide link or anything else like it, copy and paste into cool and see if it's malicious. wow-pro seems suspicious.

I used it all the way to 60, didn't do anything like that to me.

As always though be careful if a site is spoofing the normal worldofwarcraft.com domain.

If you're really worried, get the 6 dollar authenticator.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I got logged onto my server (Skywall), got a haircut and an achievement, but everything's moving at like 10fps.

Think I'll try tomorrow.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm stuck at authenticating again. Earlier I was able to get onto Bronzebeard, but not onto my horde side on Cenarion Circle. Wooo patch day:p

Blizzard should've just put up on their splash info:

"Really guys? I mean c'mon. Did you honestly think today was going to go smoothly? Quit'cher bitchin' and get in line."

Tamanon

Banned
yankeeforever2 said:
this is much worse then 2.0 day if I remember right, at least we where able to get on.

I dunno, 2.0 was pretty awful, even when you got on, you were knocked off rather quickly a lot of the time. I found that more frustrating than just not getting online.

And man, I didn't even notice that Inscription lets you make off-hand items and tarot cards for lower levels. Awesome stuff.:D

Blueblur1

I was able to get on and mess around with everything. Latency wasn't too bad and the frame rate was the usual. Got the haircut achievement as well.

Chris R

witness said:
Last time they increased 20-60 was about a year ago, and now with this patch they increasing 60-70 as well (reduced required level xp by 30% and increased quest reward xp by 30%).
so no, they didn't fix leveling speed. I wonder if all classes will get a free 55 now (rolleyes.gif)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Since when is patch not on Fileplanet day 1...

Blizz servers = CRAP.

Plus I hear the game is laggy as hell with all the traffic.

Open up some mirrors Blizz!

Weenerz

Banned
pxleyes said:
Well I have already lost 3 mounts and probably some other stuff thanks to the server crashes. Time to open up a ticket.

They said it was a UI issue and your stuff is still in the system, and to not send in GM tickets as it will delay GMs that are working on other issues.

border said:
Suggesting leveling specs for my Affliction Warlock and Warrior?

I slightly respecc my warlock from 70% affliction, 10% demonology, and 20% destruction to 60% affliction, 10% demon, and 30% destruction.

I wanted the extra DPS so i maxed out Bane and Improved Shadow Bolt.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I think I'm going to finally get off my butt and update my UI with the new patch. Any recommendations for a good one?

border

I went 51/5/5 for my Warlock, just because I wanna mess around with Haunt. Investing in Bane doesn't really seem like it is worth it, since Haunt is sorta meant to be a Shadowbolt replacement. I couldn't figure out what else to do with the 5 points though. Suggestions? I thought Bane was supposed to reduce Haunt cast time, but the tooltip says otherwise.

How about warrior specs? I've never done Fury before, but am thinking about Titan's Grip just because I can craft a second Stormherald and become a stunlocking monster. Previously I've only been MS/Arms.

Weenerz

Banned
border said:
I went 51/5/5 for my Warlock, just because I wanna mess around with Haunt. Investing in Bane doesn't really seem like it is worth it, since Haunt is sorta meant to be a Shadowbolt replacement. I couldn't figure out what else to do with the 5 points though. Suggestions? I thought Bane was supposed to reduce Haunt cast time, but the tooltip says otherwise.

How about warrior specs? I've never done Fury before, but am thinking about Titan's Grip just because I can craft a second Stormherald and become a stunlocking monster. Previously I've only been MS/Arms.

Stormherald is unique so you can't make two, but you can use a deep thunder (the mace before stormherald) and use them. Dunno which spec is better, I'm toying with it on my warrior now.

Xabora

Mr Nash said:
I think I'm going to finally get off my butt and update my UI with the new patch. Any recommendations for a good one?
My UI is from 2.4.0 before the update to 2.4.3. XD

I gotta wipe everything and port my WoTLK BETA UI over. :D

Tamanon

Banned
Paladins got a huge boost on all 3 trees this patch it seems.:lol

Fucking Cenarion Circle finally "comes up" and no NPCs are around. WOOT!

My gnome rogue looks badass now....whiite mohawk and huge beard

Killing spree is pretty hilarious when you use it on one target and they get roflstomped

And I like having less things to keep in my bags too

damn, im a afflic 70 lock, and the warlock forums on the official page are going apeshit :lol

locks are back to sucking again (vanilla WoW)? Ah well we had a nice 2 year run of being sweet in bc :lol

*rolls hunter*

I honestly cannot remember a time when the game was more unbalanced.

On my hunter in greens I can clear out an entire camp of 6+ enemies at once.

On my fury warrior in epics I have a tough time dealing with three simultaneous enemies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
ZombieSupaStar said:
damn, im a afflic 70 lock, and the warlock forums on the official page are going apeshit :lol

locks are back to sucking again (vanilla WoW)? Ah well we had a nice 2 year run of being sweet in bc :lol

*rolls hunter*

Yeah I wish I would of geared up an alt during TBC while farming sunwell. I'll probably start doing SMV quests on my old level 70 druid and make that my main. They seriously gimped our dps so bad :(

Kweh

SteveO409 said:
Yeah I wish I would of geared up an alt during TBC while farming sunwell. I'll probably start doing SMV quests on my old level 70 druid and make that my main. They seriously gimped our dps so bad :(

What are SMV quests?

SteveO409 said:

least you have a 70 alt, i only have a 60 priest (that i havent touched since right before bc came out) and a ...33 warrior... im fucked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom