• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

People have been complaining about Ret Paladins on the Beta forums for months now, it is absolutely stunning that Blizzard allowed 3.0 to go Live with those changes. It turned poor Ret. Pally players into dominant forces and anyone who was decent to great practically PVP gods. Anyone who is surprised at the nerf to their burst DPS is insane.

I hope mages are on the chopping block next. Arcane is seriously frustrating as hell to fight against.

CassSept

Oni Link 666 said:
I roflstomped Kara in a PUG tonight in 2 hours and 50 minutes. Curator went down in the first evocation, no CC on Moroes, 45 second Maiden, no deaths during the Big Bad Wolf fight ect. Serious WTF moment there. A rogue in quest greens and blues just stood there while BB Wolf wailed on her as little red riding hood and didn't go past 50% health. :lol
2h50m? That's... pretty long for Kara, even prenerf. Now I guess whole Kara should go down in around 1h-1h15m. Though I'm not THAT bored to go there just to check how fast it takes from attumen to prince .

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
On Alleria me and about 119 other Alliance Players just raided and killed the four horde leaders. We were on Thrall right now and actually crashed the server.

mb5wlc.png

15i5evc.png

World first since they've been at 83? Maybe.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Oh, yeah. It was awful. You couldn't even play properly. I was getting 5FPS, and not because of what was on screen... just because of lag.

All I could do (as a lock) was just spam dots onto the bosses over and over... about 1/15 would land, because they're so buffed now.

All anyone else was doing was spamming AOE heals and AOE dmg.

It wasn't fun really, lol.

CassSept said:
2h50m? That's... pretty long for Kara, even prenerf. Now I guess whole Kara should go down in around 1h-1h15m. Though I'm not THAT bored to go there just to check how fast it takes from attumen to prince .

I guess we're just not that 1337. :lol

Lain

I did the headless horseman today with my hunter before a server restart (we were able to summon him over and over so I guess that's why they restarted, but maybe I'm wrong) and he dropped shit almost every time (always the same caster rings) except on the third or fourth kill, when he dropped the Reins (which I won) and some other stuff.
Funny thing is only a couple hours ago I found out that the mount works both as a flyin mount and as a normal mount based on riding skill (I hadn't read the description carefully) so I can use both in the old world and fly around in outland. Pretty cool I must say!

Tamanon

Banned
Alright then, Shadow Priest glyphs definitely improved.

Priest
Glyph of Shadow - While in Shadowform, your spell critical strikes increase your spell power by 10% of your Spirit for 10 sec.
Glyph of Spirit of Redemption - All heals cast while Spirit of Redemption is active have a 20% chance to increase the remaining duration of Spirit of Redemption by 4 sec.
Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain - Increases the damage done by your Mind Flay spell by 10% when your target is afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain.
Glyph of Mind Soothe - Removed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, lemme just say that, as a paladin, ret is a bit op. I shouldn't be able to take on 2 or 3 people without much problem, but I am just smashing people down in seconds. Who knows - they probably suck (because I smash down other rets just as fast), but the dps we can do is a little crazy... and then you add in instant heals and our bubble, and I haven't lost a 1 on 1 fight yet. What's even worse for people is the fact that I have no idea how they can fix it without making drastic changes. I'm loving it, of course, but the whiners are justified.

Btw, I don't think a single holy pally is left on my server.

Second, PvE content is super easy. My guild did kara in under an hour, a group PUGGED Hyjal and downed all 5, etc etc. I guess it's great that people can see all the content of TBC if they weren't in an uber guild.

Kweh

I am astounded at the absurdly stupid change to Glyph of Souls. I am convinced Blizzard has no idea what to with with Warlocks anymore.

CassSept

GDJustin said:
On Alleria me and about 119 other Alliance Players just raided and killed the four horde leaders. We were on Thrall right now and actually crashed the server.

http://i33.tinypic.com/mb5wlc.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/15i5evc.png[IMG]

World first since they've been at 83? Maybe.[/QUOTE]
I guess not on Cairn, since nobody visits poor cow town ;p
But on others, quite possible.

I've killed Velen tonight with only one raid... but sigh, 20 minutes tank and spank (and he is tanked by some ranged dps) is boring, ally didn't even defend it. We quit after Tyrande since that's when whole ally raid came to counter our attempt at killing nelf queen ;<
But yeah, one boss down, 3 more left >.>

Chris R

Argh as much as I want to resubscribe to really check out 3.x, I know as soon as I did I'd hate myself. Blizzard made next to no improvements to mages, I never really did like my 63(maybe 64) SP, I still hate arena and wow's bgs in general are really lacking compared to what I can get in WaR, and leveling alts is still a pain :<

I guess the only real reason I would do it would be to get a paladin to 70, as its basically the only class I've never played, but this goes back to the alts are a pain to level point :|

I love my frost mage even more now in pvp. All the instants + deep freeze are fucking amazing if you have have a brain on how to use them. Only class that is hard to kill now is a retarding...but everyone else is pretty easy in duels and bgs. Been doing 2v2 arena with my rogue friend and we just blow shit up like no other, now if only they'd fix arena lag I'd do arena even more.

AeroGod

Was just playing 70 blood elf disc priest in AV. Me and like 4 others were at the stormpike GV capping it and a lonely human paladin comes running up. 10 seconds later all of us were dead and he was taking back Stormpike. That was the first time WoW made me say "holy Fuck" out loud since I saw Ragnaros emerge for the first time like 3 years ago.

*goes back to leveling his retadin*

Xabora

Made it to the Twin Emps... hunter released and ran back in at the end of the fight and bugged it so they wont respawn. XD

Gonna try for tomorrow.

2q9ifwk.jpg

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
lol so yesterday I got the Baron's mount in Strat on fist try....and today I got the Headless Horseman's flying horse mount on first try.

Any other rare mounts I can try for while my streak i hot?

CassSept

Mr Pockets said:
lol so yesterday I got the Baron's mount in Strat on fist try....and today I got the Headless Horseman's flying horse mount on first try.

Yesterday I went to ZG and raptor dropped, first time i've seen any rare mount drop o_O

Xabora

Mr Pockets said:

5 HH, no mount. :(

You got some weird luck sir.

Chris R

Xabora said:
Made it to the Twin Emps... hunter released and ran back in at the end of the fight and bugged it so they wont respawn. XD

Gonna try for tomorrow.
Best slash worst fight in the game IMO. And the funny thing is, nearly every single wipe can be attributed to hunters :lol

BT run tonight

So far

Akama down in 57 seconds
Teron down in 1 minute, 57 seconds
Gurtogg 2 minutes 25 seconds ........guild first kill, 2 shotted

yacobod

Banned
rhfb said:
Best slash worst fight in the game IMO. And the funny thing is, nearly every single wipe can be attributed to hunters :lol

AQ40 was a pretty bad raid instance, but twin emps and c'thun were such awesome boss fights

among the best in pre-expansion wow, now granted i didnt clear all of naxx, so i cant say, but those 2 encounters were almost good enough to justify that shitty instance

Hero

Twin Emperors encounter was definitely an interesting fight that really forced every person in the raid to do what they were supposed to and be on their game. It took a while for our hunters to stop hitting multishot as well.

Also, Protection for Warriors is pretty fun in PVP. Using Charge in any stance and in combat + extended 5 yard range from a glyph + Devastate proc refreshing a rageless Shield Slam + Shockwave = :D

Kletian

Are the rumors I've heard correct that they are hotfixing out the 20 Masks Achievement for Hallows end? To be fair I already have 6/20 but I really dont want my The Hallowed title rest on thes odd of one little bag of treats.

Kletian said:
Are the rumors I've heard correct that they are hotfixing out the 20 Masks Achievement for Hallows end? To be fair I already have 6/20 but I really dont want my The Hallowed title rest on thes odd of one little bag of treats.
Blue post A WEEK ago said they're removing that achievement in a patch soon.

Epix

Dinged my first 70 last night.

Q: To anyone that uses Auctioneer, I used to be able to Alt+Right click on an item in my bag and Auctioneer would do a quick AH search and update the price database. The 3.0.2 compatible Auctioneer no longer does this. Does anyone know how I get this feature back?

PatzCU

Kletian said:

The masks are out; however, you still need the helm and pet off HH. Are the rumors about letting the pumpkins grow in order to get the pet to drop true?

I did 8 HH yesterday and not one pet drop.

Well I'm sad. Turns out I can't solo HH as a hunter or a ret paladin. Was worth a shot. He tears my paladin a new asshole and I mend pet isn't enough to keep my pet up for more than two minutes or so.

Ramirez

I've seen the squashling drop twice out of about 20+ tries, lost both rolls. :lol

In other news, these achievements have me doing stuff I would have never done, like fishing and cooking. :p

VaLiancY

I hate you guys with Warbear mounts, my envy for that mount is so high. I felt so burnt when Blizzard said they would introduce a bear mount in Lich King...and it looks so lame. :lol

Weenerz

Banned
Today was strange for HH kills, 3 out of 5 kills had a squashling, after not seeing any for the previous 15 kills the 2 days before.

PatzCU

Weenerz said:
Today was strange for HH kills, 3 out of 5 kills had a squashling, after not seeing any for the previous 15 kills the 2 days before.

Do you have to do anything special to get them to drop, or do they just drop randomly no matter what?

Xabora

VaLiancY said:
I hate you guys with Warbear mounts, my envy for that mount is so high. I felt so burnt when Blizzard said they would introduce a bear mount in Lich King...and it looks so lame. :lol
Pfft, I have something better than a Warbear Mount.

w056wp.jpg

Guild thought I was crazy when I explained the method to get it. :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Weenerz said:

Whoa, exact same for me too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom