• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epix

The Lamonster said:
Can somebody explain or link about this zombie thing? What's going on?
Basically, it's a world event happening across the servers to start getting people excited about the lich king. Here's the details:

A World Event has started today for the release of Wrath of the Lich King. It come in the form of a Zombie attack! What’s cool though is the zombies aren’t NPC’s, they are YOU! There are a couple of ways to get infected, but once you have the infections if you go uncured for 10 minutes you turn into a zombie. As a zombie you will be hostile to everyone including your own home city.

The source of the disease are crates located in Booty Bay as seen in the image below (courtesy of WotLKwiki)

As a zombie you gain the a few skills that you can use to help spread the infection:

* Lurch!
* Retch!
* Beckoning Groan
* Mangle!
* Zombie Explosion!

If you die you will return to your normal self or if you get too close to a Argent Healer. You can also, of course, be cured by normal disease cleansing player spells. If you don’t die or get cured as a Zombie there is rumor of a debuff that is automatically added called Impending Doom that will kill you off.

FAQ

Q: How do I become a zombie?
A: Disease-infected crates are scattered throughout the cities of Azeroth, spreading a sickness that transforms its sufferers into zombies. And of course, when zombies attack, their victims can be afflicted by the disease as well.

Q: How do you stop being a zombie?
A: The disease can be cured by other players who can cast ‘Cure Disease’ or by special healer NPCs in the cities. Once the disease has run its course and a character has become a zombie, the only cure is death.

Q: Can I become a zombie again?
A: Yes.

Q: As a zombie, what are some things I can/cannot do?
A: You can no longer cast the spells/abilities that you had as a normal character, and formerly friendly NPCs now consider you an enemy. You can, however, cast new, unique zombie spells.

Q: Anything else I should know while being a zombie?
A: As a zombie, you are part of a special faction that is friendly with all zombies and can converse with them, regardless of whether they were part of the Horde or Alliance in their mortal existences.

Xabora

Son of Godzilla said:
I haven't logged on in a day or two... this is a fucking joke right?
a43ejo.jpg

BRAINS!

Pet Name: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339664

Well this morning I got the Halloween pet on THREE of my toons from trick or treat bags and the Helm on another.. I did not know they could drop from those bags :D

Xabora

DarkAngelYuna said:
Well this morning I got the Halloween pet on THREE of my toons from trick or treat bags and the Helm on another.. I did not know they could drop from those bags :D
They changed it.. I have had REALLY bad luck getting them so far.

Ramirez

Epix said:
Where on the achievements page does it show you that you receive a title after completing a certain achievement?

At the bottom of some achievements it says "Reward: blahblahblah"...there's not that many really.

Xabora

explodet said:
You guys went back in time to infect Southshore with the zombie plague!

Wait, wasn't that the plot to Star Trek: First Contact?
I did it solo, no one else was there. :D

LOL, never though about that. XD

Epix

This just in, has Phase 2 of the plague begun?

Plagued Roaches = AoE Plague Spread 10/23/2008 02:24:51 PM PDT

Saw one in Booty Bay and killed it... The plague hit everyone around the roach.

:eek:

Its increasing!
There has been numerous plagued roaches through out the cities of the alliance on the realm of velen and when you attack them you get plagued

bengraven

This is the coolest fucking thing to happen so far in WoW history.

And here's me with a two week "vacation from WoW" aka "I can't afford to pay my monthly payment until Nov. 1st".

bengraven

Ezra Chatterton has passed away.

Ezra had a brain tumor and through the Make-A-Wish Foundation was allowed to visit Blizzard Studios. He's the creator of Ahab Wheathoof and the inspiration behind the Merciless Gladiator's Crossbow of the Phoenix.

From WoWInsider:

You may remember the story of Ezra Chatterton. He and his father played together in Azeroth, using the World of Warcraft to spend quality time with one another. Ezra had a brain tumor. Thanks to help from the Make-A-Wish foundation and Blizzard, Ezra was able to live out some of his dream of being a game developer. You can see his influence in the Merciless Gladiator's Crossbow of the Phoenix, which is finely crafted to ePhoenix's specification. Ezra was the rider for the first phoenix mount in game. But, only a few months ago, we heard the frightening news that Ezra had suffered a stroke.

Reader Sedna directed us to Ezra's web site for the saddening news. Ezra passed away on Monday, October 20th, at 10PM pacific time. We at WoW Insider would like to offer our sympathies to Ezra's family. Both they and Ezra are in our thoughts. His story was an inspiring one, and we will not forget ePhoenix.

Mr Pockets said:
people getting really pissy with me when I kill them in zombie form :lol

Hey...they keep infecting so I keep killing them ;P

It's even funnier when they spazz out cuz you and a pally friend kept cleansing them and their contagion victims.

>_> <_<

Reminds me of the Hakkar thing.

SatelliteOfLove said:
It's even funnier when they spazz out cuz you and a pally friend kept cleansing them and their contagion victims.

>_> <_<

Reminds me of the Hakkar thing.
ha yeah I kept trying to become a zombie but some nice guy would always cleanse me before I turned! Finally became a zombie and some lvl 70s killed me right away :\

Weenerz

Banned
Having shitty lucky fishing up Old Crafty in Orgrimmar. Not as bad as others, but still. Being in the enemies' home fishing is annoying after a while of the trade spam.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks a lot, DarkAngelYuna and Onilink!
Much appreciated! :D

Ok, got everything patched and up and running.
Has anyone had any problems with the new patch under OSX?
I used to get ~45fps on medium/high at 1440 on my MBP, but now I can't even get 15fps on low settings at 1024.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Anyone here having issues since patch using Radeon 9800?

My wife's computer has had severe artifacting ever since patch.

So far I have..

- Removed and reinstalled the latest drivers (twice)
- Removed and reinstalled game
- Removed all addons
- Set all graphics settings to various levels and to absolute min
- Tried Blizz suggested config.wtf fixes for other issues.

Worked perfectly before this patch.

Running out of ideas.

BTW...by artifacting I am assuming I have the term right.

Basically it's liek tons of lines shooting out of everything, blinking a lot, text looks like someone scribbled it out, etc

Xabora

Pics from Green Zombie Isle.
The whole area was like this. The zombies would gang up on the Naga and turn them into zombies. XD

b7anhd.jpg

2nk84cz.jpg

21abyhe.jpg

2ia8idt.jpg

1zx6qeg.jpg

Mr Pockets said:
Anyone here having issues since patch using Radeon 9800?

My wife's computer has had severe artifacting ever since patch.

So far I have..

- Removed and reinstalled the latest drivers (twice)
- Removed and reinstalled game
- Removed all addons
- Set all graphics settings to various levels and to absolute min
- Tried Blizz suggested config.wtf fixes for other issues.

Worked perfectly before this patch.

Running out of ideas.

BTW...by artifacting I am assuming I have the term right.

Basically it's liek tons of lines shooting out of everything, blinking a lot, text looks like someone scribbled it out, etc
Load up the PTR and see if you get it, or type /console fixedfunction 1 in the chat panel.
This disables the advanced shaders, lower performance, but may resolve the issues.
If it does not fix it type /console fixedfunction 0 in the chat panel.

Kweh

Is there a bug with the 'A Simple Re-Quest' achievement? I do my dailies everyday, but my tracking only stays at 1/5. I have I misinterpreted what that achievement is?

Xabora

Mr Pockets said:
FixFunction is one of the things I tried..hehe

made it a litter better but added other issues

here is a pic...

[ IMG]http://stug.us/images/graphicsbad.jpg[ IMG]
We had a bug like that in beta on the 8800 series.
Looks like you need to wait till the next patch to see if they resolve it. X_X

witness

So I just ran the new kara boss today, its a pug, and it was not set to master loot /sigh. So he drops the axe, i roll need for it, I let everyone know. Everyone else passes but the tank, and rolls need without telling anyone, and of course wins and then promptly leaves without saying anything. I will never get rid of this goddamn oathkeeper.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
witness said:
So I just ran the new kara boss today, its a pug, and it was not set to master loot /sigh. So he drops the axe, i roll need for it, I let everyone know. Everyone else passes but the tank, and rolls need without telling anyone, and of course wins and then promptly leaves without saying anything. I will never get rid of this goddamn oathkeeper.

I would say to not group with him again, I put people that ruin instances on my /ignore list. In all fairness though I don't think that is such a dickheaded move as some other things I've seen. in the coming weeks/months everything is going to change when everyone can change specs whenever they want. I'll be rolling need on tank/dps gear for sure I know that.

Weenerz

Banned
Horseman mount dropped and I rolled a 12, boo. But on the bright side, I got all my halloween achievements needed for the title, just need for the patch to come out.

Kyoufu

witness said:

Why don't you either get yourself a Stormherald or the S2 PvP weapon??

Proc

is the zombie stuff going on? I kind of want to subscribe on this rainy sunday to ding 70 for wrath. Will the zombie stuff get in the way alot or is it now in the outlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom