• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Mojojo said:
yes it is, and it was awesome . Too bad Blizz had to give in to the whiners and ended this so abruptly, I play Wow for the adventures not to be a AH trader, and i would have prefered a more epic ending to all this effort....And i never found the event that much disrupting even for my lowb-level chars, but then I am on a medium pop server and rp-pvp server so I can imagine the experience was traumatizing for players on pve servers :lol

Blizzard didn't give in to the "whiners". The event was only going to last a few days. Read the blue posts on the wow boards. It's not over, there is just a "cure".

winnarps

So my friend let me borrow his account to aid in RAF leveling. He has a 70 druid that has really decent resto gear (that can be used for balance now that healing has converted over to spell power). He's specced feral though, and with awful gear for that.

Are there any balance druid specs that make it easy to run around in low level instances to gather mobs and AOE them down? I tried making a few specs, but I don't know how half of the skills work (I'm at work right now so I can't test).

Could anyone please help me with this?

yacobod

Banned
i havent played in like 2 weeks, i'm just waiting for lich king, probably will ditch my warrior and hunter and roll a death knight

bengraven

yacobod said:
i sold the warrior on 2 seperate occasions, once at lvl 60 and then again at lvl 70 :lol

:lol :lol

I'd love to sell my warrior but my wife is attached to him
and he's Satan incarnate: DPS specced with shitty gear

yacobod

Banned
bengraven said:
:lol :lol

and he's Satan incarnate: DPS specced with shitty gear

thats the complete opposite of what i did with my warrior when 3.0 hit

i'm prot spec with 0 tank gear (just pvp gear), you have to like what blizzard did with that tree, its pretty amazing, and seems like it could be potentially awesome for leveling in wotlk as well, arms and fury trees leave something to be desired at the moment

Ramirez

yacobod said:

i'm prot spec with 0 tank gear (just pvp gear), you have to like what blizzard did with that tree, its pretty amazing, and seems like it could be potentially awesome for leveling in wotlk as well, arms and fury trees leave something to be desired at the moment

What's your beef with Arms? It pretty much feels like Overpower/Execute are up at all times right now. :lol I know they're changing it though. :( Bladestorm is pretty awesome too.

yacobod

Banned
Ramirez said:
What's your beef with Arms? It pretty much feels like Overpower/Execute are up at all times right now. :lol I know they're changing it though. :( Bladestorm is pretty awesome too.

i havent tried it out on live yet, but i played around with arms on my warrior in beta, and it seemed pretty underwhelming, i guess my complaint stems more from the fact that basically the play style of arms is relatively unchanged since release, it was just more of the same

however i'm quite sure arms warriors will still pew pew at lvl 80 once gear is upgraded

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ramirez said:
Maybe it's different in practice, but it seems to me like having Execute available at any time would be pretty crappy. I mean, it uses all of your rage points.

I was leveling 60-70 with Fury, but after the patch, it seemed I was doing more damage and taking on 3x as many guys at once just spamming Shield Block/Revenge/Shield Slam with a Heroic Strike thrown in after Glyph of Revenge procs. Protection warrior is a fun spec to level with.

Weenerz

Banned
Arms is incredible for DPS :lol

Taste for Blood + Improved rend + rend glyph is a shit load of overpower spam. On top of Sudden Death proccing all the time, so plenty of executes too.

bengraven

yacobod said:

It's definitely impressive, but I admit to wanting to try out Titan's Grip on my live character. I specced prot in the beta and leveled through Howling Ford at a fairly efficient rate, though.

Definitely glad that Heroic Leap seems to be missing. That ability was just a pain in the ass; at least in the beta you rarely actually attacked an enemy: you mainly jumped to a random spot on the map and sat there a second waiting to recover.

/console shadowlod 0
/console overridefarclip 1
/console farclip 1600
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console groundeffectdensity 256
/console groundeffectdist 140
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console characterAmbient
/console extshadowquality 4
/console environmentDetail 2
Which ones do I have to repeat every time I log in? Much thanks.

firex

man, I looked at drops and unless I missed something, the only epic dps plate boots you can get from raids/instances are the 4th boss of ZA and Reliquary of Souls in BT. everything else is crafted/pvp. although I guess I don't mind pvp grinding for boots if I have to.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
man, I looked at drops and unless I missed something, the only epic dps plate boots you can get from raids/instances are the 4th boss of ZA and Reliquary of Souls in BT. everything else is crafted/pvp. although I guess I don't mind pvp grinding for boots if I have to.

I also found http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28608 from Nightbane. Otherwise, just wait a couple weeks and you'll see a hefty amount of stuff smithed from the new recipes.

lexi

Banned
Scrow said:
yeah, in a raid environment that there's several classes that help with regening mana. for example, feral druids with improved leader of the pack give back a % of mana each time you crit (6 second internal cooldown). there's other classes/talents that do similar things...

Actually the mana regen is only for the druid. This would be overpowered for other melee-mana users, Hunters and Ret Pallies would never run out of mana.

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
Which ones do I have to repeat every time I log in? Much thanks.
Ignore smallcull, they removed it on the live patch. QQ
And /console characterambient everytime you start it up.

firex

Tamanon said:
I also found http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28608 from Nightbane. Otherwise, just wait a couple weeks and you'll see a hefty amount of stuff smithed from the new recipes.
wow, can't believe I missed that. I was just looking for something that wouldn't be replaced with borean tundra/howling fjord quest rewards (outside of trinkets/cloak maybe) so I can make even more gold doing those quests. here I was thinking I'd have to grind Ogri'la to exalted or pvp farm, neither of which I really want to do.

witness

DarkAngelYuna said:

Thats retarded, should of went to a warrior/rogue then if there were no hunters.

So I tried out kara last night on my Ret alt and with the "hotfixed" JotW in I still didn't have mana problems. The only time I actually went low on mana was during Illhoof. Which was to be expected because I was spamming consecrate and holy wrath the entire time to help on the imps. #2 on dps right behind another Ret pally, she had some better stuff than me. Just glad I got the arcanite ripper last night though, woot wasn't ninja'd this time :D

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
lockii said:
Actually the mana regen is only for the druid. This would be overpowered for other melee-mana users, Hunters and Ret Pallies would never run out of mana.
and enhancement shammies

but yeah, i misread the ability. druid only benefits -_-;

Xabora said:
Ignore smallcull, they removed it on the live patch. QQ
And /console characterambient everytime you start it up.
Wait, one more question. Should I do /console characterambient or /console characterambient 0 or 1?

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
Wait, one more question. Should I do /console characterambient or /console characterambient 0 or 1?
/console characterambient -This is a nil value, disables the ambient lighting.
/console characterambient 0.0 to 1.0 -This is a float, this enables and sets the lighting level.

Also, PETS PETS PETS (no duplicates!)
I farmed all the whelps. ;_;
2u7nadc.jpg

Xabora said:
/console characterambient 0.0 to 1.0 -This is a float, this enables and sets the lighting level.
Interesting. I assume ambient lighting is a bad thing? I will have to test it out.

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
Interesting. I assume ambient lighting is a bad thing? I will have to test it out.
No, it just makes characters standout more in a dark environment.
(IE: Less realistic lighting)

Lumine

firex said:

Yeah dunno why that is. Had crappy boots for the longest time. You missed a few other options though. Kael in normal MGT drops an epic pair and you can get the S2 boots for 40 badges on Quel'danas. Which is what I did because the pair in ZA never dropped and I couldn't be arsed to grind EOTS so close to wrath. :p

firex

wait what? you can buy s2 stuff with badges now? I thought that required t4/t5 tokens. shit, if I can do that then I'll be able to get those s2 boots no problem. and it's funny that I missed the normal mgt boots. I keep wanting to run heroic for the plate chest kael drops, since my chest/gloves are the blue pvp ret set for now, but I'll run normal for those boots too. what I have now are those boots from heroic blood furnace (not even the epic ones, those terrible level 68 blues with 17 hit rating).

Alex

The Russell Brower composed stuff in WotLK is so ridiculously good, even better than his Fable 2 stuff.

I don't want to seem like a dick, but if they'd just stop using Derek Duke and even Matt Uelmen entirely I'd be much happier. Music needs to be fucking music, not ambiance. At least that's how I feel.

The guy puts out so much variety now too. I liked him before, when he did the Blood Elf pieces in BC, but now he's got so much stuff in there. Lots of different styles from Grizzly Hills to Sholazar zone pieces and Utgarde and The Nexus dungeon pieces.

The Sholazar stuff is probably my favorite, reminds of BG&E.

Alex said:
The Russell Brower composed stuff in WotLK is so ridiculously good, even better than his Fable 2 stuff.

I don't want to seem like a dick, but if they'd just stop using Derek Duke and even Matt Uelmen entirely I'd be much happier. Music needs to be fucking music, not ambiance. At least that's how I feel.

The guy puts out so much variety now too. I liked him before, when he did the Blood Elf pieces in BC, but now he's got so much stuff in there. Lots of different styles from Grizzly Hills to Sholazar zone pieces and Utgarde and The Nexus dungeon pieces.

The Sholazar stuff is probably my favorite, reminds of BG&E.

WoW's music could only go up from here, really. Glad they gave someone else a shot.

firex

yeah, I actually left the music on in WotLK beta because it was good. although from what little I played (howling fjord and running through the zones connecting howling fjord to borean tundra, so borean, grizzly hills, and dragonblight) the music wasn't too far removed from the generic celtic stuff you can hear in LOTRO instances. still, it's better than the mediocre ambience that came before (unless you did raid encounters lolz, or stayed in the dramatic vistas of capital cities/important zones forever)

Xabora said:

Also, PETS PETS PETS (no duplicates!)
I farmed all the whelps. ;_;
2u7nadc.jpg

but do you have a panda cub, zergling, and mini diablo!?

DO YUO!?

Xabora

ZombieSupaStar said:
but do you have a panda cub, zergling, and mini diablo!?

DO YUO!?
No, I couldn't find a CE Box when I went to pickup a copy back in 2004. :(
I do however own a CE Copy of Warcraft III.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Xabora said:
No, I couldn't find a CE Box when I went to pickup a copy back in 2004. :(
I do however own a CE Copy of Warcraft III.
hmmm... you know what would be cool? if buying Collector's Editions of Blizzard's other games unlocked bonuses in WoW, and vice versa.

Alex

Nooo, I love Hallows end. Easy dailies and I'm still collecting masks!

The mask achievement is so fucking hard. I'm glad I don't really care much about the achievement or else i'd be going nuts.

I will give Blizzard a thumbs up and say that their achievement system is SO much better than the ones I've seen before. Lots of creativity.

Mojojo

Alex said:
Nooo, I love Hallows end. Easy dailies and I'm still collecting masks!

The mask achievement is so fucking hard. I'm glad I don't really care much about the achievement or else i'd be going nuts.

I will give Blizzard a thumbs up and say that their achievement system is SO much better than the ones I've seen before. Lots of creativity.

the mask achievement will be removed with patch 3.03 . From a blue post :
"If you happen to fulfill all of the criteria with the exception of the 20 mask criteria before that patch goes live the achievement will stay incomplete until the day patch 3.0.3 goes live. As soon as the patch goes live, you'll have the achievement as well as the title.

firex

I like a lot of WoW's achievements. Some of them are legit awesome and a lot of them are fun, and they don't encourage a lot of dickery for the odd ones.

Alex

I dont think the Mask achievement is being removed, I think it's just being removed as a requirement from the title granting achievement compilation for hollows end

Mojojo said:
the mask achievement will be removed with patch 3.03 . From a blue post :
"If you happen to fulfill all of the criteria with the exception of the 20 mask criteria before that patch goes live the achievement will stay incomplete until the day patch 3.0.3 goes live. As soon as the patch goes live, you'll have the achievement as well as the title.
Is .03 going to drop before or after WotLK is released? Any other changes we know about?

The Lamonster said:
Is .03 going to drop before or after WotLK is released? Any other changes we know about?

Before. If you want to know the changes just go to wows site and look at the ptr notes. I can't get there right now to link ;(

PatzCU

Alex said:
I dont think the Mask achievement is being removed, I think it's just being removed as a requirement from the title granting achievement compilation for hollows end

Ya, and if you are going for the mount, you won't need that mask achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom