• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

witness

Yeap getting that samething to, weird.

So I ran kara last night on my Retadin, we did a full clear. I got a number of new things, a new trinket, the dps cloak off moroes, the honored ring, the plate dps boots off nightbane. None of the pally tokens dropped which sucked, no gorehowl drop either. Glad I got to run it though, now I need to find a ZA pug. Oh when I ran Gruuls the other day, I rolled a 100 on the pally shoulders, I couldn't believe it.

On my enhance shammy I just need one more kara run to get exalted, but I don't even feel like playing that character anymore compared to my pally.

So who's lining up next week at midnight? Anyone have the CE preordered? You can still get them on amazon.

border

Gamestop was only taking orders on the Collector's Edition for 48 hours before they halted.

This is so retarded. No other company has this much trouble making Collector's Editions. Well, I guess Microsoft had a problem with Fable 2, but that's a Molyneux product and is required by law to underdeliver.

Lain

I'm missing my "old" Hammer of Wrath. The "new" one is back to not getting used much by me when doing dailies/soloing. Rarely it becomes usable when I'd need it, the mob has usually a bit more than 20% hp left or too little, like 3%, so I almost always end up killing the mobs with holyshocks and judgements.
Btw, didn't they wait for the patch to get the patch in because otherwise the tooltip would not change and confuse people? Because they left the "old" tooltip in and it is confusing at times ><

Magnus

Some ages ago in one of the WoW threads, there was a discussion on how to edit some settings to boost the draw distance in the game (along with other visual tweaks) beyond what the game normally allows at max settings. Having finally gotten a new PC, I'd like to see what this thing can do now -- could anyone direct me to the appropriate source for info on this?

Xabora

traveler said:
WTF is up with wowinsider right now? Since when have I had to have a password?
Site upgrade.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Wow, just went from a crappy old keyboard to a Logitech G15. I love having 18 more keybinds in a nice place :D
I use an apple keyboard on my PC. Love it myself. :D

traveler

Not Wario
Xabora said:
Site upgrade.

I use an apple keyboard on my PC. Love it myself. :D

So I see. Looks snazzy. Too bad it attracted too many to see those awesome giveaways. 2 Polar bears to be distributed among thousands of posters? That's a worse drop rate than the Baron's steed.

Xabora

traveler said:
So I see. Looks snazzy. Too bad it attracted too many to see those awesome giveaways. 2 Polar bears to be distributed among thousands of posters? That's a worse drop rate than the Baron's steed.
Pre-Nurf to boot!

Weenerz

Banned
My newly formed guild decided to venture into Hyjal tonight. Had a few people that knew what was going on, the rest didnt and were told the strat. We 1 shot every boss but Kaz'rogal, we 2 shot him. Well besides Archimonde. We had people logging so we gave it one attempt, got to 80% and then gave up for the night.

Xabora

Fel Orc Sport - Wolf Punting
2nunclt.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
bengraven said:
Wait, is that threat meter Blizz implimented into the beta in this patch?

Blizzard doesn't have one of their own as far as I know, they just released the threat data so addon devs can give the exact threat meters instead of estimates.

Xabora

Maxrpg said:
fantastic!

Xabora, is your threat meter done?
Its been live for sometime.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10993-ClassicThreatMeter.html

I'm reading up on some LUA stuff before I progress it anymore.
(Muh code was messy)

bengraven said:
Wait, is that threat meter Blizz implimented into the beta in this patch?
Was in a number a patches ago, but it was removed for the PlayerFrame/TargetFrame threat system.

LAUGHTREY said:
Blizzard doesn't have one of their own as far as I know, they just released the threat data so addon devs can give the exact threat meters instead of estimates.
They did, but added a PlayerFrame/TargetFrame system.

bengraven

Xabora said:
Was in a number a patches ago, but it was removed for the PlayerFrame/TargetFrame threat system.

Hm, haven't seen it yet. In the beta I remember it being automatically chosen in the UI settings. I was shocked to see little floating threat numbers pop up with every pull.

Thought maybe that was in there somewhere. I'll dig around the UI settings.

Weenerz

Banned
Fun first night in BT tonight, went 4/9. 1 shot all the bosses except for Gorefiend, a few were confused about the ghost phase. We wiped at 8% then came back and went all out at the start. Blew hero and all cooldowns at the beginning. Fun stuff.

Master looter accidentally gave a priest my Rising Tide tho, slow GMs taking their giving it back.

firex

Still probably going to play a DK at some point, but I've heard there's a good frost dual wield dps build. I might try that since I'm not going to play any other dual wield dps class for a long time (if ever), but I'm really not sure how I'd spec that outside of the obvious dual wield talent early in Frost. And I do know that you don't even get good dual wield gear from any of the DK quests, so it could be something I'd slip into DWing after 60+ and the ability to get some good weapons in outland. but I really, seriously never found a great talent build just through experimentation in WotLK beta, so I'm just looking for a cookie cutter build.

FUCK I got an error with expansion.mpq and had to reinstall. Now I'm looking at about 6 hours of patch downloads. It sucks because I can't just let it download and leave the room - I've got to babysit the damn thing so I can start up the next patch after each one finishes.

Third time I've had to re-install all the patches for whatever reason.

There won't be a fourth :(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Weird. When I reinstalled just recently, I only went through a few patches but that was all manually done. WoW install > TBC install > 2.40 patch > 3 small patches (10mb in size for each roughly) > 3.0 patch.

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
FUCK I got an error with expansion.mpq and had to reinstall. Now I'm looking at about 6 hours of patch downloads. It sucks because I can't just let it download and leave the room - I've got to babysit the damn thing so I can start up the next patch after each one finishes.

Third time I've had to re-install all the patches for whatever reason.

There won't be a fourth :(
There is a minor issue with 3.0 where it says it cannot read such & such.
I found out you can fix it by DEFRAGGING!

WoW had some weird issues come up from time to time.

Okay, every time I hearth to Shat, these huge giant dudes always beat me up and kick me out of the city. Then, I have an attribute called "Exhile," and I get slowed movement.

WTF is this shit?!?

WoWScrnShot_110808_141444.jpg

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
yacobod said:
draenei face on a male belf body?
that's not a draenei face...

anyway, the problem is that it looks more like something you'd see on a paladin.

a gay paladin.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The Lamonster said:
Holy shit look at how much gold you have! Do you guys have any money-making advice for me? I'm lvl 61 Night Elf Hunter w/ skinning/mining...
Depends on the server, I'm using herbalism/mining on Thrall and I currently have 19k gold...

The Lamonster said:
Holy shit look at how much gold you have! Do you guys have any money-making advice for me? I'm lvl 61 Night Elf Hunter w/ skinning/mining...

Sell the ore, primals, and leather you get on the AH. Unless you want to go out of your way to get a real money making profession like JC. Which I don't recommend before you're 70. Especially if you think 4k g is a lot of gold to have right now.

pxleyes

Banned
Azwethinkweiz said:
I walked into Walmart at midnight for the BC release and picked up a CE and walked out with it. Just get to the store when it opens (or midnight for walmart) and grab one. Shouldn't be tough.
I think that is what I am going to have to do. I haven't heard any news of CEs being available anywhere at midnight, but I'm assuming Wal-Mart will have some.

firex

The Lamonster said:
He's got about 400g more than I have on my pally (not counting any other alts he might have with 20k gold), and I earned basically all my gold post-3.0.2 patch. Not hard to do, really. You just need to grind quests.

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
I've spent about 2500gold - 3000gold just getting gear and leveling items for my DK!

I do mostly dailies and selling misc crap on the AH.
Also mess with the resellers.

Put something up a bit cheaper that you know WONT sell in 2 weeks, they'll buy it put it up for 4-9x the amount and laugh at them as it doesn't sell.

firex said:
He's got about 400g more than I have on my pally (not counting any other alts he might have with 20k gold), and I earned basically all my gold post-3.0.2 patch. Not hard to do, really. You just need to grind quests.
I have 3.7k gold atm. >_<

Finally a DK gear scouting tool (Everything is weighted to how much min/max dps you get out of it.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items&fil...:1.3914:1.124:1:0.9727:0.64768:0.6214:0.02778

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom