• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farnack

Banned
evlcookie said:
Depends where its at and whats around the joint. When i went for BC i just took my ipod and sat in one of the chairs since EB is right near a foodcourt and just chilled with my music. id take a snack but again there could be a vending machine near by so just grab something from that.

You dont really need anything. Heck you could turn up at 11:30 if you wanted, just depends on how early you feel like getting there. I think i got there at 10 for BC, sat and chilled for a while, go my game, went home and went to sleep :lol
Well it's Vancouver... I heard one Bestbuy had a midnight launch for BC and had quite a bit of people. Now that all Futureshops and Bestbuys are doing midnight launch, I'm not sure if I need to start lining up for 8 hours. 8D

I'll probably try and take a shot at the CE and show up at one of big box stores early. And yeah i with BC i managed to upgrade my account an hour after i bought the game (the hour being spent on getting home).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
speedpop said:
Tons of people waiting for the fight to start on my server. Should be fun.

What server do you play on Speed? I know your an aussie and all, it has to be one of the oceanic ones ?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
evlcookie said:
What server do you play on Speed? I know your an aussie and all, it has to be one of the oceanic ones ?
My Shaman is on Blackwing Lair, going to create a Death Knight on Nagrand though.

speedpop said:
My Shaman is on Blackwing Lair, going to create a Death Knight on Nagrand though.
You can't create the DKs on other realms for several months after release...this has been known for awhile now. Same realm only.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
DarkAngelYuna said:
You can't create the DKs on other realms for several months after release...this has been known for awhile now. Same realm only.
I'm sorry I haven't been playing WoW for months so my head has literally been stuck in the ground, Mr High and Mighty.

But I have a lvl 60 on Nagrand.

Wray

firex said:
I plan on getting mine asap, going home and fighting through the lag at midnight for a few hours, and then going in to work. at least I don't have any classes thursday.

TBC was lag free for midnight release when it came out. In fact, if you started at 12 or shortly after and leveled briskly, you were able to stay about a zone ahead of the rest of the player base and basically had whole zones to yourself.

speedpop said:
I'm sorry I haven't been playing WoW for months so my head has literally been stuck in the ground, Mr High and Mighty.

But I have a lvl 60 on Nagrand.

No one ever acted high and mighty. Please remove that stick from your ass.

Tamanon

Banned
Actually I hadn't seen any news whatsoever on the whole Death Knights only on the realms with a 55+. I knew it was that way for the newer servers. Didn't ever see any annoucement that it changed.

border

This event seems pretty dull so far in Orgrimmar. Abominations spawn, but they only have like 30K health so they are murdered almost instantly by NPCs. There are Frostwyrms flying around, but they fly so high they are rarely within spell range. If you have a melee character there is almost nothing to do.....and if you have a ranged character you just stand on a rooftop hoping a wyrm will fly close enough for you to smack a couple times.

Weenerz

Banned
Illidan.jpg

Why hello thar! :D

border

Come to think of it, the pre-Burning Crusade events were pretty bad so I shouldn't have expected much out of this either. I guess it's kind of hard to top the zombie invasion as well.

I watched the fight between Hellscream and Thrall. I didn't realize Thrall was a shaman. Can't tell what class Hellscream is supposed to be.

Alex

Blizzard events are always pretty weak, in my opinion. But then again, after the outcry about the zombie event, probably the only great one ever, it's hard to blame them. Most of their subscriber base are total fucking retards of the purest sense.

border

Well the Dark Portal event was kinda lame (especially considering that you had to fly/ride all the way out there), but at least you got a unique tabard out of it.

traveler

Not Wario
Alex said:
Blizzard events are always pretty weak, in my opinion. But then again, after the outcry about the zombie event, probably the only great one ever, it's hard to blame them. Most of their subscriber base are total fucking retards of the purest sense.

No kidding. There were even some people today on my server complaining about this one, saying the abominations were too much of a hindrance to harbor users to be in there and I saw at least 10 different people in trade saying the event was worthless since no gear dropped anywhere. Just total facepalm. I guess phasing is the only way Blizzard will ever be able to attempt to drastically effect an enviromental or situation change and that's just sad. It's for one night, people. Forget your badges and crap- it'll be outdated anyway in 2 days- and try to actually partake in the experience part of the game rather than just constantly chasing the carrot for once.

Lain

Alex said:

People wouldn't have bitched as much if Blizzard tweaked the respawn rate of Quest givers during the event. Waiting around to turn in quests was a pita, because not only you had to waste time doing nothing waiting for the npc to respawn, you had to also hope it wouldn't get attacked and zombified again.

The real retards, during the event, were the ones that wanted others to not mess with them while they tried to make npcs/players zombie, like they were the only ones that had a right to play the event in whatever way they wanted, and as if the event only consisted in becoming a zombie and infecting everyone and everything, dismissing the fact that other players were in the right to protect the cities from getting infected.

Those two things made me avoid the event as much as I could, since I can't stand the constant whining that goes in trade.

I thought blood was the ideal spec for leveling and Ice for tanking?

I'm assuming then ice would be for multiple mob grinding? Any 71-80 leveling guides out there yet? Im just wondering :D

border

traveler said:
Forget your badges and crap- it'll be outdated anyway in 2 days- and try to actually partake in the experience part of the game rather than just constantly chasing the carrot for once.
Like I said, this event is worthless because it's too difficult to even partake. Ranged casters can't hit the Frost Wyrms for more than the 3-5 second window where they are above you and within range, and the Abominations die too fast for melee characters to make a significant contribution. It's difficut to tag enemies, and even if you do they don't drop anything.

They should have more invading mobs with less HP that are easier to hit.

Xabora

verio said:
Looks like you can get the CE from Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832127007

For some reason, I just ordered it. No idea why. Damn you, Blizzard!

Anyways, I was charged and notified that it will be shipping within 24 hours.
Man I love amazon!

Items Ordered
1 of: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition [CD-ROM] [DVD-ROM]
Grand Total: $69.99
No shipping cost either! :D

Newegg: $79.99

verio

Xabora said:
Man I love amazon!

Items Ordered
1 of: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition [CD-ROM] [DVD-ROM]

Yeah... I love Amazon too, but I really snoozed on getting my pre-order in. However, I'm sure Amazon will get more CE's soon, but I wanted to guarantee myself a copy.

mileS

Coming back from a small break right before Sept. and i'm pumped to start playing Lich King.

Can't decide what to level first, Hunter, Warrior, or Shaman... I'm kind of leaning towards my warrior. I worked hard for his name getting to General back in the pre-BC pvp days. "General Mills" :D

firex

Hero said:
Why would you level as Frost? Blood or Unholy. :p
Frost is pretty good as a dps build now though. Which is nice imo, means you can dps and tank with more or less the same build, so you don't have to skip instances.

Farnack

Banned
Xabora said:
Man I love amazon!

Items Ordered

I really hate you Americans. I can't even get it from either place. ****ing Amazon.ca
firex said:
Frost is pretty good as a dps build now though. Which is nice imo, means you can dps and tank with more or less the same build, so you don't have to skip instances.
Did they fix it?

Because last time I checked, every Death Knight was unholy for dps and tanking.

firex

Farnack said:
I really hate you Americans. I can't even get it from either place. ****ing Amazon.ca

Did they fix it?

Because last time I checked, every Death Knight was unholy for dps and tanking.
I don't know if they nerfed unholy any, but I tried frost a few weeks back in WotLK beta after they buffed it, and it was a good dps build. Frost Strike is pretty strong now, and going deep frost makes Icy Touch into a pretty powerful nuke. You can do it dual wield or 2h, too. It's still probably not the highest dps build, but it's like a middle ground between unholy being good at multiples and blood being good at singles. Plus, I admit, I love frost aura the most out of the three auras. You'll get a lot of free howling blasts/frost strikes (depending upon if you go dw or 2h since the proc is for either). Oh, and you get basically 25% melee haste anytime you're in combat + keeping the group/raid at 20% melee haste pretty much constantly.

TomServo

traveler said:
No kidding. There were even some people today on my server complaining about this one, saying the abominations were too much of a hindrance to harbor users to be in there and I saw at least 10 different people in trade saying the event was worthless since no gear dropped anywhere. Just total facepalm. I guess phasing is the only way Blizzard will ever be able to attempt to drastically effect an enviromental or situation change and that's just sad. It's for one night, people. Forget your badges and crap- it'll be outdated anyway in 2 days- and try to actually partake in the experience part of the game rather than just constantly chasing the carrot for once.

I think the most interesting thing about Wrath will be finding out who's really a loot whore and who's in it for content progression.

So many of the folks on the gear treadmill will tell you they're really only in it to see new content. When they can see the same content in a 10-man as they would in a 25-man we'll find out who all the folks caught in the gear trap are. I've got a friend like this - swears he's not a loot whore, claims he just wants to see new stuff, bitches about too many idiots in his raids, etc. Perfect candidate for 10 mans.

Tamanon

Banned
Blood is still the best build for straight leveling, just because you never lose health. But Frost DPS is solid, and the playstyle is more what I'm looking for. All it means is pausing to heal every 4 or 5 mobs.

Does anyone know how the leveling speed through just questing compares to how BC was before the last patch? About how many hours per level? I'd like to just blast through 70-80 asap :D

Magnus

I keep hearing people compare the time spent from level 70 to 80 as very similar to 60 to 70. So people will probably start capping within a week...? And about 2-3 weeks for all the normal people. :D

border

Seeing as how leveling was accelerated on the beta servers, I don't think anyone can really say how long it will take to get to 80. But probably not that long.

TomServo

Magnus said:
I keep hearing people compare the time spent from level 70 to 80 as very similar to 60 to 70. So people will probably start capping within a week...? And about 2-3 weeks for all the normal people. :D

2-3 weeks for normal people, or for normal WoW players?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I think I'll be happy hitting 80 by Christmas. With BC I just randomly ran through quests till I hit 70 with the exception of Nagrand where I was much more systematic so to get Mag'har rep. This time out I want to be as systematic as possible so I can get as much rep with each new faction as possible, and cut down on back tracking later when trying to get my rep to exalted. I've really started to enjoy getting my rep up with various groups of late. =D

My main is a rogue, but I dont know if I want to keep playing him. Unless I'm in full brutal equivalent at 80 I cant really do much in pvp and in pve I get out dpsed by other classes aswell. I have a 55 shaman I could level, or just make a Death Knight because they will be OP for a while. Decisions, decisions.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I am going to take my time leveling this time.

I speed leveled to 70 when BC came out. Not this time.

I want the "new" to last as long as I can stretch it out ;P

Tamanon

Banned
Man, I still remember popping into Ramparts and Blood Furnace that first night with my guild. Was so much fun to discover the fights, especially the last boss of Ramparts when we were sitting there going "Huh, this guy's HP is dropping pretty fast....DRAGON!!!!!"

And then after wiping, our tank was also our main Ony/MC tank, so he just popped on his FR gear and rolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom