• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

0.95 Shot Speed. :D

dgm4w7.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The Lamonster said:
Holy shit look at how much gold you have! Do you guys have any money-making advice for me? I'm lvl 61 Night Elf Hunter w/ skinning/mining...
When you get 70 it comes a lot easier to you, a few of my friends have 20k+ gold easy. I spent 3-4k on mats to level Blacksmithing.

Acosta

Holy shit, I'm excited, after months of painful blockage of screens, beta and anything that could spoil the experience (I just followed class evolutions), I can almost touch the game.

Can't-fucking-wait.

Weenerz

Banned
So we ventured back into BT after going 4/9 on our first night, and now we're 7/9. We 1 shot Bloodboil, 2 shot RoS (accidentally pulled first attempt, we moved onto the ramp to avoid ghosts) and 1 shot mother. We stopped after seeing how the Council fight went as people had to log. Fun stuff. Going back to kill Council Monday, and to give Illidan a few shots to see how it goes. Our loot council said if the trinket drops from Council, I get it, so woohoo! :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Flesh Into Gear said:
my main has 13g i think atm. I won't grind a single gold unless there is something I have to buy now that I have my BS max and epic flyer.
I suspect a lot of gold will be handed out during Wrath quests anyway.

Malfunky

speedpop said:

I've read that it's anywhere from 4k to 6k gold from 70 to 80.

60-70 was almost 2000. I always made enough for an epic mount and a normal flier with some to spare, so it sounds reasonable.

If you don't have an epic flying skill, I'd put aside 1k or 2k gold if you want it at level 77. You have to pay 950g for Cold Weather Flying.

I just hope engineers can farm elemental crystals like motes in BC. Primal airs are my money maker right now, and I supplement that with Shattered Sun dailies on 2 characters. If we get an equivalent to that in Wrath, I'm set.

Macattk15

The Lamonster said:
Holy shit look at how much gold you have! Do you guys have any money-making advice for me? I'm lvl 61 Night Elf Hunter w/ skinning/mining...

I have 17,934g .... I pulled in MEGA dough by doing quests after I hit 70 and with Jewelcrafting / Mining. Pays to have most the patterns and just buy gems off the AH, cut and sell ... turn 20-30g profit.

That and I raped 25 dailies daily.

I could of gone higher with the gold number, but I took time off to play Warhammer during my WoW lull.

TomServo

speedpop said:

I hope so. I'm broke. I've gone from 58 to 68 in a week, and trying to keep my tradeskills moving at the same pace has killed me. You simply don't get enough mats from mobs to level tradeskills as your character levels. One tailoring item around 340 (say, a netherweave robe) can take two full stacks of cloth to create.

As much as it hurts to buy the mats on the AH now, I expect them to jump in price when people move into Northrend and stop accumulating the 60-70 items (kind of the way runecloth sells for more than netherweave now).

Also went through the warlock Dreadsteed quest, which ended up being just as expensive as buying the riding skill and getting the mount from the trainer. Fun quest chain though, and even at 66-67 it got me a total of ~100K xp.

I do have a Foror's on the AH (dropped in DM on our way to do the dreadsteed summon). Hoping that someone will cough up to dough for a nostalgia item, especially considering how easy it is to down Ony.

Tamanon

Banned
Kweh said:
Is there a list anywhere of the new abilities the different classes will be getting in WotLK?

www.wowhead.com has them listed.

TomServo: Keep in mind, Northrend tradeskill recipes start at 350 usually, so you don't need to grind all the way to 375, you can just make the new stuff which'll be MUCH easier to make.

TomServo

Tamanon said:
TomServo: Keep in mind, Northrend tradeskill recipes start at 350 usually, so you don't need to grind all the way to 375, you can just make the new stuff which'll be MUCH easier to make.

<3

Wow, that's a relief. I'm somewhere between 340 and 350. I was planning on staying out of Northrend for a couple of weeks (only done three of the eight BC zones) until the hype dies down, I'll probably get enough mats to level my tradeskills to 350 during that time.

Tamanon said:
Money making advice is to make it to level 70. The dailies REALLY augment your moneymaking skills.
Okay, I'm gonna sound like a total newb now, but what are dailies? Are those battlegrounds like Alterac Valley? How do you get money for those?

Macattk15

The Lamonster said:
Okay, I'm gonna sound like a total newb now, but what are dailies? Are those battlegrounds like Alterac Valley? How do you get money for those?

Are you level 70? If not, don't worry about em.

They are quests you can do at level 70 ... in different areas around the land (both outland and now isle of quel'danas in Eastern Kingdom) that you can do each day.

You can do a maximum of 25 daily quests a day I believe. There is a daily battleground, daily heroic dungeon, daily normal dungeon and then many other random quests strewn about.

They give about 11g each completed quest I believe .... some a little more, some a little less. Can also get green rewards plus whatever you get while doing the quests. Easily 300g a day.

Macattk15 said:
Are you level 70? If not, don't worry about em.

They are quests you can do at level 70 ... in different areas around the land (both outland and now isle of quel'danas in Eastern Kingdom) that you can do each day.

You can do a maximum of 25 daily quests a day I believe. There is a daily battleground, daily heroic dungeon, daily normal dungeon and then many other random quests strewn about.

They give about 11g each completed quest I believe .... some a little more, some a little less. Can also get green rewards plus whatever you get while doing the quests. Easily 300g a day.
Oh, so are those the blue exclamation points? And I can't do most of them till level 70? I'm 61 btw.

bengraven

I have a CE on hold at Gamestop since Day 1, but won't be able to afford that AND my wife's regular edition. Debating on just getting the CE and selling it on eBay, but both of us really, really want Wrath now.

Hey Circuit City here..

Attention: If you live in the Alpharetta/North Atlanta Area, please come on down to the North Point Pkwy Circuit City location to purchase an early copy of Wraith of the Lich King.

Just go straight to Customer Service and ask for Me. Seriously.

I hate my job.

Plz don't ban me. Just spreading the love.

Milpool

Yay Lich King was dispatched from Amazon today, I missed the BC launch but assume that you should wait till launch day before installing the expansion?

Tamanon

Banned
Milpool said:
Yay Lich King was dispatched from Amazon today, I missed the BC launch but assume that you should wait till launch day before installing the expansion?

You should be able to install it, you just won't be able to register it until Wednesday night.

PatzCU

Tamanon said:
You should be able to install it, you just won't be able to register it until Wednesday night.

I wish they would just let retailers release this early. It's not like anyone will be able to play it until Wednesday at midnight anyway. I would have been able to try it out Wednesday, but actually going to the store and coming home would take so much time that it will be too late by the time I get home.

Oh well, my Gamestop can't do midnight launches anymore because someone got shot at the Madden launch. I'm hoping the servers are running well by Friday as I'm planning on taking the day off work.

Xabora

Tamanon said:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...110301005101351005000000000000000000000000000

This'll be my leveling build for my deathknight. I just love the concept of the frost deathknight. Plus this'll let me tank if need be on the way up.
Here's a weighted weapons guide for your DK.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items&fil...:1.3914:1.124:1:0.9727:0.64768:0.6214:0.02778

Tweaked your leveling build a bit:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...112301005001350004000000000000000000000000000

Xabora

WoW Forums via Neth:
Hrm... I don't think Northrend is open yet... do you? Perhaps something will be occurring before then. I guess it's something we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, don't mind those marauding Scourge invading various areas. I mean, it's not about then anyway, right? I mean, what could Northrend and the Scourge possibly ever have in common?

Xabora

Tamanon said:
The Lich King comes!

Hopefully you can get a cool tabard like from the BC event(I like my flexing Holy Nova tabard)
Yeap, this I cannot wait for. :(

Anywho I think I have everything now for the DK. :D

Items on Mage for DK + Pets:
1z5q3ro.jpg

Items in Mailbox (Brewfest Food Acheivement):
vrcvfr.jpg

Cloth on Warrior, I no longer play (300 of each for a total of 1200):
qrbyoz.jpg

Legendary Item on my Hunter (Rubbing it in! [Its just a Binding of the Windseeker]):
20ubotd.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ooh some sort of event before the opening of northrend? Damn that just makes me even more excited.

Wonder when we will get copies in at work, i cbf going to EB :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Farnack said:
Anyone got tips on midnight launch lineups?

Like when to line up, what should I bring (chair? food?)...

Depends where its at and whats around the joint. When i went for BC i just took my ipod and sat in one of the chairs since EB is right near a foodcourt and just chilled with my music. id take a snack but again there could be a vending machine near by so just grab something from that.

You dont really need anything. Heck you could turn up at 11:30 if you wanted, just depends on how early you feel like getting there. I think i got there at 10 for BC, sat and chilled for a while, go my game, went home and went to sleep :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Just show up and maybe bring a PSP or ipod. At the BC lineup, my bud and I just waited and chatted up folks in line about what they were raiding and normal stuff.

firex

I plan on getting mine asap, going home and fighting through the lag at midnight for a few hours, and then going in to work. at least I don't have any classes thursday.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
I imagine Blizzard won't let you play with it installed until the 13th anyways, but who knows.
WoTLK Key Activation most likely will not go up until 12AM PST on the 13th.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Xabora said:
WoTLK Key Activation most likely will not go up until 12AM PST on the 13th.
East Coast can suck it.

:lol

I did consider for a moment how it was possible that you have a level 70 with 15 epic items equipped and only 11 total need rolls and 27 greed rolls. But I rather assume it's because it only tracks it from the patch that achievments were implemented in-game.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I played WoW in beta but never bought retail. I only started playing the game "for reals" this past January. I've been using the default UI since then.

Today, in preparation for Lich King, I finally broke down and went a little AddOn crazy. Quartz for castbars, Prat for chat window, Cartographer for maps, Bartender for hotkey management, and a handful of other AddOns that aren't explicitly UI-driven (Fishing Buddy, QuestHelper, TomTom, LightHeaded, some others).

It took FOOOORRRREVVER to get it all set up, because #1 it was my first time messing with each of these AddOns, and each one has their little quirks to learn, and #2 Each one is pretty powerful, so it took a long time to mess around and get little details right, like where I want enemy debuffs to count down, etc.

I literally spent most of the day tweaking these AddOns... good thing it was a slow day at work :lol :lol

In hindsight, I should have just done 1 AddOn a day or something. Adding that many at once blew.

Kewk

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I imagine Blizzard won't let you play with it installed until the 13th anyways, but who knows.

You can technically "play" with it installed but yeah you cannot upgrade your account yet so cannot take the boat to Northrend yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom