• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proc

Dang, I love this game. No free rogue gears but oh wells. I just re-subscribed. Haven't been on since the new patch and I'm really impressed with all of the touch-ups. I love how deep this game can get if you let it. So hooked all over again and Wrath isn't even here yet.

Proc

explodet said:
I just got my lvl 70 warlock season 2 gear, and my lvl 20 priest season 2 gear.
This is ridiculous.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of touchiing my Warlock in Wrath. Now I feel definitely more inclined to get him from 70-80. This has been an awesome night to re-subscribe lol

Xabora

Weenerz said:
My lvl1 warlock alt that I just made is 5/5 s2 with a guardian neck and ring.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12454622271&postId=126429564585&sid=2000
wowscrnshot080908001258ts9.jpg

Antagon

Does anyone here have tips for a good EU PvP server? I'm back from a 2 and a half year break and the community on my old server is horrible now. It seems like all mature players transferred to other servers or quit the game and were replaced with 13 year old leet speaking kids. I'm playing horde (undead priest) btw.

Xabora

Antagon said:
Does anyone here have tips for a good EU PvP server? I'm back from a 2 and a half year break and the community on my old server is horrible now. It seems like all mature players transferred to other servers or quit the game and were replaced with 13 year old leet speaking kids. I'm playing horde (undead priest) btw.
Make a low level and hop in the trade zones for different servers and see how they act each other.

Kletian

Ugh I still can't decide if I want to play my Rogue or level a DK come the release of LK. I really like DKs from my dabbling in beta but I'd really hate to lose all the work I put into my Rogue (pets, mounts, achievements, rep etc)

Also if I were to level a DK I'd be my guild's only one so I wouldn't have any issues getting into our 10-man riads.

bengraven

Kletian said:
Ugh I still can't decide if I want to play my Rogue or level a DK come the release of LK. I really like DKs from my dabbling in beta but I'd really hate to lose all the work I put into my Rogue (pets, mounts, achievements, rep etc)

Also if I were to level a DK I'd be my guild's only one so I wouldn't have any issues getting into our 10-man riads.

You either are in:

1) a mature guild with self-control
2) a guild of one

Kletian

bengraven said:
You either are in:

1) a mature guild with self-control
2) a guild of one

OR I'm in a guild where everyone (well all the important people that aren't dumber than a sack of hammers) plans on leveling their current mains to 80 then levelling DKs with the possibility of switching over.

I'm also not completely sure I want to miss out on all the 5-mans with the guild the first time through. There's nothing more fun about going into a 5-man for the first time and falling on our faces because we have no idea what the encounter is like.

TomServo

Puncture said:
If this is fueling your replies then IMO let it go. I raided all through classic also.

I really don't have any anger about it to let go of anymore. Like I said, Tigole and Furor were the ones that were using ~95% of WoW's playerbase to fund a raid game that was only viable for ~5% of the game's population, and it's obvious that they've had their wings clipped repeatedly since the announcement of TBC. Justice is being served, IMHO.

I'm in a raiding guild now, a guild that's dropped KJ. Chances of me getting into 25 mans in WotLK are exteremly high. I don't have any insecrurity about my abilities - players from my old guild that broke up because we were out of non-raid content but didn't have the size to do MC went on and are leaders or key members some of my old server's top raiding guilds.

I think we're talking past each other to some extent - it seems we both want a mix of content, while there are others on each side of the fence that seem to want the game to cater exclusively to them. I think the QQ is a little worse for the hardcore raider side, since at one point the game was catering exclusively to them, but that's neither here nor there.

Alex

I have no fond memories of vanilla WoW in terms of it's design, and I raided through most of Naxx. I'm glad to have the super hardcore functions turned down and the variety turned way up.

10 mans, very little consumable farming, lots of class and spec variety. LK is going to be a very nice expansion for PvE content for me.

Artadius

Anyone able to get the client downloader to grab the wrath files yet? I'm still getting the "Failed to read information from the Internet" error as of this morning.

Epix

Artadius said:
Anyone able to get the client downloader to grab the wrath files yet? I'm still getting the "Failed to read information from the Internet" error as of this morning.
I was able to upgrade last night. Just awaiting my key...

witness

Yeah if this shit continues then whats the point of picking up the game at midnight? They were originally supposed to be back up at 10am est. If this is down again all day I can imagine what the stories are gonna be from the gaming/non gaming press about the Wotlk launch.

Edit: Servers coming back up, but for how long this time?

Man, I was all set to play today and see the servers are still down. I got stuff to do before Lich King comes out. This sucks. I just got my new hunter to level 70 over the weekend and didn't play Sunday and Monday really so I still have so much to do.

Hero

Alex said:
I have no fond memories of vanilla WoW in terms of it's design, and I raided through most of Naxx. I'm glad to have the super hardcore functions turned down and the variety turned way up.

10 mans, very little consumable farming, lots of class and spec variety. LK is going to be a very nice expansion for PvE content for me.

Yeah, pretty much. It was fun at the time for me but that was because the game was new to me and I hadn't played an MMORPG since Classic Ultima Online. Looking back I can't believe I wasted so much time and effort. TBC was a lot better and WotLK looks to top that even.

Tamanon

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Question - if I have a level 70 Horde on one server, can I create an Alliance Death Knight on another server, or vice versa?

Not yet:(

A couple months down the road you will be able to.

PatzCU

Gary Whitta said:
Question - if I have a level 70 Horde on one server, can I create an Alliance Death Knight on another server, or vice versa?

I'm almost positive you can only create a Death Knight on a server in which you have a level 70 on. If you transferred your 70 Horde to the Alliance server you want to play on (and it was PvE), then I think you could make an Alliance Death Knight.

I noticed all the free honor gear I got on my priest and lock are gone but, I still have my S4 brutal hatchet on my hunter. Should I go ahead and get it enchanted or are they going to track those down and take them away too?

Epix

Gary Whitta said:
Are there any guides to getting started in Northrend online yet?
Here's a little something of a guide on which zone to start in. It's from the view point of an alliance hunter but whateva:

BRK’s Top Ten Reasons for Starting Out in Borean Tundra (Alliance-biased)

10. Baby Rhino! He’s right there, waiting for you. You want a Rhino, this is where you’ve got to go.

9. Flat landscape means you can run in any direction and find stuff to do. You’re not channeled or funneled in a specific direction, so you can do what you want and not feel like you’re skipping stuff.

8. Stupid humans and their farms. “The tunnel is cursed!” Yeah, the tunnel is always cursed, isn’t it. Lots of quick quests just outside the Alliance keep.

7. Speaking of the Alliance keep, it’s pretty sweet. It’s big, there’s upstairs and downstairs, it’s basically a mini Stormwind.

6. The existence of the Gnome airstrip means plenty of Horde trying to wipe that place out. It’s not an official world PvP event, but the Destruction of the Airport will be high on every hordie’s list of fun things to do. While we were there, the place was under attack almost constantly.

5. Speaking of the Horde, they get a massive, just huge town. It dominates the landscape, looking down on the Alliance keep.

4. The “There’s broken pieces of stuff out there, go pick it up!” quests. Aren’t those always a blast with 20,000 people all trying to pick up the same gear and piece of wood?

3. Murlocs. Say no more.

2. Mammoths! Not the mounts, but roving herds of mammoths are a skinner’s dream come true.

1. Those animal-loving druids accomplish the exact opposite of what their charter says. You’ll want to slaughter the mammoths just to p!ss these guys off.

BRK’s Top Ten Reasons for Starting Out in Howling Fjord (Alliance-biased)

10. The longest d@mn boatride ever.

9. A to B to C progression. If you like a bit of order to your questing, this is your starting area. Follow the roads, everything is clearly marked, it’s obvious when you’re going in the wrong direction, or headed somewhere you shouldn’t be.

8. The buring boat. That’s a “Welcome to Northrend” sign from the locals.

7. The Alliance starting town is basically a disaster in-progress. If you like chaos, start here.

6. The first instance is right, frickin’ there. No flying, no searching, no uppity talking dragons, just walk up and do it.

5. Dwarf explorers. The carpet. The costume. Best Alliance quest line in Northrend. You’ll love it.

4. Horde starting area is like the landing on Normandy. Get on the beach and kill everything!

3. Frickin’ vertical as all get-out. Mountains and cliffs and huge trees! And the Trams and elevators rock.

2. Blue Chimaeras. You don’t have to hunt for Nuramoc anymore if you love this pet but hate them in green.

1. The elite orca and the penguins. That’d be a great band-name, too.

nataku

I'm starting to wish I never deleted my Lv70 Hunter and went Horde... now I can't play a DK at launch. I probably should have renewed earlier to level up a new character, but oh well.

I just need to find a server now. Anyone know of mature servers? Mature + WoW don't go together but there has to be some servers better than others.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
nataku said:
I'm starting to wish I never deleted my Lv70 Hunter and went Horde... now I can't play a DK at launch. I probably should have renewed earlier to level up a new character, but oh well.

I just need to find a server now. Anyone know of mature servers? Mature + WoW don't go together but there has to be some servers better than others.

My server is pretty good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gary Whitta said:
Are there any guides to getting started in Northrend online yet?
I'm not even certain I want to try until some of the hardcore of the hardcore types move out of the starting zone quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom