• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

witness

Epix said:
I recommend that everyone download the client off of Blizzard's website now and install WoTLK. That will bring you all the way up to the point of upgrading your account via the CD key when you acquire the game.

When I try to download the client link off mmo-champion I keep getting failed right at the start. Oh well, gonna head out in a couple hours anyway (east coaster).

etiolate

Banned
So at what point will people be able to actually play the expansion? As soon as it is installed or at a certain time point set by Blizzard?

mikeGFG

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I'm going to roll my main Warrior tank through Northrend...I really hate having to pay for respecs because it bothers me on a level I don't quite understand.

Am I missing something with this build? Other than the fact I only half specced Demoralizing shout? (I couldn't figure out where to stick the last 3 points)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?war...20300000000000000000000000&glyph=160215010306

Some of your choices are strange, but I'm not sure what your goal is for tanking. Usually 5 mans dont really require imp. demoralizing shout, and a DPS warrior can probably spec into it for a raid. So I wouldnt worry about that. And if youre tanking, or even soloing, you should have PLENTY of rage without imp. charge, so dont worry about that, either. Just focus on getting more damage dealing talents.

If youre just doing 5-mans and 10-mans, youll want something like this

It's Org. Short for Orgrimmar.

I was thinking of taking my hunter through Howling Fjord and my Rogue through Borean Tundra but, now I'm thinking it might be a good idea to keep them close to each other so I can get motes from clouds on my hunter and kill Alliance with my Rogue depending on what I run into.

Tamanon

Banned
etiolate said:
So at what point will people be able to actually play the expansion? As soon as it is installed or at a certain time point set by Blizzard?

Theoretically at 9 Server Time for your server.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mike G.E.D. said:
Some of your choices are strange, but I'm not sure what your goal is for tanking. Usually 5 mans dont really require imp. demoralizing shout, and a DPS warrior can probably spec into it for a raid. So I wouldnt worry about that. And if youre tanking, or even soloing, you should have PLENTY of rage without imp. charge, so dont worry about that, either. Just focus on getting more damage dealing talents.

If youre just doing 5-mans and 10-mans, youll want something like this
What choices are you saying are strange? The only choices that I personally noticed were kind of out there were Booming Voice and Imp. DS. I only even bothered with those because I'm just assuming in a 5-man leveling instance there won't be a Fury/Arms OffTank to do it...because it's mitigation i figured it was more worth it than something spiky like Cruelty (increased Crits) but what do I know...my build is more geared towards front loading rage (which is when you need it, hence imp. charge) and extra damage to load up on threat. I tend to shy away from Rage reducing talents unless they are the main three I use to build up threat; Revenge, Devastate and Shield Slam and a thunder clap every time it's effect ends.

Well, I also use Heroic Strike in my tanking rotation, but it's set as a Revenge/Heroic Strike macro, because you get a 0 rage HS after Glyph of Revenge procs. I only really use HS otherwise when I'm either at 100 rage. But i only started playing 2 months ago, so I'm certain I missed some things that might be important.

PatzCU

Has anyone installed yet and been taken to that super ghetto Blizzard Account Upgrade page? It looks fake..... This is off the disk mind you.

EDIT: I tried it and it worked. It appears Blizzard has, intelligently, made their Account Upgrade page as barebones as possible in preparation for the onslaught their account servers will see tonight.

Chris R

Anyone else showing their copy of the game not shipping from amazon until the 18th??? I'm going to send them an email because that is just plain stupid

Anyone know how late Gamestop is going to be open tonight? Is it till 1 or just till the line empties out? I'd like to get my copy tonight but I'm not prepared to stand in line for two hours to get it. :p

Xabora

rhfb said:
Anyone else showing their copy of the game not shipping from amazon until the 18th??? I'm going to send them an email because that is just plain stupid
Mine already shipped.
Comes in tomorrow!

You said ground right? They gave you a few days to change it to release day shipping in the e-mail they sent you.

Amazon E-Mail said:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of 'World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition.'

We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you for no additional charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of 'World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition' will arrive on Thursday, November 13th.

We realize that many of our customers are huge World of Warcraft fans, and we're happy to offer Release-Date Delivery to get this title to you even faster.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

That stupid installer keeps trying to install to my C drive and then tells me it needs 8 gigs of free space. Fuck you, asshole. It's my OS partition. Why don't you try to copy the files to one of my 800 other drives with plenty of space?

firex

already installed. for what it's worth, it checks your old patch torrents (old as in 3.0.2 and on) so at least the downloading portion is instantaneous.

didn't migrate shit from my beta install, which annoys me. guess that means I get to delete that install from my computer, though.

Tamanon

Banned
Installing it now. My Gamestop had a pretty damn efficient way of shoveling people through. I could've arrived at 1150 and still gotten out of there in minutes after midnight. About 150 people were there, kinda surprising for a town of less than 10k people.

Weenerz

Banned
78% atm! Got pet biscuits in the cards they gave me in the CE. The packaging is nice, the art book isn't some cheap turd either, feels like it's worth something. The mouse pad is nice, I'll have to use it one day. Go go go install baby!

line at walmart was pretty huge. it's always fun getting asked ifyou're standing in the WoW line by people who look clearly ashamed to be asking you the question.

Install took about 15 min. Going in now....Wish me luck!

**Edit** I should of known they would make me run a patch. Let's see how long this takes :(

witness

88%atm! Got my CE, so many people in line in this small 'burb town, I was shocked. I already have the last two patches ready to install right away after this is done.

Question though, is there a code in here for the frost wyrmm and if not where is the vendor I go to to get it?

I thought you had to register for the wyrm on the account management part of the wow site. I could be wrong. They only had the non CE version when I picked mine up.

Weenerz

Banned
Theres no code, it's tied into your account, when you log in, you'll have mail with the pet. That's the way it works for all characters on the account as well.

nataku

Anyone else get a weird camera delay/lag when turning up shadows to the real time ones? The framerate stays high (60-100+ depending on what I'm doing and where I am), but holding the left or right mouse button and moving the camera feels laggy for some reason. I could understand the slow feel if I was getting horrible FPS, but 60+ should be fine.

It's not a major delay, but it's noticeable.

EDIT:

pxleyes said:

Wow, perfect timing, thanks! I was gonna go out and just buy the SE tomorrow and hope I get lucky and find a CE not bought like I did with BC, but this is better. Since I'm starting a new toon it doesn't matter if I don't get it right away either.

Angry Grimace said:
What choices are you saying are strange? The only choices that I personally noticed were kind of out there were Booming Voice and Imp. DS. I only even bothered with those because I'm just assuming in a 5-man leveling instance there won't be a Fury/Arms OffTank to do it...because it's mitigation i figured it was more worth it than something spiky like Cruelty (increased Crits) but what do I know...my build is more geared towards front loading rage (which is when you need it, hence imp. charge) and extra damage to load up on threat. I tend to shy away from Rage reducing talents unless they are the main three I use to build up threat; Revenge, Devastate and Shield Slam and a thunder clap every time it's effect ends.

5 Man leveling instances can be tanked by shadowpriests. Just spec whatever you want.

witness

OMG I was the first DK to 58 and to get to SW by a long time on my server. So a crowd massed around me in the trade district lol. I demand a title! :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Just wrapped up the Deathknight starting area and finished it off in Stormwind. Such a great design for everything. Love it all. Now to either level to 60 real quick or start on my mining before I hit Outlands. Or maybe sleep. There is that third option.

Tamanon said:
Just wrapped up the Deathknight starting area and finished it off in Stormwind. Such a great design for everything. Love it all. Now to either level to 60 real quick or start on my mining before I hit Outlands.

fixed that for ya

Arggh, there was a midnight sale for it around here that I decided to go to, except I totally fell asleep and just woke up.

Ah well, servers were probably crap anyways (bitter tears)

Tamanon

Banned
mamacint said:
Arggh, there was a midnight sale for it around here that I decided to go to, except I totally fell asleep and just woke up.

Ah well, servers were probably crap anyways (bitter tears)

Actually I was surprised, the servers were running especially smooth in the Death Knight zone. I had no lag at all until I made it to Stormwind. Competition wasn't that bad either for mobs/items. Took me a bit under 3 hours to get the 3 levels and clear the place.

My guildies haven't had any problems in Howling Fjord or the Tundra either.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Installing.....

Arrrgh. How odd it is that on page one, people are talking about picking up vanilla WoW.

Edit: Even better that at 1:40 am, I still haven't finished installs yet :lol

Kletian

Weenerz said:
The servers are handling the load pretty well, I'm happy. Almost lvl71 too.

Servers were great for me as well. Now the real test comes to see if it can handle the load of 10 million high school kids coming home from school today.

Edit: also while I was picking up the game I picked up a pack of the new WoW miniatures. Sculpts are pretty sweet though the paint applications are lacking. However, I did manage to get the slashdance loot card, which will give me an AoE grenade that causes those hit to burst out in dance.

winnarps

Pure Northrend questing (Borean Tundra): 70 to 71 in 4 hours, 12:10am to 4:10am.

Sigh. I'm a zombie now at work because of that. Oh well, I just wanted to get an idea for how long leveling to 80 will probably take me.

Can't wait to explore more, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom