• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Epix said:
My plan is to be 1 zone behind the crowds.
It doesn't matter what you do, there will be a lot of guys unless you play in the middle of the night. The PUG groups for Utgarde were pretty much maxed off the screen at that time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, I got killed by Arthas three separate times before I figured out that maybe I should just avoid any Level ?? Bosses named "The Lich King" and that he was obviously there to block my progress into the area I wasn't supposed to go in.
:lol

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
It doesn't matter what you do, there will be a lot of guys unless you play in the middle of the night. The PUG groups for Utgarde were pretty much maxed off the screen at that time.
HEY! It's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
Mostly because I don't have much time over the next few days.

Lain

Farnack said:
I'm using good ol eCastingBar. XD

xperl's not letting me break my party frames. I want it in horizontal >_>

Grab pitbull for your party frames and quartz for the casting bars. Best mods ever for those 2 things imho.

PatzCU

Ugh, I know logging on after work today is just going to be a nightmare compared to the nice, emptiness of last night. Maybe it's time to start sticking to instances.

Evlar

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I'm not even sure how that's possible. You simply couldn't kill enough mobs to level that high in sub-10 hours. There must be some trick that I'm totally unaware of. It seems like even running each instance over and over wouldn't work fast enough.
It's explained in that thread. He was tagging mobs and then a five-man group (from his guild) was killing them. Using leveling tricks like that are forbidden as a form of griefing I believe.

Angry Grimace

Evlar said:
It's explained in that thread. He was tagging mobs and then a five-man group (from his guild) was killing them. Using leveling tricks like that are forbidden as a form of griefing I believe.
I understand the concept, but I just can't figure out how that would get you enough XP, I guess.

Obviously it does, but it wouldn't seem like it would.

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
I understand the concept, but I just can't figure out how that would get you enough XP, I guess.

At that pace I wouldn't be surprised if he was averaging more than 1M XP per hour.

bengraven

Angry Grimace said:

I thought the same, but epix is right. Especially if it's more than one person.

I just don't understand how they're all coordinating it as a group. If they do a few quests for one guy, then switch to the next, or are just letting one hit 80, then move on to help the next guy, etc.

I can't imagine someone enjoying staying at lvl 70 for a few days while waiting for his turn to hit 80.

OH

AND I JUST PICKED UP MY 2 COPIES. :D

Angry Grimace said:
Not true.

Dragonblight was sooooo fucking serene today. Not a soul there, and the zone is just naturally peaceful. Well, the zone is mayhem, but it's got a peaceful air about it. That nobody else was around at all was just perfect. Especially compared to the clusterfuck that is BT.

Oh and a guildmate is like level 65 DK. Probably 66. Hasn't slept yet. Freak.

Lain

Anyone knows where the download installer stores its files? I want to delete them but I can't seem to find them, so I'm 2GB down. I'm using XP.

Kweh

Where are all the quests for the DK then? I just got my charger, and the only quest I have left is the dueling one, do I have to do that to unlock more quests?

Alex

There are NPC's you can duel, you dont have to associate with annoying players!!

I say this because it took me two runs of the DK starter area before I noticed :(

firex

Just hit 71 on my pally, and earlier in the day I tanked utgarde keep and the nexus. Both are pretty awesome instances. Way better than the old world shit for sure.

Tamanon

Banned
For the record, Hellfire Peninsula and Alterac Valley are almost comically filled with Death Knights.

In AV, so much Death Gripping going on.:lol

Alex

I'm glad I've decided to go with a Holy Paladin for my first 80 then, BoF saved me from so, so many Death Grip assaults during beta.

49/0/22 was so nice, whereas my Priest would just get wrecked...:lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Contemplating on not touching a Death Knight just yet since it'll be packed to the rafters I'm sure.

Went out for some midnight snacks at around 12:30 and dropped by the local EB to see how it was going. There were people literally running back to their cars with game in tow :lol

The line was still too long for us to just jump in, we hadn't pre-ordered, and people were rocking up when we did too.. so we just left it till 11 this morning with a nice sleep-in.

Weenerz

Banned
We got a 30 minutes queue on Eonar too, it's sorta nice seeing people come back. Also, our realm hasn't crashed once at all, I am really surprised. Well done Blizzard.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I finished out the DK quests. In a word, awesome. Someone told me today I should have went Unholy, but I'm enjoying Blood. Kind of flying blind with it though.

Lord Phol

Got home from work last night, popped the bad sucker in and let the installer do its thing. Patching went fast and smooth, and just minutes later I stood there, the cursor hovering over the words "Death Knight", thus my creating began. Didn't take long though before I stumbled upon a problem, I made 2 of them, since I couldn't decide what race I wanted to play, Human or Belf.
On one hand I do prefer the looks of Blood elves, most haircuts are nice, they are pretty slim while they Humans are way too bulky, and they don't look retarded without a beard (not much of a beard fan). On the other hand the Humans feel more Death Knightish, heavy strong swings, big shiny plate and just overall more menacing and Arthas-like.
The belves half-leaning idle animation and spin-spamming animation just feels a bit off to me, makes it feel more like you're just playing some guy running around with a sword and some death spells and not the big bad Arthas-like Knight I've come to associate the class with.

Gotta decide though so I know what to level up when I get home after work, best thing would be if I could somehow convince myself to like the Belf DK, because overall I like the race more. Racials and such doesen't matter at all, just the general feeling of the guy.
Oh and the music in this expansion just kicks ass, pumped the bass and volume all the way up and damn it felt goood.

boo decisions :(.

VaLiancY

Kintaro said:
I finished out the DK quests. In a word, awesome. Someone told me today I should have went Unholy, but I'm enjoying Blood. Kind of flying blind with it though.

During the beta, I had something like this to help me level. It did me pretty good til the premade servers opened up and I said "Hello 80 hunter".

Angry Grimace

Still haven't done shit for leveling, other than failing to figure out the last guy in Utgarde's strategy and apparenlty tanking him wrong (i.e. dying until the healer quit). :facepalm: I can't seem to figure out when he's doing his slam/cleave move.

On the plus side, I collected 120 Cobalt bars and 60 Saronite bars in 2 or so hours. The density of Saronite is ridiculous at this point since the area where it spawns has no one in it. It might be impossible for a non-plate wearer though. I got bumrushed by lvl77 mobs all day long and just ran away (dying half the time).

I even farmed enough Eternals that I can make Titansteel bar, although I don't know for what i could move one of those.

Lord Phol

Oh and hope you haven't given up on your Death Knight frame addon Xabora, looks all out groov, gonna give it a go the first thing when I get home :p.

J-Rzez

I knew I shouldn't of opened this shit. *Sigh*, Lvl 73 Rogue, and 59 DK already, and this weekend will probably be full of wasting my life on this lol. Luckily, my dead server (Nazjatar) has some benefits. No waiting in line for quest mobs/items, not much ganking. Not even dealing with any Hellfire Gank-a-DK-a-thons.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
1250+ queue on Alleria, too. I used to play on Madoran Xabora. I eventually left because I wanted to play on a server that actually mattered. Pretty much like how I moved from Iowa to San Francisco :lol :lol

Anyway, ran Utgarde once and Nexus twice, and completed ~75 quests in Borean Tundra. This only got me from 70 to 30% into 71. I don't understand how some of you are leveling so fast.

Nexus is a fantastically great-looking 5man, with really fun bosses. Utgarde is very meh in comparison. Reminds me of the shittier (more boring) BC 5mans - Ramps, Crypts, etc.

Lord Phol

This topic isn't seeing much action :d, guess most people are either actually still playing the game or at work spinning around mindlessly on their office chairs watiting to get home :p.

Still to decide on what race to play :d, but thought I might ask you people what you think of the different Horde and Alliance Towns in Northend. I usually prefer Alliance architecture, ala Ironforge and Darnassus, whilst I'm not that much of an Ogrimmar or UnderCity fan, though Thunder Bluff is pretty amazing. The Howling Fjord Alliance town has had me pretty impressed judging from pictures, and at the same time the new Forsaken town isn't really getting to me.

Oh and I've been wondering something, when you create your death knight you are able to choose some specific death knight hair colors for every race (black, silver, gray etc).
Are all these still available to you in the barbershop? or will you only be able to choose the normal selection of colors?
Would be more than grateful if anyone could answer me this so I'm sure I choose the right color now that I'm still pretty low leveled.

Aeana

Yeah, I don't see how people are leveling so quickly, either. I've done most of the Tundra, and about half of Howling Fjord, and I'm about halfway through 71. And I still have the whole rest of 71 fully rested. :\

It's fun, though. I love Howling Fjord. It reminds me of Midgard in DAoC.

Ripclawe

Banned

EPIC AWESOME on the DK quests and ending battle scene at Light Hope. no lag, the graphics are great and so far I am impressed with the expansion

Just completed the DK starter zone + quest chain. It is hands down my favorite thing they've done in this game in it's 4 year existence. The final part is so damn epic.

The quest where you have to execute an old friend from Durotar was fucked up.

I love all the evil shit they had you doing.

Mad respect to Blizzard.

Now onto the BC zones. :/

I dinged 71 on my mage last night. I'm contemplating alternating levels between my mage and my paladin, but I'm not sure what I want to do. I started in Borean Tundra, and overall things weren't so bad. It took me quite a while to hit 71, about eight hours, but I also ran Utgarde Keep once in that time span, and ate dinner and all that jazz, so I suppose it's not too bad. Some of the quests were particularly painful, like the ones in that quarry. I'm worried because I think one of the quests at amber ledge bugged out on me, and I don't want to miss out, because it was a pretty decent chain.

I might try to get to 71 with my paladin tonight, but one thing I know for sure is that I'm going to make a DK. I actually don't even want to play a DK, but I figure I should just make it and let it get rested in case I ever do want to level it. I also need to take my mage to Dalaran and have a look around. That should be exciting.

So did anyone work on professions at all? Just training them for me cost an ungodly amount of gold. I think I spent 300g within minutes of getting off the boat.

TomServo

I wish I had waited to do the DK zone. On my server it was like the barrens for level 55 players. Pretty much ruined the experience for me. I really wish they had made that part of the game truly instanced, with only you in your own little zone.

TheExodu5

Banned
I started off by leveling my rogue in BT, but the crowds were far too large. Oddly enough, though Horde has always been the primary faction on my server, we were way overcrowding them. Is BT the Alliance area, while HF is the Horde area? How do I get to HF from the Alliance side?

Anyways, since it was so crowded, I decided to make my Death Knight. I was going to go Dranei Female (made a sweet looking one), until I realized the cape sticking overtop of the tail just doesn't look right on a plate user. So, I decided to make a Human Female. Kind of a bonus, since Humans have the most OP racials in the game, IMO. I used to hate the Human (both female and male) faces, but one of the 3 new Death Knight exclusive faces I like.

I was going to go Frost, since it seemed like fun and a great group spec, but I decided against it realizing I wouldn't be doing too many instances in Outlands. Went Blood for the low-downtime factor.

Oh, and if you're a DK, a Rune mod is a must. I got RuneMover, which let me move and resize my rune bar. It's right below my character now. I just wish I could make it slightly transluscent as well. Along with ArcHUD, I don't need to look at the top left of the screen ever again.

bengraven

WTH! Only one bar of rest?! My guy has basically been parked in inns over night and sometimes for weeks at a time since this time last year!

I haven’t really had a chance to enjoy the music since I’m doing HF again. I already got halway to 70 on the Beta before concentrating on my DK. HF’s music is fantastic, but only memorable because of the bagpipes. I can STILL hear bagpipes in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom