• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Also, I feel like such a whore, but I really do like the concept behind the Deathknight. He's basically my DPS warrior but with some self-healing capabilities and DoT spells. It's the character I would have loved to have played when I started 3 years ago.

I really want to play one, but it's like being a goth kid listening to Bauhaus and having to convince your friends and yourself that you'd like to buy the new Britney Spears album. lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TheExodu5 said:
I started off by leveling my rogue in BT, but the crowds were far too large. Oddly enough, though Horde has always been the primary faction on my server, we were way overcrowding them. Is BT the Alliance area, while HF is the Horde area? How do I get to HF from the Alliance side?

Anyways, since it was so crowded, I decided to make my Death Knight. I was going to go Dranei Female (made a sweet looking one), until I realized the cape sticking overtop of the tail just doesn't look right on a plate user. So, I decided to make a Human Female. Kind of a bonus, since Humans have the most OP racials in the game, IMO. I used to hate the Human (both female and male) faces, but one of the 3 new Death Knight exclusive faces I like.

I was going to go Frost, since it seemed like fun and a great group spec, but I decided against it realizing I wouldn't be doing too many instances in Outlands. Went Blood for the low-downtime factor.

Oh, and if you're a DK, a Rune mod is a must. I got RuneMover, which let me move and resize my rune bar. It's right below my character now. I just wish I could make it slightly transluscent as well. Along with ArcHUD, I don't need to look at the top left of the screen ever again.
BT and HF are both contested areas; there are towns for both in both areas. You get to Howling Fjord by taking the boat to Northrend from Menethil Harbor (the boat that used to go to Darnassus) rather than Stormwind. That fact is the only reason Borean Tundra is so crowded; half the people haven't realized you can even go somewhere other than BT.

I like the fact that some people just lose their minds at Expansion time in the AH. People are selling cobalt ore for 300 gold a stack :lol

TomServo

Can't figure out if I want to venture into Northrend yet. Hit 70 this morning, and still have plenty of BC content to enjoy (returning vanilla player). XP gains in Outland are fine, but I'm wondering about the quest rewards in Northrend. Big upgrade over higher level BC quest reward greens / blues?

Crowd factor has something to do with it too. I'm listening to people in vent and guild chat complaining about mob stealing, corpse camping, and lag while I've essentially got the higher level BC zones to myself, questing and making solid xp gains.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The quest rewards thus far in BT haven't been that much better than old world imo, at least not to the extent that BC was over vanilla wow. I'm definitely having crowding issues on my server. I think I'm gonna go back to outlands for a while and do stuff there. Far less frustrating.

Evlar

Banned
CE arrived. I was getting worried, the UPS tracker hadn't updated since early yesterday morning. Don't know when I'll get a chance to play next but I'm cracking it open to listen to the OST over lunch.

Farnack

Banned
Mr Nash said:
The quest rewards thus far in BT haven't been that much better than old world imo, at least not to the extent that BC was over vanilla wow. I'm definitely having crowding issues on my server. I think I'm gonna go back to outlands for a while and do stuff there. Far less frustrating.
Yeah, so far I only replaced 2 crappy PVP items with 2 Utgarde Keep quest reward blues. I have SSC gear that's lasting me pretty well into 72.

I have not ran into the issue of overcrowding in my server, but Silver Hand kinda sucks and half of the population are probably RPing cybersex with Death Knights.
Xabora said:
Thanks. 8D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
TomServo said:
Can't figure out if I want to venture into Northrend yet. Hit 70 this morning, and still have plenty of BC content to enjoy (returning vanilla player). XP gains in Outland are fine, but I'm wondering about the quest rewards in Northrend. Big upgrade over higher level BC quest reward greens / blues?

Crowd factor has something to do with it too. I'm listening to people in vent and guild chat complaining about mob stealing, corpse camping, and lag while I've essentially got the higher level BC zones to myself, questing and making solid xp gains.

You'll want to get to Northrend ASAP. Quests award 20,000 XP, lots of dungeon mobs award 2500 XP, etc. The XP gains aren't even comparable. The BC quests aren't going anywhere, and with low-level quest tracking you'll be able to go back and do them whenever you want.

The quest rewards aren't a huge leap ahead like what happened from vanilla WoW to BC (most people replaced their endgame epics with quest greens from Hellfire, when BC came out), but they will absolutely be an improvement, for you.

Just running the two entry-level dungeons, I replaced my mainhand weapon I got from Herioc MgT, and my offhand, which was badge loot. And my bracers, which came from Heroic Setthek.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The insatiable appetite for green Cobalt tanking gear on my server is almost silly.

So far I haven't replaced any of my epics, but there were a lot of things that were reaaally close in stats. If you have no BC epics then you're going to get massive upgrades with the Northrend quest items. If you have BC epics you'll probably replace most, if not all, by 75 the way things are going for me.

It's weird. It's almost like they set out to make a set out of the quest rewards. It seems to me like every green looks the same as the other greens of the same armor type you're awarded with for other quests. And it's all brown and stuff so it matches.

Oh, and I haven't upgraded any of my S3/Kara gear. The stats on those greens is all over the place. I think I might start replacing stuff with blues from the third dungeon though.

Lain

I'm so not used to queues. Even during vanilla wow I never had to queue to play and back then I played on the US servers... having to queue now with Wotlk is so annoying. At least I found where the installer stored its files, so I got back my 2GB of space.

Xabora

Oni Link 666 said:
It's weird. It's almost like they set out to make a set out of the quest rewards. It seems to me like every green looks the same as the other greens of the same armor type you're awarded with for other quests. And it's all brown and stuff so it matches.
20080102.jpg

...is why...

Chris R

just resubbed, now to get my UI back to something usable and wait for amazon to send my CE. I bitched to them in an email as to why two games I ordered hadn't shipped even though I could go pick them up at a store right now, and that got my game out the door rather quickly.

Macattk15

GDJustin said:
You'll want to get to Northrend ASAP. Quests award 20,000 XP, lots of dungeon mobs award 2500 XP, etc. The XP gains aren't even comparable. The BC quests aren't going anywhere, and with low-level quest tracking you'll be able to go back and do them whenever you want.

The quest rewards aren't a huge leap ahead like what happened from vanilla WoW to BC (most people replaced their endgame epics with quest greens from Hellfire, when BC came out), but they will absolutely be an improvement, for you.

Just running the two entry-level dungeons, I replaced my mainhand weapon I got from Herioc MgT, and my offhand, which was badge loot. And my bracers, which came from Heroic Setthek.

I dunno ... going from Vanilla to TBC ... I never replaced my 2H Axe from C'thun until some big quest line in Netherstorm .... and I don't see myself getting rid of Cat's Edge until near 80.

Though for armor pieces, I have picked up quite a few blues (from instances) and greens that aren't very far off from being better than the epics I'm wearing.

Kintaco

I know it's been posted before but I tried searching the thread and couldn't come up with the command to increase the view distance.

Angry Grimace

Kintaco said:
I know it's been posted before but I tried searching the thread and couldn't come up with the command to increase the view distance.
Isn't it "/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",##)" ## being a distance number?

bengraven

Weird. The welfare epics they gave out during the Scourge Invasion are better than the quest rewards for HF.

I still have two crappy axes since I never grabbed some purple weapons, so I want to get the first 2h green axe though, then go to Borean and get it's clone. Titan's Grip FTW.

Angry Grimace

I somewhat wonder whether it would be worth it to try and race to level up (which I haven't done at all so far), or to just continue to hoard saronite like it's nobody's business like the money hungry freak I am.

Someone mentioned an uncommon ore drop called Azurite, but I haven't seen it even once and my mining is 450 already, and I defintely have not seen a node. Any clue?

bengraven

Angry Grimace said:
I somewhat wonder whether it would be worth it to try and race to level up (which I haven't done at all so far), or to just continue to hoard saronite like it's nobody's business like the money hungry freak I am.

Someone mentioned an uncommon ore drop called Azurite, but I haven't seen it even once and my mining is 450 already, and I defintely have not seen a node. Any clue?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Azurite

Flambe

Fuuuck, just got to Dalaran on my mage and found a limited quantity Tome of Polymorph: Black Cat. Except it's 2300g /cry, I have seven 70+ and 5 of them need epic flying mount training bah

Flambe

zam said:

Dunno if I'd agree with that. Kill/Fetch quests are of course going to be the bread and butter of any mmo, but wotlk for me has gone above and beyond in having interesting/funny/exciting scripts and encounters, far beyond the odd bombing-run which were the standout unique quests from BC.

And that's just from finishing Howling Fjord and doing some of Dragonblight.

Farnack

Banned
Flambe said:
Fuuuck, just got to Dalaran on my mage and found a limited quantity Tome of Polymorph: Black Cat. Except it's 2300g /cry, I have seven 70+ and 5 of them need epic flying mount training bah
Don't get Dalaran Intellect. It doesn't do anything special for whatever thousand gold that's required.

Alex

I'm gonna need to save up some gold, I really want the Bear and the Snow Gryphon and I still need to buy epic mount training for 3 characters now, ugh!! That's between me and a friend but still.

I have about 10,000g at the moment

By the by, I was selling some old epics that I'll likely never equip again, and is it just me or do these things suddenly sell for a lot more? I sold a shitty Karazhan 1H for 45g.

Angry Grimace

bengraven said:
Was wondering if that would work.
Edit: Totally misread that. :lol Answer though: You can't transfer a Death Knight character.

I would tell you but i'm sitting in queue.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Put in far too much time so far:lol

The first thing I noticed is, It really has separated those with a few brain cells and those with none. So many people just jam into the same few areas. And they will only go in straight progression. Hub A to Hub B to Hub C. Mix it up a bit, Start with one of the later hubs if you opened it and work down. Its been bad, but I've notice those whom been keeping a heads up. Seem to be leveling two to three hours faster, avoiding ganking, and have very little mob competition.

Now to the game. Fantastic. So much better then BC. The quests themselves are by far the best they ever been. Much more varied, more hubs, etc. Its still the basic 3, Collect, Kill X, or travel to X. But they don't keep you at the same hub too long and they change up the quests enough to make them feel different.

Visuals/Music. Wonderful. Unlike outland which felt so bland or with both Vanilla and BC, where one area had one feeling. They mixed them up. Dragonblight had a forest/ghostly area on the west, a winter barren in the middle, and then a scourage invasion on the east. All with a different feeling.

My only dissapointment has been, The classes needed more then 2 new spells. Worse is when some the classes needed those spells to begin with. Worse when some of them are just cheap ripoff of other classes or should have been in since day 1. Specifically each tree should have gotten something.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
That's similar to what I was going through months ago, but Northrend quests so far are fun to waste time on.

Xabora

ZombieSupaStar said:
halfway to 71, and im bored already...

I think im just getting tired of mmos, oh well at least I have my CE pet...
Goto Howling Fjord, its better than Boring Tundra. >_>

Spruchy

Yeah I liked a lot of the Borean Tundra except half of the tauren town quests (the necropolis ones were awesome though).

Dragonblight after this 2 hour queue so I can start the race to 74.

Farnack

Banned
Mr Pockets said:
Anyone know how well this expansion is selling compared to BC?
I heard that Blizzard is going to count their sales by any account that has been actively upgraded rather than retail sales. Seems more accurate as it makes more sense for an MMO. If so, they may hold off announcements until later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom