• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
For the record, I am LOVING the sped up leveling in Outland. My Death Knight is level 64, and just finished off Zangarmarsh. So much better than before. Hell, I'm contemplating just skipping over Terrokar, because I dislike that zone. Plus, being a frost knight, Nesingwary's quests should be a blast.:lol

Tamanon said:
For the record, I am LOVING the sped up leveling in Outland. My Death Knight is level 64, and just finished off Zangarmarsh. So much better than before. Hell, I'm contemplating just skipping over Terrokar, because I dislike that zone. Plus, being a frost knight, Nesingwary's quests should be a blast.:lol
we'll see, outland sucked ass for warriors :(

Tamanon

Banned
mamacint said:
we'll see, outland sucked ass for warriors :(

Well, Death Knights kill extremely fast and never pause AT ALL. It's kinda bizarre, just chugging through mobs, never even eating or bandaging, even knocking down group quests.

Xabora

Tamanon said:
I hit 66 tonight.
Finished off Zangermarsh, BEM (NE Outpost & Gnome Outpost), and starting nagrand tomarrow.

Farnack

Banned
Already in the groove. Healed UK and Nexus no problem.

Well, I guess I had even more practice pally healing in the beta.

Bacon is pretty useful, but I can't help it but feel that HoTs would still outperform though. A raid definitely needs one Bacon of Light.

Weenerz

Banned
Just did the Wrathgate event, with the movie. Holy fuck at what I saw (no spoilers here folks!). Any fans of lore has to do it. The rewards were pretty good too.

Also, Borean Tundra is the Alliance's Barrens Chat =(

So glad I went to Howling Fjord. Almost 75 on my warrior too, woot.

Weenerz said:
Just did the Wrathgate event, with the movie. Holy fuck at what I saw (no spoilers here folks!). Any fans of lore has to do it. The rewards were pretty good too.

Also, Borean Tundra is the Alliance's Barrens Chat =(

So glad I went to Howling Fjord. Almost 75 on my warrior too, woot.

yeah i was suprised, i didnt expect a cinematic out of nowhere.

:( at what happened

Weenerz

Banned
Without posting story spoilers, goodbye to Putress and hello to Thrall!
Putress.jpg

thrall.jpg

Kyoufu

Its a shame there is no GAF guild. I'd definitely transfer my characters to whichever server we decided on!

edit: just wondering, which realms do people play on?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I won't spoil it for you guys, but the final boss in Drak'Tharon Keep is one of the neatest 5man boss encounters Blizz has ever designed.

Edit: Now that I've been through both, Howling Fjord >>>>>> Borean Tundra. The zone is much more interesting and impressive visually, the story/questlines more compelling, and the quests themselves are more fun. And there's a lot less traffic. At least on the Alliance side.

zam

Loving the expansion so far, done all of Howling Fjord and that got me to lvl 72, moved over to Borean Tundra and questing there. I think that HF was a lot better than BT, mostly because of the design of the zone, felt very nordic-vikingy, and huge storm giants stomping all over the place. BT is nice in it's own way, but I feel the zone lacks consitency, it's like BEM.

Stormed through Azjol Nerub and Ahn'Kahet too, we were way too overgeared so we didn't have any problems whatsoever, though I thought it was kinda stupid to waste Anub'Arak on a 5-man, should've been a raid boss instead..

Aeana

GDJustin said:
I won't spoil it for you guys, but the final boss in Drak'Tharon Keep is one of the neatest 5man boss encounters Blizz has ever designed.

Edit: Now that I've been through both, Howling Fjord >>>>>> Borean Tundra. The zone is much more interesting and impressive visually, the story/questlines more compelling, and the quests themselves are more fun. And there's a lot less traffic. At least on the Alliance side.

I love the Norse influence in the Fjord a lot. And I think it's a beautiful zone, really.

And as a horde player 'forced' to play on a PvP server by friends, I also appreciate the lack of alliance players. :) It seems like most alliance don't go there since it's such a hassle for them to get there.

gondwana

Fjord is packed with Alliance on my server. I actually just had to bail out on one of the questing areas (campage). There's also a ton of bugged quests/NPCs on my server. I'm sure that problem isn't exclusive to mine, though.

Yasser

after staying away for around 7 months, i just couldnt' resist >< can anyone recommend me a levelling build for a 70 warrior? any advice would be appreciated

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
What tree are you guys using to level your DK and are you using any sort of leveling guide? Only got the expansion yesterday but managed to get mine to 60 within a few hours, was pretty hilarious killing mobs five levels higher without any real trouble and just walking from mob to mob without even thinking of stopping.

Regretting that I picked BElf, my supposed badass sword looks more like a toothpick =(

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm going through Borean and I enjoy it. I took some time out to grab the FPs at the Tuskarr village in Dragonblight and Howling, as well as the others in Howling. Roughly 10 min flight from Vengeance back to Warsong.

Hero

Ikuu said:
What tree are you guys using to level your DK and are you using any sort of leveling guide? Only got the expansion yesterday but managed to get mine to 60 within a few hours, was pretty hilarious killing mobs five levels higher without any real trouble and just walking from mob to mob without even thinking of stopping.

Regretting that I picked BElf, my supposed badass sword looks more like a toothpick =(

Horde Death Knight Leveling Guide

Alliance Death Knight Leveling Guide

Ripclawe

Banned
I can't wait to get to Dalaran, sucks the way to get there is a bit complicated.

But I spent about 2 hours racing around the zones getting Flight Points and man is Zul'Drak creepy as hell.

Alex

I like Blood for leveling and Frost for end game, as far as personal taste goes. DK's are pretty progressive so it honestly doesn't matter a whole ton

couple of questions, does the Death Knight feel like a Hero class or just another class? I have a warlock from long ago, did they fix or improve their defense abilities? I hated after using a death coil it was gg until it was up again.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Farnack said:
Well, it is the merged World super guilds, and Naxx isn't particularly new, so there isn't really much to solve.

I've done Naxx 25 on beta. It hasn't changed except for a bit of tweaking.

Yeah, this is true. The author of the article was kind of funny in his bitterness though. I think it's cool. There's always those who will get done with things first. Some would call it blowing through the content...but the content isn't going anywhere so if you miss some, go back to it.

Kyoufu said:
Its a shame there is no GAF guild. I'd definitely transfer my characters to whichever server we decided on!

There was an attempt at a GAF guild on gurubashi, but it crashed and burned. Still, it's where i leveled up to 70 (just started playing back in jan). If someone wants to start another GAF guild I'd be down, there really should be an official one. (Plus, I have no real-life friends that play WoW)

Alex

Naxx was cleared on the first day it was open on beta, why would that be surprising? :p

You can't really design content with the expectations that the really hardcore guilds won't shatter it instantly. Those people are insane. 3 days to get a heroic sized raid group to 80 and clear Naxx... Man, I like WoW but even if I was unemployed and had no relationship, friends or family I don't think I could do that.

The only roadblocks the crazies ever had was like when things just... didn't work. Ala Nef, C'thun, early SSC, etc.

Xabora

Kyoufu said:

Madoran - Alliance

Farnack

Banned
Alex said:
Naxx was cleared on the first day it was open on beta, why would that be surprising? :p

You can't really design content with the expectations that the really hardcore guilds won't shatter it instantly. Those people are insane. 3 days to get a heroic sized raid group to 80 and clear Naxx... Man, I like WoW but even if I was unemployed and had no relationship, friends or family I don't think I could do that.

The only roadblocks the crazies ever had was like when things just... didn't work. Ala Nef, C'thun, early SSC, etc.
I think Nihilum and SK gaming are being paid to play by sponsors. I mean, 11 million people looking up news on them with a sponsor ads around it... probably could rival a single football franchise. XD

Alex

I think Uldar is in the first LK patch. It also has a ton of class things in it that didnt make the end of beta, so I'm sure it won't be too far off. Well, I'd hope not.

Still, I doubt it's of much cause for concern for those who recall what sunshine actually feels like.
I think Nihilum and SK gaming are being paid to play by sponsors. I mean, 11 million people looking up news on them with a sponsor ads around it... probably could rival a single football franchise. XD

A few are sponsored, yeah, but even still, ughhh...

Now we get to sit back and listen to the freakshows bitch about content, now they've skipped all of it to zerg down entry level raid dungeons.

Doesn't matter though, while I enjoy raiding and did a little hardcore stint myself in AQ40 and Naxx 60, I very much applaud Blizzard from moving a fair deal away from the Everquest-model, which was sheer masochism designed to fill some creepy gap for people with no job and no life.

Alex said:
Now we get to sit back and listen to the freakshows bitch about content, now
they've skipped all of it to zerg down entry level raid dungeons.
I didn't pay attention to this during the TBC launch but you are totally right. These people just rushed past most of the content of the expansion to clear the latest raid instances as soon as possible. Now all they have to do is bitch and whine until m,ore raids are implemented so they can be the first to do those as well, jeez.

And yeah i spent the last 34 out 65 hours playing a death knight because i wanted to get to northrend, but i am certainly feeling the strain by now and need a major break from the game.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I wound up going back to Outlands for a bit to do some quests. My server is a gong show even in the middle of the night over in Northrend. It's surprisingly fun catching up on these remaining quests, even if the XP is a little slower. Also, given how quiet it is, the whole experience is also very relaxing not having to fight with a dozen other people for the latest spawn. I'll head back to Northrend after it's quieted down a fair bit and I can experience it in a more natural fashion, and not the hyperactive state that it's currently in.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't understand the "rushing through the content" thing. It's not like it's going anywhere. Even going through the game at a normal pace, you can still "rush through the content".

That complaint doesn't make much sense to me.

Yasser

after all that installing and patching i log on to find a 90min queue on my server T_T any euro-gaffers playing, preferably on a low population server?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I've got my Death Knight, Daybowbow, on Shattered Halls [EU] not seen a single queue so far.

Tamanon

Banned
Mr Nash said:
I wound up going back to Outlands for a bit to do some quests. My server is a gong show even in the middle of the night over in Northrend. It's surprisingly fun catching up on these remaining quests, even if the XP is a little slower. Also, given how quiet it is, the whole experience is also very relaxing not having to fight with a dozen other people for the latest spawn. I'll head back to Northrend after it's quieted down a fair bit and I can experience it in a more natural fashion, and not the hyperactive state that it's currently in.

You've got about another day before the later Outlands zones are swamped by Death Knights.:lol

Lain

Did some instances today, first The Nexus for the second time, then Drak'tharon Keep (dunno why, but the colors and style reminded me of Crash Bandicoot's levels...) and lastly Azjol-nerub and Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom. So far, of all the instances I saw Azjol and Ahn'Kahet are the ones I liked the most as far as deisgn and encounters difficulty. The Nexus is cool too visually, but I only found the last fight to be entertaining.
I also managed to hit 73 with my Holy Paladin so now after Divine Plea and BoW, I got the new BoM as well.

Oh, and wanted to ask, didn't Blizzard buff Blessing of Might from 305 atk power to 306 atk power so that it could better coexist with the Warrior shout? Because I kinda laughed my ass off when I couldn't get Greater Blessing of Might on a Hunter because he had the Warrior shout on him... which gave 307 AP vs my BoM that gave 306 AP. Well, at least 73 brought out the new BoM so maybe it wont be a problem for a little while.

Oh, and man, people in Europe level way too fast. I got spammed alot today with the server first 80s, and got told there was already a 78 DK roaming around.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah the biggest raid guild on our server apparently already has a dozen 80s and a few 75-76 DKs. I think they just don't have anything else to do since they raided 6 days a week.

border

My warrior tanks in a mix of T4, Sunwell badge loot, and Shattered Sun gear. For PVE solo'ing I have a mix of Season 1/Season 2 honor gear.

My warlock uses Frozen Shadoweave and T4 for DPS, along with some Shattered Sun gear.

At what point should I start running dungeons with each character? I'm interested in places like Utgarde Keep, but I kinda doubt I'll start seeing upgrades there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom