• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else reminded of Zelda TP by some of the stuff in LK? I think it's the music in Howling Fjord and the gray buffalo things that fight with each other that remind me of TP.

VaLiancY

Man, if I see that Collector's Edition at a good price I'm so buying. That Blizzard soundtrack bundle needs to come ASAP.:D

They put the arms graphic back in Desecration. That makes me a happy Death Knight. :)

So I've been semi-considering reactivating for Wrath of the Lich King (I haven't played since April) and I just logged in on the WoW site with my account information and it says this account is currently a trial account and asks for a WoW Authentication Key...Um, what the hell?

Xabora

2rysh2t.jpg

*looking badass before northrend*

firex

wtf did they do to Anub'Arak. I just did the Azjol-Nerub 5 man and it was piss easy, and Anub'Arak was like the weakest final boss of a 5 man ever.

firex said:
wtf did they do to Anub'Arak. I just did the Azjol-Nerub 5 man and it was piss easy, and Anub'Arak was like the weakest final boss of a 5 man ever.

Crypt Lords suck anyway. Dread Lords w/ Sleep, Vampiric Aura, and Inferno ftw!

TomServo

Mr Nash said:
I wound up going back to Outlands for a bit to do some quests. My server is a gong show even in the middle of the night over in Northrend. It's surprisingly fun catching up on these remaining quests, even if the XP is a little slower. Also, given how quiet it is, the whole experience is also very relaxing not having to fight with a dozen other people for the latest spawn. I'll head back to Northrend after it's quieted down a fair bit and I can experience it in a more natural fashion, and not the hyperactive state that it's currently in.

Same here.

I did a nght in Northrend last night, questing a bit in the tundra and running Utgarde and Nexus. It's fun to be part of the general excitement, but questing is misery with the instant respawns and the dungeons weren't as enjoyable as they should be due to not having time to get any backstory on them before being summoned directly in.

I'll head back into Northrend in a month or so when the hype has calmed down a bit.

Proc

does anyone have a good xpadder profile? I'm too lazy atm to make my own. I probably will end up having to. There's no way I'm paying switchblade.

firex said:

I think it's kind of weird they even stuck him in a 5-man. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back.

firex said:
It was funny, the other night we did Drak, Old Kingdom, and AN all in a row. AN isn't even a dungeon by comparison.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
border said:
My warrior tanks in a mix of T4, Sunwell badge loot, and Shattered Sun gear. For PVE solo'ing I have a mix of Season 1/Season 2 honor gear.

My warlock uses Frozen Shadoweave and T4 for DPS, along with some Shattered Sun gear.

At what point should I start running dungeons with each character? I'm interested in places like Utgarde Keep, but I kinda doubt I'll start seeing upgrades there.

I run a Lock as my main I got a wand upgrade out of Nexus actually. Well it was more like a side-grade... I lost the crit my old wand had, but replaced it with Haste. (Haste wand? Yeah. I know...)

Besides that, there's probably not much for you in the first ~4 5mans. I haven't gotten anything else notable out of UK, Nexus, Azjol, or AhnKahet.

Expect to start replacing come of those pieces about Violet Hold or Gundrak (ie around ~76).

EDIT: I'm finding itemization in Northrend to be pretty weird in general as a Warlock, actually. Probably due to gear consolidation. Some piece will drop that has INSANE Stam. and SP. damage, but like... no Int. Or something weird like that. It's like, what am I supposed to do with this? Yes an upgrade of 20 stam and 10 spell dmg is fantastic, but I'll be losing 25 int if I actually use it. o.0

It seems like most pieces of gear have really BIG amounts of two of the following: DMG, Stam, Int, Spirit, but then won't have the other two on the item at all. So I never end up using any of them.

firex

In my experience, caster gear goes like this for rewards:
stam/int, spell power, crit + hit/haste
stam/int/spirit, spell power, crit/hit/haste

Probably to accomodate priests, but what's funny is spirit is now worthwhile for locks too, and I think mages (maybe it's only arcane mages).

plate gear rewards are all over the place. dps gear is always str/stamina, but the ratings on it are anything. I've gotten crit, hit, expertise, haste and armor penetration. only really got two worthwhile dps upgrades, too. replaced my outland blue ret chest with a green from borean tundra (lol) and my heroic boots from heroic blood furnace with the dps boots from the AN quest reward.

zam

Son of Godzilla said:
It was funny, the other night we did Drak, Old Kingdom, and AN all in a row. AN isn't even a dungeon by comparison.
Yeah, we ran through AN in like 20 min, felt more like a group quest than a 5-man instance

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I've hit 62 on my DK. Really enjoying it. It kind of feels like the class I've always wanted in the game (besides a Monk hand to hand type I guess). Perhaps it's a bit powerful at this point, but the general mechanics and feel, I like.

I want to try some of the instances going through Outlands, but I've never been through any of them. Any tips to not truly stand out like a newb? I've only really done low, low level instances.

After getting tired of end-game raiding in TBC back in March, I sold my account and decided to wait to play WoW again until WotLK came out. In between selling my Account and WotLK, I rolled another Paladin to 51 and waited. I'm installing WotLK now and plan on leveling a DK to 80, then working on my Pally.

I'm Horde on Burning Blade, hit me up if you want.

GDJustin

firex said:
Probably to accomodate priests, but what's funny is spirit is now worthwhile for locks too, and I think mages (maybe it's only arcane mages).

Yeah... not gonna lie, as a Lock it seems weird to be paying attention to spirit. But, it's not THAT useful. All it really is is a spell damage boost. It just makes me do some mental math. I now have to add the spell dmg on the item together with a % of the spirit on the item to get the true bump in dmg.

Yasser said:
surely not worse than un'guro?
What's wrong with Un'Goro? I thought it was beautiful and I loved the dinosaurs. Plus, that soil that's sitting around everywhere sells pretty well on the AH.

Oh and that's where the Link guy can be found, too.

Go for the stuff with tons of stamina and intellect? IDK. Check out the Warlock PVP gear in Orgrimmar if you don't know what kind of stats you're looking for as a lock.

Man, I've been lagging like a motherfucker since last night. It's so annoying as a rogue. Regular latency already fucks up stealth and vanish. Now I gotta deal with 400-800 latency. I hope it's just the weekend masses lagging it up.

Scum

Oni Link 666 said:
Go for the stuff with tons of stamina and intellect? IDK. Check out the Warlock PVP gear in Orgrimmar if you don't know what kind of stats you're looking for as a lock.

Man, I've been lagging like a motherfucker since last night. It's so annoying as a rogue. Regular latency already fucks up stealth and vanish. Now I gotta deal with 400-800 latency. I hope it's just the weekend masses lagging it up.
Cool. Cheers for the help. :)

Yasser

The Lamonster said:
What's wrong with Un'Goro? I thought it was beautiful and I loved the dinosaurs. Plus, that soil that's sitting around everywhere sells pretty well on the AH.

Oh and that's where the Link guy can be found, too.
on paper it sounds fantastic with the dinos and nintendo references, but i just couldn't stand actually being there

AH FUDGE. Shoulda kept up to date with all the WotLK info. Thought you needed to be 50 to unlock the DK, not 55. Oh well, thats what I get for fearing of knowing too much would cause me to start playing like mad again. Atleast I have about 2 and a half levels to mess around with the fantastic pally changes in Felwood/Winterspring.

GDJustin

Ding 73. It's kind of slow going as I'm (mostly) questing to gain EXP. Taking me about ~7 hours per level so far. That means I've played ~21 hours of WoW since Thursday. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

I've noticed that by the time I get about halfway through a zone I'm a little bored with it, since I'm powering through for hours a night. So I've completed half of Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, and Dragonblight. And about ~15 quests in Grizzly Hills. I'm thinking about heading into Sholazar next time I log on. I just can't stay focused enough to finish off a zone. :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, today has been a learning experience. I believe I've tapped Hellfire out quest wise and will probably head somewhere else. However, I was able to hope in some Ramparts pick up groups. The first one I had was all DKs (of course...seems to be the de facto thing atm) and we cleared the place out...except for the dragon at the end. We just couldn't kill him. The fire would eat us up and no potions on the AH to help with that. I tried again (vengence) with a PLD this time, but it was a 10 year old kid who hated healing and they bailed at the final boss. =(

First time going through these things and it was kind of frustrating but fun. Sans the last group. I wish I could have kicked that brat.

Got to 80 Sunday 2 am EST, Realm first Rogue.

The quest design in the expansion is just awesome.

Especially quest chains in Storm Peaks, there is one which based on Norse Mythology's Thor-Loki fight. Really amazing stuff in Storm Peaks.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
cartoon_soldier said:
Got to 80 Sunday 2 am EST, Realm first Rogue.

The quest design in the expansion is just awesome.

Especially quest chains in Storm Peaks, there is one which based on Norse Mythology's Thor-Loki fight. Really amazing stuff in Storm Peaks.

how many hours?

If your queued and you know it clap your hands! If your queued and you know it clap your hands! If your queued and you know it and you really want to show it, if your queued and you know it clap your hands!

Chris R

StormyTheRabbit said:
If your queued and you know it clap your hands! If your queued and you know it clap your hands! If your queued and you know it and you really want to show it, if your queued and you know it clap your hands!
I basically boot up my laptop or desktop, queue up, and come back after like 90 mins :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Next time I get dinner, I'll just log out of the game, queuee up to get back in and go eat.:lol Up to 67 with the Death Knight, probably head to Northrend at 69, want to start hammering some Cobalt. Thank god they finally gave Blacksmiths keys again, and that Weapon Chains and Shield Spikes are both trainable instead of extreme rare drops/exalted rep rewards.

GDJustin

rhfb said:
I basically boot up my laptop or desktop, queue up, and come back after like 90 mins :lol

I have to PLAN when I'm going to play. The Mrs and I are about to go watch a movie we rented, and when there's ~1 hour left in the flick I'm gonna come boot up WoW and let it chew on the queue while we finish the movie. :lol

nataku

Finding a server where I won't hit a queue is becoming a pain. I want something populated, but hitting queues on the weekends really sucks. 0/3 right now.. Gurubashi, Darkspear, and Frostmane all give me queues. I created characters on the last two when they were listed as Medium population Friday night, but the past couple days I've had to wait to get in.

I had a character on Area 52, too, and the queue is at 1100 right now. Well over an hour to get in? Crazy shit.

I should probably just choose a low population server and hope I don't get a ghost town.

So uhh I'm seriously considering coming back after a little over a year. What server do you guys play on? I think I'd want to start fresh. My 55 Warlock is on a PVE server. Think I might go PVP this time though.

Wow, I'm in a queue for Trollbane. That's a BC server they launched to move people from Doomhammer, Elune, Zul'Jin, Magtheridon, and Eldre'Thalas. I never thought I'd see the day. Maybe they'll give me a free transfer off that dump now.

Chris R

Xabora said:
I turn on the game, log in, select character, enter world.

No wait on Madoran. :D
if I could transfer all of my chars from my server to a server of my choice, I would. I hate those stupid 10+ servers to a single one transfers.

I've only had one queue and it was like, 18 people. Of course my server used to be on the very low end of "Medium" population.

Finished Borean Tundra and did a little of Dragonblight and the quests were fine but didn't do very much to impress me so I popped over to Howling Fjord before I logged off. Hopefully I'll like that more.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yeah, it's funny. I transferred my horde toons to Area 52 because Gilneas was always full, and I was tired of waiting in a queue. Now there's a massive queue for Area 52, and I have no problem whatsoever in logging into Gilneas to play with my old alliance toons. =(

etiolate

Banned
Lain said:
I thought the fact AN was so short was the best thing about it. That, and the hole.

Indeed. AN is epic feeling yet short. Old Kingdom I liked a little less. What is with the random mushroom area at the bottom?

Hope to hit up Drak and Violet Hold tonight.

Cipherr

Hit 77 earlier and got my flier back, got about half way to 78 and logged. I started in Fjord so I logged in Warsong Hold in Borean. Im going to do all of the borean tundra quests now. The whole zone just before everything there turns grey. Want to see the story lines etc. Surprisingly the exp from the quests aint half bad either, still hovering around 18k per quest where as normal quests at my range provide aboue 20 - 25k, more for the elite quests.

Haven't bothered playing it yet even though I got the exp on Thurs. Been suffering unbearable lag since 3.0 came out and had other shit to do. Still, I feel like playing if only to keep up with the Jones' (I only started back in Feb so always seemed behind the curve).

mamacint said:
Haven't bothered playing it yet even though I got the exp on Thurs. Been suffering unbearable lag since 3.0 came out and had other shit to do. Still, I feel like playing if only to keep up with the Jones' (I only started back in Feb so always seemed behind the curve).
gut.gif

Totally off-topic, but this randomly showed up on the TV at a party last night. Never realized it was from TPB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom