• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i got a friend who just started playing again since he stopped a few months ago, thing is... he is lvl 14 while im in Northrend... i'd like him to reach Outlands as fast as possible since the old Azeroth is pretty much dead and boring, but don't know what would be the best way.... just help him questing, or just do dungeons again and again? Using the RAF system is too late since his account is kinda old. =/

TomServo

Bisnic said:
So i got a friend who just started playing again since he stopped a few months ago, thing is... he is lvl 14 while im in Northrend... i'd like him to reach Outlands as fast as possible since the old Azeroth is pretty much dead and boring, but don't know what would be the best way.... just help him questing, or just do dungeons again and again? Using the RAF system is too late since his account is kinda old. =/

My buddy at 70 helped me get a new account up to 70 quickly.

Mob xp is still a big part of normal quests, and if you run through those with him you'll kill most of that xp gain. Dungeon elites gave good xp even when grouped with a lvl70, but then you're missing out on the quest xp.

Have him solo quest, paying attention to quest chains that lead to instances and group quests. Once he gets all of the quests for a given instance, go run him through. Afterwards help him with any group quests he's accumlated in his log. If he's got multiple dungeon quests at the minimum level required the xp gains are silly - I got a level and a half in the mid 40's running Maraduan this way.

Xabora

What a long strange trip the past few days have been:

x4kw88.jpg

207wajs.jpg

30jgyzc.jpg

2ylsqqs.jpg

2ee8rut.jpg

:lol

Hero

Kletian said:
Has anyone played a DK on the PTR yet (assuming the next patch is up that is) I was wondering what all the new sigils they've added and we're they're sold at.

Edit: Also, I gotta say I'm getting a bit tired of the DK Tank stigma that's been running rampant on the servers (or mine at least anyway) I've tanked every heroic so far and hav edone so successfully, I've tanked the Spider wing of Naxx. But every time a PuG gets together it's the same "oh well I don't really like DK tanks"

It's happened twice so far with two server Naxx-25 PuGs. We're not bad tanks people, just until they patch us you need a healer on his A-game who's not afriad to heal us when our cooldowns are up.

Though I suppose that says something about their faith in their own healers if they don't want us around ;)

The problem is that DK tanking is a bit "harder" since:

- Healers are used to Warrior/Paladin/Druid tanking being smoother
- With the lack of block for consistent damage mitigation, we're avoidance based
- Any item with shield block/value on it is wasted itemization budget for us
- As of right now we are very cooldown reliant

Most healers unfortunately just want to be lazy and cast the same heal over and over again.

I'm hoping that with the upcoming patch changes it gets a lot better. 80% increased armor value and 15% spell damage mitigation is a massive increase, not to mention the new Runeforge enchant and tanking sigil.

Scum

Xabora said:
What a long strange trip the past few days have been:

http://i36.tinypic.com/x4kw88.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/207wajs.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/30jgyzc.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2ylsqqs.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ee8rut.jpg[IMG]

:lol[/QUOTE]
Oh bloody hell! I'm here, trying to raise funds for fancy riding skills and mounts and...and...and...

...lol. Congrats. same thing happened to my mate the other day too. Got his arse the bronze drake in a roll. Lucky buggers, the both of you!

etiolate

Banned
Wintergrasp is fun but buggy as hell. How did this make it to Live? Theres about one game changing bug per match. Sometimes you win from it and sometimes you lose, but its just confusing overall.

Kweh

Just did the Wrathgate quest and it was awesome. Quetion, I am Horde, is it different for Alliance?
Or do they storm the Undercity as well?

Flib

Kweh said:
Just did the Wrathgate quest and it was awesome. Quetion, I am Horde, is it different for Alliance?
Or do they storm the Undercity as well?

Alliance storms it too. Wrynn sees an opportunity to take back Lordaeron for the Alliance, until Jaina stops him and teleports everyone back to Stormwind

Xabora

ToyMachine228 said:
Thinking of a guild name is the hardest thing I've ever done in World of WarCraft.:lol Been trying for like two weeks.
Algol Paradox

Best name ever if you know the meaning.
Translation: Demon Star Paradox

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I'm in a weekend-only casual raiding guild called <Why So Serious> :D Did our first Naxxramas run this weekend, full clear!

Some of us were burned out from raiding back in the 40man Naxxramas days. I had cleared it back then so we knew what to do.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Things that will have to be nerfed for arena:

1. Rogues doing such insane damage. Mutilate is pretty scary, and more than that Shadow Dance is going to be very popular, leading to insane Ambush spam damage.

2. Death Knights coming back as ghouls. The timer is just too long, either take away the stun and insane damage a ghoul can do, or leave it in and just decrease the time they are back for to 15 seconds or so. I'd say Bone Shield/Icebound Fortitude, but I think those are already getting nerfed

3. Paladins being able to do 20k damage while completely immune to attacks

Man, fuck ghoul form. It most definitely ain't getting nerfed. If a DK is the last alive in arena and he gets ghouled the fucking match needs to mother fucking end.

Macattk15

Oni Link 666 said:
There's no patch today. Maybe next week.

They didn't throw the little things in like the new Kirin Tor rings? I bought the damn 6.8k AGI one ... was hoping I could make a ticket today and get it changed out with the STR one.

witness

The bubble nerf is hilarious because to compensate they basically buffed all Ret damage, damage from seal of blood/martyr has been increased by 5%, and vengeance now increases damage by 15%, what it use to be pre-3.0, up from 9%. Thanks blizz! :D

After I get my titansteel destroyer made in a couple of days, stupid titansteel CD, then its back to Ret.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ugh, I keep feeling like my Rogue is under performing.

My guild currently tried Naxx for the first time this week, and we cleared it all in 3 days, from the first day to the third day, my average DPS (throughout an entire run) jumped up from about 1200-1700, and I figure when we run it again today, I'll probably be able to sit at 1800-1900 no problem.

But I am reading on the forums, and hearing from friends, that I should be hitting 2500-3000 DPS no problem, in my gear. And I have no idea how I could possibly do that. I figure if I popped a haste potion every time it was on cooldown, and dropped the cash for better weapon enchantments (right now I have two titanium chains until I can get my hit up to 250/300 without them) I could probably swing 2300 tops. And it's not like I think I am a bad player, I do a good job I am almost positive, as I stay in the top 2-3 DPS (and can on the rare occasion, swing 1st) in my 10man runs, and we do good, so its not like my entire guild sucks and I am the king of the sucks.

I guess I just need to freaking get lucky with some heroic drops and change out my 70 epics, or run Naxx a few more times before I'm sitting at 2500+ DPS.

Oh also, they need to freaking itemize Rogue gear better, I don't need so much expertise, I need a lot of hit though!

Onemic

I like to play with the camera zoomed in sort of close to my character while I'm soling. While this zoom level is great for that aspect of the game, for things like riding extremely large mount(i.e. drakes) or playing in raids or even pvp, I need the camera zoomed out(For the former its because with a big flying mount, the mount literally takes up the whole screen, and for the latter to be able to see all my targets and party members) I just wanted to know if there's a feature within WoW or an addon currently available, that automatically changes the camera zoom level when in a mount/vehicle or in a raid. This would be very beneficial as I wouldn't always have to constantly zoom in and out when I mount/dismount or leave a raid.

Macattk15

Xabora said:
Ugh, server needs to come up so I can buy the Grasscutter for DPS testing on my DK. >_<

EDIT: Btw I'm running with a 32/39 DW Spec on my DK. Getting between 3600 - 4200 DPS now. :D
With a crappy Offhand :/

Profile:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Madoran&n=Ardhavara

In 25s yes? Don't think those numbers would be possible in a 10 man unless you're talking trash packs .... which no one really cares about.

I can't check your armory here, but why not use that Ebon Blade off hand sword? It's pretty good no?

Xabora

Macattk15 said:
In 25s yes? Don't think those numbers would be possible in a 10 man unless you're talking trash packs .... which no one really cares about.

I can't check your armory here, but why not use that Ebon Blade off hand sword? It's pretty good no?
I have the ebon blade offhand sword.
Better than the Wyrmrest one.

However that dps was on a boss sooo yay. :D

Right now I have the Titansteel Bonecrusher (1H Mace) and the Ebonblade weapon.
Problem is the ebonblade one-hand sword is slightly faster by .10 than the mace which is leading to some ODD dps at times.

Macattk15

Xabora said:
I have the ebon blade offhand sword.
Better than the Wyrmrest one.

However that dps was on a boss sooo yay. :D

Right now I have the Titansteel Bonecrusher (1H Mace) and the Ebonblade weapon.
Problem is the ebonblade one-hand sword is slightly faster by .10 than the mace which is leading to some ODD dps at times.

Who cares about speed on weapons? DPS is DPS. Do DK's have abilities that hit with the offhand weapon as well as the main hand ... say like Whirlwind?

If not and since you don't need to build rage to do damage, why not just put the fastest highest DPS weapon in your offhand ..... barring it having good stats.

Kletian

You'll have to let me know how that works after repeated tries more min/max time. I keep wanting to try a DW build but I've heard nothing but bad things about them.

Xabora

Macattk15 said:
Who cares about speed on weapons? DPS is DPS. Do DK's have abilities that hit with the offhand weapon as well as the main hand ... say like Whirlwind?

If not and since you don't need to build rage to do damage, why not just put the fastest highest DPS weapon in your offhand ..... barring it having good stats.
Fast offhand allows me to apply more razerice which in turn boosts my dps. :p
MH is Cinderglacier for obvious big hitting reasons once I get a decent offhand.

keiichi

Kinitari said:
Ugh, I keep feeling like my Rogue is under performing.

My guild currently tried Naxx for the first time this week, and we cleared it all in 3 days, from the first day to the third day, my average DPS (throughout an entire run) jumped up from about 1200-1700, and I figure when we run it again today, I'll probably be able to sit at 1800-1900 no problem.

But I am reading on the forums, and hearing from friends, that I should be hitting 2500-3000 DPS no problem, in my gear. And I have no idea how I could possibly do that. I figure if I popped a haste potion every time it was on cooldown, and dropped the cash for better weapon enchantments (right now I have two titanium chains until I can get my hit up to 250/300 without them) I could probably swing 2300 tops. And it's not like I think I am a bad player, I do a good job I am almost positive, as I stay in the top 2-3 DPS (and can on the rare occasion, swing 1st) in my 10man runs, and we do good, so its not like my entire guild sucks and I am the king of the sucks.

I guess I just need to freaking get lucky with some heroic drops and change out my 70 epics, or run Naxx a few more times before I'm sitting at 2500+ DPS.

Oh also, they need to freaking itemize Rogue gear better, I don't need so much expertise, I need a lot of hit though!

Out of curiosity what spec are you? I wouldn't worry too much about stacking hit a lot of Rogues in my guild seem to be too focused on that atm, I think i'm a little under the poison hit cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom