• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

Anyone found a good place to farm chilled meat? Seems like after I hit 415 cooking it just stopped dropping off all the level 75ish mobs I farmed a good 4+ stacks from while questing. I'd actually kind of prefer a high level area if possible, just so I can go aoe grind it.

CassSept

firex said:
Anyone found a good place to farm chilled meat? Seems like after I hit 415 cooking it just stopped dropping off all the level 75ish mobs I farmed a good 4+ stacks from while questing. I'd actually kind of prefer a high level area if possible, just so I can go aoe grind it.
1. Random animals in Sholazaar, for example protodrakes, crocodiles, giraffes or these cats. The ones you know dont have their own meat
2. Also the quickest way I found was next to Angmar's Hammer in Dragonblight. These elks and bears dont have their own meat, have decent droprate and die quickly,

But it's funny how you had so many chilled meats in your backpacks and you didn't know what to do, and at 80 when you do need you actually have to go and find any mobs dropping it.
Sigh

firex

I just ran out of them from all the cooking dailies really. not like I had much use for them beyond that when the great feast recipe went green.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So I've been reworking my character a bit (I'm the guy who complained about my DPS a little while ago) and I think I'm seeing a little bit of improvement.

Running Obsidian Santcum/Naxx for the second week now, I've seen a marked improvement in my DPS, on trash its not too significant (1900-2000DPS) but on bosses I can seem to keep a 2500DPS average (depending on if the boss is melee friendly). Basically it just ended up with me stacking a little bit of hit, and reworking my cycle a bit (I am a combat spec rogue) and getting some good gear. My hit was waaaaaaay too low. I know there is not nearly as big of a focus on hit now as there was during BC, but I was sitting at 249 hit with 2 Titanium weapon chains. So I was sacrificing Mongoose (no way I can afford Berserking yet) for that 28 hit on ea weapon. Now I am at 289 hit unbuffed, with mongoose on my offhand at least, hoping to sit at around 300+ hit before I pop mongoose on my mainhand as well and hop my DPS jumps up a few hundred points in the process. I also think getting a 2 set bonus with T7 would really really help with my DPS, and now I think I am 30 emblems away from getting T7 chest (I'm still sporting Isle of Quel'Danas Badge chest piece).

All in all, I can decrease the suck with better gear, but I have a question - I seem to keep sacrificing my haste for more crit/hit gear. Is this a big deal? I am not sure just how helpful stacking a lot of haste will be to me. But the 50% chance to get a free combo point on critical strike is really helpful, so I can see an obvious advantage. But I don't really see having 1.4sec on my offhand strike producing a LOT more energy than 1.5sec. Am I blind?

SleazyC

Kinitari said:
So I've been reworking my character a bit (I'm the guy who complained about my DPS a little while ago) and I think I'm seeing a little bit of improvement.

Running Obsidian Santcum/Naxx for the second week now, I've seen a marked improvement in my DPS, on trash its not too significant (1900-2000DPS) but on bosses I can seem to keep a 2500DPS average (depending on if the boss is melee friendly). Basically it just ended up with me stacking a little bit of hit, and reworking my cycle a bit (I am a combat spec rogue) and getting some good gear. My hit was waaaaaaay too low. I know there is not nearly as big of a focus on hit now as there was during BC, but I was sitting at 249 hit with 2 Titanium weapon chains. So I was sacrificing Mongoose (no way I can afford Berserking yet) for that 28 hit on ea weapon. Now I am at 289 hit unbuffed, with mongoose on my offhand at least, hoping to sit at around 300+ hit before I pop mongoose on my mainhand as well and hop my DPS jumps up a few hundred points in the process. I also think getting a 2 set bonus with T7 would really really help with my DPS, and now I think I am 30 emblems away from getting T7 chest (I'm still sporting Isle of Quel'Danas Badge chest piece).

All in all, I can decrease the suck with better gear, but I have a question - I seem to keep sacrificing my haste for more crit/hit gear. Is this a big deal? I am not sure just how helpful stacking a lot of haste will be to me. But the 50% chance to get a free combo point on critical strike is really helpful, so I can see an obvious advantage. But I don't really see having 1.4sec on my offhand strike producing a LOT more energy than 1.5sec. Am I blind?
Haste has lost some of its value compared to TBC. Depending on where you stand with hit rating, you could argue that Agi, Expertise and Crit rating all are more valuable than haste rating.

OK, so computer woes laid me low this week, so I missed our 3 10 man clear groups for the week, I'll pug Naxx10.

The yawning gulf between all-guild runs with ALTS and CASUALS and this was sad; some doofus even whined that "Grobbulus was too hard; I liked just hitting one button for Patchwerk better". :lol

ONE damager over 2k DPS for the night. I was leading in healing by a country mile while tank healing on every boss.

SleazyC said:
Haste has lost some of its value compared to TBC. Depending on where you stand with hit rating, you could argue that Agi, Expertise and Crit rating all are more valuable than haste rating.

Yah, the melee of the guild were having Theorycrafting discussion before Thursday's raid about that, and about how +hit is now softcapped.

Eteric Rice

God damn I'm having a time getting to 80. 78 now, almost 79. No rested exp makes things a super bitch.

Quests are becoming a pain too. At the later part, some are buggy as hell, or just plain stupid for a pet class.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Leveling JC is a complete bitch, up to 277 just now and pretty much everything I could use to level is like 20-30g each, and considering I have like 400g =( Think I might need to find myself a new guild, especially since I did better in a PUG 10man Naxx than we did this week, I honestly don't see how people can struggle with something like Heigan after two or three attempts.

Any ideas on what to grab for my OH, still using the Ebon Blade rep sword.

Macattk15

Oni Link 666 said:
I got my Black Bear last night. We did all 4 cities the night before but, I fell off the boat in Darkshore and missed SW so, me and this other dude made a trade chat PUG and did SW. I have to say that the honor given for taking out the leaders is pretty crap compared to what you can get in a half an hour in WG.

Here's a pic of me on all my bears.

Here's my armory link.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Kunoichi

I'm still wearing the S3 helm. I just can't bring myself to get rid of it until I get another helm with a meta gem slot. I'll probably get the Savage gladiator's one until I can get the one from H VH or my Bonescythe. And, I'm still wearing the Shadowsong Panther. I guess Blizz stopped doing passive AP with on use AP. I haven't seen any others like that. It still pisses me off that there's no new panther figurine or Shifting Twilight Opal for that matter. My 27 agility dragon's JC's gems will do for those pesky blue slots though. :lol And I got the 8 hit 3 mp5 cut for my hunter's blue slots.

Speaking of my hunter, she is 75 now and completely done with both Boring Tundra and Howling Fjord. I think I can see why we're getting nerfed. I soloed every single quest in both the zones with my cat no problem. I couldn't do that on my Rogue when I was that level and I did the zones in the same order.

It's kind of hard going through these zones again. It's just not nearly as exciting. I can't wait until I get to 76 and can get some quests in Sholazar. I've been saving that zone just for my hunter. Loque will be mine.

Lol you're on my server.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Sicar

Won

Earning some money for my bike starts to get hard. Both saronite and frostweave prices suck at the moment on my server. :(

Well I'm sufficiently bored by the game. Arenas are terrrrible as is. It's not a omg ret or omgrogues or omg dks thing. The actual arenas are just boring. Mana is infinite for pretty much anyone and dps is entirely spike damage, it's become basically impossible to screw up and have it mean anything.

Macattk15

Just ran 25 man Sartharion (no drakes). The damage meter is Sartharion alone.

I told Culprit to use your spec Ardhavara ... he likes it a lot more than 2H'er.

Xabora

Macattk15 said:

I told Culprit to use your spec Ardhavara ... he likes it a lot more than 2H'er.

:O AWESOME!

I tweaked my build a tad for more damage. (Less RP though)

EDIT:
After doing some reading, theory crafting... I'm prolly going 0/44/27 once the patch is released.

Works best with S/F combo.

Lord Phol

firex said:
But at 20%, it procs constantly on at least one mob if you are aoeing 3+. It's not like a 20% chance over the duration of the whole spell, at least going by how often I saw it working while tanking instances (pally tank). I think it was more like a 20% chance per tick. I mean, it just really trivialized stuff heavily. About the only thing that could be as bad is stacking 3 shamans for Hex spam, and I'm not kidding. This is how death and decay worked to begin with, though, which is why they took the cowering part out and made it into a glyph. I mean, I'd really hardly call it minor CC because the proc was absurdly high on it, even if it was random and uncontrollable.

Besides, it's just a glyph. Now it goes from being essential (and expensive) to something you can probably drop for a more focused glyph, or keep if it fits your playstyle.

Perhaps you're right, will have to see it in action before making any final judgements.
Just don't like the loss of control.

On another note, can't wait for the next patch with the tanking fixes. It's really not fun at the moment with all the burst damage you take, even the healers on my realm are getting tired of the spikiness. I do enjoy the occasional tanking, so here's hoping everything works out.

Proc

Loving the hell out of this game. I've finally got to spend some time at 80 now that the semester is over. Been running sooo many heroics. Been gearing up fairly quickly and doing everything I can pre-naxx.

Can anyone reccomend a not-so-expensive alternative to the berserker enchant? My daggies could use some love, but I aint made of money.

Here's a link to my toon, just in case if anyone wants to pug on my realm:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Hollowed

Ikuu

Seeing those sorts of numbers just makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, maybe it's the raid composition I end up in, lack of gear, or I'm just doing something wrong.

I take it 44/27 is pretty much this, http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZG0ethxzRhoV0sZf0hhxckx0o, with maybe some freedom with the Frost talents. Is Frost Strike even worth using? Or does it crit pretty nice even with a 1h?

firex

I wonder if CE will ever be useful after it's changed to an RP dump. At the very least it will give frost/unholy DKs another aoe compared to how it's kind of crappy now.

Ikuu

Yay, Deathcharger's Reins on my third run farming it, shame I didn't get any Essence of Undeath, which was the reason I was running Strath.

ToddG15

A friend offered to transfer me his 70 Warlock so that we could game together (I’m usually Horde, he’s alliance) but I’ve never played a high level warlock before. What’s the play style like for Warlocks at that level and beyond? My friend is already 80 on his main, so I’m trying to decide if I want to use his Warlock, get his Warlock and create a Death Knight or just start from scratch with some other class.

firex

I doubt the playstyle changed much from vanilla to TBC, but in WotLK it might have changed a lot. either way, originally I played a lock (and got bored of him by the time TBC came out) and depending upon spec, you tend to either run your pet into mob camps (if demo/destro) or just chain pull/fear mobs after dotting them up (if affliction). It's pretty fast either way, really, because you'll take very little damage yourself, and a full course of dots (if affliction) or like the standard CoE, immolate, shadowbolt/incinerate, conflag rotation will kill a single mob, so you just keep pulling until you've gotta eat/drink, which is after a ton of mobs.

Macattk15

Weenerz said:
macattack your UI is so nice, what mods are you using?

Pretty simple. Nothing fancy.

Dominoes Bars
Xperl Unitframes
PRAT (Chat window)
Eavesdrop (Combat window)
Recount

There are various other ones that you cannot see however.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
anyone got some good info on feral druid dps in WotLK?

gear, gems, enchants, stats, rotations etc.

i've done some reading on elitist jerks, but i'm looking for more.

xabre

Banned
What are some of the current trade goods in serious demand right now? And for what reason? I've only been back playing for a little under a week and 'auctioneering' is one of my favourite pastimes with WoW so I'm trying to work where I should invest my time and money.

Xabora

Ikuu said:
Yay, Deathcharger's Reins on my third running farming it, shame I didn't get any Essence of Undeath, which was the reason I was running Strath.
O_O

I hate you for getting it so fast. :mad:

border

firex said:
or just chain pull/fear mobs after dotting them up (if affliction). It's pretty fast either way, really, because you'll take very little damage yourself, and a full course of dots (if affliction) or like the standard CoE, immolate, shadowbolt/incinerate, conflag rotation will kill a single mob, so you just keep pulling until you've gotta eat/drink, which is after a ton of mobs.
I never understood how people did that, given that the feared mob will go pull a bunch of other shit most of the time. You can get away with it in low-density areas, but usually it's more hassle than it's worth. Not to mention the number of mobs that will die 25 yards away and you have to waste time running around to loot shit.

I'm not sure if you can even do it anymore, given that fear breaks after X amount of damage now. I'm Affliction and I just let the mobs beat on me. Between Haunt's heal, Dark Pact, Siphon Life, and LifeTap, you can come out of most fights with 100% health, 100% mana. I've been trying to figure out a way to go faster though.....with spell pushback so reduced I usually just start putting Haunt on the next mob while the first one smacks away.

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
When is the next patch coming out?
dcga69.jpg

Tomorrow I hope.

Xabora

Macattk15 said:

Tell him to go F/F. (UH Pres)

2min focus tests, can't conjure up a raid right now so a target dummy has to do.
11mdo4z.jpg

Single target, no group buffs.

Xabora

Ikuu said:
Fast/Fast
Standard for most classes DWing is Slow/Fast (2.6/2.5 + 1.6/1.5) weapons.

Sullen said:
What is your rotation like with that build Xabora?
IT->PS->HB->BSx2->DCx2
HB->IT->PS->IT->IT->Gargoyle (If you have 80-100RP, if not wait till next rotation)
IT->PS->HB->BSx2->DCx1 (Make sure you have exactly 100RP Before you do this or else you risk loosing your Gargoyle)
IT->PS->HB->IT->IT->DCx1/DCx2 (If the Gargoyle is still up, 2 if not)

This is with UH Presence so your working with a 1 second GCD.

Macattk15

Xabora said:
Fast/Fast
Standard for most classes DWing is Slow/Fast (2.6/2.5 + 1.6/1.5) weapons.

IT->PS->HB->BSx2->DCx2
HB->IT->PS->IT->IT->Gargoyle (If you have 80-100RP, if not wait till next rotation)
IT->PS->HB->BSx2->DCx1 (Make sure you have exactly 100RP Before you do this or else you risk loosing your Gargoyle)
IT->PS->HB->IT->IT->DCx1/DCx2 (If the Gargoyle is still up, 2 if not)

This is with UH Presence so your working with a 1 second GCD.

Meh show me raids.

I'm trying to get all of our DK's this spec. More dps is good dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom