• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to Level 74 on my Death Knight. Really enjoying Wrath so far. Both the instances and the quests and zones. And really enjoying the Death Knight. Both when grinding, and when tanking.

Oh and I have to say...Dragonblight is an awesome zone, especially for lore whore's like myself.

J-Rzez

firex said:
I've mostly bought plans with my JC dailies, but now I'm buying Dragon Eyes so I can make my tank ring. Then I'm gonna buy the caster and dps ring forms and see what I can do to craft those, too. JC is just so good in this expansion. Eventually I'll learn all the forms, but it doesn't even matter to me right now beyond epics and metas (of which I have lots of good ones).

Yep, I have the tanking ring on my DK, it's quality stuff as my guild is still gearing up for the bigger raids.

Chris R

ToyMachine228 said:
Up to Level 74 on my Death Knight. Really enjoying Wrath so far. Both the instances and the quests and zones. And really enjoying the Death Knight. Both when grinding, and when tanking.

Oh and I have to say...Dragonblight is an awesome zone, especially for lore whore's like myself.
Of all the zones I've "done" (IE completed and got the questing achievement) I'd put it at the top of the list too.

Dragonblight > Howling Fjord > Grizzly Hills > Boring Tundra

The best thing about Dragonblight though was getting my epic flyer back and being able to cross the land and really speed up the rate at which I was doing quests :lol Don't know if I'll like Icecrown or Storm Peaks, seems like a bunch of elites and I can't solo anything anymore as a Mage :(

so bored, i make my own fun!

WoWScrnShot_122408_183454.jpg

Did Karazhan yesterday for the first time, the entire thing. pug group; couple lv80s and everyone else under lv76. Got 22 badges, so now I have 23 total :lol

8 manned Netherspite, 7 manned Nightbane (people were leaving for Christmas shit)

Onemic

Being a DK sucks ass if you're not already in a raiding guild. No one wants us :( And I'm pretty much stuck with nothing but pre-raiding gear, and can only do PUGs....and you know how those usually turn out.

Macattk15

onemic said:
Being a DK sucks ass if you're not already in a raiding guild. No one wants us :( And I'm pretty much stuck with nothing but pre-raiding gear, and can only do PUGs....and you know how those usually turn out.

DK's are the new Rogues. Overabundant and mostly bad players (in my experience).

firex

yeah, not many people know how to play DK. In a few months we'll have better DK players on every server as people learn better how to tank/dps with them. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever level mine up though. I got him to I think 60 or 61 and got bored because I hate the Outland grind, but I guess when I can get him some heirloom gear it'll be better. It kind of sucks you can't enchant heirlooms though. They should at least let you runeforge them if you hand them down to a DK, and just have the runeforge disappear when you mail it to someone else.

onemic said:

If you're willing to tank it's really not that hard to find group's. Just build your tanking gear and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've been in groups with dozens of DKs who when it comes time to tank they say "im dps lol" and I tank. And the group usually goes fine, and I of course get to stay in the group if one of the DKs has to leave.

If there's any class that's been a terrible let down for my in Wrath of the Lich King, it's Resto Druids. I've grouped with three Resto Druids for dungeons and all three groups didn't even make it to the first boss because the healer couldn't handle it. Always letting me (the tank) die. At first I thought I might need more mitigation but it's not the case at all. Paladins, Priests and Shamans can heal me just fine and my tanking gear has improved a lot. It could just be bad luck with crappy Druids, but I don't know. We'll see.

firex said:
yeah, not many people know how to play DK. In a few months we'll have better DK players on every server as people learn better how to tank/dps with them. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever level mine up though. I got him to I think 60 or 61 and got bored because I hate the Outland grind, but I guess when I can get him some heirloom gear it'll be better. It kind of sucks you can't enchant heirlooms though. They should at least let you runeforge them if you hand them down to a DK, and just have the runeforge disappear when you mail it to someone else.
Can enchant with ZG shoulder enchants and OMGCRUSADAR

Kweh

I see there are quite a few different types of flying drakes now, and I wouldn't mind one, but are they all incredibly hard or time consuming to get? I don't fancy rep grinding. What is the easiest one to get? I'm guessing you can't just buy one from a vendor like other flying mounts.

Onemic

I honestly didn't realize hoe profitable trading was until now. I can simply buy all the cobalt ore from the AH for 35g, smelt them into bars and then sell them for 55g, making me a nice 20g profit on each stack.

Jube3

Kweh said:
I see there are quite a few different types of flying drakes now, and I wouldn't mind one, but are they all incredibly hard or time consuming to get? I don't fancy rep grinding. What is the easiest one to get? I'm guessing you can't just buy one from a vendor like other flying mounts.

If you mean proto-drakes no, no easy way to get one unless you get lucky and catch the rare spawn. Regular drakes you can do the heroic timed Strat run for the bronze drake and you can buy the red one from wyrmcrest rep.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dinged 80 a week ago, and have been getting some heroics in with my psuedo-guild (half of 'em are in guild, the other half, not.)

Breezed through all of them (other than giving up quickly on the skirmishers in H AN with quest blue'd out party :lol), but went through Old Kingdom last night, and hell, is that place brutal on Heroic mode. We must have gotten pwned by the Insanity debuff like 10 times.

Reason? Because it's fucking impossible to kill the healer in the "alternate dimension" since she just spammed nourish. I was the only one capable of getting through it. I ended up pretty much 2 manning it, with the healer and myself, and just throwing down a rebirth to the moonkin after the debuff ended.

Well I'm leveling my DK at a brisk pace. He's level 67, hope to ding 68 today and head into Northrend. I planned on staying in Outlands until 70, but I just can't stand it here anymore. I've picked up my pace though, getting about 3-4 levels within the past few days. Hopefully I can find a guild that will let me DPS in their raids. I know DK's aren't wanted too much right now, but I usually top the charts of my groups and such, so I know how to play one. I guess if worse comes to worse I'll work on my tanking gear or level my Pally that I've been putting off.

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
Can enchant with ZG shoulder enchants and OMGCRUSADAR
oh snap, time to farm orbs then. Guess I'll be buying the pvp heirlooms so I can save emblems for when they add new upgrades for my pally.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ToyMachine228 said:
Not only did I just see a Paladin with a Thunderfury for the first time. It was a Blood Elf Paladin.

My only question is "why?"

Seems so.....so, pointless.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Love RAF, got a friend farming instances for me while my Warrior and Druid sit around in a mix of level 1 and instance drops =D

border

I've been following James' Horde Leveling guide, but I've made it all the way through Grizzly Hills with both of the characters I'm running. Are there any guides that go beyond that zone (lvl 77+)?

Or can anyone suggest the next best place to go at level 77. I've already done Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, and Grizzly Hills. Haven't touched any other zones.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
border said:
I've been following James' Horde Leveling guide, but I've made it all the way through Grizzly Hills with both of the characters I'm running. Are there any guides that go beyond that zone (lvl 77+)?

Or can anyone suggest the next best place to go at level 77. I've already done Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, and Grizzly Hills. Haven't touched any other zones.

Zul'Drak or Scholo. I did all those zones you listed and those two and got to 80. Actually I was halfway through scholozar.

Cipherr

border said:

Zul drak. Youll get your bandage recipe. Youll open up that argent crusade daily. There is lots of cobalt if your still in need of it and the questing in the first half of zuldrak (before you move up to the snowy areas and start on those quest hubs) is insanely dense, and a joke if your on your flying mount already. I recommend doing ZD until you get to the quest hub in the snowy area then switching off to Scholozar Basin to get your Oracle faction achievements taken care of.

Chris R

Also keep doing the dailies that you have run across. I'm at 78.5 and I'm about half done with Grizzly Hills. Should easily be at 79 when I'm done, and then Zul Drak is where I'm headed... I hate Scholo because every time I go there I stop killing things and start flying around mining :(

Won

Yes! Baron dropped my mount today. Took me "only" 15 runs! Also got my mechano-hog yesterday. Looks like good weekend for mounts. Need to do the Culling time run again. Lost the roll the last two times. :(

firex

I finally made my epic tank ring, so my pally's over 25k hp unbuffed. not too bad considering my mix of heroic epics, rep rewards, and like two emblem items.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, my Prot specced Warrior is now level 23 and I really can't believe how wicked Protection is for leveling up. Slap on a Glyph of Revenge the first chance you get and you're murdering the shit out of everything.

My only question is this (and going forward). What kind of weapons am I looking to equip when it comes to leveling up versus tanking? Mainly, I'm looking for what kind of speed I should be looking for.

traveler

Not Wario
Xabora said:
Heres the parse for tonight with my 32/39 F/F Build on Patchwerk.
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/1114862#damageout

Picked up two new rings, the grobby ring and Ring of Death. :D

I was really hoping to avoid going the 32/39 spec as I hate having to manage the Gargoyle and Ghoul (yes, they're relatively simple but one of the reasons I left my lock for the dk was to go petless) but your gear is almost identical to mine and you're putting out ~2000 more dps, so I think what I should do here is pretty undebatable. :lol

I know you mentioned the priority system earlier, and that's really what I've been doing myself, but is there any kind of set rotation you even loosely follow? And what would be a good pair of blades to start dual wielding with? (I'm thinking of saving up for the Grasscutter and pairing that with the Wyrmrest blade, pending any better drops before then)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Think I'm getting addicted to AoE farming SM Cath for my alts, just too easy clearing the place in three pulls, only annoying thing is ALT+Tabbing on this old machine and /follow breaking on everything.

Chris R

Kintaro said:
So, my Prot specced Warrior is now level 23 and I really can't believe how wicked Protection is for leveling up. Slap on a Glyph of Revenge the first chance you get and you're murdering the shit out of everything.

My only question is this (and going forward). What kind of weapons am I looking to equip when it comes to leveling up versus tanking? Mainly, I'm looking for what kind of speed I should be looking for.
I have a Fury warrior leveling up at 24 so it would be interesting to see the exact difference between the two :lol I don't think I could live without DW though, shit dies so damn fast

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
rhfb said:
I have a Fury warrior leveling up at 24 so it would be interesting to see the exact difference between the two :lol I don't think I could live without DW though, shit dies so damn fast

I thought so too, but now it's like Thunder Clap > Block > Revenge > Heroic Strike > Dead.

yeah my prot warrior is at 32 now. my weapon is the heirloom thrashblade with probably isnt the best weapon to go for but it hits nicely and the proc is nasty. with crusader on it i'm charging into groups of mobs and just back peddaling around into other groups as more mobs go down. for quests like kill X of X I usually finish them without leaving combat. reminds me of leveling my pally as prot when TBC came out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
WoWScrnShot_122708_230231.jpg

Finally got a proto drake, and a green one on top of that! With my 1st oracle egg! I think i might be the 1st one on my server with it hehe.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
My dad got my wife and I the expansion for christmas. We haven't played since 5 months after bc came out. Looks like we're hopping back in

So what's a draenei shammy to do these days? I'm quite out of touch.

Mele or Caster? What's the preferred build with suggested spec?

Xabora

onemic said:
What's with the 2 really low DPS guys? Dd they just hit 80 or something?
Two Tanks. :p

traveler said:
I was really hoping to avoid going the 32/39 spec as I hate having to manage the Gargoyle and Ghoul (yes, they're relatively simple but one of the reasons I left my lock for the dk was to go petless) but your gear is almost identical to mine and you're putting out ~2000 more dps, so I think what I should do here is pretty undebatable. :lol

I know you mentioned the priority system earlier, and that's really what I've been doing myself, but is there any kind of set rotation you even loosely follow? And what would be a good pair of blades to start dual wielding with? (I'm thinking of saving up for the Grasscutter and pairing that with the Wyrmrest blade, pending any better drops before then)
Correct, snag the GC and the Wyrmrest Fang. (both should be 1.5/1.6 weapon speed).

As for rotation I follow:
IT PS HB BS BS DC (Until Empty)
HB IT PS IT PS IT IT DC (If 70 pop Gargoyle + Trinket instead of DC)
HB IT PS BS BS DC (If you have enough to use without sucking the RP from the Garg)

I'm also really tired and thats off the top of my head.
(Disclaimer: I'm tired so the rotation I listed might not be 100% accurate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom