• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Xabora said:
Two Tanks. :p

Correct, snag the GC and the Wyrmrest Fang. (both should be 1.5/1.6 weapon speed).

As for rotation I follow:
IT PS HB BS BS DC (Until Empty)
HB IT PS IT PS IT IT DC (If 70 pop Gargoyle + Trinket instead of DC)
HB IT PS BS BS DC (If you have enough to use without sucking the RP from the Garg)

I'm also really tired and thats off the top of my head.
(Disclaimer: I'm tired so the rotation I listed might not be 100% accurate)

Your raid comp is gross for a 10 man lol. 3 DK's? 1 ranged?

And the other 2 DK's are failsauce. Can't you teach em something???

Onemic

Xabora said:

Correct, snag the GC and the Wyrmrest Fang. (both should be 1.5/1.6 weapon speed).

HB IT PS BS BS DC (If you have enough to use without sucking the RP from the Garg)

Are you in a raiding guild by any chance? Because your DPS is out of this world insane.

Aeris130

Anyone care to help a wow noob out? Just finished the Deathholme quests with my Blood Elf paladin (+ reporting it to that orc guy), and now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do next. So far everything's been flowing on pretty consistently, but I really can't figure out if there's some place I'm supposed to go next.

Currently on level 21, which puts Eastern Plaguelands way out of my league.

witness

Aeris130 said:
Anyone care to help a wow noob out? Just finished the Deathholme quests with my Blood Elf paladin (+ reporting it to that orc guy), and now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do next. So far everything's been flowing on pretty consistently, but I really can't figure out if there's some place I'm supposed to go next.

You just head back to Org and make your way to the barens or ashenvale, be ready for the crappy old world.

CassSept

Ashenvale or Hillsbrad now. If you want leveling to be easier download QuestHelper, this addon helps really a lot.
Org - Orgrimmar ;p

onemic said:
Are you in a raiding guild by any chance? Because your DPS is out of this world insane.
4k isn't insane, even muti rogues shouldn't have problems with pulling out 4k dps :p Especially on Patchwerk.

border

Aeris130 said:

Take the teleporter from Silvermoon to Undercity. Then go to Hilsbrad.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
CassSept said:
Ashenvale or Hillsbrad now. If you want leveling to be easier download QuestHelper, this addon helps really a lot.
Org - Orgrimmar ;p

4k isn't insane, even muti rogues shouldn't have problems with pulling out 4k dps :p Especially on Patchwerk.

I can barely hit 2k on heroics with my rogue and i already got a couple of epics. Am i doing something wrong or raid dps is always bigger than heroics?(havent started them yet) Because even if my dps is often near 1.8/1.9k on heroics pug... i'm also #1 on Recount about 75% of the time... :s

zam

Bisnic said:
I can barely hit 2k on heroics with my rogue and i already got a couple of epics. Am i doing something wrong or raid dps is always bigger than heroics?(havent started them yet) Because even if my dps is often near 1.8/1.9k on heroics pug... i'm also #1 on Recount about 75% of the time... :s
In raids you should have a lot more buffs than in heroics, so as a rule your dps will always be higher, also the boss fights last longer, which is beneficial for rogues, the longer the fight goes the higher dps we do.

I'm playing a 7/51/13 rogue and I'm doing consistently around 4k dps on most bosses in naxx.

Swedomu

Banned
Baron mount! Finally

ScreenShot_122808_134529.jpg

Xabora

Macattk15 said:
Your raid comp is gross for a 10 man lol. 3 DK's? 1 ranged?

And the other 2 DK's are failsauce. Can't you teach em something???
That raid that I linked was winged, because some of our dps for that run was on vacation.

I have been trying... >_>
onemic said:
Yupo.
Our Druid, Falcona is normally on par with his DPS.
Sadly during the Patckwerk fight he pulled too much agro and was one shotted. X_X

CassSept said:
My highest to date is about 5k DPS, however... I can't remember my priorities and rotation when I did that. >_>

Swedomu said:
Baron mount! Finally

ScreenShot_122808_134529.jpg
Gratzo!

Macattk15

My gear is slowly getting upgraded.

Max DPS on a non-gimmick fight I've done is about 6k on 25 man patchwerk. I've broken 11k on Thaddius 25 haha. Such a ridiculous fight damage wise.

Two questions

i'm about to upgrade to a regular world of warcraft account. Before i do that what server does GAF mainly play on? and

does anyone want to recruit me?

Xabora

The S-Word said:
Two questions

i'm about to upgrade to a regular world of warcraft account. Before i do that what server does GAF mainly play on? and

I'm on Madoran-US... couple other people are... I have no idea.

Alex

What kind of DPS should I be getting solo, on the heroic dummy, as an Unholy DK? I'm using my friends, and I can get it to 2300 if i work really hard at it, I'm so not good at this though :lol

He has mostly heroic and 10 man gear, BSmithing mace, 4 pc T7, 3100 AP and 32% crit totally unbuffed.

I'm especially bad at syncing up, even on a training dummy, a good time to use the gargoyle :(

Xabora

Alex said:
What kind of DPS should I be getting solo, on the heroic dummy, as an Unholy DK? I'm using my friends, and I can get it to 2300 if i work really hard at it, I'm so not good at this though :lol
I can't give you an estimate on damage with unholy.
Its pretty much the one build I cannot use effectively. :(

CassSept

Xabora said:
My highest to date is about 5k DPS, however... I can't remember my priorities and rotation when I did that. >_>
Probably Loatheb - just did 7.5k dps on it (would be more but we tried doing spore loser achievment, but it seems its bugged)
But yeah, bugged HaT ftw. Patchwerk - 6.2k dps. Pewpew.

I'd throw some numbers about mutilate, but haven't played it for few weeks and i've gotten few upgrades since then. And most of all - i don't remember exact numbers from back then.
But yeah, rogues are overall not so easy to play and many retards play this class, that's what gives us such a bad reputation among most WoW players :(

Swedomu said:
Baron mount! Finally
GZ!

Xabora

CassSept said:
Probably Loatheb - just did 7.5k dps on it (would be more but we tried doing spore loser achievment, but it seems its bugged)
But yeah, bugged HaT ftw. Patchwerk - 6.2k dps. Pewpew.

I'd throw some numbers about mutilate, but haven't played it for few weeks and i've gotten few upgrades since then. And most of all - i don't remember exact numbers from back then.
But yeah, rogues are overall not so easy to play and many retards play this class, that's what gives us such a bad reputation among most WoW players :(
Well considering your in a 25man, buffs are going to be better and helps with DPS. :lol

Right now I'm kinda waiting for my shoulders to drop and stablize my hit to help with my DPS.

And then the patch... DPS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!
4jx35l.jpg

Ran Drak'Tharon Keep for the first time today on my 76 Death Knight. I have been tanking the instances that I run, and want to tank at 80. Fully buffed I was over 20K HP at 76, so I'm pretty psyched to hit that mark.

border

The S-Word said:
Two questions

There is no GAF server.....everyone plays across many servers. One of the most deep flaws in the game is that if you meet someone from real life (or a message board) that plays WoW, you'll never be able to play with them if you already have established characters on separate servers. You can do a character transfer for $15 or whatever, but only once every few months.....who wants to do that just to play with 1 other person?

Blizzard obviously has the tech to transfer characters from server to server at will, but I guess they feel like letting people do that freely would compromise other aspects of the game. I expect that their next MMO will solve this problem somehow, though I bet if they thought hard enough about it they could come up with a solution for WoW.

I'd be fine with unlimited transfers, so long as it was only a transfer of your character and the gear he/she was wearing (no inventory or money transferred). That way you could switch servers to help out a friend, but your presence would not have much of an affect on the economy. When you were done playing together, you could return to your main server and get all your stuff back. Any drops or items you get while on your non-native server become bound to that server, but are freely accessible anytime you revisit.

SleazyC

Bisnic said:
Got an armory link? I am slowly gearing up and still do relatively poor dps (usually hover between 2.7k-3.5k depending on the fight) but feel like I have a lot of breathing room as many of the slots where I need upgrades should net some big dps gains.

CassSept

Xabora said:
Well considering your in a 25man, buffs are going to be better and helps with DPS. :lol

Right now I'm kinda waiting for my shoulders to drop and stablize my hit to help with my DPS.

And then the patch... DPS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!
Yeah I know, though last week in our guild there was Naxx run with 3 rogues and 2 enh shamans to max out dps and do achievments:lol

And patch... well at least mutilate is fun to play.... but considering they are buffing most of classes and fixing HaT, rogues are SO fucked :<

Carl2282

I know It's not as big of a deal now, but I pugged my way to my new title
14cskn4.jpg

I would have never imagined dpsing on my pally ( was my alt for raid healing in tbc) over my rogue.

Macattk15

You pugged a Malygos kill ... ?

It HAD to of been with mostly a full guild run. I would say that is one of the least puggable fights ever.

Carl2282

nope I mean now its less of a pug since we kinda fell into a core of people who show up on alts that aren't needed for guild runs. Don't get me wrong Malygos was fucking hard and took us a ton of time to finally get down.... just a lot of stubborn people in one place and one time :lol

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm up to 16 titles now : )

And I'm pretty close to 'Justicar' and 'Salty' and 'Chef' (when they make it obtainable)

20 titles soon! Pls blv

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LAUGHTREY said:
Looking for upgrades to get into Naxx. Any help? I'm thinking about dropping mining and getting Inscription for the Shoulder Enchant instead of the Son's of Hodir one. It's almost worth it also since that's the only other profession our guild lacks.

Any advice to get my guildies off my back? I almost think I could tank Naxx in my craftables.
It's hard for me to condone dropping any 450 profession, as the rewards usually aren't worth the trouble, especially when the Sons of Hodir inscription is available and easy to do, even easier since most people don't even bother for the Everfrost chips. It doesn't help that Inscription is a generally un-exciting profession. At least with BS you're getting the two sockets plus belt buckles, although I know you aren't dropping that. It's a decent money-maker too if you turn stuff into the right items.

Upgrades: running Heroic Violet Hold for the Bolstered Legplates; they are the best upgrade in my opinion for anyone hugging the Defense soft cap, since the def rating on them is very close to the rating on the Daunting, but with more stats and a socket. The other big upgrade you might look at is replacing the tempered Saronite Shoulders; the ones I'm looking for for my warrior toon are the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37814#comments, Iron Dwarf Smith Pauldrons, which even if you dont' have a group that can beat Heroic HoL, you can get cause it's the first guy in the dungeon.

Besides, you could probably tank Naxx 10 without any upgrades.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SleazyC said:
Got an armory link? I am slowly gearing up and still do relatively poor dps (usually hover between 2.7k-3.5k depending on the fight) but feel like I have a lot of breathing room as many of the slots where I need upgrades should net some big dps gains.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Xesyos

Like i said, i havent started raids yet, so only 7 items are epics from LW, Heroics, or Rep rewards. And my DPS hover between 1.7k and 2k on heroics runs... i dont know if im doing something wrong or if its just normal with my gear. I'm not mutilate, so i'm not abusing that HaT bug lol.

Kletian

Angry Grimace said:
I thought they were just letting you start one on on a realm you don't have a 55 on.

Yeah the level 55 requirement still stands, you just dont have to make the DK on the same server as that level 55.

traveler

Not Wario
Xabora said:

Thanks for the info. Got two more questions that I think I may already know the answers to based on some stuff I saw over at EJ- what kind of glyphs fit this kind of build and whats the best sigil? I'm guessing my minor glyphs (horn, pest, and blood tap) will be able to stay the same and I'll just need to switch out the frost strike and obliterate majors I've been using for something else. And, for the sigil, I'm assuming Frozen Conscience, which hits with the next patch, will be best.

Xabora

traveler said:
Thanks for the info. Got two more questions that I think I may already know the answers to based on some stuff I saw over at EJ- what kind of glyphs fit this kind of build and whats the best sigil? I'm guessing my minor glyphs (horn, pest, and blood tap) will be able to stay the same and I'll just need to switch out the frost strike and obliterate majors I've been using for something else. And, for the sigil, I'm assuming Frozen Conscience, which hits with the next patch, will be best.
Correct, you also want the 20% str ghoul glyph (40% str and stam next patch) IT Glyph.
Last one you can fit to your choice.

Today, I test another DW Build.

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
Yep. Anyone know when said patch might release?
Tomorrow, next Tuesday, the Tuesday after, the Tuesday after that, the Tuesday that would also be after that, the next Tuesday after the previous Tuesday, etc etc.

Xabora said:
Tomorrow, next Tuesday, the Tuesday after, the Tuesday after that, the Tuesday that would also be after that, the next Tuesday after the previous Tuesday, etc etc.
Interesting. So one can assume that patches come out on Tuesdays...

Either way, I don't think I've ever been so excited for a patch. I'm getting a Raptor mount DAY ONE.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I truly fear what Arena is going to become next season or the one after. It looks like it maybe season 4 except every healer is going to be a Druid. Right now the Burst is definitely at the high point. But seeing a Disc priest still hold up against it to almost every class, Minus rogues. And with how useless non stun/fear CC has become. Its not going to be pretty.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Lamonster said:
Does a marksmanship hunter stand a chance in the arena? Do you have to be at least lvl 70 or 80 or what?

I'm a total arena nub...

Lain

Today was my lucky day, got the White polar bear mount from the daily (so can stop doing them), and also the t7 shoulders from 25man naxx (which was so boring, 10man are lots more fun for me).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Angry Grimace said:
It's hard for me to condone dropping any 450 profession, as the rewards usually aren't worth the trouble, especially when the Sons of Hodir inscription is available and easy to do, even easier since most people don't even bother for the Everfrost chips. It doesn't help that Inscription is a generally un-exciting profession. At least with BS you're getting the two sockets plus belt buckles, although I know you aren't dropping that. It's a decent money-maker too if you turn stuff into the right items.

Upgrades: running Heroic Violet Hold for the Bolstered Legplates; they are the best upgrade in my opinion for anyone hugging the Defense soft cap, since the def rating on them is very close to the rating on the Daunting, but with more stats and a socket. The other big upgrade you might look at is replacing the tempered Saronite Shoulders; the ones I'm looking for for my warrior toon are the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37814#comments, Iron Dwarf Smith Pauldrons, which even if you dont' have a group that can beat Heroic HoL, you can get cause it's the first guy in the dungeon.

Besides, you could probably tank Naxx 10 without any upgrades.

Got an equivalent of the shoulders from Gun today, daresay better since i put a 8 parry 8 defense gem in it. Ran VH but didn't drop the pants. Will keep trying that.

Chris R

500+ length queues are back on my server :( I wish it was per character because I wouldn't mind logging in and leveling my alts who aren't in northrend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom