• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I get a Frostweave Bag for 124g at the AH? That's the best deal I've seen and seems like gathering the mats for friends to create would be even more expensive.

Is 124g a good deal?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Lamonster said:
Should I get a Frostweave Bag for 124g at the AH? That's the best deal I've seen and seems like gathering the mats for friends to create would be even more expensive.

Is 124g a good deal?
No. Just buy 16 slot netherweaves for 5. It's really really really not that hard to not fill all your slots unless you just carry junk everywhere. If you clean your bags out, you can run 5+ Heroics in a row before needed to clear out.

Angry Grimace said:
No. Just buy 16 slot netherweaves for 5. It's really really really not that hard to not fill all your slots unless you just carry junk everywhere. If you clean your bags out, you can run 5+ Heroics in a row before needed to clear out.
Unless you are a hunter. Then there's no option but Gigantiques.

Son of Godzilla said:
lol I am a hunter. What does being a hunter have to do with it?

Anyway, I already have all Netherweave Bags. I need MOAR, but I'd just like some confirmation or denial that 124g is a good deal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Son of Godzilla said:
Or the 22-Slot Dragon Hide bag that Sartharion drops.

Angry Grimace

The Lamonster said:
lol I am a hunter. What does being a hunter have to do with it?

Anyway, I already have all Netherweave Bags. I need MOAR, but I'd just like some confirmation or denial that 124g is a good deal.
90 Frostweave cloths + 12 infinite dust is what it costs to make, so judge that against the cost.

I personally think that's completely and utterly insane. Bag space is the biggest waste of money out there in my opinion because unlike Epic Gear, you could easily just move some stuff into your bank rather than just keeping it around your bag.

Just buy more bag slots in your bank for more space in there.

Angry Grimace said:
90 Frostweave cloths + 12 infinite dust is what it costs to make, so judge that against the cost.

I personally think that's completely and utterly insane. Bag space is the biggest waste of money out there in my opinion because unlike Epic Gear, you could easily just move some stuff into your bank rather than just keeping it around your bag.

Just buy more bag slots in your bank for more space in there.
Well here's my reasoning: I'm a hunter who solos all the time, and I basically hang out in the wild doing quests and only return to cities when my bags are full. If I have more slots, I can be "out there" for a longer amount of time.

Yeah, I'm basically the Bear Grylls of wow.

firex

a lot of my bags are still full but it's because I'm lazy and don't want to vendor stuff. or I don't want to sell off all my frostweave or whatever. or I don't want to vendor all my food/water (well, no way I would vendor my feasts, but I like having a stack of food/water for instances since I never get mages).

if you want bigger bags, just try buying imbued netherweave bags. I pretty much don't see those anymore but if they're up there, they'll be cheap as hell because they're 18 slots. I have yet to buy a frostweave bag myself, actually, because I got full imbued netherweaves awhile ago, and now if I really need more 18 slot bags I can go solo Ony for them.

Alex

I'm a chronic spender, but I've always been cheap about bags. I found all of my traveler's bags in Classic, and I used them until LK at which point I decided to just farm Ony for 18 slotters. :lol Good money, though.

So far my WotLK farming has pretty much been:

1.) Get a pal!

2.) Farm through Maiden in Kara (especially those large, low HP trash mobs in the dining and aux area, they drop a lot of money and greens to vendor). Going for mount drops anyway so the money is just a nice bonus

3.) Farm Ony (Drops about 80g if you duo her, plus epics to sell, plus a bag if you need it, plus at least two blues. Last lock I got a blue shitty old world trinket and sold it for 300g... people will buy anything).

4.) Farm ZG. I do Blood Lord/Tiger Boss every lock for the mounts, but if you are a fisher I strongly suggest going for the fishing boss too. If you get the book drop on my server its about 2000g i think.

You could probably make more doing some more menail things, but old world raid farms are fun, very fast if you have decent gear and more than cover my basic expenses and usually rack up about 500-1k extra a week. I'm not really after a shit ton of money, but I do spend a lot and I want to keep breaking even.

firex

I made like 200g just soloing Ony once, and about that much 3 manning ZG. I want the 3.0.8 patch to come out already so we can 3 man MC though. and probably most of Kara, but I'm not sure.

sup

2q99kdw.jpg

And yea, my mounts are giganto mammoth and the hippogryph. Moneymoneymoney.

Jube3

Good stuff! now you use some of that money and give you pet something to eat you heartless sob. Rolling around on 22s and your pets dying of hunger.

CassSept said:
Rogues were gemming for pure hit in TBC because with sword spec and old windfury white hites were over 60% of our damage. Now it has changed, with a huge rise of poisons contributing to overall damage (crit and spell crit merged, much better scaling with ap), wf change, mutilate finally being useful, it made white hits contribution to overall damage much much lower. It's still more than for DK, but we don't gem for hit, especially after poison hit cap is reached. So if melee is only 25-30% of your overal damage once you reach yellow cap special i guess it's useless to gem for HR

And about yellow hit cap, it seems that hit caps were actually lowered in WotLK
http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t38095-retesting_hit_table_assumptions/
And while spell hit cap is the same, it seems yellow hit cap was lowered from 9% to about 8% (a little bit over it, iirc about 8.1-8.2%) and white hit cap from 28% to 27%.
Just saying cause it was discovered recently and might be useful to GAF melees that didn't know about it :)

Stealth-edit

Don't listen to fast MH/slow OH. Originally it was thought to be better, but it was discovered that somehow your OH has double chance to proc the poison. Thus, slow MH/fast OH, with DP on MH and IP on OH gives you much more IP procs than if you switched the weapons. So stick with KoI/OoR, not the other way around.
Oh and I'd recommend you getting Librarian's Paper Cutter from AH. It's awesome dagger (1.3 speed!) from HoL that is BoE. On my server it's usually aruond ~75G so unless you are really in huge need of money, go with it. If you get it, OoR/LPC

Rotation now.
Well, this time you actually have to think! Rotation is basically 4+E/4+R
To quote this EJ topic
1. Mutilate to 4+ Combo Points
2. Make sure Hunger for Blood isn't going to drop soon. Refresh it if it will.
3. Is Rupture up? If yes, Envenom. Go to step 1.
4. Does Slice and Dice have >12 seconds left? If no, Envenom. Go to Step 1.
5. Rupture. Go to Step 1.

And hit rating, once you reach poison hit cap (237 assuming you have 5/5 precision and Imp FF/Misery) hit rating is obsolete.

Have fun with Mutilate :) Im currently kind of stuck with bugged HaT build which is oh-so-boring. Give me back my 51/13/7!

Yea I'm going to try and get an LPC
And that rotation is pretty much what I thought it was when I was trying stuff out yesterday

VaLiancY said:
New Tier 8 and Ulduar weapons are on preview on MMO-Champion. Hunters have attractive looking gear again after Burning Crusade, Rogues take it home again and Priest armor looks cool.
God those designs suck so much ass. The biggest thing I've always hated about arena is not being able to distinguish classes. Not one of those shoulders makes me think of the class it corresponds to.

Err I guess pvp will have their own, so no matter. Well, no matter if pvp would force everyone into pvp gear.

firex

border said:
Can any class solo Onyxia now, or do you still need to have some healing capability?
I'd bet just about any pet class could solo her. It took me awhile because I couldn't decide between chasing her with whelps attacking me for mana regen, or just killing whelps and then chasing her and letting whelps respawn on me when I needed mana again.

A lot of the old raid stuff is tough to solo or even 3 man, though. 10 man would be pretty easy because then you'd have a couple tanks, but since it's not like they're ever going to nerf/redesign old raid content so people can revisit it, there's no real way to solo stuff like Skeram in AQ40.

Won

VaLiancY said:
New Tier 8 and Ulduar weapons are on preview on MMO-Champion. Hunters have attractive looking gear again after Burning Crusade, Rogues take it home again and Priest armor looks cool.

Hunter armor looks like the Dk armor....Mage just looks stupid.

Like the Warlock one, but that is really a 1:1 copy from Warhammer. Have the feeling Blizzard needs some new artists for the armor sets.

firex said:
A lot of the old raid stuff is tough to solo or even 3 man, though. 10 man would be pretty easy because then you'd have a couple tanks, but since it's not like they're ever going to nerf/redesign old raid content so people can revisit it, there's no real way to solo stuff like Skeram in AQ40.

We tried AQ40 with a ~10 man group after a fast AQ20 run last week and it was kinda shocking to see how hard it is compared to things like Onyxia.
We had to give up at the Twin Emps, because we only had one tank and barely anyone knew/remembered the tactic. :lol

border

firex said:
I'd bet just about any pet class could solo her.
Which is to say just hunters and maybe a Demonology warlock :p

I doubt that my Voidwalker is going to tank Onyxia, but I'll certainly give it a try once I hit 80.

Xabora

Money Making 101: Because I Can

vcqk9t.jpg

971aq1.jpg

I'm 5 - 10 gold below the price average on my server and I'm making a MASSIVE PROFIT.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I just duo Onyxia with a friend, could prob solo, but it's more fun and less of a hassle duo'ing. Had to solo some of the stuff in ZG as it was pretty much impossible to duo (Hakkar, Hexxer) and we duo'd everything in MC upto Majordomo except Gehennas (no curse removal) and Golemagg.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is kind of sad to say, but so far the hardest thing I've experienced in the game outside of PUgs is trying to get a darn guild started for 4-5 of my friends. =/

Xabora said:

I'm 5 - 10 gold below the price average on my server and I'm making a MASSIVE PROFIT.

I've started doing this as well, the insanity that is Wrath Enchanting supplies boggles my mind, and once I got myself unboggled, learned to do this.

The very idea of ramping the amount of Dust and Essences thru the roof per enchant, reducing Shards to a few token works, coinciding with the massive turnover of gear added to the constant theorycrafting of even the most casual, has equaled a smorgasbord of $$$ opportunities.

In other words, expect a Traveler's Mammoth under yours truly before long. :D

Xabora

SatelliteOfLove said:
I've started doing this as well, the insanity that is Wrath Enchanting supplies boggles my mind, and once I got myself unboggled, learned to do this.

The very idea of ramping the amount of Dust and Essences thru the roof per enchant, reducing Shards to a few token works, coinciding with the massive turnover of gear added to the constant theorycrafting of even the most casual, has equaled a smorgasbord of $$$ opportunities.

In other words, expect a Traveler's Mammoth under yours truly before long. :D
Haha so true, however I now to wait for the cost of the enchanting stuff to normalize once
again.

I made about 1700gold right now, 60 in the mailbox queue with 180gold worth of mats still on the AH

(I got called Mr. Wall-Mart because of it)

Enchanting is for poor folk. You can either undercut everyone or set a price and wait for that to become the base. Real money is in titansteel and gems and cloth. Well, "real money". Honestly it's all just good money and dependent on how much you actually want. I played the AH for about 3 weeks, made 20k, and haven't really logged on in ages.

Right now, yea, DE'ing craftables is probably the best way to build some bank. JC is too expensive to get in to and takes to long to build a supply of recipes.

That 4 Cobalt Bar recipe is awesome, and is so obviously some developer sneaking some shit in for himself. Even the next best thing in the 2 Eternal Earth JC ring is like 3x the mat cost.

Jube3

border said:
Holy shit - it really takes that much money just to construct the motorcycle?

12500 G in just the special engi vendor parts you need and then you need 12 titansteel, 2 artic fur and a few saronite bars i think.

CassSept

Xabora said:

http://i43.tinypic.com/vcqk9t.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/971aq1.jpg

Holy crap, 20g for infinite dust? DO WANT prices like that on my server:lol

BigJonsson said:
I broke the 10k gold mark today, just a few thousand more and I can make my motorcycle!
When you're making it remember to compare Titansteel Bars prices to mats. I bought mats and bought some cooldowns for making it and this saved me few hundred gold.

And you know, happy world of WotLK :p Since I made myself motorcycle (10 days ago) with some lazy farming I made 5k gold (+gold i spent on flasks, food, enchants etc), gave back my 3.5k debt and after buying cold weather flying for my alt I'm farming for Nobles Deck. I have over a month so, pfff. Not like it's anything hard to farm 10k in one month :p

Flambe

CassSept said:
Holy crap, 20g for infinite dust? DO WANT prices like that on my server:lol

Yeah they're 4 to 5g on my server, still profitable DEing though since cobalt bars are around 2g each

CassSept

Flambe said:
Yeah they're 4 to 5g on my server, still profitable DEing though since cobalt bars are around 2g each
I know it's profitable, I made some cash through these rings made of 2 Eternal Earths :p
But damn, 20g per infinite dust? That is crazy price for one, especially since it seems Greater Essences have normal ones.

Kyoufu

My offer is still standing. I need a fellow Euro GAFer to do RAF with me and help me get 60 in no time at all.

Anyone up for that?

grate

Kyoufu said:
My offer is still standing. I need a fellow Euro GAFer to do RAF with me and help me get 60 in no time at all.

Anyone up for that?

taranatar said:
Heya i play on DarkSpear on Europe and im up for this if u wanna go ahead. im bored of my hunter and healer wana start something new :)

It was on the last page dude towards the end, you might a missed it as this thread jumped to the next page.

xabre

Banned
The easiest thing to do is buy up cheap greens lvl 75-80 on AH (15g each max), disenchant and you'll get a good deal of infinite dust and greater eternal essences which are worth much much more.

On another note what's the best way to sell cobra scales? I bought a stack of 20 for a bit of an investment and haven't been able to resell them since. I've broken them up into stacks of 5 but no one seems to want them at all.

Also is there any need to go past 425 in enchanting? I know it maxes out at 450 but isn't the highest requirement for an enchant only 425?

Onemic

Well after what you guys said about the netherwing crystals I decided to give it another shot.....and what do you know after 1 and a half weeks I'm finally able to get rid of my shitty skeletal DK mount with an Onyx netherwing!

WoWScrnShot_010109_085535.jpg

And does anyone know a way to make WoW objects appear from further in the distance? Everything on WoW for me is maxed except for shadows, and yet I find that many times objects(including NPC's and other players) pop up only around 5 feet away from me. It's especially bad when I'm on my flying mount. I know it's not a RAM issue considering I've got 4gb. Then again it seems like WoW hates my laptop(and no it's not a shitty laptop either) in general, considering I usually average in the low 20's, while in a game like WAR I avg 40FPS with everything maxed.

Ramirez

onemic said:
And does anyone know a way to make WoW objects appear from further in the distance? Everything on WoW for me is maxed except for shadows, and yet I find that many times objects(including NPC's and other players) pop up only around 5 feet away from me. It's especially bad when I'm on my flying mount. I know it's not a RAM issue considering I've got 4gb. Then again it seems like WoW hates my laptop(and no it's not a shitty laptop either) in general, considering I usually average in the low 20's, while in a game like WAR I avg 40FPS with everything maxed.

I always thought that was on their server side? Like you outrun how fast the stuff is being loaded for you or something...I know that back when I had everything maxed and pulling like 90FPS I would still get the same problem.

Ramirez said:
I always thought that was on their server side? Like you outrun how fast the stuff is being loaded for you or something...I know that back when I had everything maxed and pulling like 90FPS I would still get the same problem.
There's a macro you can use for optimum settings, can somebody post that?

And has it been updated lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom