• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Xabora said:
It wont be updated until there are new cvars and variable ranges. :p

Do you know any type of console config that would negate the need for me to turn on reduce input lag? It's seriously destroying my FPS right now(it makes my avg FPS drop a good 10-15fps) and taking it off makes me lag a great deal.(the game will randomly go in slow motion for a second then speed up for another second repeatedly every 3 secs or so)

Xabora

VaLiancY said:
So with DW with Death Knights, do I still want to go for weapons with Agility and AP, I'm unsure of any MH or 1H with STR.
AGI is a bonus to crit, since most one handers have attack power just look for that.
Here's my gear weight filter: Lootlink Ardhavara Gear Weights

And my PC Black Screened during the boss encounters thus corrupting my combat log so I only have these two shots to go by. :(

28bz3ao.jpg

28c3kw7.jpg

onemic said:
Do you know any type of console config that would negate the need for me to turn on reduce input lag? It's seriously destroying my FPS right now(it makes my avg FPS drop a good 10-15fps) and taking it off makes me lag a great deal.(the game will randomly go in slow motion for a second then speed up for another second repeatedly every 3 secs or so)
Do you have vsync on, shadows? etc etc?

J-Rzez

Maxrpg said:
Our 5v5 got to 1775, we're the #1 rated team on our server and #25 on the whole battlegroup :lol

Gladiator title here we come! LOL

I haven't done any arena's yet (waiting on my teammate to get a little more gear), but if you're at 1775 and #25 in your bg, why only 1775? Did people actually "boycott" arena like they said they were and the floor fell out? I would've expected by now that people would be 2000+ at the very least.

On a side note:

Is there any site like Shadowpanther.net for DK's that rates gear well enough to give you an "idea" of what you should look into maybe upgrading with? I know SP isn't to be held as fact, but it is a nice indicator what to look into to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
finally got my own guild started for me and my friends. But finding healers is a pain. We have like 10,000 druids too :'(

I dont' suppose I can do 10 mans with 2 resto druids can I?

firex

I don't know any reason why you couldn't do 10 mans with any 2 healers as long as they're good enough. but I haven't bothered to pug any wotlk raids yet, so I wouldn't really know either way.

Onemic

Xabora said:
Do you have vsync on, shadows? etc etc?

shadows are off, vsync is off, everything else is maxed. There's no reason I can't run this game maxed, considering I get 40fps avg in warhammer online with everything maxed, and I can only manage to get low 20's with shadows off in WoW.

Xabora

onemic said:
shadows are off, vsync is off, everything else is maxed. There's no reason I can't run this game maxed, considering I get 40fps avg in warhammer online with everything maxed, and I can only manage to get low 20's with shadows off in WoW.
>_> <_<

What video card so you have... and drivers?

Onemic

Xabora said:
>_> <_<

What video card so you have... and drivers?

mobility HD3650 and 8.533 drivers(dell version)

I did have the latest normal radeon version,(That is the one released in later november not the one released shortly after GTAIV's release) but fps was the same and I couldn't overclock my gpu so I switched back.

It should be able to run WoW easy.

Angry Grimace said:
finally got my own guild started for me and my friends. But finding healers is a pain. We have like 10,000 druids too :'(

I dont' suppose I can do 10 mans with 2 resto druids can I?

sure you can, druids are uber

Xabora

onemic said:
mobility HD3650 and 8.533 drivers(dell version)

I did have the latest normal radeon version,(That is the one released in later november not the one released shortly after GTAIV's release) but fps was the same and I couldn't overclock my gpu so I switched back.

It should be able to run WoW easy.
Crap. >_<

I haven't used an ATI card in over 2 years. You could try the rollback trick and use an older series driver, or go with the modded drivers.

I'm loving this DK craze as all the rogues on my sever seems to have re-rolled DK.

So there is almost zero competition for DPS leather gear for my cat. :lol

Thank you Blizz!

So just thought I'd share the tale of my luck...

I KNEW where the Time Lost Proto Drake would spawn...and I signed on every 6hrs to tag him.

At my spot...decide "hmm, I've got about 4 min, I can go piss".

Come back to a fucking druid attacking the drake.

I couldn't help but laugh.

s'ok, I'll live with the 56 other mounts I have...but man, what terrible luck!

Scum

Holy zombie, Jesus! I've taken part in and completed 'The Battle for the Undercity' quest. O.O
That's some seriously awesome quest line right there! :lol

Onemic

I'm gonna say it right now...If you're a DK and not already in a raiding guild, good luck getting into one. DK's seem to be hated or there are simply too much of them in raiding guilds.(At least in tichondrius) I'm still yet to find a raiding guild that'll let me in :(, unless that is someone knows raiding guilds in tichondrius that are accepting DK classes, because I can't for the life of me find one.

Now I'm stuck having to collect emblems to get my T7 gear, and since I'm in a casual type guild I pretty much have to PUG every time, and you know how those turn out.

Xabora

onemic said:
I'm gonna say it right now...If you're a DK and not already in a raiding guild, good luck getting into one. DK's seem to be hated or there are simply too much of them in raiding guilds.(At least in tichondrius) I'm still yet to find a raiding guild that'll let me in :(, unless that is someone knows raiding guilds in tichondrius that are accepting DK classes, because I can't for the life of me find one.

Now I'm stuck having to collect emblems to get my T7 gear, and since I'm in a casual type guild I pretty much have to PUG every time, and you know how those turn out.
Well the thing with DKs is really one thing.
Oh god the majority of them do not know their class well enough to mix/max damage or tanking.
Which in most cases causes me to rip out my eyes.

I can barely pug anymore due to it... plus DKs are the new rogues. :/

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Hey guys I just hit 80 as an enhancement shammy. I really want to stay enhancement as well.

As far as gearing up is concerned, I am familiar with www.wow-loot.com, but it doesn't seem as helpful as I hoped.

I need to know which questing / rep gear I should get as far as efficiency goes. Is there a guide you all use to get geared up to enter Nax? Or used?

Thx all :D

Onemic

Xabora said:
Well the thing with DKs is really one thing.
Oh god the majority of them do not know their class well enough to mix/max damage or tanking.
Which in most cases causes me to rip out my eyes.

I can barely pug anymore due to it... plus DKs are the new rogues. :/

Ya and it ruins the rep for all us DK's who actually know how to play the class and play it well. I'm always either 1st in DPS or 1st in damage done when doing my heroics.

I currently applied to a raiding guild that I did a VH heroic with today. Hopefully they accept me based on my performance with them.(Got top in terms of damage done, 2nd in DPS even though the guilds mage with us had 4/5 T7 gear and I had none)

vumpler said:
Hey guys I just hit 80 as an enhancement shammy. I really want to stay enhancement as well.

As far as gearing up is concerned, I am familiar with www.wow-loot.com, but it doesn't seem as helpful as I hoped.

I need to know which questing / rep gear I should get as far as efficiency goes. Is there a guide you all use to get geared up to enter Nax? Or used?

Thx all :D

I think some of the best sites are the Armory and MaxDPS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/

http://www.maxdps.com/shaman/enhancement.php

I think for any DPS class, your goal before getting into Naxxramas is to get your DPS up as high as possible. Go into those sites and look yourself up. Then look for all the crafted epic and blue upgrades you can get, make a list of them and farm or buy the mats and get them made. Also, look for all those reputation rewards and heroic dungeon drops which are upgrades and make a note of where they drop and run those dungeons and build those reps to get that gear.

I got my hunter to 80 3 days ago and she was basically ready for Naxx in a few hours thanks to crafted gear available for hunters (and enhancement shammys).

You might also want to get the addons Rating Buster and AtlasLoot. Rating Buster compares the stats on the gear you have on and another piece and tells you what stats you gain or lose and Atlasloot has loot tables for every dungeon and Rep faction in the game.

There's also http://wow-heroes.com/ You can look yourself up there and it'll look at your armory and tell you what dungeons and raids you're ready for.

Xabora

onemic said:
Ya and it ruins the rep for all us DK's who actually know how to play the class and play it well. I'm always either 1st in DPS or 1st in damage done when doing my heroics.

I currently applied to a raiding guild that I did a VH heroic with today. Hopefully they accept me based on my performance with them.(Got top in terms of damage done, 2nd in DPS even though the guilds mage with us had 4/5 T7 gear and I had none)
If you can, show recount statistics of your dps and break downs how you got there. (screenshots - just a link or a wws link)

Make yourself look good and knowledgeable about your class. Stay ahead of the pack, don't fight within it.

lexi

Banned
Scrow said:
hey lockii, have you done much theory crafting on feral dps?

what's your typical rotation in fights vs. trash mobs and vs. bosses?

Trash will be a very different beast in 3.0.8, particularly AOE trash (which is 99% of trash). All you'll need to do then is get savage roar up and swipe away. Right now it's about quick CP generation and big ferocious bites, It's rare that a single trash mob lives more then 9 seconds, so feral DPS is a little lackluster when something dies that quickly.

Against bosses I don't really have a rotation, in as much as there is a 'priority' system. Savage Roar up all the time, Rake up at all times, Rip up at all times, and if there's no arms warrior, Mangle up at all times; When all of those things are fulfilled, Shred.

Sick. I've been admiring your armory for a while! =)

You have a nice spec for dps right now, when 3.0.8 hits I'd recommend picking up improved swipe. Cats will be doing some serious damage on aoe packs with swipe, so you shouldn't need improved ferocious bite anymore. You very rarely use bite any other time and that's not worth 5 talent points.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Oni Link 666 said:
I think some of the best sites are the Armory and MaxDPS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/

http://www.maxdps.com/shaman/enhancement.php

I think for any DPS class, your goal before getting into Naxxramas is to get your DPS up as high as possible. Go into those sites and look yourself up. Then look for all the crafted epic and blue upgrades you can get, make a list of them and farm or buy the mats and get them made. Also, look for all those reputation rewards and heroic dungeon drops which are upgrades and make a note of where they drop and run those dungeons and build those reps to get that gear.

I got my hunter to 80 3 days ago and she was basically ready for Naxx in a few hours thanks to crafted gear available for hunters (and enhancement shammys).

You might also want to get the addons Rating Buster and AtlasLoot. Rating Buster compares the stats on the gear you have on and another piece and tells you what stats you gain or lose and Atlasloot has loot tables for every dungeon and Rep faction in the game.

There's also http://wow-heroes.com/ You can look yourself up there and it'll look at your armory and tell you what dungeons and raids you're ready for.
Thanks for all the insight.

My server is: Gilneas
Character name: Smapity

I am having trouble coming up with quick (relatively speaking) upgrades to get. What craftable weps were you talking about for enhance shammys? I'm an enhance shammy :D

I just want to get in nax when we run this weekend.

Also can you just walk right into heroics after leveling? I've head people say you need to be able to hold 1300-1400 dps to go to one... I can hold 1000-1300 onboss fights but i dunno about trash.

firex

titansteel bonecrusher (I think, it's a 1h dps mace) is a good one to get for enhance. It'll be your main hand for awhile. it's crafted, and probably won't run too much gold. honored ebon blade will get you their fist weapon, which is offhand only, or you can grind sons of hodir until you can get their axes, which are just as good (better for orc shamans due to +5 expertise, and they're one hand so you can dual wield them).

I'm not sure what LW crafted epic dps mail there is. I'm sure some exists, but I can't remember the name of it. in terms of overall stats, you definitely want agi and I would say enough hit rating to have 9% hit, maybe slightly more so the spell hit cap is close to reached. I can't imagine actually stacking enough hit for the spell hit cap, but I'm kind of confused on if dual wield spec only applies to melee or if it also applies to spells, since it just says it increases chance to hit by 6%. beyond that, all you take is regular hunter loot, and any mail with expertise on it.

vumpler said:
Thanks for all the insight.

My server is: Gilneas
Character name: Smapity

I am having trouble coming up with quick (relatively speaking) upgrades to get. What craftable weps were you talking about for enhance shammys? I'm an enhance shammy :D

I just want to get in nax when we run this weekend.

Also can you just walk right into heroics after leveling? I've head people say you need to be able to hold 1300-1400 dps to go to one... I can hold 1000-1300 onboss fights but i dunno about trash.

If you are DPS yeah, you can usually go straight into heroics at 80. Check Wow-heroes. It's tanks and healers who really need to make sure they are good to go into a heroic.

You can get this fist weapon from honored rep with Knights of the Ebon Blade. http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44241

This mace is craftable and looks pretty good. http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=41383 It has some pricey mats though.

Here is a main hand fist weapon from Malganis in Stratholme heroic. Greed - http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37693

And this one is an Emblem of Heroism reward. Greed's off-hand counterpart, Pride - http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=40704

Onemic

Xabora said:
If you can, show recount statistics of your dps and break downs how you got there. (screenshots - just a link or a wws link)

Make yourself look good and knowledgeable about your class. Stay ahead of the pack, don't fight within it.

Well looks like I got into a raiding guild finally. They don't do 25man runs yet, but are prepping for it. Most important thing is that they are a legit raiding guild which is good. No more relying on emblems to get my T7 gear, yay!

Now I just gotta do heroics to grind for those achievements for that damn proto. My newly acquired netherdrake is good, but I want that damn proto!

Xabora

Today was stupid awesome! :lol
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Madoran&n=Ardhavara

1st we downed Malygos (Some peeps had problems with Phase 3)
I got my Hailstorm drop!

2nd due to downing Malygos, I got the DPS Quest Necklace and my Title!

3rd got into a pug for VoA and got my 25man Valor Legs!

Hailstorm!
33wp5yf.jpg

Neck + Title - http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44659
2nhkeax.jpg

Legs!
vxevc9.jpg

onemic said:
Well looks like I got into a raiding guild finally. They don't do 25man runs yet, but are prepping for it. Most important thing is that they are a legit raiding guild which is good. No more relying on emblems to get my T7 gear, yay!

Now I just gotta do heroics to grind for those achievements for that damn proto. My newly acquired netherdrake is good, but I want that damn proto!
Grats!
The achievements will be a pita, but you should have them down in time.

Ashodin

Xabora, what's your rotation in AOE? I would assume after patch that Howling Blast would do a lot of your AOE dps!

My friend is respeccing to DW, and he got his Hailstorm too :D

He is just curious what would be the best way to do AOE dps before bosses (as I imagine, this spec is not really as good on the AOE like others).

Xabora

Maxrpg said:
Xabora, what's your rotation in AOE? I would assume after patch that Howling Blast would do a lot of your AOE dps!

My friend is respeccing to DW, and he got his Hailstorm too :D

He is just curious what would be the best way to do AOE dps before bosses (as I imagine, this spec is not really as good on the AOE like others).
After the patch it changes quiet a bit, but it mostly depends on the boss too.
Kind late right now but you can find my old one up the page.

As for AOE, uhh... may want to make sure the tank has agro before you begin to aoe... since you will pull agro quick... very very quick...
Oh and its top dps (even more so) with adds nearby.

Etiquette question.......

If I'm mining a node, already whacking away on it and another member of the same faction comes by and starts going for it........I can tell him to fuck off, right? Its in very bad taste to start mining on a node that someone is already at.......

PVP server so if its horde its cool to gank them, but same faction....come on

The dude asked if I was high when I told him to stop and I asked if he was new

Then on trade chat I told him that he was selling his ore too high and to stop stealing people's nodes and he told me to fuck off :lol

reported

C.Dark.DN

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Etiquette question.......

If I'm mining a node, already whacking away on it and another member of the same faction comes by and starts going for it........I can tell him to fuck off, right? Its in very bad taste to start mining on a node that someone is already at.......

PVP server so if its horde its cool to gank them, but same faction....come on

The dude asked if I was high when I told him to stop and I asked if he was new

Then on trade chat I told him that he was selling his ore too high and to stop stealing people's nodes and he told me to fuck off :lol

reported
Im not sure if this works or not... but with auto looted turned off when you see someone run up can you stand there without looting the ore and make the node inaccessible for them? I know you can't skin an unlooted item and you come across "item is busy" a lot with vendors and objects.

DeathNote said:
Im not sure if this works or not... but with auto looted turned off when you see someone run up can you stand there without looting the ore and make the node inaccessible for them? I know you can't skin an unlooted item and you come across "item is busy" a lot with vendors.

Yea you could do that, but wtf, i don't want little 72 newbs running around like they can ninja nodes i'm on

C.Dark.DN

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Yea you could do that, but wtf, i don't want little 72 newbs running around like they can ninja nodes i'm on
A lot of times there's not much you can do to prevent people snipeing mobs and ninjaing nodes. It can be hard for little 72 newbs to access nodes easily (mobs surrounding them and no flying mount) so they shouldn't be too much of a threat.

All I can say is use your flying mount, use a pet if you have one to kill a guarding mob while you mine the ore, leave the loot window makes it inaccessible to them if they try to ninja, and report them if you can get them to cuss you out, and possibly tell their guild master about their actions. I oft times see people get kicked out for ruining guild reputation.

If someone steals my node I follow them around and sit on their nodes for a while. It's funny with a Rogue. I just come out ouf nowhere and start mining. :lol

DeathNote said:
A lot of times there's not much you can do to prevent people snipeing mobs and ninjaing nodes. It can be hard for little 72 newbs to access nodes easily (mobs surrounding them and no flying mount) so they shouldn't be too much of a threat.

All I can say is use your flying mount, use a pet if you have one to kill a guarding mob while you mine the ore, leave the loot window makes it inaccessible to them if they try to ninja, and report them if you can get them to cuss you out, and possibly tell their guild master about their actions. I oft times see people get kicked out for ruining guild reputation.

Oh I followed the 72 and he was working with an 80.........thats how he was survivng......almost got the 72 killed by pulling a bunch of mobs towards it :lol

Both from guilds I've never seen before

Ashodin

Xabora said:
After the patch it changes quiet a bit, but it mostly depends on the boss too.
Kind late right now but you can find my old one up the page.

As for AOE, uhh... may want to make sure the tank has agro before you begin to aoe... since you will pull agro quick... very very quick...
Oh and its top dps (even more so) with adds nearby.
What's it looking like after patch? S/F with that spec you posted earlier in the thread? I'm curious.

zam

Xabora said:
Hailstorm!
Hailstorm looks awesome, but the stats are kinda meh, armor pen blows at the moment. Also sucks to be a sword rogue right now, since going combat swords with the two best swords (Silent Crusader and Hailstorm) is inferior. Got Calamity's Grasp and Webbed Death on my rogue and CQC and it does so much more dps than swords. Hoping they put in some better swords in Ulduar, and change sword spec back to proccing on special attacks, not just autoswings.

All I need left for my rogue now is a ring from 10-man Malygos and the thrown from 25-man Noth. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Halls&n=Lummox :D

Interfectum

Yeah there are way too many DKs in WoW now. It's funny seeing so many of them looking in the LFG channel begging for a group. Battlegrounds are funny as well. There's like 3 of every other class and then 20 DKs per BG. Major overpopulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom