• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
GhostRidah said:
how much would it cost to level JC to atleast 410 with buying the mats? im thinking 4k? :(

Cost me about 2k when I did it after WotLk launched, the most expensive part was thorium and the pre-tbc gems.

Onemic

WORST.SHIT.EVER

I was doing 25man OS, and at the end of it I topped the charts. The loot comes and some nice T7 gloves drop. Me and some other people roll, and to everyone in the raids surprise the worst person in the whole damn raid wins the roll, and for some stupid reason the leader actually gave it to him. When I say he was shit I mean his DPS was 500. 500 DPS wouldn't even get you into heroics, let alone a damn 25man! I have such bad luck with loot rolls, out of the 100's of dungeons I've done now I've maybe won 5 or so loot rolls that I've needed.

I really think loot masters should give loot based on contribution to the raid as well as your roll. Someone that contributes nothing to the raid shouldn't win anything even if they roll a 100 on a loot roll.

onemic said:
WORST.SHIT.EVER

I was doing 25man OS, and at the end of it I topped the charts. The loot comes and some nice T7 gloves drop. Me and some other people roll, and to everyone in the raids surprise the worst person in the whole damn raid wins the roll, and for some stupid reason the leader actually gave it to him. When I say he was shit I mean his DPS was 500. 500 DPS wouldn't even get you into heroics, let alone a damn 25man! I have such bad luck with loot rolls, out of the 100's of dungeons I've done now I've maybe won 5 or so loot rolls that I've needed.

I really think loot masters should give loot based on contribution to the raid as well as your roll. Someone that contributes nothing to the raid shouldn't win anything even if they roll a 100 on a loot roll.

:lol :lol

these people are the people who always win the Deadly/t7.5 shit from Archavon

It happens man , ALL the fucking time.

Onemic

SuperAndroid17 said:

yep, it seems like the way to win rolls is to be the absolute worst player.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Think I just unlocked God Mode and won WoW at the same time.

3178341272_2a9f848653.jpg

:lol

only works with the Big Blizzard Bear mount as far as I could test.

Flambe

Interfectum said:
Thanks for the info. Also, as frost (for leveling) I'll have a lot of AOE capabilities coupled with reduced mana usage right? I would like to reduce my 'drinking time' as much as possible for quicker leveling.

Yeah, frost is easier on the mana overall and talented blizzard is pretty OP right now (though getting a snare-nerf soonish.)

Fire hits harder, but it's kind of a pain in the ass having to choose between letting a mob smack you for a few seconds while ignite ticks to kill it, or blowing mana on another spell (and wasting the ignite which you talented for).

Arcane is a mana whore too, lots of downtime.

onemic said:
WORST.SHIT.EVER

wow what kind of raid leader is that? lol sorry to hear that.

Reminds me of my heroic DTK run today, we had a hunter who never broke 800 dps.... we actually got through the instance because we had others who knew how to play.

Weenerz

Banned
onemic said:
WORST.SHIT.EVER

Sounds like free rolls or whatever your raid uses needs to be changed. You should petition for loot council so they can give it to people that deserve it. BTW my 76 ret pally does 1600 dps in 5 mans with quest reward greens/blues.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
onemic said:
WORST.SHIT.EVER

I can do 800 on my GF's level 70 Rogue alt wielding 2 +intellect daggers.

Xabora

onemic said:
WORST.SHIT.EVER

They should have kicked him from the raid if his dps was THAT LOW!

:O

Naka

Tunesmith said:
Think I just unlocked God Mode and won WoW at the same time.

3178341272_2a9f848653.jpg

:lol

only works with the Big Blizzard Bear mount as far as I could test.

I did that accidentally in Occulus when I was the dragon vehicles. I love putting on the murloc suite when I ride the big blizzard bear too, as I shrink super tiny!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Xabora said:
They should have kicked him from the raid if his dps was THAT LOW!

:O
Sounds like they 1 shotted it.

As they should. I don't how it's possible to lose to Archavon.

Xabora

Oh patch day, how I wait ye so I may increase my profits.
People will buy materials for the new gear, gems slots and new enchants.

Wait I shall.

14icroo.jpg

This grows day by day!

Flambe

Xabora said:
Oh patch day, how I wait ye so I may increase my profits.
People will buy materials for the new gear, gems slots and new enchants.

Wait I shall.

This grows day by day!

Bleh, after that whole helm/de part of the thread I've made 4k selling DE crap. I think my most so far was spending 1K on cobalt bars/ore and ended up with 30ish stacks of dust and 53 greater planar essences (and half dozen shards).

Unfortunately, some ass appears to be doing the same thing as me. Undercutting AH prices on infinite dust by almost a gold just to get rid of it, and buying up cobalt bars =p My profit wanes.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'm about to quit this game. I want to play PvP because I always had more fun with that mode on past MMORPGs Ive played... but not when a couple of level 60 shitheads think it's fun to sneak into low level territory and camp an area filled with people on quests on level 20-25.

It's not like it's a raid party that is killing me, those I have no problem with. There are two people that every night for the last 4 nights have camped the same area near tarren mill. I will run and grab some high levels who will kill them, but 15 minutes later they are back, and it is far enough from where the higher levels are hanging out that it becomes nearly impossible to combat them unless our high levels are willing to camp the area as well..

I wouldn't even mind if they killed me once had their fun and then left. But last night I tried 3 different times over the course of 5 hours and they are still there. I guess they need to make sure *everyone* sees their e-penis is big. Either that or they hate noobs so much they just assume we all cancel our subscriptions.

I have better shit to do than log on, wait 10 minutes for the server to empty out. spend 2 minutes walking to where I am supposed to go to kill 10 guys. Pray I can kill 1 of them before I die. then do the same thing again.. except oh wait, they are camping my body this time. great. Log Off.

Go do something more productive with my time.

Kyoufu

I'm going Arcane at 60-80. Simply because Arcane Barrage is deadly and I play on a PvP server. With the right spec and rotation you can manage your mana easily.

Oh and of course, 2 minute evocation timer will fucking own.

Cipherr

Flambe said:
Either fire or frost are decent for levelling (preferred frost, myself because it makes you pretty much untouchable).

At the moment, I wouldn't go arcane, ever, unless you intend to pvp a shit-ton because arcane barrage fucking owns. Even then I'm waiting for dual-spec.

At 80, for raids especially, a frostfire spec is the way to go right now because of how debuffs and whatnot are working. I got a 15k frostfire crit last night, was pretty nice. I believe a fire mage can possibly outdo frostfire spec with torment the weak, but only if there's a full-arcane mage castrating his own dps by casting slow every 15 seconds.

Of course by the time your mage reaches 80, this can all be different so /shrug. Fire or frost when leveling works fine.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZZAI0csfu0cdgcso

^ Here's a quick frost build for up to 60, mostly pretty basic stuff.

The bolded is wrong, the talent works off of all slows on the enemy. Including your tanks thunderclap that he will likely be keeping up 100% of the fight. Waste no GCD's for any snares, just lay back and enjoy an additional 12% damage modifier.......while you suck your MF mana pool dry quick as hell. Jesus christ even with the 30% regen from the fire tree and clearcasting that build eats mana.

Picked up a webbed death in Naxx tonight

I also have an Omen of Ruin and paper cutter

For now I'm going to mainhand the Omen, offhand the Death

Or would it be wiser to mainhand the Death and offhand the Omen or the LPC?

Edit - Actually after thinking about it I think Webbed Death/Omen of Ruin is the best combo

Especially since they both have mongoose and the LPC has no enchant, and I don't really want to bother enchanting it now

firex

StoOgE said:
I'm about to quit this game. I want to play PvP because I always had more fun with that mode on past MMORPGs Ive played... but not when a couple of level 60 shitheads think it's fun to sneak into low level territory and camp an area filled with people on quests on level 20-25.

It's not like it's a raid party that is killing me, those I have no problem with. There are two people that every night for the last 4 nights have camped the same area near tarren mill. I will run and grab some high levels who will kill them, but 15 minutes later they are back, and it is far enough from where the higher levels are hanging out that it becomes nearly impossible to combat them unless our high levels are willing to camp the area as well..

I wouldn't even mind if they killed me once had their fun and then left. But last night I tried 3 different times over the course of 5 hours and they are still there. I guess they need to make sure *everyone* sees their e-penis is big. Either that or they hate noobs so much they just assume we all cancel our subscriptions.

I have better shit to do than log on, wait 10 minutes for the server to empty out. spend 2 minutes walking to where I am supposed to go to kill 10 guys. Pray I can kill 1 of them before I die. then do the same thing again.. except oh wait, they are camping my body this time. great. Log Off.

Go do something more productive with my time.
go to another zone; it's not that hard. there's at least 2 other zones for your level.

Xabora

w00t, our guild got the last 3 people we needed to start 25manning! :D

In other news in 25mans my Howling Blast hits for 5.5k - 10k! :D (From a 25man Pug)
2zz2uz4.jpg

Flambe

Puncture said:
The bolded is wrong, the talent works off of all slows on the enemy. Including your tanks thunderclap that he will likely be keeping up 100% of the fight. Waste no GCD's for any snares, just lay back and enjoy an additional 12% damage modifier.......while you suck your MF mana pool dry quick as hell. Jesus christ even with the 30% regen from the fire tree and clearcasting that build eats mana.

Ah yeah, supposed to work in 3.0.8. Slow used to be the only thing that allowed it on bosses or non-snareable mobs.

Still lower dps and less sustainability =( I'll probably try Arcane out again if the arcane blast fix numbers turn out decent, doubt it'll be enough in current implementation though.

Macattk15

Broke 4k AP unbuffed on my warrior finally. I think I'm highest unbuffed AP warrior on my server.

All this while still being hit capped, DAMN near expertise capped and 32.79% crit.

And man ... my guild has the most trouble on Patchwerk in 25 man. I don't know what it is but we just aren't killing him. One offtank drops and then ping pong goes the melee around em .... even though we're at half HP the whole time from the slime.

Makes me sad.

Interfectum

Angry Grimace said:
Sounds like they 1 shotted it.

As they should. I don't how it's possible to lose to Archavon.

I've been in groups (25 man) that lose to Arch. If your DPS isn't high enough and it takes over 5 (?) minutes he goes into enrage mode and one shots each player until we wipe.

Also, AVOID THE SMOKE PEOPLE. :p

Macattk15

Interfectum said:
I've been in groups (25 man) that lose to Arch. If your DPS isn't high enough and it takes over 5 (?) minutes he goes into enrage mode and one shots each player until we wipe.

Yeah ...

My guild tried to 18 man him cause we thought "well damn, it's just Archavon" .... wiped once when he enraged and then beat him with about 1 second to spare the next attempt.

That was the first time I had ever wiped on Archavon, didn't think it was possible honestly.

TomServo

SuperAndroid17 said:

Every Archavon PUG I've been in has had one rule on loot - if you don't break the minimum average required to down him before the enrage (~1100 on 10man / ~1600 on 25man) you don't get to roll on loot. I'm far from an elitist, and even I like the rule.

Sartharion can be hit or miss, and it's not always the fault of the dps. I did terrible dps in my last 10man (~1600) because the OT never got a handle on the adds and the other dps (mage / huntard / rogue / DK / spriest) barely came off of Sarth at all. I had to single target dps all of the adds with little help, which killed my numbers. I actually think they realized it though, since no one complained when I won both the 22 slotter and the satchel.

Interfectum said:

But I like standing in fire.

Macattk15 said:
And man ... my guild has the most trouble on Patchwerk in 25 man. I don't know what it is but we just aren't killing him. One offtank drops and then ping pong goes the melee around em .... even though we're at half HP the whole time from the slime.

I was surprised to find out the raiders in my guild (who clear Naxx25 and Malygos25 in a single night) take eight healers into Naxx. It's total overkill now that everyone is geared, but I can see it helping early on. I fill in spots in other guilds' 25mans since I can't make my guild's raid nights, and I've gotten stuck on Patchwerk with six healers.

Jazzy Network said:
What's the best spec for DK tanking? I'm leaning towards Frost right now. Alot of good skills in it.

Frost is best for single target while unholy is better for aoe tanking. However, this will probably change in the next patch when Howling Blast loses it's cooldown and frost becomes the undisputed king (I'm guessing).

started playing again last night for the first time in well over a year and have a couple questions

-I'm a night elf warrior, and in my spellbook there is a succubus button with some spells? Is this a glitch or something?
-What are glyphs and how do I get them?
-It's cool to see achievements in the game, but are they glitchy? Because for some reason the game doesn't think I killed C'thun or finished AQ20
-what are the best mods to use now?
-My friend at work said that death knights and paladins are both better tanks then warriors now. Am I useless?

TomServo

funkmastergeneral said:
-My friend at work said that death knights and paladins are both better tanks then warriors now. Am I useless?

From the view of a guy standing in the back casting spells and depending on the tank maintaining aggro, I'd view it as:

1. Warrior
2. Druid
3. Paladin
4. Death Knight

That's just considering all things equal (gear, skill, etc). We've got some great pally and bear tanks that I'd run with over an average warrior any day. A good player piloting a DK can make a great OT.

Xyphie

funkmastergeneral said:
started playing again last night for the first time in well over a year and have a couple questions

-I'm a night elf warrior, and in my spellbook there is a succubus button with some spells? Is this a glitch or something?
-What are glyphs and how do I get them?
-It's cool to see achievements in the game, but are they glitchy? Because for some reason the game doesn't think I killed C'thun or finished AQ20
-what are the best mods to use now?

1. Sounds like a glitch, try deleting your WoW\Cache\ folder and see if that helps.
2. Glyphs are "enchantments" for spells. You can have 3 major glyphs and 3 minor ones at level 80. They can all be bought from the auction house and are made with the new inscription profession. The ones available for warriors can be seen here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Warrior_glyphs
3. The achievement system doesn't know you killed them before it was in the game unless you have completed quests or have gear from that instance.
4. I like PitBull for unit frames, Bartender4 for Action Bars, QuestHelper for tracking quests just to name a few.
5. IMO Warrior is still the Main Tanking class in WoW and when specced for it does a better job than DKs/Paladins/Druids just like they should. I wouldn't have one of the other classes tank in a raid for example. But for heroics/off-tanking it's a role they do very good.

Hope that helped.

Macattk15

TomServo said:
I was surprised to find out the raiders in my guild (who clear Naxx25 and Malygos25 in a single night) take eight healers into Naxx. It's total overkill now that everyone is geared, but I can see it helping early on. I fill in spots in other guilds' 25mans since I can't make my guild's raid nights, and I've gotten stuck on Patchwerk with six healers.

Yeah I think we've only been trying with 5 healers.

Our 2 priests are RETARDED good though. The druid is decent. The pally and shammy leave more to be desired.

TomServo

Macattk15 said:
Yeah I think we've only been trying with 5 healers.

Our 2 priests are RETARDED good though. The druid is decent. The pally and shammy leave more to be desired.

The raid I was in that failed with six healers really needed more. Their dps was bad and they couldn't spare the slots though. When I'm #2 or #3 on your 25man run with 2700-3200dps on boss fights, you've got problems. Worse yet, when you've got people doing sub-1000dps on 25mans, you've got problems.

CassSept

BigJonsson said:
Picked up a webbed death in Naxx tonight

I also have an Omen of Ruin and paper cutter

For now I'm going to mainhand the Omen, offhand the Death

Or would it be wiser to mainhand the Death and offhand the Omen or the LPC?

Edit - Actually after thinking about it I think Webbed Death/Omen of Ruin is the best combo

Especially since they both have mongoose and the LPC has no enchant, and I don't really want to bother enchanting it now
You haven't enchanted LPC? Sheesh, it's awesome dagger, you should've done it considering how cheap mongoose is now.
LPC > OoR. I would go with Webbed Death/LPC, it's probably best combo for you.
Anyway, take a little while and use spreadsheet
http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t27244-roguecraft_spreadsheet/
That's probably best way to rank gear for yourself.

Xyphie said:
1. Sounds like a glitch, try deleting your WoW\Cache\ folder and see if that helps.
2. Glyphs are "enchantments" for spells. You can have 3 major glyphs and 3 minor ones at level 80. They can all be bought from the auction house and are made with the new inscription profession. The ones available for warriors can be seen here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Warrior_glyphs
3. The achievement system doesn't know you killed them before it was in the game unless you have completed quests or have gear from that instance.
4. I like PitBull for unit frames, Bartender4 for Action Bars, QuestHelper for tracking quests just to name a few.
5. IMO Warrior is still the Main Tanking class in WoW and when specced for it does a better job than DKs/Paladins/Druids just like they should. I wouldn't have one of the other classes tank in a raid for example. But for heroics/off-tanking it's a role they do very good.

Hope that helped.

thanks for the quick reply, dude. Those glyphs seem pretty interesting, but are they stuck forever on your character or are they replaceable.

Interfectum

I've yet to do any Naxx runs (still gearing up with other raids and heroics), how long does a usual Naxx run take and what should my DPS be at before entering?

God damn, I just want to run Zul'Aman for that 20 slot bag. I think it's even the first boss. I can't find ANYONE to run it with me. Fucking group shit is the worst thing about this game. Sorry that ZA isn't a lvl 80 heroic or something, sorry it's not part of the new expansion. Stupid game won't even let me enter the place without at least 5 people. I've spammed the city Trade channel, spammed the Ghostlands General channel, used the Looking for Group/More feature, asked guildies, NOTHING.

Guess that means I can't fucking complete the quest. /rant

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Lamonster said:
God damn, I just want to run Zul'Aman for that 20 slot bag. I think it's even the first boss. I can't find ANYONE to run it with me. Fucking group shit is the worst thing about this game. Sorry that ZA isn't a lvl 80 heroic or something, sorry it's not part of the new expansion. Stupid game won't even let me enter the place without at least 5 people. I've spammed the city Trade channel, spammed the Ghostlands General channel, used the Looking for Group/More feature, asked guildies, NOTHING.

Guess that means I can't fucking complete the quest. /rant

If you want a 20 slots bag this bad, there's always quite a few made by tailors in the AH o_O

Bisnic said:
If you want a 20 slots bag this bad, there's always quite a few made by tailors in the AH o_O
You know, I could just buy a Frostweave bag, but this isn't really about the bag. This is a bigger problem than just Zul'Aman. I can never find anybody to run instances with me. It seems like the player base is exclusively doing WotLK instances. I want to experience the older ones. The only time I'm able to run an instance is when somebody wants me to run them through Scarlet Monasery or some low-level dungeon.

I'm basically asking you guys if there is another way I haven't thought of yet to find folks that will help me do group quests and instances. And yes, I'm in a guild but again, they're mostly 80's that won't help.

Is the only solution to find a better guild? If so, how would I do that? I've been through many guilds and all of them have been disappointing. Most guilds are full of 80's already and the ones that aren't seem to be a joke with hardly any members.

You know how boring and tired Scarlet Monastery is to you? That's how tired ZA is to your guildies. You're asking people to run content that they'd gotten bored of nearly a year ago. You can only reasonably expect them to want to run it for laughs or money. Most of your past posts sound the same as this one, you want people to run things that are new to you because you're new to the game, but you fail to realize that nearly all this content is useless to a majority of players. To get people to run it, you need to make it worth their while.

CassSept

And everybody is sick of ZA after weeks of bear farming :p

Although I wouldn't worry, raiding old instances will soon start, just as people did BWL, AQ, etc in TBC. Just give it a while and you will see "oldschool raids" pugs, that way you will be able to experience whole TBC content. Just wait for them forget about how BORING and overfarmed BT was and people will start going there for nostalgia.

TomServo

Interfectum said:
I've yet to do any Naxx runs (still gearing up with other raids and heroics), how long does a usual Naxx run take and what should my DPS be at before entering?

Pugging can take a long time, especially if there are people in the group that have never seen an encounter. Explaining the fight and usually wiping on the first attempt or two will slow things down dramatically, but some fights simply have to be seen to be understood. If that's the case I'd give it 1.5-2.0 hours per wing.

If you're being carried through by people who've got the content on farm, it can take maybe three hours.

I'd say 1500dps in 10 man and 2000dps in 25 man is minimum, but I'm no expert. An undergeared tank or crummy healing can drive those numbers up, and vice versa.

Xabora said:

What that raid needs is more DK's.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Naka said:
I did that accidentally in Occulus when I was the dragon vehicles. I love putting on the murloc suite when I ride the big blizzard bear too, as I shrink super tiny!

Hahah, this works on flying carpets as well :lol

Now I kinda don't want them to fix the vehicle mounts to behave more like regular mounts in 3.0.8, this is too funny. :(

Epix

Tunesmith said:
Hahah, this works on flying carpets as well :lol

Now I kinda don't want them to fix the vehicle mounts to behave more like regular mounts in 3.0.8, this is too funny. :(
What are they doing with vehicles in 3.0.8?

Macattk15

The Lamonster said:
You know, I could just buy a Frostweave bag, but this isn't really about the bag. This is a bigger problem than just Zul'Aman. I can never find anybody to run instances with me. It seems like the player base is exclusively doing WotLK instances. I want to experience the older ones. The only time I'm able to run an instance is when somebody wants me to run them through Scarlet Monasery or some low-level dungeon.

I'm basically asking you guys if there is another way I haven't thought of yet to find folks that will help me do group quests and instances. And yes, I'm in a guild but again, they're mostly 80's that won't help.

Is the only solution to find a better guild? If so, how would I do that? I've been through many guilds and all of them have been disappointing. Most guilds are full of 80's already and the ones that aren't seem to be a joke with hardly any members.

No one on any server will run ZA normally. You might find some random PUG raid every bluemoon that will run those "old" instances ... but what guild is going to go back and run those instances for "fun"? Especially when they are not fun anymore and the only redeeming quality would be loot which is now vastly outdated and not useful.

Macattk15

TomServo said:
What that raid needs is more DK's.

Ick and those DK's minus Ard are pretty bad to only be doing that amount of DPS in a 25 man. Sigh at that Fury Warrior doing 2k :(

Howling Blast and it's skewed awesomeness on bosses with additional mobs. Never a normal thing to see your white damage being outdamaged by an ability ... unless that ability is hitting several things at once.

Even when I spam the hell out of Whirlwind, I can't beat my normal Melee damage.

firex

I can't remember if the rune tap glyphs works for raid groups or not (probably not since it would be absurdly op) but they should do a new take on the old vanilla wow joke of "would a raid of all druids/shamans/forum trolled class of the month be able to kill ragnaros?" with a raid of 25 DKs killing arthas.

although it would be pretty funny if blood aura could stack enough that 2-3 tank DKs were able to keep themselves at 90% HP with vampiric blood.

Just had a dk in Heroic UK who couldnt break 700 dps.... I asked him why are you using lots of defense gear you aren't tanking, he said that was the best dps gear for him...

Angry Grimace

The Lamonster said:

Most guilds have the same 6 or 7 guys and 40 alts that don't log on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom