• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lag is bad for sure. I'm getting twice the latency I usually get. This I think is making capital city raids nearly impossible. We've tried IF 3 times in the last 2 days and it's the same thing every time we roll into Magni's room. Half the raid DCs or the game freezes for a minute and we're all dead when we come back.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Can someone please pm me 2-3 really good farming locations? I play on Gilneas and I need gold desperately. Our naxx group isn't amazing yet so my gold repairs are really high to boot.

Hoping its possibly to average 400g/hr.

Kletian

Hey I'm on Gilneas too Hi5. Which faction/guild?

But really the best way to gold is just quest/dailies. Or mine Saronite to sell in stacks (goes for about 50g a stack on our server)

I can do the Hodir dailies, and usually about 2 other quests and between the gold rewards and selling the drops I can get about 300-400g. Wich is usually per day with me and then I go farm ore to prospect, the Baron Mount and run Heroics.

vumpler

Kletian said:
Hey I'm on Gilneas too Hi5. Which faction/guild?

But really the best way to gold is just quest/dailies. Or mine Saronite to sell in stacks (goes for about 50g a stack on our server)

I can do the Hodir dailies, and usually about 2 other quests and between the gold rewards and selling the drops I can get about 300-400g. Wich is usually per day with me and then I go farm ore to prospect, the Baron Mount and run Heroics.
holy shit this sounds like heaven. What are the 2 other quests? You alliance or horde?

I'm Alliance in the guild vanquish and main is Smapity an enhancement (shammy.)

Kletian

Usually just 2-4 of whatever quests I'm working on in the zone. And it may be an overestimate on the cashflow as well as I'm not usually needing money for anything, so I don't really pay attention.

And Alliance, Zalbaag DK tank btw.

Cipherr

VaLiancY said:
That gave us problems, Loatheb gave us problems, 4HM gave us problems because of disconnects.

Yes, its screwing me over royally but we have great DPS this Naxx.

Just problems on Loatheb? Did the lag clear up a bit? I cant believe you downed him during the lag, we have never been able to. 3 second healing window + 6 second lag and its seemingly impossible. And on him there seems to never be any lag until the boss encounter actually starts. Everything is fine until we pull him, then we move into position and the lag starts. Maybe you have many PoH priests? We are dreadfully low on them so maybe thats why we cant manage that during the lag. We have managed to kill everything else during lag though, even Thadd and Kel'thuzad who are also difficult with the insane lag because of the positive negative charge delays (niiiiice you just killed 10 dps, gg) and the latency on Kel makes us chain iceblocks to like 8+ people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oni Link 666 said:
The lag is bad for sure. I'm getting twice the latency I usually get. This I think is making capital city raids nearly impossible. We've tried IF 3 times in the last 2 days and it's the same thing every time we roll into Magni's room. Half the raid DCs or the game freezes for a minute and we're all dead when we come back.
Everyone says that in Dalaran, but my GTX 260 always pumps out 45 fps and about 70 -150ms latency on a high pop server. I guess it's because computers that are running integrated or old school graphics cards are seriously feeling the pinch, not becuase the servers are crap.

I'm not sure what's up with it; my GF and I ran Sartharion sitting right next to each other and she (healing) lagged out and ate a bunch of attacks and died, but I was perfectly fine until I died trying to fix her locked up screen :lol all this while some anal PUG hunter is screaming at the dead off tank to pick up the flame adds :lol

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
Everyone says that in Dalaran, but my GTX 260 always pumps out 45 fps and about 70 -150ms latency on a high pop server. It's because computers that are running integrated or old school graphics cards are seriously feeling the pinch, not becuase the servers are shit.
Not really. I have a high end PC end I go from 75fps down to less than 1fps sometimes. Either that or I get a complete crash saying WoW has run out of memory (even though I have 4GB and nothing else running).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Epix said:
Not really. I have a high end PC end I go from 75fps down to less than 1fps sometimes. Either that or I get a complete crash saying WoW has run out of memory (even though I have 4GB and nothing else running).
I don't really know what it is then. My GF's computer was high end in 04 but stil should be able to run WoW and she gets very bad framerates.

I also hear the same complaint everyday in my realm after waiting in queue, but I never dip below 60 other than in Dalaran, where the lowerst I'll get is 30. *shrug*

I do have 6GB of DDR3 and the new i7, but I don't really know if/how that would make a difference.

TomServo

Angry Grimace said:
...all this while some anal PUG hunter is screaming at the dead off tank to pick up the flame adds :lol

When your job consists of setting up the sipping bird to hit your steady shot key you've got time for these things. Geez!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Epix said:
4GB on a non-x64 still only leaves 2GB for all applications and non-service based processes running at the time. if you aren't running an x64 version of XP Pro or Vista I would strongly look into it. WoW can get downright insatiable in a high raid setting in WOTLK with high graphics turned on.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You know, I have a big problem in this game. I can never actually finish a class. What's with that? My DK is 72 but I stopped and started a Draenei Warrior...when I had a Human Warrior already! My Hunter stalled at 61 years ago as well.

I'm starting to wonder if I should bother playing since I can't seem to bring myself to finish a class. :lol

Interfectum

Kintaro said:
You know, I have a big problem in this game. I can never actually finish a class. What's with that? My DK is 72 but I stopped and started a Draenei Warrior...when I had a Human Warrior already! My Hunter stalled at 61 years ago as well.

I'm starting to wonder if I should bother playing since I can't seem to bring myself to finish a class. :lol

As long as you are having fun that's all that matters.

I love leveling different characters. It's fun to start at square one everyone once in awhile. :D

Epix

borghe said:
4GB on a non-x64 still only leaves 2GB for all applications and non-service based processes running at the time. if you aren't running an x64 version of XP Pro or Vista I would strongly look into it. WoW can get downright insatiable in a high raid setting in WOTLK with high graphics turned on.
I have Vista x64. Raid environments actually run great for me. Often in the 100s. Oddly enough the biggest cause of crashes for me is when i first jump on my flying mount from Dalaran and begin flying away from the city. Crash...."WoW has run out of memory"

Interfectum

Kletian said:
Square one is a hoot.

It's square two when you realize you still need to level from 20-50 that makes me hate leveling alts.

That's why you send your alts bind on account heirloom items with your mains (farming heroic badges).

+10% XP, and blue quality stats from 1-80 ftw :D

Interfectum

Kweh said:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14318777313&sid=1&pageNo=1

Shows Blizzard doesn't have a clue what to do with Warlocks and fixing them :lol

?

I didn't read it like that. Seems they are just getting the community's opinion. They probably only have so many internal warlock players, so why not ask a large group of locks what they do and don't use.

Warlocks do have a shitload of useless spells, it would be nice for them to clean that up a bit.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Interfectum said:
That's why you send your alts bind on account heirloom items with your mains (farming heroic badges).

+10% XP, and blue quality stats from 1-80 ftw :D

I should do this...my DK is 72 so I might as well just level her up and start trying out some more of the content. Being stuck in the old world for the vast majority of my WoW career blows.

Interfectum

Kintaro said:
I should do this...my DK is 72 so I might as well just level her up and start trying out some more of the content. Being stuck in the old world for the vast majority of my WoW career blows.

Yeah I've been doing level 80 heroics / raids to get enough badges to buy all the heirloom items. So I'm covering both bases. I'm constantly seeing new content to farm for items that I will sent to an alt. :lol

VaLiancY

Puncture said:
Just problems on Loatheb? Did the lag clear up a bit? I cant believe you downed him during the lag, we have never been able to. 3 second healing window + 6 second lag and its seemingly impossible. And on him there seems to never be any lag until the boss encounter actually starts. Everything is fine until we pull him, then we move into position and the lag starts. Maybe you have many PoH priests? We are dreadfully low on them so maybe thats why we cant manage that during the lag. We have managed to kill everything else during lag though, even Thadd and Kel'thuzad who are also difficult with the insane lag because of the positive negative charge delays (niiiiice you just killed 10 dps, gg) and the latency on Kel makes us chain iceblocks to like 8+ people.

We died the first time, complete utter wipe. Second time the lag was gone...for about a minute, DPS dropped like flies. We were done to two groups with two heals, a Holy Pal an CoH Priest. Innervates where thrown up like confetti in the air. If we go into Kel like this with his mind control and ice tombs, we're fucked. Hell, Saph can fuck us royally if people lag out in the blizzards and ice blocks.

Interfectum

We tried to leave one dragon up in OS (25) but eventually had to kill it because we were all wiping due to disconnects and lag. Someone had a macro/addon up that would log anytime someone was hit by the wave of fire.... was spitting out 19-20 names every time. :lol

firex

I really feel like a lot of classes have almost too many abilities now. Like to the point that I wish the effects of some TBC/WotLK spells could be redone as passive abilities that affect vanilla WoW standard spells, so you don't completely drop old spells once you hit a level in the 60s/70s.

Aeana

firex said:
I really feel like a lot of classes have almost too many abilities now. Like to the point that I wish the effects of some TBC/WotLK spells could be redone as passive abilities that affect vanilla WoW standard spells, so you don't completely drop old spells once you hit a level in the 60s/70s.

At the very least, I'd like them to remove old ranks of spells when you train the new ones now that downranking is extinct. A priest has absolutely no reason to cast lesser heal or heal anymore, not to mention older ranks of greater heal or flash heal, and they just take up spellbook space.

Interfectum

firex said:

They actually mentioned that in a Blizzcast as one of the biggest things they'd like to change about WoW.

border

Aeana said:
At the very least, I'd like them to remove old ranks of spells when you train the new ones now that downranking is extinct. A priest has absolutely no reason to cast lesser heal or heal anymore, not to mention older ranks of greater heal or flash heal, and they just take up spellbook space.
I'm pretty sure that you can already set the options in your spellbook to only show the highest rank of a spell.

Angry Grimace

Kletian said:
Square one is a hoot.

It's square two when you realize you still need to level from 20-50 that makes me hate leveling alts.
RAF is a joy, but 1-60 isn't worth it to me otherwise. I'd have an 80 Priest otherwise o_O

Angry Grimace

border said:
I'm pretty sure that you can already set the options in your spellbook to only show the highest rank of a spell.
You can. It's under the interfact tab I believe.

You used to be able to use lower ranks to avoid overheal and use less mana, but since lower ranks now use the same amount of mana, it's pointless.

vumpler

vumpler said:
Can someone please pm me 2-3 really good farming locations? I play on Gilneas and I need gold desperately. Our naxx group isn't amazing yet so my gold repairs are really high to boot.

Hoping its possibly to average 400g/hr.
Bumping for other's thoughts. Could really use more input :D

Kyoufu

Can't be arsed to PM, so I'll just say it here. If you have skinning, you can go to dire maul north entrance and farm a wave of dogs for rugged leather. I farmed them on my 70 tankadin last year when I needed gold for epic flying. The prices of Rugged Leathers are way higher now I think so you should be able to make more than I did. You may also get lucky like I did and bag yourself an Orb of Deception trinket which goes for 1k+.

The only downside to this is that you will have to wait 20mins or so because Blizzard only lets you enter an instance 5 times in 45 minutes, I think.

SleazyC

BigJonsson said:
Your expertise isn't capped. As a mutilate rogue a dodge or parried special can really tighten an already tight cycle.

Get 4-piece Tier 7 (Tier 7.5) bonus; the 4 piece bonus is amazing. I'd suggest Helm, Leg, Shoulder, Gloves but since you already have Chest you can forgo gloves and get the amazing Malygos 25-man gloves.

If you want to min-max as much as you can you might also want to get Berserking on those Webbed Deaths.

Might also want to think about scrounging up a Dark Moon Faire Card: Greatness as well.

Weenerz

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I doubt anyone doesn't notice you're just showing off.

I mean, you have 100% Naxxramas 25 gear and Valor Emblem gear where you don't. You know exactly what and where your gear is.

He's just doing what Xabora does, flexing the old Epeen.

Xabora

Weenerz said:
He's just doing what Xabora does, flexing the old Epeen.
Yeah well now its broken, 90 degree angle infact.

Blizzard put HB back on the 6sec cooldown and took KM procs off of my OH. :(

Back to research for dps ass kickery.

I wish they'd let us start alts of all classes at a higher level, then I'd have more to do than try and grind out small improvements to my character

Lain

Got my DK to 80 monday, and did 2 CoT timed runs with my friends. I was amazed at the amount of DPS I was able to throw out given the gear I was using (greens/blues from Zul'Drak/Greezly Hills quests, Wyrmrest fangs and stuff like that, only real good item was the BS crafted helm and, to a lesser extent, the 2 trinkets from IC with crit/expertise as on hit effect). Throwing out 2.4k dps overall and hitting even 2.8k on some bosses (the second time, 2k overall and 2.2/2.4k on some bosses the first time) as a fresh 80 in a heroic felt both amazing... and wrong.

JoeFu

Banned
Last night I tanked Heroic Gun'Drak with my guild (my first heroic!), and we did alright until we got to the boss. We wiped on Moorabi a few times until we remembered that Hammer of Justice is also now an interrupt spell, so we got the Less-rabi achievement. But when we got to the last boss, forgot what his name was... I was getting destroyed. He was hitting me for 8k for each hit, and hit me like two times within a second... it really sucked.

But then we tried Heroic Utgarde Keep and I managed to tank that one fairly easily, also got my new sword, the Infantry Assault Blade., which I read was pretty good pre-raiding.

Still trying to get my Defense up to 540 though, currently at 515.

Gal'darah is already my least favorite Wrath boss. He is FUCKING brutal on fresh 80s even decked out in Sunwell loot (unlike every other boss except loken) and he's so fucking random. Then, I got decked out in T7/T7.5 finery. Then I went with buddies for the Share the Love Cheevo.

Ye GODS.

He would go after the same person over and over, even after switching tanks off, and he'd do that ugly shit I hated from first go when he'd Charge me (healer) -> Impale me, beat on tank > drop me > STOMP sends me flying > Charged again > IMPALED AGAIN OMGWTF > finishes off tank cuz Enh shaman has weak heals and went flying too. ARGH.

SatelliteOfLove said:
Biting the bullet this week. We have 3 servers picked out, all from 07. The previous choice (the shittily named) The Forgotten Coast, is from late 05 and is now showing the dreaded signs of server lag since about 2k active players showed up on it since Christmas. At least with these other choices, I keep my name, though, but they're lowish-medium pop with wierd population imbalances though...

And there we go...Alterac Mountains here we come :(

JoeFu

Banned
"SAY HELLO TO MAH BIG FRIEND!"

Yeah, I hate that dude. I really have no idea where to begin getting gear... Any suggestions? My shoulders blow right now, and I need more defense and Stam

Here's where I am now

Also, where can I get some new trinkets, the ones I have now are horrible

Spruchy

JoeFu said:
"SAY HELLO TO MAH BIG FRIEND!"

Yeah, I hate that dude. I really have no idea where to begin getting gear... Any suggestions? My shoulders blow right now, and I need more defense and Stam

Here's where I am now

Also, where can I get some new trinkets, the ones I have now are horrible

Get the Addon Atlas Loot, any downtime you have pick some instances that have loot your interested in.

Emblem of Heroism x 40 usually results in a good trinket.

Get dem epics, ive been 80 for less then a week and havent been poopsocking yet I'm full of purps.

JoeFu

Banned
Well, I just hit 80 like 2 days ago and I haven't really done much because I'm not sure which places I can really tank right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom