• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, gonna give my warrior a break and go back to lvling my DK again. Plus, I'll give him some Heirloom gear to lvl up in to make things easier.

What's a good talent spec for both leveling and tanking some normal instances as I level up?

Fun in Naxx last night
1531abq.jpg

firex

Kintaro said:
Well, gonna give my warrior a break and go back to lvling my DK again. Plus, I'll give him some Heirloom gear to lvl up in to make things easier.

What's a good talent spec for both leveling and tanking some normal instances as I level up?
blood. Blood is basically the best 2h build. For tanking you want to have 5 into the tier 1 tank talents in each tree, but blood is great both for tanking and for solo dps.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Enh. Shammy with the Fist of Nerub is nothing compared the Holy Pally that tried to roll on Hatestrike yesterday.

Master Looter FTW.

Getting a new group down to do Heigan can be a real pain. It usually would end up that I'm alive running around for 5-10 minutes with my GF and I alive, but then I'd end up biting it after bringing him to close to the platform or some other fatigue related mistake.

They fixed the cheater spot though, from what the raid tells me.

Angry Grimace said:
The Enh. Shammy with the Fist of Nerub is nothing compared the Holy Pally that tried to roll on Hatestrike yesterday.

Master Looter FTW.

Getting a new group down to do Heigan can be a real pain. It usually would end up that I'm alive running around for 5-10 minutes with my GF and I alive, but then I'd end up biting it after bringing him to close to the platform or some other fatigue related mistake.

They fixed the cheater spot though, from what the raid tells me.
Cheater spot worked fine last night.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DarkAngelYuna said:
Cheater spot worked fine last night.
Well damn.

They were probably standing in the wrong spot.

I might give it a go if they take too long. It's bound to be fixed so that they will have to learn it at some point, but I'd rather not get a bunch of guys I am brand new friends with all discouraged.

Narag

Angry Grimace said:
It's bound to be fixed so that they will have to learn it at some point, but I'd rather not get a bunch of guys I am brand new friends with all discouraged.

If they can count to 4, they can master the dance. I had issues initially too but it really is trivial.

Alex

I just finished my starter set for Prot Pally. Pretty decent, half blues half epics. I need a good MH is all, using some shitty quest reward. I feel pretty retarded for letting the Red Sword of Courage rot a few weeks back.

Decided to just flesh out some Ret and Prot gear instead of leveling an alt. First time I've played a hybrid like a hybrid, its fun.

Angry Grimace

The one thing that's fun about bringing four druids to a raid: all the plate gear is mine :lol

Milpool

So today I thought I'd work my way up to A Hero's Burden, looking at the quest progression on that page I did 'Part-time Hunter' and 'Playing Along' which lead to 'The Ape Hunters Slave', but I never got 'Tormenting the Softknuckles'. Am I missing something? Halp

CassSept

You had this one q from river's heart if i remember correctly where you killed ummm, a cat? Some animal anyway and frenzyheart wolvars shouted at you for stealing their prey and making you their's slave or something among these lines.
If you didn't check all quests at river's heart. Or perhaps, the best way - wowhead

Milpool

CassSept said:
You had this one q from river's heart if i remember correctly where you killed ummm, a cat? Some animal anyway and frenzyheart wolvars shouted at you for stealing their prey and making you their's slave or something among these lines.
If you didn't check all quests at river's heart. Or perhaps, the best way - wowhead

I got the quest now, I think the server was just being wobbly, I haven't been getting my mail and instances aren't working randomly. So I left the zone and came back and now I can get the quest.

Aeana

The Lamonster said:
I don't understand what class has to do with seeing nodes...?

He probably means, going back to earlier areas on a death knight looking for nodes. Since they start at 55, they don't have the luxury of doing it as they quest up until that point.

Kintaro

Aeana said:
He probably means, going back to earlier areas on a death knight looking for nodes. Since they start at 55, they don't have the luxury of doing it as they quest up until that point.

This. Leveling up weapons is also a pain. But yeah, going back with the sole purpose of mining makes it a chore and nodes seemingly disappear. :lol

It may be all for naught though, I think I've spread my interests too thin in the game and find myself not enjoying anything since I just go back to thinking how I could spend the time doing this or leveling that. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Cipherr

Kintaro said:
This. Leveling up weapons is also a pain.

Level to 80, fly to Shadowmoon Valley in outlands. Fly to 69,51 and land right in the center of a banished mob named Azaloth. Unequip everything but your weapons you'll be skilling up and attack him. Hes banished by the NPC's surrounding him so he cant hit back, there are no pats that will aggro you, and at 80 the surrounding NPC's keeping him banished wont proxy aggro you either. You cant be automatically logged out while your in combat.

Start attacking, minimize window and go do laundry or something. This will be fixed eventually the same way they nerfed gaining weapon skills on other immune mobs, so get it done now on your characters and save yourself hours of pain.

Edit: Just in case your wondering this Azaloth mob is used for a quest somewhere around 69, thats why theres never any traffic in this area for you to worry about. Level 80 is the cap now, and ANYONE leveling a toon is not sticking around in outlands questing at level 69, they move to Northrend at 68 :lol

Weenerz

Banned
Puncture said:
Level to 80, fly to Shadowmoon Valley in outlands. Fly to 69,51 and land right in the center of a banished mob named Azaloth. Unequip everything but your weapons you'll be skilling up and attack him. Hes banished by the NPC's surrounding him so he cant hit back, there are no pats that will aggro you, and at 80 the surrounding NPC's keeping him banished wont proxy aggro you either. You cant be automatically logged out while your in combat.

Start attacking, minimize window and go do laundry or something. This will be fixed eventually the same way they nerfed gaining weapon skills on other immune mobs, so get it done now on your characters and save yourself hours of pain.

Edit: Just in case your wondering this Azaloth mob is used for a quest somewhere around 69, thats why theres never any traffic in this area for you to worry about. Level 80 is the cap now, and ANYONE leveling a toon is not sticking around in outlands questing at level 69, they move to Northrend at 68 :lol

Can't skill up on banished mobs anymore. Nor can you do it on evading mobs.

Also to change the subject, guild killed Malygos 25 earlier, we're pretty much done with WotLK until the next content patch, except for OS drakes :O

Cipherr

Weenerz said:

Also to change the subject, guild killed Malygos 25 earlier, we're pretty much done with WotLK until the next content patch, except for OS drakes :O

I actually mentioned in the post that you quoted me, that they missed this particular banished mob when they changed things. Yes I'm aware they attempted to make it not skill up anymore, but this one still does.

Xabora

*sigh*
Raid week is over for our guild. :(

Time to make my own fun by farming AQ mounts!
34pnvc9.jpg

Weenerz said:
Works on the Shadow Labs Banished Boss.

Weenerz said:
:O
Dang!

Kintaro said:
This. Leveling up weapons is also a pain. But yeah, going back with the sole purpose of mining makes it a chore and nodes seemingly disappear. :lol

It may be all for naught though, I think I've spread my interests too thin in the game and find myself not enjoying anything since I just go back to thinking how I could spend the time doing this or leveling that. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
I'm not even going to have a profession as a DK. My main can make all the money.

If you already have a 55+ character, why bother spending a billion hours leveling up professions?

firex

I did herbalism/skinning on my DK. it was boring to grind them to 300 before going to outland, but worth it just for the new skills granted for building up a gathering skill. plus, I didn't have a high level herbalist.

Flambe

Hm, went into my LAN card properties in Network connections, then Configure on my Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller, then Advanced tab, turned Checksum Offload to Disable and works.

Unless they were fixed in the meantime!

Edit: *looks up* Goddamnit >.<

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Fuuuuck. We've been on Gluth (heroic) for 2 hours now. I don't know if its our kiting that sucks or what but my god can we please clear this already. Its not even fun, its terrible.

We one shotted everything else in here except patchwerk which was a 2 shot. Then we get here and have to be on 11 by now.

VaLiancY

So my guild does Maly10 and I'm reading Battle Angel Alita and I don't want to be bothered cause it's a good read and I'm burning time grinding weapon skills. I cave in and go and BAM....Black Ice drops for me. Win a roll over a DK and I just tell him find something with some strength and you're all good.

Cipherr

vumpler said:
Fuuuuck. We've been on Gluth (heroic) for 2 hours now. I don't know if its our kiting that sucks or what but my god can we please clear this already. Its not even fun, its terrible.

We one shotted everything else in here except patchwerk which was a 2 shot. Then we get here and have to be on 11 by now.

Me and the rest of our hunters drop frost traps every cooldown spaced just far enough for the kiter to never take damage because of the slow, have you all tried that? Or is it not the kiter thats hindering you?

Alex said:
I just finished my starter set for Prot Pally. Pretty decent, half blues half epics. I need a good MH is all, using some shitty quest reward. I feel pretty retarded for letting the Red Sword of Courage rot a few weeks back.

Decided to just flesh out some Ret and Prot gear instead of leveling an alt. First time I've played a hybrid like a hybrid, its fun.

I've been doing the same thing for a while although it's hard to get a good ret set since emblems can't cover everything and it's rare to run an instance without at least one dps plate.

Aegis of Damnation dropped tonight in a 10 man Naxx PuG so I just have a couple of upgrades I want left. I need one of the ilvl 213 healing weapons and a 4th piece of T7. There are further optimizations but none of it really matters, at least with the current content. Sitting at 2K sp, 34.2% holy crit, 14.3% haste, and 23.3K mana unbuffed.

vumpler

Puncture said:
Me and the rest of our hunters drop frost traps every cooldown spaced just far enough for the kiter to never take damage because of the slow, have you all tried that? Or is it not the kiter thats hindering you?
Yep, that's exactly what we're doing. We've only got 2 hunters though but we've got 3 shammys. So we're dropping earth bind on each grate and 2 frost traps inbetween those.

I think our problem is we don't have enough ranged kiters. Randomly one of them will get concussioned and dropped or we don't deenrage the boss fast enough during the 5% deal.

I dunno we just called it for the night after 12 wipes. Uhg

vumpler

BigJonsson said:
Do you have a rogue using anisthetic poison on Gluth to get rid of the enrages?
Yeah but we kept pulling him for zombies. I guess we should have left him on him. in the 10 man we never had an issue but the 25 is giving us trouble.

zam

vumpler said:
Yeah but we kept pulling him for zombies. I guess we should have left him on him. in the 10 man we never had an issue but the 25 is giving us trouble.
We've done it 25-man tons of time with just one rogue, as long as the rogue only leaves the boss to kill zombies when he decimates, you should be fine (also hunter with tranq shot works too, but they are usually kiting zombies).

Kintaro

The Lamonster said:
I'm not even going to have a profession as a DK. My main can make all the money.

If you already have a 55+ character, why bother spending a billion hours leveling up professions?

I don't have a main. I have a Hunter at lvl 61 that is boring as fuck to play. Only reason I can make a DK. :lol

Lain

The Lamonster said:

Because profesions give nice perks, like the shoulder enchants, the armor slots, the best gems, the ring enchants, etc etc.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The Lamonster said:

I just took mining and skinning for my dk so I could get toughness and master of anatomy. Skinning was quick to level, but mining not so much. Nonetheless, they give my stats a bit of a boost, and allow me to farm materials while wandering around doing other stuff, otherwise I'd feel like I'm leaving money on the table.

Macattk15

vumpler said:

Me and a Pally kite them with ease. I'm a Fury Warrior .... I just stay with him and spam Piercing Howl while he runs in a circle and drops consencrate on top the healers everytime he comes back around to them.

Scum

Holy zombie, Jesus! I've been flicking through chars I've seen in Orgrimmar on the WoW Armory and I'm oustanded at some of these reputations gained! How the hell did they manage to get so many factions to 'Exalted'?!?! :O

I've managed to max out my 'Mining' about a week ago. Great fun. I'm @ 278 for Jewelcrafting and I've slowed down a bit though. Damn you 'Large Opals', 'Azerothian Diamonds' and 'Blue Sapphires'.
ojfchvjpg.gif

firex

exalted with all horde factions is really easy to get if you make a new character now. other factions basically require lots of daily quests or dungeon farming.

Scum

firex said:
exalted with all horde factions is really easy to get if you make a new character now. other factions basically require lots of daily quests or dungeon farming.
Ah, I see. That's one thing I rarely ever do. Dungeons. Maybe I should find myself a Guild or group and stop strolling around PvE on my own so much. :lol

Erudite

Scum said:
Holy zombie, Jesus! I've been flicking through chars I've seen in Orgrimmar on the WoW Armory and I'm oustanded at some of these reputations gained! How the hell did they manage to get so many factions to 'Exalted'?!?! :O

I've managed to max out my 'Mining' about a week ago. Great fun. I'm @ 278 for Jewelcrafting and I've slowed down a bit though. Damn you 'Large Opals', 'Azerothian Diamonds' and 'Blue Sapphires'.
ojfchvjpg.gif

I think I ended up dropping 500g just to get from 280-300 on my Pally Alt. After that, the difficulty/cost to level Jewelcrafting drops by a huge margin. Hasn't ramped back up yet, and I'm around 340 atm.

BigJonsson said:
I'm 6th ranked rogue on Anetheron according to armorylite.com

3rd ranked Alliance rogue

:lol

Dude you're on Anethoron, too? I was in Eclipsed back in the day before tBC came out but haven't raided since :( It's a pretty cool server

Scum

Traced-Velocity said:
I think I ended up dropping 500g just to get from 280-300 on my Pally Alt. After that, the difficulty/cost to level Jewelcrafting drops by a huge margin. Hasn't ramped back up yet, and I'm around 340 atm.
Well, I'm closing in on 300 now (@ 293 at the mo). I just took some time out to mine Thorium Ore for Propecting and got the gems. :D
Funny thing is, I couldn't (and really shouldn't) buy them if I could anyway. No-one seems to have them, plus the Auction House is devoid of them too! :lol
I'm going to stock the AH when I'm ready. :p

Erudite

Scum said:
Well, I'm closing in on 300 now (@ 293 at the mo). I just took some time out to mine Thorium Ore for Propecting and got the gems. :D
Funny thing is, I couldn't (and really shouldn't) buy them if I could anyway. No-one seems to have them, plus the Auction House is devoid of them too! :lol
I'm going to stock the AH when I'm ready. :p

Yeah haha
I was too lazy to go farm for Thorium... I did it during vanilla WoW for Thunderfury for weeks... Not fun =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom