• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beq

Neo Member
Oni Link 666 said:
The stuff people are talking about here wouldn't affect you as a low level Rogue. So, go ahead. Rogues are a lot of fun to play.

also, by the time you do get your rogue up to 80, a lot of the problems should be fixed by then, lol.

Chris R

PhoenixDark said:
Did H UK earlier today. Had no problems holding aggro and my gear/health held up nicely. No good drops tho

It was a guild run except for me. It was odd because a third through the instance they started complaining about me marking targets and using ready check. So I stopped marking for a bit, as expected people were targeting the wrong mobs, cc was being broken, etc. No one died because of it but the group's dmg taken went up. Finally a couple people admitted that yes, marking is cool.

So yea, since when is marking and using ready check noobish? It ensures everyone's on the same page and eliminated frivolous wipes. It's not like I use ready check on every mob, but if we're about to engage 4+ mobs or a boss, I use it.
I'd only use ready check on the first pull and each boss. Let your mana users know to let you know if they need to stop and drink.

zam

Oni Link 666 said:
If you're going to a fair weather, FOTM chasing anything, don't even bother. :\

Don't pity Rogues for not being able to out DPS everyone with one the easiest raiding specs to play this side of steady shot spamming hunters. It's not keeping me out of groups. And if it's keeping you out of groups, you need a new guild.
Thing is rogues can't even out dps people with muti, which is our highest dps spec at the moment, and requires a little more thinking than combat to use effectively..

I'm not losing raid spots becuase I'm a rogue, but it's annoying when you are consistently out dpsd by warriors and mages. Warriors arent a pure dps class since they can tank if they want, and wear plate, and mages can stand at a safe distance and dps. Rogues have traded tons of things for being able to do pure dps, we cant respecc healer or tank, we can only wear leather so we are a little squishy, and we have to stand at melee range and dps, putting us in danger of tons of AoE dmg..

Xabora said:
Holy Shit we finally did it.
*Server First for Madoran!
Congrats! We did 2 drakes last week, this week we have been trying for 3 drakes and it's definitely a challenge. People complaining about wrath raids being easy-mode should really try it out :p

firex

I barely even mark mobs anymore, but that's just because as a pally I tank them all too easily and the dps pretty much blasts them. I mean even in heroics there's no real need for CC for me anymore because I overgear them, so all I can really do is maybe put a skull on the guy I'm targeting to pull or something.

Beq said:
Marking should always be used. Ready check, in my experience I only used it on bosses/minibosses.

If readycheck is having to be used on regular mobs, that means the group is going too slow... But if its your playstyle, and it works for you, more power to you.
Readycheck is both a blessing and a curse, in my opinion. It obviously has a benefit to make sure everyone is actually ready before pulling, but there are some tanks that don't realise that it does not take a minute of drinking/eating/fapping to be ready and it does not take a readycheck to be ready. Just pull in heroics. They're not hard. Not that I can remember, anyway.

I once pugged a few heroics with a tank that did a readycheck every second pull. He was a great tank, it just got tedious clicking yes every few minutes. The command should have a cooldown of about 5 minutes. That should do the trick.

EDIT: A few posts of mine ago I had meant to link my armory. Well, here it is.

I did a Naxx 10 PuG full clear last night. Picked up the hammer of the astral plane, helm of the corrupted mind, and ring of the fated which put me up to 19% spell haste (20.6% is the soft cap for holy in raids) and 42% crit on holy light unbuffed. Sexy. And with an added bonus of not needing anything from Naxx 10.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Orbitcube said:
The command should have a cooldown of about 5 minutes. That should do the trick.
ah... no. that would be retarded. people just need to learn when it's appropriate to use it.

Alex

2x drake can be pretty easy on 10 man if you pop Heroism and just fucking explode the first drake before the second even has a chance to fly in.

3x is just something I'll likely never do, too much raid gutting, too much nonsense. The point of WotLK raiding is supposed to be to get more people in and to allow more class combos, not fucking start sitting people again and having to force gear up alts and offtanks because the mains are just not good enough for it.

Getting the title from the Heroic version is equivalent to putting a sign on your back saying you can wipe your own ass.

yacobod

Banned
Alex said:
Getting the title from the Heroic version is equivalent to putting a sign on your back saying you can wipe your own ass.

10 mans are easier than 25 mans, you can keep spewing your rhetoric to say otherwise, but 10 mans are a joke

your posts are :lol

Weenerz

Banned
yacobod said:
10 mans are easier than 25 mans, you can keep spewing your rhetoric to say otherwise, but 10 mans are a joke

Uh, 10 man sartharion 3D is the hardest encounter in the game so far. Go back to farming Naxx 10 :lol

10-man Sarth is harder than 25-man.....

25-man allows some people to die in the fire, 10-man hurts alot more when you lose someone stupidly

Cipherr

yacobod said:

Yeah... about that....

Your kinda way wrong. I know that we are conditioned to think 25man is harder than 10 but 3D is the exception friend. If your not doing it yet, you will undoubtedly agree once you all start. Feels like a goddamn 5 man arena team, your having to bench people to come up with the correct raid class composition on 10man.

Lot of hurt feelings when people miss out on the guild first 3D. Bitching galore, but we didn't fucking design so....

yacobod

Banned
excluding 10m sarth with 3 drakes up, i stand by my post above, 10 mans are a bigger joke than 25 mans

Weenerz said:
Go back to farming Naxx 10.

i raid 2 nights a week on my warrior, clear all content, i'm 5/5 t7.5 on my warrior thanks

There are fights that are harder 10 man and fights that are harder 25 man. Grobbulus, Sapphiron, and Kel'thuzad actually require you to pay attention in the 10 man version. I finished Sapphiron 25 with full mana this week (second in healing, right behind the ret paladin who judged light). And then almost fell asleep on KT.

The hardest thing about 25 mans was the lag and absurd amount of disconnects a couple weeks ago.

edit: Of course, I PuG 10 mans and therefore have to do most of the healing. On Sapphiron I maintained 5K hps (without judging light) for 10 minutes and had to solo heal Loatheb when the resto druid got locked out on the pull.

Cipherr

cubicle47b said:
edit: Of course, I PuG 10 mans and therefore have to do most of the healing. On Sapphiron I maintained 5K hps (without judging light) for 10 minutes and had to solo heal Loatheb when the resto druid got locked out on the pull.

:lol :lol Amazing feat though solo healing Loatheb, even on 10 man that couldnt have been a cakewalk. 1 healer for the dps and the tank on Loatheb? Nice especially if you kept everyone up somehow and didnt just let 5 dps die and 4 man it with 1 tank you and 3 dps.
Thats what it came down to on our first 10 man Loatheb kill lol.

Puncture said:
:lol :lol Amazing feat though solo healing Loatheb, even on 10 man that couldnt have been a cakewalk. 1 healer for the dps and the tank on Loatheb? Nice especially if you kept everyone up somehow and didnt just let 5 dps die and 4 man it with 1 tank you and 3 dps.
Thats what it came down to on our first 10 man Loatheb kill lol.

The only person who died was the resto druid outside the gate who went AFK and didn't heal himself.

Kyoufu

firex said:
I barely even mark mobs anymore, but that's just because as a pally I tank them all too easily and the dps pretty much blasts them. I mean even in heroics there's no real need for CC for me anymore because I overgear them, so all I can really do is maybe put a skull on the guy I'm targeting to pull or something.

Patch 3.0 removed any need for CC or marking, which makes me really happy as I love AoE tanking.

etiolate

Banned
yacobod said:
excluding 10m sarth with 3 drakes up, i stand by my post above, 10 mans are a bigger joke than 25 mans

i raid 2 nights a week on my warrior, clear all content, i'm 5/5 t7.5 on my warrior thanks

10 man Maly and 10 man saph seemed harder than 25 man.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orbitcube said:
Readycheck is both a blessing and a curse, in my opinion. It obviously has a benefit to make sure everyone is actually ready before pulling, but there are some tanks that don't realise that it does not take a minute of drinking/eating/fapping to be ready and it does not take a readycheck to be ready. Just pull in heroics. They're not hard. Not that I can remember, anyway.

I once pugged a few heroics with a tank that did a readycheck every second pull. He was a great tank, it just got tedious clicking yes every few minutes. The command should have a cooldown of about 5 minutes. That should do the trick.

EDIT: A few posts of mine ago I had meant to link my armory. Well, here it is.
I mark before bosses, and only noobs don't have marks hotkeyed for quick marking. =P

And who says Warrior tanks can't do good DPS:

DPSrecountKeri.jpg

Alex said:
2x drake can be pretty easy on 10 man if you pop Heroism and just fucking explode the first drake before the second even has a chance to fly in.

3x is just something I'll likely never do, too much raid gutting, too much nonsense. The point of WotLK raiding is supposed to be to get more people in and to allow more class combos, not fucking start sitting people again and having to force gear up alts and offtanks because the mains are just not good enough for it.

*SMACK*

Ah jeez fuck, dude. Don't just up and say something that whiny without warning; I almost facepalmed my head off.

Xabora

Puncture said:
Yeah... about that....

Your kinda way wrong. I know that we are conditioned to think 25man is harder than 10 but 3D is the exception friend. If your not doing it yet, you will undoubtedly agree once you all start. Feels like a goddamn 5 man arena team, your having to bench people to come up with the correct raid class composition on 10man.

Lot of hurt feelings when people miss out on the guild first 3D. Bitching galore, but we didn't fucking design so....
General Raiding, yes.
Hard-Mode, no.
It doesn't follow Blizzard's normal raid mode rules in that everyone can do it.
They have it aimed at the more skilled raiders. [Badge of Honor]

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
So our guild went into Naxx 25 again this week. We're going to finish up monday but right now we're at kel thuzad. We owned that fight last week but we were to tired to down it in the first 2 tries last night.

My question is: How long is it taking you guys to clear Naxx 25? We do a hard 4 hour cutoff and are trying to get it done within that time. Our guild DPS is at least 20% higher than last week now.

This is our 4th week in.

Breakdown:

• 1st week: Stuck on patchwork (cleared all other wings)
  • 2nd week: Stuck on Gluth (cleared all other wings)
  • 3rd week: Cleared it but took 10.5 hours
  • 4th week: Got to Kel Thuzad in 8 hours

So we're making progress but I'm wondering what our best time will be in there. So please let me know how long it took you guys when you started and how quickly you're moving now.

zam

vumpler said:
So our guild went into Naxx 25 again this week. We're going to finish up monday but right now we're at kel thuzad. We owned that fight last week but we were to tired to down it in the first 2 tries last night.

My question is: How long is it taking you guys to clear Naxx 25? We do a hard 4 hour cutoff and are trying to get it done within that time. Our guild DPS is at least 20% higher than last week now.

This is our 4th week in.

Breakdown:

• 1st week: Stuck on patchwork (cleared all other wings)
  • 2nd week: Stuck on Gluth (cleared all other wings)
  • 3rd week: Cleared it but took 10.5 hours
  • 4th week: Got to Kel Thuzad in 8 hours

So we're making progress but I'm wondering what our best time will be in there. So please let me know how long it took you guys when you started and how quickly you're moving now.
1st week we cleared all wings except abomination and got stuck on patchwerk
2nd week everything except thaddius
3rd week cleared it
Now clearing Naxx in one night (4 hours)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
zam said:
1st week we cleared all wings except abomination and got stuck on patchwerk
2nd week everything except thaddius
3rd week cleared it
Now clearing Naxx in one night (4 hours)
nice! Something to look forward to.

Lain

With my guild, we now clear Naxx25 in 2.5 days (2 days to clear all wings, 1 hour of the next day to do Sapph/Kel), raiding 3 hours each day. Our DPS aren't all that great tho. I mean, this week we killed Thaddius after he enraged, with only 2 people dead during the fight and a BL used....

lexi

Banned
Lain said:
With my guild, we now clear Naxx25 in 2.5 days (2 days to clear all wings, 1 hour of the next day to do Sapph/Kel), raiding 3 hours each day. Our DPS aren't all that great tho. I mean, this week we killed Thaddius after he enraged, with only 2 people dead during the fight and a BL used....

Yikes. How do you kill Patchwerk with that kind of dps? Thaddius' enrage is much more lenient then Patchwerk's.

Lain

Weirdly enough, we do better on PW than Thaddius. We kill him with like 1 minute left or thereabout on the timer.

Cipherr

lockii said:
Yikes. How do you kill Patchwerk with that kind of dps? Thaddius' enrage is much more lenient then Patchwerk's.

I disagree here, Thadd is harder IMO because its possible to lose people to (sigh) not making the jump, then jumping smack into the middle of charged folks after the run around and make the jump the second time (which gets them killed if they dont have a positive or negative charge) Or if people are just so caught up in their dps rotations that they miss the ir charge changing and get killed and kill others.

Lose a few folks on Thadd and your raid dps suffers from not only a loss of that persons personal dps, but from the additional 10% damage that they would provide the people they were standing next to. Its brutal having 3 tards miss the jump and another 2 die. Thank god for slow fall being castable on others now. Assign mages to the more casual guild members and give them slow fall and all is well.

But Patch? Noones going to die on that fight. Everyones alive, everyone has no interruption whatsoever in their dps rotations. Its basically 3 minutes of attacking a target dummy that hits the 3 tanks back.

Started a casual raiding guild a few weeks back and we cleared up to 10-man Sapphiron tonight. Was pretty nice. We first or second tried just about every boss in there. Definitely enjoying it. Very satisfying.

We just wasted 3 hours in 25 man Naxx. We cleared the spider and plague wings easily on Saturday but, we failed miserably on both Instructor Razuvious and Patchwerk tonight. The priests weren't hit capped so their MCs kept being resisted and they also kept breaking early. I don't know why they would keep breaking early. Does that have anything to do with hit rating?

We just failed the Patchwerk gear check. Patch took out the off-tank right off the bat and then about a minute later took out all the melee DPS. It was ugly. I don't think some people got that they failed a gear check and just called it a bad night though. :lol Maybe they were just being nice.

Weenerz

Banned
Their MCs failing or losing them early has more to do with the players shadow resist, weirdly enough. Make sure the priests take off all shadow resist protection and they will be fine. Hit rating has nothing to do with it.

TomServo

vumpler said:
Naxx is a three hour clear for us. Your tanks and healers will get geared up to the point that running with six or more healers will bore them to tears, so you can start swapping out healers for dps, which will speed everything up.

Otherwise the only thing we do to speed up is have the master looter stay behind and handle loot / EPGP while we're clearing trash to the next boss. If your entire raid is standing around after a boss kill you're wasting a lot of time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, flasks and food buffs at all times. Yes, it's farm content but we'd like to get through it as quickly as possible.

lockii said:
Patchwerk in Wrath is healing check, not a dps check. Raid dps needs to be 3K more than Archavon, the lottery boss that's PUG'd every week by people in greens.

I hope I have better luck with Naxx loot this week. Caster drops have been few and far between for us. Lots of sidegrades, but no clear upgrades. Life and Death and Dying Curse dropped last week, but two casters ahead of me in EPGP got them. Now I'm at the top of the entire guild, and it looks like I'll be able to grab two pieces before another caster jumps ahead of me. WTB The Turning Tide.

border

Just hit 80 with both of my characters, halfway through Zul'Drak area. So I guess I still have half of Northrend to do :D

I started looking at the reputation rewards for the various factions and I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed. Almost everything is barely better than Auction House blues. Except for the Arcanums, I don't much any point in doing these rep grinds for my warlock/warrior. I guess Quel'Danas spoiled us all.

xabre

Banned
So my account was hacked and I was banned for a day. Dunno why, dunno how.

Any experiences here? When I log on tomorrow what should I expect to find? Deleted characters? Deleted items? No money (not that I had much anyway)?

CassSept

VaLiancY said:
:lol :lol :lol

Good grief, those fake 3.1 patch notes were horrible. People aren't even trying anymore.
Nah, they were fun

Kick's damage reduced significantly

Who cares Kick doesn't do any damage since 3 months!

TomServo

xabre said:
So my account was hacked and I was banned for a day. Dunno why, dunno how.

Any experiences here? When I log on tomorrow what should I expect to find? Deleted characters? Deleted items? No money (not that I had much anyway)?

We had a rash of hacked accounts in the guild. Expect all items to have been vendored and all money mailed out. Possibly deleted accounts. At worst the account was server transferred, renamed, then deleted.

xabre

Banned
TomServo said:
We had a rash of hacked accounts in the guild. Expect all items to have been vendored and all money mailed out. Possibly deleted accounts. At worst the account was server transferred, renamed, then deleted.

Ha wow (excuse the pun).

Can everything be restored? If it can't I quit for good. Point blank.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
I disagree here, Thadd is harder IMO because its possible to lose people to (sigh) not making the jump, then jumping smack into the middle of charged folks after the run around and make the jump the second time (which gets them killed if they dont have a positive or negative charge) Or if people are just so caught up in their dps rotations that they miss the ir charge changing and get killed and kill others.

Lose a few folks on Thadd and your raid dps suffers from not only a loss of that persons personal dps, but from the additional 10% damage that they would provide the people they were standing next to. Its brutal having 3 tards miss the jump and another 2 die. Thank god for slow fall being castable on others now. Assign mages to the more casual guild members and give them slow fall and all is well.

But Patch? Noones going to die on that fight. Everyones alive, everyone has no interruption whatsoever in their dps rotations. Its basically 3 minutes of attacking a target dummy that hits the 3 tanks back.
While not experienced with teh 25 man version of Thaddius, if you simply call the charge changing on Vent, nobody has an excuse to not move (I do it for healers that aren't watching the cast bar on the enemy).

It's pretty much never the right call to drop what you're doing to finish a rotation out; I have a hunter who likes to call for that at around 10% on vent, but I usually have to insist on not doing that.

TomServo

Angry Grimace said:
While not experienced with teh 25 man version of Thaddius, if you simply call the charge changing on Vent, nobody has an excuse to not move (I do it for healers that aren't watching the cast bar on the enemy).

If you install DBM it warns you of impending polarity shifts, and annouces if your own polarity has shifted.

Regardless, people still die due to crossed polarities.

PatzCU

Managed to hack my way up to 1934 rating in 2s last night :D The new arena rating system is MUCH more lenient. If you are above average in arena, you should be able to make it decently far. Bad players will still go nowhere. However, I think the really hardcore arena guys will bitch that they made arena too easy.

If you manage to get an even win/lose ratio, you will climb the ladder slowly but surely (although it will take an absurd amount of games).

Overall, I'm really happy with this expansion. I spent the first month doing some pretty hardcore raiding. I managed to clear almost all the content before switching to PvP mode. Now that I finally have my PvP gear to a nice level, I may start raiding again to collect the rest of my t7.5. I just wish those dual specs would come out already so I could switch seamlessly between PvP and PvE mode.

Angry Grimace

TomServo said:
If you install DBM it warns you of impending polarity shifts, and annouces if your own polarity has shifted.

Regardless, people still die due to crossed polarities.
Casuals tend to have crappy computers and moan and groan that about "lag" when they turn on DBM, so I don't force the issue as long as we don't wipe.

xabre

Banned
The verdict on the damage is...I lost my half epic'd healing set, t7.5 helm, t7.5 chest and t7 legs. They left all my other equipped stuff alone, how thoughtful. My helm, chest and legs were replaced with the three pieces of blue PvP gear I had. Also lost a bunch of other misc items. It isn't a complete disaster but I'm pretty gimp. I've sent a ticket to a gm, hopefully it won't take too long for my stuff to be reinstated.

The worrying thing is I never did anything wrong. Never gave my password to anyone. I have a firewall and anti-virus. If it happens again, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom