• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

zam

Best moneymaking scam ever, Im buying Borean Leather on the AH cheap, turning it into Heavy Borean Leather and selling it for twice what I bought the Heavy Borean Leather for. Can't believe people are buying it :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
zam said:
Best moneymaking scam ever, Im buying Borean Leather on the AH cheap, turning it into Heavy Borean Leather and selling it for twice what I bought the Heavy Borean Leather for. Can't believe people are buying it :lol
doesn't work on Gilneas :( 1 Heavy Borean is cheaper than 10 borean leather

Tamanon

Banned
zam said:

On Silvermoon, some of the green Northrend gems are listed on the AH at lower than the vendor price of cut versions. Means I actually made money leveling jewelcrafting from 350 to 415.:lol

JoeFu

Banned
I've been on a mount hunt for the past few days. Been farming Strat for Rivendare's mount and it finally dropped today!

JoeFu said:
I've been on a mount hunt for the past few days. Been farming Strat for Rivendare's mount and it finally dropped today!
Grats. I've been farming it on and off for a bit (22 kills), and still haven't got anything. I'm starting to dislike the mount though, and I'm more in favor of just farming ZG for the mount (takes more time I guess, just more spaced out). Hopefully my group will get lucky and a mount will drop for the second time in a row (HA!).

yacobod

Banned
Epix said:
Have yet to even see this drop. 10 kills and counting...

ya i got mine on my 9th KT kill, mind you i didnt get any wpns out of naxx until my 8th clear, guild had horrible luck with 2h wpn drops

So what's the state of dual-wield builds for Death Knights on the PTR? I know they've made a ton of changes so I'm asking anyone who's been on the PTR and tried it out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ToyMachine228 said:
So what's the state of dual-wield builds for Death Knights on the PTR? I know they've made a ton of changes so I'm asking anyone who's been on the PTR and tried it out.
Dead as a doornail. With Howling Blast at 51 pts, Necrosis only on Main hand and BCB with a 3 second C/D there's absolutely no benefit to Dual Wielding.

The problem is that the only benefit to DW is that you can use HB with Rime and KM procs; but HB gets a damage nerf, and you'd be crazy to not take Frost Strike at 41 pts if you have HB. Frost Strike is just a better use of KM procs with a decent 2H weapon.

Ashodin

Epix said:
Have yet to even see this drop. 10 kills and counting...
After avoiding Betrayer until everyone got one (my stupid idea of passing all weapons except Armageddon just because it IS A GODDAM BUSTER SWORD), I finally got mine two weeks ago. EXCITE!:D

yacobod

Banned
Maxrpg said:
After avoiding Betrayer until everyone got one (my stupid idea of passing all weapons except Armageddon just because it IS A GODDAM BUSTER SWORD), I finally got mine two weeks ago. EXCITE!:D

i ended up gettin a jawbone, Armageddon, and betrayer all in the past 2 Naxx raids after 8 clears with nothing dropping, i was using 2x Demise's ffs

i decided on using Betrayer (mh) + Armageddon (oh), i'm already well over the expertise cap, so i feel the stats of the jawbone are kind of redundant , so i can utilize the stats of Armageddon better in my oh (more crit), plus the wpn speed of Arm and BOH are the same, so i gain an extra flurry proc, or at least thats how i'm rationalizing the move

i guess i'll play around in game to see which combo is better, but i have a feeling this will be better

critch

Banned
Epix said:
Are there any mods or tools available to show you quests that you haven't found yet and where they are?

You can get a mod that lists every quest separated by zone, called "EveryQuest".

So what's the best way for a noob raider to get involved with instances higher than 5-man? I've got a level 65 rogue and have been playing since November with some friends through refer-a-friend, so I've levelled fairly fast just questing and doing the level-relevant instances in Outland.

Some random guy invited me into an Onyxia raid and I was bored, so I said sure and joined up, looking to see what some of the cooler raid instances were like. Well I die at a boss and get the "you cannot re-enter while the fight is going on" message, which I'd never seen before. I ask in the raid chat what it's all about, as there are other dead dudes next me, and one of the 80s starts in on how I obviously bought my account since I'm a noob about WoW. While I don't deny being a noob about WoW, my ignorance is just that, as I've never seen this stuff before! Granted, he said this to a few other people, too, so not sure what was up.

All of the raid stuff is new to me, so is there is a better way I should be going about it? I understand some of this stuff is easier if you're in a guild and have guildies to guide you, but I'm not in one and can't really advertise my noobish services lol.

Any tips?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
letsbereasonable said:
So what's the best way for a noob raider to get involved with instances higher than 5-man? I've got a level 65 rogue and have been playing since November with some friends through refer-a-friend, so I've levelled fairly fast just questing and doing the level-relevant instances in Outland.

Some random guy invited me into an Onyxia raid and I was bored, so I said sure and joined up, looking to see what some of the cooler raid instances were like. Well I die at a boss and get the "you cannot re-enter while the fight is going on" message, which I'd never seen before. I ask in the raid chat what it's all about, as there are other dead dudes next me, and one of the 80s starts in on how I obviously bought my account since I'm a noob about WoW. While I don't deny being a noob about WoW, my ignorance is just that, as I've never seen this stuff before! Granted, he said this to a few other people, too, so not sure what was up.

All of the raid stuff is new to me, so is there is a better way I should be going about it? I understand some of this stuff is easier if you're in a guild and have guildies to guide you, but I'm not in one and can't really advertise my noobish services lol.

Any tips?
Join a guild. Even if it's a shitty guild they'll be so desperate for active members they'll practically shit themselves showing you the ropes. Will help.

Another thing you'll want to do is look up a spec and DPS rotation. Rogue is a class that's counter intuitive; doing what's "fun" (stealthing and acting like a ninja) usually means your DPS will be crappy. And that's the quickest way to get yelled at by people you don't know; low DPS. You will never get an invite to raids if you have a reputation as a low DPS person who can't pull their weight. Sad but true.

letsbereasonable said:

Any tips?

You can't re-enter a raid dungeon after dying while the boss fight is still going on. This is obviously to prevent people from just running back in after getting killed by a boss and helping everyone finish the fight. You can do that in some 5 man dungeons as far as I know but, not in raids.

The best thing to do if you die during any boss fight is to just sit there dead and wait for the fight to be over. This way you don't miss out on loot rolls if your group beats the boss.

TomServo

Mainline said:
Pretty much the exact opposite of my guild, zero Turning Tide and bunch of Betrayer/Journey's End, I'm a mage :(

Same with us. It's getting to the point where our casuals have Betrayers and JE's because we'll get three weapons to drop off of KT every time, but we've never seen a single TT.

We'll get one tomorrow when Naxx is done. How do I know? Because I'm at the top of EPGP, am using an iLevel 200 weapon, and am sitting out this week.

Macattk15

Epix said:
11th kill last night. Still no betrayer......

I've lost both of ours. Makes me sad when worse people get better gear than me (the retadin that got our first died ELEVEN times in fissures on Sartharion, I'm yet to fall to one of them).

Looks like my guild isn't the only one not seeing Betrayers.

We've been doing Naxx25 since December and I don't think we've seen 1 Betrayer yet, kinda sucks cause we do have quite a few people who need it.

What's pretty funny is that one of our mages couldn't make it to our weekly Naxx, so he had to pug it and got Turning Tide on a roll of 100 :lol

Still No Illustration or Wraith Strike though =(

yacobod

Banned
Macattk15 said:
I've lost both of ours. Makes me sad when worse people get better gear than me (the retadin that got our first died ELEVEN times in fissures on Sartharion, I'm yet to fall to one of them).

that sucks, should prioritize betrayers to warriors tho imo, TG wars do so much more dps than retardins

Macattk15

yacobod said:
that sucks, should prioritize betrayers to warriors tho imo, TG wars do so much more dps than retardins

True. I wouldn't mind a well played player getting loot .... it's just the retards who put it to waste that just "grinds my gears".

Kletian

I just want the damn Trash-drop mace to finally see the light of day. Best in slot for DK tanks and I've seen it once, only to lose it to a fraggin TG Warrior.

That mace will put me even futher ahead gear-wise of the rest of my guild. Being the best geared tank (let alone being the best geared player) makes these 10-man Naxx runs I get drug to torture...

yacobod

Banned
Epix said:

its true though, i dont think you are going to find a lot of WWS reports showing otherwise

there is a reason why TG is getting hit with the nerf bat, its the best dps spec in game atm

Angry Grimace

Pet peeve of the day:

The amount of time it takes fucking Paladins to put Kings on someone that doesn't have it. You'd swear they have to enter "4 8 15 16 23 42 enter" each time it's applied because it's server wide that it takes like 5 requests before the Paladin in question even considers pressing any buttons.

Macattk15

Epix said:

It's rather true. Hence why the are nerfing TG warriors a flat 10%. Maybe you haven't seen the patch notes.

I beat the ret's in my guild without a problem and one of them is a very good player .... typically 500 dps lower than me .... on non-gimmick fights.

Epix

Macattk15 said:
It's rather true. Hence why the are nerfing TG warriors a flat 10%. Maybe you haven't seen the patch notes.

I beat the ret's in my guild without a problem and one of them is a very good player .... typically 500 dps lower than me .... on non-gimmick fights.
I'm not arguing that TG is OP. I was just poking at his logic that a flawed dps spec should for some magical reason have priority over another dps spec.

Angry Grimace said:
Pet peeve of the day:

The amount of time it takes fucking Paladins to put Kings on someone that doesn't have it. You'd swear they have to enter "4 8 15 16 23 42 enter" each time it's applied because it's server wide that it takes like 5 requests before the Paladin in question even considers pressing any buttons.

Every time you complain about not having a blessing in raid chat the paladin cares less. At some point you won't get kings at all unless the raid leader stops the raid until you get your blessing. That's how much they'll hate you.

edit: In 3.1 I'm going to tell PuGs I didn't train kings when they demand it over what I'm already giving them even if it's already on someone else in the group.

colinp

Banned
I've got a noob question for ya: at what level can an Alliance char visit Horde cities without getting mauled on site, if ever...?

Tamanon

Banned
colinp said:
I've got a noob question for ya: at what level can an Alliance char visit Horde cities without getting mauled on site, if ever...?

You really can't. The guards have been buffed up. So your option is to stealth in, do a corpse run past the guards and avoid them inside city, or to run past them to a safe area and they reset so you can get there.

firex

Angry Grimace said:
Pet peeve of the day:

Being limited to 1 blessing per paladin per class is probably why that happens.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
colinp said:

Never pretty much. You can go in as a rogue or cat form druid and sneak around, but the guards just keep coming and the players are ruthless.

colinp

Banned
Thanks for the quick response. That's pretty tragic- I really wanted to see the crazy windy streets of Ogrimmar and various sites etc., but I guess I can always just make a Horde character for exploration purposes. Thanks again!

Definitely love interacting with horde in Booty Bay and Ratchet though. One of my fondest WOW memories thus far is dancing with an undead warlock in the hills of the Charred Vale after trying unsuccessfully to speak to one another. Good times indeed :lol

firex

horde is the best side anyway. join up with the good guys and ditch the alliance with their lame king and millions of sweaty manchildren playing female night elves, draenei, dwarves, gnomes, and of course, humans. then you get to play with millions of neckbeards playing male orcs, tauren, undead, and female blood elves (poor trolls lol).

Tamanon

Banned
colinp said:
Thanks for the quick response. That's pretty tragic- I really wanted to see the crazy windy streets of Ogrimmar and various sites etc., but I guess I can always just make a Horde character for exploration purposes. Thanks again!

Definitely love interacting with horde in Booty Bay and Ratchet though. One of my fondest WOW memories thus far is dancing with an undead warlock in the hills of the Charred Vale after trying unsuccessfully to speak to one another. Good times indeed :lol

Well, on the alliance side, once you get to Northrend, there's a quest that lets you wander around Orgrimmar unharassed. It's also the best way to get Fishing Diplomat!

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
Every time you complain about not having a blessing in raid chat the paladin cares less. At some point you won't get kings at all unless the raid leader stops the raid until you get your blessing. That's how much they'll hate you.

edit: In 3.1 I'm going to tell PuGs I didn't train kings when they demand it over what I'm already giving them even if it's already on someone else in the group.
Yeah, I know, how lame of us....expecting a class to give out it's signature class-specific, hyper-useful 30 min. non-duplicative buff instead of being fucking lazy....what were we thinking?

TomServo

firex said:
horde is the best side anyway. join up with the good guys and ditch the alliance with their lame king and millions of sweaty manchildren playing female night elves, draenei, dwarves, gnomes, and of course, humans. then you get to play with millions of neckbeards playing male orcs, tauren, undead, and female blood elves (poor trolls lol).

If the horde could trade tauren for gnomes, we'd be perfect.

Angry Grimace

TomServo said:
If the horde could trade tauren for gnomes, we'd be perfect.
Delete gnomes from the game.

Also in 3.1 a new toy will be available; a wind-up robot called the "Wind-up Train Smasher" that smashes Toy Train Sets :lol

I swear I am not making that up either.

VaLiancY

firex said:

Don't be dissin' trolls mon'. They're hated for their lack of shoes! Don't discriminate against the shoeless.:lol

If it ain't an Orc, It ain't right.

firex

VaLiancY said:
Don't be dissin' trolls mon'. They're hated for their lack of shoes! Don't discriminate against the shoeless.:lol

If it ain't an Orc, It ain't right.
That's more a complaint about people who don't play trolls. they're awesome and I think if I make a warrior alt, it's going to be a troll. although now that TG is getting nerfed, I don't know that I'll make a warrior alt.

keiichi

Angry Grimace said:
Yeah, I know, how lame of us....expecting a class to give out it's signature class-specific, hyper-useful 30 min. non-duplicative buff instead of being fucking lazy....what were we thinking?

I imagine if you're in a raid all Paladins have pallypower setup; so either 1. they aren't paying attention to the duration left or 2. you keep dying :p

border

firex said:
That's more a complaint about people who don't play trolls. they're awesome and I think if I make a warrior alt, it's going to be a troll.
At least on the Horde side, troll warriors are probably the most frequently mocked race/class combintation (I have one). I'm not entirely sure why - I guess the implication is that you are a tardnoob if you didn't go for the more class-appropriate racial abilities of tauren or undead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom