• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ToyMachine228 said:
Checked my email this morning and received a notice that my password had been changed. Tried to log in, and it was true. So I did a Password Recovery, logged in and...My two 80's were naked and all my gold and gear was gone. I put in a ticket and 20 minutes later my account was banned.

I'm sure Blizz will life the ban when they finish their investigation but will they give me back my gear? If I remember, they don't usually. Which blows incredibly hardcore because I was one of my guilds main tanks. Jesus this sucks.
Wrong. They normally DO give you your gear back. They do that because most sane people would quit playing if they didn't.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Blizz will refund the gear to you. I got hacked one time. Took three or four days to get it back but I got most of it back.

Angry Grimace said:
Wrong. They normally DO give you your gear back. They do that because most sane people would quit playing if they didn't.

Thank God. Because yeah, if I lost all my gear I probably would consider quitting. I'll probably have to gem and enchant it all again though right? Losing 6k gold that I legitimately earned and was using to run my guild with certainly blows though.

yacobod

Banned
well if your account is banned, it might be more difficult to recover

if your account was frozen, then it will be easy

good luck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
you should feel luck they didn't change your characters name, move his server and then delete him.

zam

yacobod said:
ya pretty much

dps just needs to throttle dps when the 3rd drake comes down to join the action, dont want to gib yourself due to twilight torment, once you kill the 2nd drake, the fight is basically in the bag as long as ppl dont do anything retarded
We just pop heroism on the 2nd drake and nuke him down as fast as possible, popping healthstones/potions.

The Twilight Torment debuff only procs and gives damage now and then when you deal damage, it doesnt deal damage to you every time you deal damage, so it' not a feedback loop.

But to each their own, if throttling dps works for you thats fine, nuking him down works for us :p

Scum

Quick question.
Would it be a good idea to socket a necklace or ring before auctioning it or should I just leave it as is?

Chris R

ToyMachine228 said:
Checked my email this morning and received a notice that my password had been changed. Tried to log in, and it was true. So I did a Password Recovery, logged in and...My two 80's were naked and all my gold and gear was gone. I put in a ticket and 20 minutes later my account was banned.

I'm sure Blizz will life the ban when they finish their investigation but will they give me back my gear? If I remember, they don't usually. Which blows incredibly hardcore because I was one of my guilds main tanks. Jesus this sucks.
6$ Authenticator would have saved you all this trouble. Sure its 6$, but I never have to worry about something like this happening :lol

Angry Grimace

rhfb said:
6$ Authenticator would have saved you all this trouble. Sure its 6$, but I never have to worry about something like this happening :lol
My issue with the Authenticator isn't that it's 6 bucks, but that it's annoying to have to deal with.

Scum said:
Quick question.
Would it be a good idea to socket a necklace or ring before auctioning it or should I just leave it as is?

It would be a bad choice. It absolutely won't sell for more than it costs to socket.

Angry Grimace

Scum said:
I thought as much. :lol
Cheers.
The reason behind it is because there's no means of telling when an enchanted/socketed item is for sale; they'd just notice the price was high and get annoyed.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Have they made an official statement about the entry level tier 8 pieces yet? Will you be able to buy 2 low level tier 8 pieces with Valors?

It would make sense for them to scale T8 like they did T7. However I heard rumor that there will not be a T8.5? Which seems unlikely...

Angry Grimace

vumpler said:
Have they made an official statement about the entry level tier 8 pieces yet? Will you be able to buy 2 low level tier 8 pieces with Valors?

It would make sense for them to scale T8 like they did T7. However I heard rumor that there will not be a T8.5? Which seems unlikely...
They have no clue yet. The PTR is a joke at the moment really. :lol

We're talking 2+months before that thing is ready to go.

rhfb said:

A lot of my friends just decided to tell me that MMO-Champion is responsible for a lot of key-loggers. And I go there like 5 times a day. I'm sure that's what it was as I don't really go to any other WoW sites, and haven't shared my info with anyone. Might consider the Authenticator once everything is in place. Still waiting to see how Blizz handles it though.

Xabora

ToyMachine228 said:
A lot of my friends just decided to tell me that MMO-Champion is responsible for a lot of key-loggers. And I go there like 5 times a day. I'm sure that's what it was as I don't really go to any other WoW sites, and haven't shared my info with anyone. Might consider the Authenticator once everything is in place. Still waiting to see how Blizz handles it though.
ADBLOCK any WoW Site.

ToyMachine228 said:

actually i think mmo champion is legit, there is some other keylogger site with a spoofed name like mm0 or something that is a viri site. I could be wrong though

vilmer_

Hey guys, just a quick observation here. Is there any particular reason why I'm suddenly being like one-shotted by the mobs in heroic Culling of Strath? I ran the place for the first time twice last night, and didn't have one problem tanking it. In fact I could almost call it "easy". I join a group today for another run, and suddenly I'm dying almost instantly from the groups with the sorcerer, undead, and the big phatty guy. 23k health and 23k armor unbuffed I thought was enough? Could it be the healer wasn't adequate or something? I felt like I suddenly had on all cloth armor :/ I have never even been one-shotted by a freaking boss before, let alone a trash mob! Maybe just a bad group?

vilmer_

firex said:
stupid question I guess, but... your defense? or other crit immunity, if you're a feral druid.

Defense is 549 at the moment, is that too low do you think? I'm spec'd as a protection paladin as well. If I remember correctly, I had a priest as a healer for the runs last night, and today it was a Shaman, for what it's worth.

Angry Grimace

vilmer_ said:
Defense is 549 at the moment, is that too low do you think? I'm spec'd as a protection paladin as well. If I remember correctly, I had a priest as a healer for the runs last night, and today it was a Shaman, for what it's worth.
My guess is that you're confusing Defense Rating with Defense Skill

Swag

So I just dinged my first 80 today, this is my first max level character (Started playing a bit after WoTLK came out then took a break). So I don't really know what it is people do at 80 save for doing Heroics and Raiding and arena lol, can anyone enlighten me as to what I have to do before I can start doing Raids or even before I can start doing heroics. I'm a Holy Paladin btw.

firex

Just get good level 78+ blue items for each slot and you can do heroics. You might not even need level 78+, but I'm saying that level because it's an acceptable gear level for heroics.

edit:
vilmer_ said:
Yep it's 549 Defense Rating, I'm not sure on how to calculate the skill though. Here's a link to the armory - Armory
You have plenty of defense skill, so I don't know. 535 is the most you need for heroics, so if you're getting killed then I really have no idea what it is.

vilmer_

firex said:
You have plenty of defense skill, so I don't know. 535 is the most you need for heroics, so if you're getting killed then I really have no idea what it is.

Damn :( Yeah, today was really the first time I've actually been killed in one fell swoop, by a basic mob nonetheless.. Something really didn't feel right :lol I know I didn't change a thing in my "tanking" game plan that I've been doing for a while now, so I can really only pin it down to maybe inadequate healing?

Angry Grimace

Sebulon3k said:
So I just dinged my first 80 today, this is my first max level character (Started playing a bit after WoTLK came out then took a break). So I don't really know what it is people do at 80 save for doing Heroics and Raiding and arena lol, can anyone enlighten me as to what I have to do before I can start doing Raids or even before I can start doing heroics. I'm a Holy Paladin btw.
If you have competitive (or even acceptable) DPS, you can run Heroics. If you can't break 1000, expect to hear people bitching you out. As long as your skill rotation is good, you can get away with shitty gear in heroics. It doesn't start to become a restricting factor until Malygos, really.

Edit: I'm a dumbass who somehow managed to completely skip the operative sentence about spec

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Angry Grimace said:
If you have competitive (or even acceptable) DPS, you can run Heroics. If you can't break 1000, expect to hear people bitching you out. As long as your skill rotation is good, you can get away with shitty gear in heroics. It doesn't start to become a restricting factor until Malygos, really.

He is a Holy Paladin, so i doubt he is gonna do DPS, because we all know how awesome they are on the DPS charts!

vumpler

Bisnic said:
He is a Holy Paladin, so i doubt he is gonna do DPS, because we all know how awesome they are on the DPS charts!
Ret pallys? They do excellent dps just like every other dps class when they are equally geared and know how to play.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
vumpler said:
Ret pallys? They do excellent dps just like every other dps class when they are equally geared and know how to play.

Where did i mention Ret paladin? The guy is Holy.

VaLiancY

winnarps said:

Argh. Stop fucking Blood up, Blizzard. I'm waiting to see how this turns out when this goes Live so let me not over react. I'll be damned if I'm going Unholy though.

Animal Handler now increases the duration of your Master's Call effect by 3/10 sec. (Old - Reduced cooldown by 5/10 sec)

That's hella OP. :lol

Xabora

* Ghoul Frenzy cooldown has been removed. - WOO!

* Blood-Caked Blade proc limitation has been removed. (Old - This effect cannot occur more often than once every 3 sec.)
* Necrosis now affects all your auto attacks. (Old - Only Main-Hand)
These two, HOLY SHIT!!! This is a massive DW BUFF!

firex

that new warrior skill is the weirdest skill I've ever seen in WoW. and lol @ nerfing the shaman root in deep enhance. there goes the main reason I wanted to try it. I guess I'll just stick with elemental.

although honestly enhance is so OP at soloing now that I should probably spec back just for grinding. I can solo elites easy as enhance as long as my wolves are off cooldown.

Retro

Maybe somebody can clear this up for me...

Protection Paladin:
Divine Sacrifice *New Talent*
(Tier 3) - 30% of all damage taken by party or raid members within 30 yards is redirected to the Paladin (up to a maximum of 150% of the Paladin's health). Instant, 2 min cooldown.

and then immediately below it is;

Divine Guardian

While Divine Shield is active 30% of all damage taken by party or raid members within 30 yards is redirected to the Paladin.

.... is Blizzard just really unimaginative here? Seems like both abilities are very similar, maybe they are planning on removing Divine Guardian in much the same way they are obviously going to remove Aura Mastery (since all auras are now 40 yards)?

Also...
Warrior (Arms)
Shattering Throw *New Skill* - Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [ 50% of AP + 12 ] damage (based on attack power), reducing the armor on the target by 20% for 10 sec, and removing any invulnerabilities. 25 Rage, 30 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 5 min cooldown

... Buh? Ninja-nerf Paladins much? I really wish Blizz would just kill the bubble and give Paladins useful tools.

vumpler

Bisnic said:
Where did i mention Ret paladin? The guy is Holy.
I went ahead and assumed you meant ret because I couldn't fathom the funny in discussing a holy pally dps.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
* Ghoul Frenzy cooldown has been removed. - WOO!

* Blood-Caked Blade proc limitation has been removed. (Old - This effect cannot occur more often than once every 3 sec.)
* Necrosis now affects all your auto attacks. (Old - Only Main-Hand)
These two, HOLY SHIT!!! This is a massive DW BUFF!
It's a buff from completely unusable, I guess.

But DW still sounds cruddy compared to the way it is on live now, as well as 2Hing given that you still can't access HB without going all the way down to 51 pts, Rune of FC is now at 15% strength buff and HB is pretty significantly nerfed anyways. Unless I'm missing something, a 51pt Frost build will be superior with a 2H anyways because the damage from Frost Strike will eclipse both Necrosis and BCB.

People use ghoul frenzy?

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
Angry Grimace = L2Read

I somehow managed to miss the "Holy Paladin" line even though I read through it to see if he mentioned spec lmao - that, or Blizzard's bringin' back the shockadin!

Holy Paladin is among the easiest to play heal classes. It's excellent for Heroics in that there's not a lot of "smart" or group healing needed. There is a shit-ton of pre-raid stuff that can be bought from factions and/or AH'd/crafted. There's no way you can truly be "undergeared" for a Heroic unless you're tanking or not trying.

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
Argh. Stop fucking Blood up, Blizzard. I'm waiting to see how this turns out when this goes Live so let me not over react. I'll be damned if I'm going Unholy though.

That's hella OP. :lol
Frost is just too fun for me to quit regardless of how much they nerf it.

Frost

* Howling Blast damage has been doubled (from 259-281 to 518-562 for max rank), cooldown changed from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
* Frost Presence now reduces spell damage taken by 10%. (Down from 15%)
* Guile of Gorefiend now increases damage done by your Blood Strike, Frost Strike, Howling Blast and Obliterate abilities by 5/10/15%. (Old - Critical damage only, 15/30/45%)
* Lichborne doesn't increase the chance of your enemies to miss you anymore.

The change to GoG is a nerf, although in the end it's not huge. These changes might make DW viable again, but it's hard to say without serious testing.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
It's a buff from completely unusable, I guess.

But DW still sounds cruddy compared to the way it is on live now, as well as 2Hing given that you still can't access HB without going all the way down to 51 pts, Rune of FC is now at 15% strength buff and HB is pretty significantly nerfed anyways. Unless I'm missing something, a 51pt Frost build will be superior with a 2H anyways because the damage from Frost Strike will eclipse both Necrosis and BCB.

People use ghoul frenzy?
Yeah I know. :p
Eitherway their better in the current state than they were before.

However I'm still getting as much info on the new DW stuff as I can.

Epix

Blue said:
One of the changes we are trying to do with Ret is to get them into the other trees a little more. This is definitely one of those specs where players would go 0/0/71 if we let them. I would not assume that trees with few talents are unfinished. The Prot warrior lost a lot of talents in LK, but it was a good change for them. Overall, our trees are probably too thick for lots of classes which makes it hard to spend many points in a second tree.

We do want to bring Ret's damage up a little, and we would like to get more talents in the other trees that they actually want to take.
:D :D

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Yeah I know. :p
Eitherway their better in the current state than they were before.

However I'm still getting as much info on the new DW stuff as I can.
The buff to HB's damage makes DW more viable as well, but the problem is that you can't take both HB and Night of the Dead, and I personally find those ghouls to be useless without NotD because they die very fast, not to mention the issue of taking Frost Strike. Perhaps if DW doubles the proc rate of KM. I don't think it does though...

I'm eagerly awaiting holy talents that are worth taking. At no point have I ever put more in holy than the number required to get the 41/51 point talent.

edit: Fuck, read that wrong. Stupid Ret paladins.

JoeFu

Banned
Guild run in Naxx tonight, first time it's a full 10 man run (we're small) and we just died to KT for the first time. This is the furthest we have ever gotten, we 1 shot Saph though, it was pretty sweet.

Lain

Are the nerfs to Infusion of Light and Sacred Shield coming because of Arena?
They make little sense to me otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom