• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

dave is ok said:
You have no clue what you're talking about

Fear was abusable before the million of counters were implemented. But for the first years of WoW, two things were true.

1. Shaman were gods at PvP
2. Warlocks were a joke of a class, owned by almost anything.

I've been playing for years, don't try your revisionist history on me.

This is the way I remember it also. I dont remember warlocks being the bee's knees until that major patch hit just before the holiday season when TBC was coming. When they redid the DoT coefficients and everyone was in AV getting a full set of HWL gear through honor. Now THAT was a time warlocks were ridiculous. Putting all their points into affliction for UA. Jesus Christ.

But before that they weren't a problem, but shaman were crazy. Horde only, travel speed FROSTSHOOOOCK with no DR, totems, purge etc. The class was a beast in the early days of WSG.

Chris R

I do miss the epic AVs that occurred right before TBC dropped. Best pvp in the game right there other than early after launch world pvp between XR and Ashenvale/TM&SS when the highest level players there were in their late 30s :lol

Cipherr

Weenerz said:
Enhancement shaman were gods of pvp in pre-tbc. If they got lucky with WF procs, they could 1 shot most classes.

I still remember speccing elemental and getting the mail chest piece that procced invulnerability then bolting people to death from behind it. Jesus that was really night and day compared to the way things are now. I think I permanently benched my shaman after they fixed that chest piece haha. I only played him for amusement.

i think wow was most fun when it was new and I was leveling the first time, I never got into raiding. its kinda sad when I whip out my panda cub and some dude in tier 9 (or whatever they call it) is liek ZOMG where is taht from!? i can has!~? my first char i hit 60 with the guild imploded so I never even got mc attuned (this was pre bc) then I rerolled for bc and by the time I hit 70 that guild imploded, so now im 73 currently and I waited in line at midnight on launch:lol. Ive went back to playing single player rpgs where worlds actually change, and quests arnt half heartidly disguised random grind generators and I don't have to deal with idiots. I just felt that once you see all of a dungeon you shouldn't have to do it again.... :lol worthy i know huh?

VaLiancY

New PTR build patch notes are up. I always have faith in Blizzard but I don't think they know what to do with Trap Mastery talent, I think that's why they kicked it down a few tiers because they can't find a way to make it significant to a Survival hunter...or any other spec'd Hunter.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Weenerz said:
Enhancement shaman were gods of pvp in pre-tbc. If they got lucky with WF procs, they could 1 shot most classes.
Those were the days. Equip a Shaman with Sulfuras and everything would be decimated in WSG :lol The allure of 2H'er Enh Shaman is still in some people's eyes and then they get raped when they try to channel the storm.

Whilst it'd be fun to jump back into those shoes once again for shits and giggles, I much prefer the current layout where you actually need skill to be decent in Shaman PVP. Arena will always be shit, but it was good times when everyone was hitting lvl 80 and crying over Death Knights and Ret Paladins absolutely drilling shit all over the place, yet I'd go toe-to-toe with them in a very strange Resto talent spec and usually come out on top.

Hero

zam said:
Latest moneymaking scheme: Stock up on/farm assloads of Icy Dragonscales. When 3.1 hits they ae gonna skyocket in price since you need 40 of them to make the new epic leatherworking belts and boots, which are all ilvl 226 and better stats than the curent best in slot belts or boots. Havent decided if I'm gonna make tons of them (since they are BoE) and sell or just sell the Icy Dragonscales.

I hope you're right and Blizzard doesn't change it to something else for the recipe. I just spent 200 buying out the AH on my server.

Trasher

Puncture said:
I still remember speccing elemental and getting the mail chest piece that procced invulnerability then bolting people to death from behind it. Jesus that was really night and day compared to the way things are now. I think I permanently benched my shaman after they fixed that chest piece haha. I only played him for amusement.
I was one of a few shaman that had the Invulnerable Mail chest on my server, and god was that thing fun/rigged. I remember taking on two rogues at once and not having an issue fighting them. I was specced resto too. :lol You could seriously take on multiple people. I remember one match of WSG where I ran up the middle and was fighting some alliance down at the bottom of their tunnel entrance. I ended up getting four alliance to engage me there, and I was actually able to hold them all off until my team ran in, grabbed the flag, and then as they brought the flag out the tunnel they just steamrolled the four alliance I was holding there. I also had the mod that's sole purpose was to say "GODLIKE!" every time my Invulnerable Mail procced. :lol

notsol337

marked forever
I'm about done with this game again, I'm so bored with it! I leveled a rogue to 55, got bored, and now I just got a hunter to 40.

Sigh.

Proc

notsol337 said:
I'm about done with this game again, I'm so bored with it! I leveled a rogue to 55, got bored, and now I just got a hunter to 40.

Sigh.

It's a shame because 70-80 is incredible, as is the brief time spent gearing up at 80. I just uninstalled it today, will probably install again after I'm done exam month.

colinp

Banned
If you cancel your subscription and then re-subscribe a few months down the line is your character lost forever? Do you have to start over at square one...?

Kyoufu

zam said:
Thinking of leveling a hunter alt, jsut cant decide if it's gonna be a dwarf or night elf. Any suggestions?

If you go dwarf, you're stuck with a gun. Do you want to be stuck with a gun?

I'm more of a bow man personally.

Tamanon

Banned
zam said:
Thinking of leveling a hunter alt, jsut cant decide if it's gonna be a dwarf or night elf. Any suggestions?

Or you can go Draenei if you've got BC! Dwarves look kinda goofy, but have better racials.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dwarf racials arent that good unless you use a gun. Treasure finding is useless in Northrend, small frost resistance is meh, and Stoneform is getting nerfed next patch.

At least with draeneis you give +1% hit to you and your party and you can heal yourself or others. And their females are sexy. :D

TomServo

Weenerz said:

The one PvP kill that I remember pre-BC was in my pre-resto days... run up to pally, earth shock crit followed by triple crit windfury, bubble, earth shock crit followed by triple crit windfury, dead.

zam

Tamanon said:
Or you can go Draenei if you've got BC! Dwarves look kinda goofy, but have better racials.
Already have a Draenei DK, Paladin and Shaman, was looking to go with a different race. Dont really care about the racials, just what looks cooler :p Also my main is a nelf rogue and was thinking of getting a nelf druid some day, so might go with dwarf hunter just to shake things up..

(And yes I play on a PvP server, otherwise I would have a couple horde characters)

yacobod

Banned
Kyoufu said:
If you go dwarf, you're stuck with a gun. Do you want to be stuck with a gun?

I'm more of a bow man personally.

considering 2 of the best ranged wpns in the game atm are guns, it wouldnt be a bad idea

border

When did Warlocks make such a big comeback in PVP? And what happened to warriors?

tournamentus.jpg

Bisnic

yacobod said:
considering 2 of the best ranged wpns in the game atm are guns, it wouldnt be a bad idea

Considering how long it will take him to even get a chance at those 2 guns, i don't think it matters much. And who knows what kind of ranged weapon will drop in Ulduar. :p

I'm starting to get my priest geared up so I can start running heroics and wondering if the Wisp Cloak is worth it? It would run about 600g, which doesn't seem bad compared to the thousands I spent gearing up my warrior in Titansteel stuff. Also is there any other good, user created gear I should pick up? Thanks.

border said:
When did Warlocks make such a big comeback in PVP? And what happened to warriors?

tournamentus.jpg

they're a good counter to Holy Pallies, which dominate the brackets with DK partners. The graph is only indicative of terribly balanced arena pvp.

Chris R

ZombieSupaStar said:
Ive went back to playing single player rpgs where worlds actually change, and quests arnt half heartidly disguised random grind generators and I don't have to deal with idiots. I just felt that once you see all of a dungeon you shouldn't have to do it again.... :lol worthy i know huh?
Just you wait... Starting with Dragonsblight and going on from there, the quests really do pick up, and the dungeons do tie in perfectly with quests and also with the world surrounding them. Just wait until you experience the Wrathsgate event :D (should be in a level or so, its in Dragonsblight)

Flesh Into Gear said:
they're a good counter to Holy Pallies, which dominate the brackets with DK partners. The graph is only indicative of terribly balanced arena pvp.
It shows how terrible arena is imo. Though I guess I could see how certain people love the tedium of being blow apart in 2 seconds every other minuet.

Tamanon

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I'm starting to get my priest geared up so I can start running heroics and wondering if the Wisp Cloak is worth it? It would run about 600g, which doesn't seem bad compared to the thousands I spent gearing up my warrior in Titansteel stuff. Also is there any other good, user created gear I should pick up? Thanks.

The two moonweave pieces are great for priests. Also if you don't want to use the Wisp Cloak, you can squeak by with the Honored Kirin Tor cloak. No mp/5 on it, but it's still good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boy, I dunno. I still think a 10 sec. cooldown on Howling Blast is a little too crippling. Just leave it how it is since it's such a big talent. Then again, it's really just an e-peen talent for most of my use. When running trash, I usually just end up Icy Touch --> Plague Strike --> Pestilence --> (Wait for Killing Machine proc :lol) --> Howling Blast, and then my epeen gets enormous from getting a 25,000 total damage crit. It's actually probably a bad habit since I pretty much abandon my rotation on trash hoping to satiate my inner fire for huge HB crits. :lol

seems like last year would have been the complete opposite graph

gotta laugh when i see all the druids crying about overpowered classes after tbc, heh

but yeah, pvp is a pretty awful joke

Angry Grimace said:
Boy, I dunno. I still think a 10 sec. cooldown on Howling Blast is a little too crippling. Just leave it how it is since it's such a big talent. Then again, it's really just an e-peen talent for most of my use. When running trash, I usually just end up Icy Touch --> Plague Strike --> Pestilence --> (Wait for Killing Machine proc :lol) --> Howling Blast, and then my epeen gets enormous from getting a 25,000 total damage crit. It's actually probably a bad habit since I pretty much abandon my rotation on trash hoping to satiate my inner fire for huge HB crits. :lol

well they claimed trash was going to be less aoe zergfest now? so it might not matter as much now if we have to cc stuff and pay attention:(

i don't think it matters too much though, kinda makes it even better in a tanking sense now since i don't have to waste time IT/pesting for extra dmg before HB - it's pretty much insane in its current form for aoe tanking, makes it almost too easy :( i'll just be using it till pull now :D

1up

Ah pre-bc shaman. I remember being in the 21-30 bracket for WSG with my ench shaman with corpsemaker. Good times.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fulleffect said:
well they claimed trash was going to be less aoe zergfest now? so it might not matter as much now if we have to cc stuff and pay attention:(

i don't think it matters too much though, kinda makes it even better in a tanking sense now since i don't have to waste time IT/pesting for extra dmg before HB - it's pretty much insane in its current form for aoe tanking, makes it almost too easy :( i'll just be using it till pull now :D
In the end, Trash DPS isn't all that useful of a measure, it's true.

I guess I'm just kind of sad that Blizzard seems very intent on locking in each tree to a very specific rotation. For Death Knights this means: Blood does Heart Strike/Death Coil, Frost does FS/OB, and Unholy does SS/DC. What I liked about Frost was that you could reactively choose what to do; if the boss moves a lot, you can hit 6 Icy Touches if you really want, but they are nerfing Icy Touch's sigil. I guess I just don't know what was wrong with that, especially since 6xIT was less DPS than actually using Obliterate. Same with HB; it's not a DPS increase over Obliterate, so why would it really need to be nerfed like that?

It seems to me they might as well just be as lazy as they are about nerfing Warriors; "You now do 10% less damage, bitches."

Chris R

Epix said:
Can someone please post the latest PTR patch notes?
MMO Champion has them all.

I like how they try to add value to mages via spirit :lol FFB mages don't stack spirit (I get ~1% extra crit) Still going to be forced to spec arcane in 3.1 it seems as a 4% drop in crit is quite a bit of damage depending on the RNG.

VaLiancY

rhfb said:
MMO Champion has them all.

The site is blocked from his work place.

Death Knight (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Blood

* Rune Tap now costs 1 Blood Rune.

Frost

* Icy Touch has been changed, Frost Fever now also deals periodic damage.
* Tundra Stalker now makes your spells and abilities deal 3/6/9/12/15% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) more damage to targets infected with Frost Fever. Also increases your expertise by 1/2/3/4/5.
* Black Ice now increases Frost and Shadow damage by 2/4/6/8/10%. (Old - Frost Damage only, 4/8/12/16/20%)
* Improved Icy Touch now gives your Icy Touch 5/10/15% additional damage. (Down from 10/20/30%)

Unholy

* Death Strike now heals the Death Knight for an amount based on the damage done and the number of his or her diseases on the target.
* Scourge Strike (Rank 5) now deals 45% of weapon damage (down from 55%) as shadow damage plus 357.19 (down from 436.56), total damage increased by 11% (up from 9%). Lower ranks have been modified as well.
* Summon Gargoyle now persists for 10 sec plus 1 sec per 3 runic power up to 1 min. (Old - 10 sec plus 1 sec per 8 runic power up to 30 sec.)
* Anti-Magic Zone now costs 1 Unholy rune.
* Reaping no longer affects Blood Boil and affects Pestilence instead.
* Impurity now increases the attack power bonus of your spells by 4/6/8/12/16/20%. (Down from 5/10/15/20/25%)

Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Balance

* Innervate mana cost has been removed.

Feral

* Challenging Roar now affects all enemies within 10 yards.
* Savage Defense now only works in Bear Form or Dire Bear Form
* Dire Bear Form tooltip has been changed to reflect that it now only increases armor from cloth and leather items.
* Bear Form tooltip has been changed to reflect that it now only increases armor from cloth and leather items.

Restoration

* Revitalize now gives your Your Rejuvenation and Wild Growth spells have a chance to restore 8 Energy, 4 Rage, 1% Mana or 16 Runic Power per tick. (Old - 5/10/15% chance, 5/10/15% mana)
* Tree of Life - You can now cast Nature's Grasp and Thorns spells in this form.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Beast Mastery

* Aspect of the Viper now requires a ranged weapon.

Survival

* Trap Mastery now increases the duration of Frost Trap and Freezing Trap by 10% (Down from 20%), the periodic damage done by Immolatrion Trap, Explosive Trap, and Black Arrow by 10/20/30%, and increases the number of snakes summoned by Snake Trap by 30/60/90.

Pet

* Stamped (Rhino) no longer knockbacks the target but causes it to take 25% additional damage from bleed effects for 1 min instead.
* Spore Cloud range was increased from 5 to 6 yards.

Mage (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Fire

* Molten Armor now causes 170 Fire damage when hit for all ranks (Up from 75/130/170) and also increases your critical strike rating by 25% of your spirit.
* Improved Scorch now increases spell critical strike chance against the target by 1%.

Frost

* Winter's Chill now increases the chance spells will critically hit the target by 1%. (Down from 2%)

Paladin (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Protection

* Spiritual Attunement has been removed from trainers and is now available in the Protection tree (Tier 7)

Retribution

* Swift Retribution now affects all auras.

Priest (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Holy

* Hymn of Hope - You recite a Holy hymn, restoring hope to those in despair. Restores 3% mana to 3 nearby low mana friendly party or raid targets every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases their total maximum mana by 20% for 8 sec. Maximum of 12 mana restores. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. 40 yd range, Channeled, 6 min cooldown
* Divine Hymn - You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest health friendly party or raid targets for 1 to 6 every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 sec. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. 35% of base mana, 40 yd range, Channeled, 6 min cooldown
* Body and Soul now increases the target's movement speed by 30% (down from 60%). (Not a change, clarified by Ghostcrawler)

Shadow

* Shadowfiend doesn't have a reduced chance to be hit by spells and melee attacks anymore But they gained a healthy hp boost for PvP and the standard pet avoidance for AE damage in PvE. (Source)
* Misery now increases the benefit from spell power gained by your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by 5/10/15%.

Rogue (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Combat

* Feint tooltip has been changed to "reduces the damage you take from area of effect attacks by 50% for 6 sec." (Didn't have the duration before)

Assassination

* Master Poisoner now also increases the bonus chance to apply Deadly Poison when Envenom is used by an additional 15/34/50%.

Shaman (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Elemental

* Stoneclaw Totem has been changed to display the amount of damage absorbed. (990 damage for Rank 9)
* Elemental Mastery now gives your Fire, Frost, and Nature damage spells a 15% (down from 20%) increased critical strike chance for 15 sec.

Enhancement

* Shamanistic Rage is now usable while stunned.
* Unleashed Rage range has been increased from 20 to 45 yards.

Restoration

* Restorative Totem has been changed from 5 to 3 ranks and now increases the effect of your Mana Spring Totem by 7/12/20%, and increases the amount healed by your Healing Stream Totem by 15/30/45%

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Demonology

* Decimation now reduces the cast time of your next Soulfire by 35%. (Up from 30%)

Warrior (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Arms

* Unrelenting Assault now Reduces the cooldown of your Overpower and Revenge abilities by 2 secs and increases the damage done by both abilities by 10/20%. In addition, if you strike a player with Overpower while they are casting, their magical damage and healing will be reduced by 25/50 for 6 sec.
* Weapon Mastery has been moved from Fury (Tier 5) to Arms (Tier 6)
* Juggernaut *New Talent* (Tier 8 ) - Your Charge ability is now usable while in combat.
* Improved Intercept was moved from Arms (Tier 6) to Fury (Tier 5)

Fury

* Titan's Grip wording has been changed: While you have a two-handed weapon equipped in one hand, your physical damage done is reduced by 10%.
* Weapon Mastery has been moved from Fury (Tier 5) to Arms (Tier 6)

VaLiancY

Tier 8 Set Bonus

Death Knight

* Death Knight T8 Melee 2P Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of Death Coil and Frost Strike by 5%.
* Death Knight T8 Melee 4P Bonus -- Increases the bonus damage done per disease by 20% on Blood Strike, Heart Strike, Obliterate, and Scourge Strike.
* Death Knight T8 Tank 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by Rune Strike by 10%.
* Death Knight T8 Tank 4P Bonus -- Anti-magic shell also grants you 10% reduction to physical damage taken.

Druid

* Druid T8 Balance 2P Bonus -- Increases the bonus granted by Eclipse for Starfire and Wrath by 6%.
* Druid T8 Balance 4P Bonus -- Each time your Insect Swarm deals damage, it has a chance to make your next Starfire cast within 10 sec instant.
* Druid T8 Feral 2P Bonus -- The periodic damage dealt by your Rake, Rip, and Lacerate abilites has a chance to cause you to enter a Clearcasting state.
* Druid T8 Feral 4P Bonus -- Increases the duration of Savage Roar and Survival Instinct by 8 sec.
* Druid T8 Restoration 2P Bonus -- Increases the healing done by your Swiftmend spell by 10%.
* Druid T8 Restoration 4P Bonus -- Your Rejuvenation spell also instantly heals your target for its periodic healing amount.

Hunter

* Hunter T8 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by your Serpent Sting by 10%.
* Hunter T8 4P Bonus -- Your Steady Shot has a chance to grant you 600 attack power for 15 sec.

Mage

* Mage T8 2P Bonus -- Your Arcane Blast, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, and Fireball spells have a chance to grant you 350 spell power for 15 sec.
* Mage T8 4P Bonus -- You have a chance for the effect of your Missile Barrage, Hot Streak, or Brain Freeze talent not to be consumed when you cast the spells which benefit.

Paladin

* Paladin T8 Retribution 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by your Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath abilities by 10%.
* Paladin T8 Retribution 4P Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Divine Storm and Crusader Strike abilities by 10%.
* Paladin T8 Protection 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by your Seals by 10%.
* Paladin T8 Protection 4P Bonus -- Shield of Righteousness now increases your shield block value by 225 for 3 sec.
* Paladin T8 Holy 2P Bonus -- Your Holy Shock critical heals now also place a periodic healing effect on the target, healing for 15% of the Holy Shock's heal amount over 9 sec.
* Paladin T8 Holy 4P Bonus -- Increases the damage absorbed by your Sacred Shield by 10%.

Priest

* Priest T8 Shadow 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by your Devouring Plague by 15%.
* Priest T8 Shadow 4P Bonus -- Your Mind Blast also grants you 15 haste rating for until cancelled.
* Priest T8 Healer 2P Bonus -- Increases the critical heal chance of your Prayer of Healing by 10%.
* Priest T8 Healer 4P Bonus -- Casting Power Word: Shield also grants you 15 spell power for until cancelled.

Rogue

* Rogue T8 2P Bonus -- Your Deadly Poison causes you to gain 1 energy each time it deals damage.
* Rogue T8 4P Bonus -- The damage dealt by your Rupture can now be critical strikes.

Shaman

* Shaman T8 Enhancement 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by Lava Lash and Stormstrike by 20%. (0 yd, cast: 0 seconds, val1: 20)
* Shaman T8 Enhancement 4P Bonus -- Increases the frequency of Maelstrom Weapon being triggered by your melee weapon attacks by 20%.
* Shaman T8 Restoration 2P Bonus -- Reduces the cooldown on Riptide by 1 sec.
* Shaman T8 Restoration 4P Bonus -- Reduces the cast time of Chain Heal by 0.2 sec.
* Shaman T8 Elemental 2P Bonus -- The periodic damage dealt by your Flame Shock can now be critical strikes.
* Shaman T8 Elemental 4P Bonus -- Your critical Strikes from Lightning Bolt cause the target to take nature damage equal to 8% of the Lightning Bolt's damage over until cancelled sec.

Warlock

* Warlock T8 2P Bonus -- Increases the damage done by your Unstable Affliction and Immolate spells by 20%.
* Warlock T8 4P Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Shadow Bolt and Incinerate spells by 5%.

Warrior

* Warrior T8 Protection 2P Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Devastate ability by 10%.
* Warrior T8 Protection 4P Bonus -- Shield Block also grants you 20% reduction to magical damage taken.
* Warrior T8 Melee 2P Bonus -- Heroic Strike and Slam critical strikes have a chance to grant you 150% haste rating for 5 sec.
* Warrior T8 Melee 4P Bonus -- Increases the critical strike chance of Mortal Strike and Bloodthirst by 10%.

Bisnic

I like how frost mages and those that use molten armor just lost a good amount of crit..

I hate nerfs. :(

Epix

VaLiancY said:
The site is blocked from his work place.
Thank you sir.

When are they going to do something with the Ret tree? They've removed 11 pts worth of talents and haven't introduced anything new.

Lain said:
Holy paladin T8 set bonus is totally unappealing to me. And this time 3 pieces have MP5! So much hate.

The bonuses truly are terrible. 2 piece is a useless HoT and you only get it if you crit with a spell that has a 6 second cooldown. *thumbs up* And Sacred Shield is a 10% bump to a spell that is now single target only with a proc that can't be timed and won't really be noticeable on a hard hitting boss. Both T7 bonuses are awesome (the HS one less so with the IoL change) so this and the Holy Paladin itemization in Ulduar in general is more than disappointing. Nerf us if you have to but don't just fuck us with itemization.

TomServo

Warlock 2pT8 is nice, especially if it rolls up into conflag (which is already critting for 20K on PTR, LOL).

Warlock 4pT8 is a bigger deal for 10-man progression. In 25mans my effective crit is already near 50%, so a straight 5% boost is a bigger deal for those in 10mans with fewer raid buffs.

Scum

TomServo, you don't play as a Warlock by any chance, do you? Got any pointers for a fellow member of the class?? :p

Angry Grimace

I just wonder in the end what the point of changing and tinkering all these things are when the end goal is really, "increase/decrease overall DPS of a specific spec by X%" Why not simply lower the damage output of an ability, i.e. Howling Blast gains no bonus damage on targets that aren't the main target or something. Why alter each and every talent like that? I almost think they do it just to give the Theorycrafting Poopsockers something to do in between patches :lol

Ugh, just go ahead and add different trees and/or effects for talents for PvP-only and you'll solve 70% of your balancing issues, Blizzard.

TomServo

Scum said:
TomServo, you don't play as a Warlock by any chance, do you? Got any pointers for a fellow member of the class?? :p

Yes, I play a warlock as my main.

What kind of help do you need? I don't PvP outside of Wintergrasp, but I've raided with just about every PvE spec excluding deep Demonology.

Epix

Angry Grimace said:
I just wonder in the end what the point of changing and tinkering all these things are when the end goal is really, "increase/decrease overall DPS of a specific spec by X%" Why not simply lower the damage output of an ability, i.e. Howling Blast gains no bonus damage on targets that aren't the main target or something. Why alter each and every talent like that? I almost think they do it just to give the Theorycrafting Poopsockers something to do in between patches :lol

Ugh, just go ahead and add different trees and/or effects for talents for PvP-only and you'll solve 70% of your balancing issues, Blizzard.
I think they're trying to keep people excited. Would you still be excited in the game if you had all the exact same abilities and talents as you did when WoW first launched with just different coefficients?

Chris R

Bisnic said:
I like how frost mages and those that use molten armor just lost a good amount of crit..

I hate nerfs. :(
Tell me about it. I can understand that the nerf was done to make bringing warlocks an option, but still imp scorch should somehow still make the mages OWN crit against say non player mobs(had some idiot tell me 10% spell crit on players was why it was nerfed, if you let a mage stack 5 scorch on you, and that mage is a fire mage, you suck) like 8% or something, that added with the spirit changes (that doesn't affect anyone other than fire mages, who are extinct come 3.1) would balance out the raid wide changes. Not to mention that the warlock 5% crit option comes at T1 talent and can be applied using an actual dps spell versus a T4 talent that requires casting an off rotation spell... Whatever :lol going to spec arcane the week before 3.1 drops and start regearing for haste instead of crit.

Epix said:
I think they're trying to keep people excited. Would you still be excited in the game if you had all the exact same abilities and talents as you did when WoW first launched with just different coefficients?

What they're doing is chaotic, not exciting. The question is now how am I going to get nerfed next week and how will I have to change how I spec/gear?

Blizzard is almost making me feel bad for Death Knights.

Scum

TomServo said:
Yes, I play a warlock as my main.

What kind of help do you need? I don't PvP outside of Wintergrasp, but I've raided with just about every PvE spec excluding deep Demonology.
I'm a n00b and I've been using the fancy 41/30 build everyone goes on about for too long, but I'm just interested in variety and a bit of fun. I've only done a few dungeons and enjoy Wintergrasp too. I just spend my time questing, doing the many quests I passed on. :lol

I want to try Affliction again. It's what I started out on, plus I want to abandon my over reliance on the Felguard for a while. So, any pointers for Affliction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom