• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
keiichi said:
What was your raid composition like?
All buffs were present sadly enough.

keeblerdrow said:
Nice fake boast. Go home.
Fake boast? You must not post very often, I am the last person to fake boast. If I was happy about it I would have came in all "Fuck yeah!" but that is in no way the case.

You just obviously don't raid regularly. I'm enhance and our guild has been running naxx (less than most raid guilds) weekly since early January. It's incredibly frustrating still only pulling those numbers.

To top it off calamity's grasp has YET to drop. Please drop tonight

Lain

vumpler said:
To top it off calamity's grasp has YET to drop. Please drop tonight

We've had that drop tonight, along with our first Last Laugh and our second The Turning Tide. Sadly it got disenchanted.
Only item that has never ever dropped for us now is the caster ring.

Calamity's Grasp and Webbed Death have never dropped for our guild. Being a Rogue is fun. FotFF is also quite a rare drop for me. It's always dropped in pugs and I always lose the roll.

Also, 4.77k DPS on a Sarth + 0 pug. I must've done something right, seeing as that's quite high for me.

vumpler

Lain said:
We've had that drop tonight, along with our first Last Laugh and our second The Turning Tide. Sadly it got disenchanted.
Only item that has never ever dropped for us now is the caster ring.

zaidr

I just started playing WoW (10 day free trial, first time playing)...
I don't really know how to use the minimap...I have like 4 quests I've accepted, and I have 2 arrows on my minimap, but I don't know what quest they are for...Is there any way to set the minimap arrow to point in the direction of a selected quest, so I have some direction in this vast game?
Thanks.

Mallika

Zaidr,

(I'm assuming that you're not using any addons.) The arrows on the minimap aren't quest arrows, they're arrows that point to towns and stuff like that. You can hover your mouse over them and the name of the place they're pointing to will pop up in a tooltip.

Ripclawe

Banned
Questhelper is over among other addons! Wow is enforcing its no charging for addons policy.

Bad news, everyone. Questhelper's dead.

Blizzard just posted their new UI Add-On Development Policy at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/policy/ui.html. The important part is that I'm no longer allowed to ask for donations in-client. I know how much I got before I added the in-client reminder - it doesn't pay a significant fraction of the bills. And, as much as I like you guys, good intentions don't pay for my apartment.

So that's it. I'm going to be finishing up and releasing v1.0, and I'll keep posting incremental database improvements every month or two. I do plan to keep QH functional, at least through the end of Wrath, and probably further. I've got one or two features in mind that I want to do for my own sake - a few achievements, mostly - but besides that (and the v1.0 release) that's pretty much all there's going to be.

I would like to say: thanks to everyone who donated in the past. I enjoyed working on this quite a bit, and I always enjoyed seeing another donation come in - not just because of the money, but because it meant that people wanted to use QH and wanted to keep it going.

Let Blizzard know if you don't like it, and if I can get an exception, I'll start everything right back up again :)

pxleyes

Banned
Ripclawe said:
Questhelper is over among other addons! Wow is enforcing its no charging for addons policy.
sounds like he is being a little bitch about it. Plenty of successful addons have survived without donation and someone will pick up his slack. The idea that "in game" donations actually helped him is kind of laughable because I never even saw such things.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Questhelper is a big resources hog anyways. It's the only addon I can think of where the game actually ran slower with it on.

Outdoor Miner said:
That douche makes me want to replace QH right now. How is Carbonite?

isnt the guy working on questhelper now not even the original author? I coulda sworn a new guy took it over.

edit: and what "bills"?

isnt it hosted on curse.com?

sorry most mod makers dont expect to get paid for a mod, you can code lua...great stick it on your resume and hope the interviewer played wow...

ZombieSupaStar said:
edit: and what "bills"?
isnt it hosted on curse.com?

sorry most mod makers dont expect to get paid for a mod, you can code lua...great stick it on your resume and hope the interviewer played wow...

From what I understand, this mostly affects mod makers hosting their own mods. Some try to offsets hosting fees with on-site ads, others through donations.

I understand Curse has it's own troubles with addons like WoW Matrix that automatically update installed mods, so players never have to visit the host sites (and see the ads).

I also wonder if some of this isn't an early strike against the various mobile app stores that are gaining popularity. I could see some sort of add-on that displayed recount info or other stats on the iPhone screen becoming popular. Blizzard probably wants to make their position on those kinds of add-on uses known now, before someone else goes ahead and does it and it becomes an issue.

Kyoufu

I've started offering 500g to any rogue who can get above 1700 dps in a heroic.

Needless to say, I haven't had the opportunity to give the gold out yet.

zam

Kyoufu said:

Rogues on your server must reaaaaaaaaaaally, i mean reaaaally suck. I was doing 2k dps on bosses in heroics shortly after I dinged 80. Now Im doing 3.5k-4k dps with a group that doesnt buff me at all.

Kyoufu

zam said:
Rogues on your server must reaaaaaaaaaaally, i mean reaaaally suck. I was doing 2k dps on bosses in heroics shortly after I dinged 80. Now Im doing 3.5k-4k dps with a group that doesnt buff me at all.

Lets just say they suck so much that they actually put me off from leveling it. Something that I was planning to do.

They reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllllly suck.

CassSept

Kyoufu said:

Jesus Christ, today I was on UK pug (i have to finish proof of demise achievment) and ive been doing between 3k-4k, depending if it was pack or boss (short bosses sucks for muti) so yeah... none rogues doing over 1.7k is BAD

You just keep running into terrible rogues. If you wanted to level one then don't let idiots influence you. The actual leveling process is a breeze and even easier if you have some heirloom items (Sword MH, Dagger OH, Shoulders and the haste trinket). I generally get a feel for a class by like 20 or so and then decide whether to continue or not.

So, now that we know Yogg Saron will be in Ulduar, what do you guys think we can expect for raids in between Ulduar and Ice Crown Citadel?

Obviously we'll get a troll themed one in Zul'Drak. I also think we'll get a Scarlet Onslaught themed one where you fight Malganis and Putress and maybe a Vykrul one in IC or UP.

zam

Oni Link 666 said:
So, now that we know Yogg Saron will be in Ulduar, what do you guys think we can expect for raids in between Ulduar and Ice Crown Citadel?

Obviously we'll get a troll themed one in Zul'Drak. I also think we'll get a Scarlet Onslaught themed one where you fight Malganis and Putress and maybe a Vykrul one in IC or UP.
We already killed Malganis in Icecrown for a quest, and Putress as well with Vaian Wrynn after the Wrathgate event.

My guess is thee will be a raid where we kill Sindragosa (the frost wyrm Arthas raises in the Wotlk trailer, and the one you see at the login screen), since they have spent so long time setting Sindragosa up, both in the trailer, and quests in Icecrown.

vumpler

zam said:
We already killed Malganis in Icecrown for a quest, and Putress as well with Vaian Wrynn after the Wrathgate event.

My guess is thee will be a raid where we kill Sindragosa (the frost wyrm Arthas raises in the Wotlk trailer, and the one you see at the login screen), since they have spent so long time setting Sindragosa up, both in the trailer, and quests in Icecrown.
You kill Malganis in a simple fucking quest? Are you kidding me? FML

firex

Arthas killed him before he became a death knight, which means he was a pre-3.0 paladin. I think it's more than fair that characters can kill him in a quest now!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
God, Why can't 1-60 be as easy as 60-80? I was level 12 in Westfall getting level 16 quests that I couldn't do on my own. It's infuriating. It needs to be as non-linear as Outland and Northrend is.

zam

Macattk15 said:
Fact.

He retreats through a portal again like he does in CoS and says that we won't kill Arthas without his forces blah blah.
Ah, for some reason I thought you killed him in the quest. Nevertheless we have already fought Mal'Ganis twice in this expansion, would be terribly lazy of Blizz to make us fight him a third time.

colinp

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
God, Why can't 1-60 be as easy as 60-80? I was level 12 in Westfall getting level 16 quests that I couldn't do on my own. It's infuriating. It needs to be as non-linear as Outland and Northrend is.

You should quest in Exodar for your early levels, I think it is supposed to be quicker with more interesting quests and loot.

All hearsay, mind, but that is what I have heard (I enjoyed myself in Darnassus so I dunno).

Tried 3D tonight

Tenberon is pretty much dead when Shadron flies in
The druid tank couldn't handle the damage when Vesperson flew in though, so he got more stam and then our raid leader's computer went all screwy so we will try again tomorrow

I feel we are close

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
colinp said:
You should quest in Exodar for your early levels, I think it is supposed to be quicker with more interesting quests and loot.

All hearsay, mind, but that is what I have heard (I enjoyed myself in Darnassus so I dunno).

Just hit 20. No idea where to go now.

Chris R

colinp said:

Exact thing I do on every char I make. Create them being whatever race/ect and then go to TBC zones for 1-22ish.

edit: anyone got a download link for the latest version of Carbonite? Curse/ect have taken down the link because the author is mad about the new policy about not paying for addons.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I'm not sure what I will do with this Duel spec stuff.

I mean...can you just switch anytime? Like in an instance can I have my "trash" spec and then switch to "boss" one and then back again over and over?

If that is how it works...well...I dunno. Seems like it will fuel the elitest fires on my server. People already bitch and moan at you if you have one talent point away from ideal raiding specs.

Not that it matters to me since I still cling to my Frost mage and as I have said before, nobody wants us ;P

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Thinking that perhaps rogue dps was as terrible as people suggested I brought my T5 geared rogue to Northrend and poked around in some dungeons. To my surprise it wasn't that bad. Sure, it was less damage than when I leveled my ret pally but I still topped the meters on both trash and bosses, peaking at 1.5k at the last dragon in Nexus (at level 71.)

Macattk15

BigJonsson said:
Tried 3D tonight

Tenberon is pretty much dead when Shadron flies in
The druid tank couldn't handle the damage when Vesperson flew in though, so he got more stam and then our raid leader's computer went all screwy so we will try again tomorrow

I feel we are close

The hardest part of the fight is when Shadron and Vesperon are down at the same time with both their portals open. 225% more fire damage at that point.

Cooldown use becomes very important to keep the bear tank alive.

I believe our bear tank had 51k HP before the pull and obviously 25% less after the pull.

Took us 3 raid nights to do.

Epix

Macattk15 said:
The hardest part of the fight is when Shadron and Vesperon are down at the same time with both their portals open. 225% more fire damage at that point.

Cooldown use becomes very important to keep the bear tank alive.

I believe our bear tank had 51k HP before the pull and obviously 25% less after the pull.

Took us 3 raid nights to do.
We tried it for a couple hours last night and our bear tank was dying with drakes 2 & 3 down. We switched to a unholy DK tank (due to their damage mitigation CDs) and it seemed to go much better.

Kyoufu

Mr Pockets said:
I'm not sure what I will do with this Duel spec stuff.

I mean...can you just switch anytime? Like in an instance can I have my "trash" spec and then switch to "boss" one and then back again over and over?

If that is how it works...well...I dunno. Seems like it will fuel the elitest fires on my server. People already bitch and moan at you if you have one talent point away from ideal raiding specs.

Not that it matters to me since I still cling to my Frost mage and as I have said before, nobody wants us ;P

You can switch specs at any time when out of combat (unless you're in a BG or Arena). The only drawback is your mana starts at 0 when you change, so you have to drink or evocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom