• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Still haven't had a single Betrayer drop. All the people in the guild that have one (2 people) have gotten it in their previous guilds or PUGs.

This sickens me.

I'm just going to not spend my DKP anyway, I'm going to get me some Ulduar weapons.

They said S6 would start on the 14th or one week later so I guess 3.1 will come next week or the one after that.

There was some stuff about epic gems on MMO-champion a while back. I haven't seen anything about them again though. They had these epic gems with single stats and you could only equip one.

zam

Epix said:
Has anyone heard whether or not epic gems are being added in 3.1?
There will be new fishing dailies which reward a bag which can contain up to 100g in vendor trash, and 2 different epic gems called stormjewels, you can only have one stormjewel socketed. Other than those I haven't heard anything about epic gems, if you follow TBC raid progression, epic gems didn't come until Mount Hyjal/Black Temple, so I don't think it's likely there will be epic gems in Ulduar.

Kintaro said:
Have they tested all of Ulduar yet? I haven't heard or seen anything about Yogg-Saron yet. =/

I doubt they'll publicly test Yogg-Saron. Kind of ruins the "race" to be the first to clear an instance when people are killing the last boss on the PTR like nothing. Pretty sure every other fight has been tested, and they're currently testing hard modes.

Scum

So, what's the best/worthwhile weapon style for a Paladin?
Sword/Mace and Shield or two-handed Sword/Mace? I'm using a two-handed Mace at the mo.

Kyoufu

Scum said:
So, what's the best weapon style for a Paladin?
Sword/Mace and Shield or two-handed Sword/Mace? I'm using a two-handed Mace at the mo.

Retribution spec paladin uses a two-hander but Holy/Prot will be wearing shields.

Scum

Kyoufu said:
Retribution spec paladin uses a two-hander but Holy/Prot will be wearing shields.
Cool. I'm doing the right thing, for once. :lol
I'll stick to lvling my two-handed swords and maces then. Cheers.

Magnus

So we adopted the Sarth 3d 10m kill method that a European guild recently pioneered with their 76-second kill, and nearly mirrored it with a kill in 84 seconds last night on our 5th try. It's fast-paced, and crazy, and involves killing Sarth just as or just before the second drake hits the ground, and of course you wipe in 5 seconds flat immediately afterward, but you still get the achievement. Lots of fun. :D

Puncture said:
Does not compute. And this NEVER will compute with me. If what you really desire is the challenge (hell im in that same boat) you can't turn around and ignore the best challenge the game has to offer then call it all to easy. 3D 25 man and then 10M 3D (especially with our 10 man make up) was the hardest thing I have ever EVER experienced in WC outside of hell, 4H. It sounds like what you are more interested in is 'seeing' the new content, not the actual challenge of defeating it. And thats fine. If you dont want to meet the challenge of defeating three drakes because in your opinion seeing all three drakes die individually (or with only 2 up which isnt even remotely the same as 3) then killing Sarth is experiencing it, then fine.

But don't go using the "Theres no challenge" line. You haven't earned the right to. If its so goddamn easy why didn't you breeze through it when you were doing 2D. Its such a common trait among everyone talking about how easy shit is. "I haven't done it, but its SOOO easy!" Not to mention judging an expansion thats going to have 4 major raids (Naxx 25 + Ulduar + So Far unnamed raid + Icecrown) all based on the first raid available. I don't take any issue with you being tired of seeing the inside of Obsidian Sanctum and growing bored of all the red. Just don't go calling the shit easy and un-challenging when you so conveniently burned out riiiiiight as you got to the only challenge in WoTLK. :lol Funny how that works. Im not picking on you either, it just always seems to be that way... Like people breeze through Wraths 'Karazahn' pat themselves on the back, then hit the brickwall that is 3D and just go "MAN THIS IS STUPID ANYWAY LOL ITS SO EASY SCREW IT WE DONT HAVE TO DO 3D!"

Amen

firex

yeah, ret goes 2h. prot goes 1h + shield because even soloing, all your best dps moves are 1h melee (hammer of the righteous) or shield (shield of righteousness).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ToyMachine228 said:
I doubt they'll publicly test Yogg-Saron. Kind of ruins the "race" to be the first to clear an instance when people are killing the last boss on the PTR like nothing. Pretty sure every other fight has been tested, and they're currently testing hard modes.

Still wanted to see it. =/ :lol

firex

I believe they publicly tested all of BT when it was on PTR, but all I remember is chicken littles about Illidan dying so easily when it went live, after Nihilum spent the entire PTR learning the instance.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
firex said:
I believe they publicly tested all of BT when it was on PTR, but all I remember is chicken littles about Illidan dying so easily when it went live, after Nihilum spent the entire PTR learning the instance.

I have no doubt the Ulduar will be beaten within hours of it going live. If they want to keep the 'challenge" or whatever, they should change how they test these things and keep it NDA'd or something (somehow). I doubt they care though.

I'll never see any of this shit, I just like to read about the lore/fights.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
Nihilum are mega-poopsocker nerds though. I would be embarassed to even know someone in that guild. The fact that they are sponsored is even more embarassing. I don't know why anyone at all thinks that a "professional" World of Warcraft guild is somehow, in some universe, cool.

I actually haven't logged on in like 4 or 5 days. I honestly can't say I miss it too much, *shrug*. I've had a whale of a good time playing some other games where I don't' have to grind stupid shit for 10,000 hours :lol

firex

well, imo anyone who spends 40+ hours a week on WoW is a poopsocker, whether that's raiding or constantly making and leveling alts, or running heroics or whatever. there's just nothing in the game that can draw me in like that when there's no more "new" content. still, I never really followed Nihilum or anything, but they seemed like the nice kind of uber-raiding guild, instead of the elitist type of raiders that tend to pop up all the time.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
firex said:
well, imo anyone who spends 40+ hours a week on WoW is a poopsocker, whether that's raiding or constantly making and leveling alts, or running heroics or whatever. there's just nothing in the game that can draw me in like that when there's no more "new" content. still, I never really followed Nihilum or anything, but they seemed like the nice kind of uber-raiding guild, instead of the elitist type of raiders that tend to pop up all the time.
Yeah holy shit. When I was leveling 0-max level i could easily spend 40 hours a week. But hell that ended forever ago. I can't even convince myself to log in and do my dailies :( Instead I login on friday and sat night to raid and then getoff until the next week.

Chris R

I know someone in my guild who clears naxx 25 with 4 different chars a week... He was also able to basically get 100 heroic badges on each of his new fresh 80 the week they dinged 80... He is on almost all the time :lol

firex

I'm pretty much (and have almost always been) a "weekend warrior" type of WoW player. log in on weekends, play for a few hours, either a lot in one stretch (like yesterday pugging naxx) or just a few (like doing daily heroic + 2-3 others, so maybe 2-3 hours) and then don't log in again until next weekend. about the only time I ever play it 20ish hours a week is when I forget the grind enough to level up a new alt once every 6 months or so, but even that's probably not going to happen after my next (and probably last) alt I'm getting heirloom gear for.

Cipherr

40 hours a week. Im not sure thats possible if your already 80. What would you do? Does afking in dalaran hitting space bar every 30 minutes to avoid autologout count? I mean thats a ridiculous amount of time per week. Theres not enough raid content in the game to fill that amount of time. You would run out of dailies and raid lockouts well before 40 hours spent :lol

Thats just insane.

firex

the only thing I could think of is doing dailies, running like every heroic, every raid, and then pvping. it takes me a couple hours to do all of my dailies (because they're all spread out, not because of the actual quests) but that's if I do like all the hubs, so that x7 is about 14 hours a week.

but I don't see how anybody could spend 20 hours a week playing WoW, let alone 40, unless they were new or really into leveling an alt. I'm guilty of occasionally spending a lot of time playing WoW for a week, but never regularly. and it's almost always leveling an alt or when the expansions first come out that I do it.

Kyoufu

Puncture said:
40 hours a week. Im not sure thats possible if your already 80. What would you do? Does afking in dalaran hitting space bar every 30 minutes to avoid autologout count? I mean thats a ridiculous amount of time per week. Theres not enough raid content in the game to fill that amount of time. You would run out of dailies and raid lockouts well before 40 hours spent :lol

Thats just insane.

I lived in storm peaks grinding 16k gold. Will do it again once dual-spec is here.

Kyoufu said:
I lived in storm peaks grinding 16k gold. Will do it again once dual-spec is here.
How long'd it take you to get that done?
I'm looking at farming 8k for the Greatness trinket before the faire is over, but I don't know if it'd be possible at the moment. I've got the Four and Six of Nobles already, just need the rest and some of the prices on them are just insane.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
speedpop said:
Wow, why the hell are you playing on an Oceanic server for? Oh wait, you're in JP right.

I've only got level 30s and a Death Knight on there, but contemplating moving my main Shaman onto there to play with a few friends and my partner's sister if I re-sub.

got a level 40 warrior and 25 shammy... also a 20 hunter. Going to make one more to play with DDK thinking he wants to play as Horde

Magnus said:
So we adopted the Sarth 3d 10m kill method that a European guild recently pioneered with their 76-second kill, and nearly mirrored it with a kill in 84 seconds last night on our 5th try. It's fast-paced, and crazy, and involves killing Sarth just as or just before the second drake hits the ground, and of course you wipe in 5 seconds flat immediately afterward, but you still get the achievement. Lots of fun. :D

Tried this last night, wiped once at 40k left and once at 70k left on Sarth.
So damn enfuriating, the weak point seems to be our tank, who always seems to die at the same time, everytime.

Chris R

Orbitcube said:
I'm looking at farming 8k for the Greatness trinket before the faire is over, but I don't know if it'd be possible at the moment. I've got the Four and Six of Nobles already, just need the rest and some of the prices on them are just insane.
Of course prices are insane right now, the sellers want to rip people like you off. No clue what Kyoufu did, but I could see farming 8k easy in less than a week with not too much play time.

Magnus

projectkuro said:
Tried this last night, wiped once at 40k left and once at 70k left on Sarth.
So damn enfuriating, the weak point seems to be our tank, who always seems to die at the same time, everytime.

We used this setup, if it helps:

DK - Tank (unsure of spec)
Holy Priest - Healer (me)

And the rest were DPS:

Warrior
Warrior
Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Enh. Shaman
Ret. Paladin (in some blues, no less, it was his offspec)
Warlock (he used CoRecklessness, but yeah, despite the fact that he's one of our top dpsers, he wasn't ideal for the group composition; I was told the ideal would have been a feral druid in his place)

Still managed it though.

Kyoufu

Orbitcube said:

Lets do the math:

2 hours of obsessive grinding at a good spot = 200 relics (or thereabouts) + stacks of Frostweave cloth + Greens

Now add up the prices of each. On my server 200 relics are 600-700 gold, cloth is 8-10g and I get around 20-30 stacks in 2 and a half hours. Since I DE greens, I usually end up with around 2 or maybe 3 stacks of Infinite Dust, which are anywhere between 50-90g. Also the grey vendor trash and the silver loot adds up alot.

So in total, farming 200 relics gets me around 1k gold, maybe more depending on luck.

firex

My ret set definitely needs work, but I finally have gear in all slots now. Rings are decent (scarlet shadows + the level 74 BoP JC dps ring that has hit and expertise), trinkets are decent (mirror of truth + emerald boar), cloak is good (bloodied waters) and weapon is good (titansteel destroyer). I just need to upgrade my actual armor some, but I can get decent upgrades just dpsing in heroics next patch. UK legs, gundrak chest (or a ton of other plate chests), like 3 drops in nexus... and then just farm the gold for spiked titansteel helm.

edit: also, despite tailoring sucking, I am still making tons of gold selling frostweave. Like 7-8g per stack which is great because I barely need it on either of my northrend characters, so I can sell tons of stacks I get just grinding/doing heroics. and 7-8g is more than any other cloth sells for me. only thing that comes close is wool, maybe runecloth, too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
WoWScrnShot_040709_232653.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Blackace said:
got a level 40 warrior and 25 shammy... also a 20 hunter. Going to make one more to play with DDK thinking he wants to play as Horde
Ok well if I resub I'll let you or ddk know if I bump into him.

Magnus said:
We used this setup, if it helps:

DK - Tank (unsure of spec)
Holy Priest - Healer (me)

And the rest were DPS:

Warrior
Warrior
Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Enh. Shaman
Ret. Paladin (in some blues, no less, it was his offspec)
Warlock (he used CoRecklessness, but yeah, despite the fact that he's one of our top dpsers, he wasn't ideal for the group composition; I was told the ideal would have been a feral druid in his place)

Still managed it though.

Do you know how long it took? (the fight)
I sat out today in order for them to form a full melee group and it worked.

- Fury War
- Rogue x 2
- Feral Druid
- Enh Shaman
- Ret Pally
- Hunter
- Lock for CoR
- Pally Tank
- Holy Priest

I'm thinking of trying it with a full caster group and DK tank tomorrow.

What a great night for loot tonight was for me. I got Fury of the Five Flights on my Rogue and Webbed Death, Hand of Nerub, and Valorous shoulders on my Hunter. I got everything I want from Naxx on my Rogue except for 2 things from Kel'Thuzad so I've been bringing my Hunter in instead and picking up all the loot everyone passes on. I've been out DPSing all the main toon hunters too. It's kind of sad really. :lol

Dina

Oni Link 666 said:
What a great night for loot tonight was for me. I got Fury of the Five Flights on my Rogue and Webbed Death, Hand of Nerub, and Valorous shoulders on my Hunter. I got everything I want from Naxx on my Rogue except for 2 things from Kel'Thuzad so I've been bringing my Hunter in instead and picking up all the loot everyone passes on. I've been out DPSing all the main toon hunters too. It's kind of sad really. :lol

That's what happens when you raid with the right spec.

Oni Link 666 said:

I hate you.

Kidding. That dagger has eluded me for months. It's really getting annoying seeing poorly specced scrubs with that damn thing while the RNG still decides to hate me.

Webbed Death drops all the time for us. I have a webbed death on my Rogue, 2 other hunters have one, 1 other Rogue who doesn't raid much has one, I'm pretty sure a few others have off-specced it, and I've seen it sharded at least once before.

My guild had it's worst 25-man Naxx tonight since forming. You can tell no one wanted to be there. Hurry the fuck up and get Ulduar out Blizz.

Oni Link 666 said:
Webbed Death drops all the time for us. I have a webbed death on my Rogue, 2 other hunters have one, 1 other Rogue who doesn't raid much has one, I'm pretty sure a few others have off-specced it, and I've seen it sharded at least once before.
And just after I posted my post there, the first WD for both me and the other original guild rogue dropped. I'm a social/casual in the guild now (probably could raid if I wanted to, but there's some circumstances involved that prohibit me) so I wasn't raiding tonight, so of course he won it.

Toymachine228 said:
My guild had it's worst 25-man Naxx tonight since forming. You can tell no one wanted to be there. Hurry the fuck up and get Ulduar out Blizz.
3.1 will only be a week or two away now. Probably two weeks considering Noblegarden's new date.

yacobod

Banned
guild broke up last night, so time to find a new guild or take a break from raiding before ulduar, at least i got my 2nd betrayer before we folded

Fularu

Banned
If you are fury, I think we are recruiting one fury warrior

Edit : I finaly got my legs off Maly... Now Raz and thaddius need to drop my bracers and boots and I'll be BIS everywhere...

Oni Link 666 said:

Show us your hunter's spec!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom