• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flib

Son of Godzilla said:
So any other hunters out there? I'm really at a fucking loss for words when it comes to how we are supposed to deal with multi-mob fights. And it just so happend that mother fucking EVERY new fight in 3.1 is multi-mob.

Survival just feels terrible. It's like if Affliction had cooldowns on every single ability and if they used corruption lifetap wouldn't be useable for 30 seconds. Trying to wiggle around one fights where traps are really useful is just fucking terrible gameplay.
Those two goblin dailies don't contribute to actually building the thing? Lame.

I'm pretty iffy about it. I went from top guild dps to 3rd, and it's much harder to keep a steady stream of damage going in the ulduar fights because they have so much more movement. Something about the way it plays now feels kind of off (black arrow was a useless thing to add imo), but maybe I just have to get used to it. I guess I could try a new marksman spec, but I was really enjoying survival.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
rhfb said:
Nope, but why would you put the "end" fight of a patch on a PTR? They didn't just throw the idea together and put it in the patch, they had internal testers working on it. I much prefer the days when a patch would come out with little to no PTR testing of the bosses. Make the players work to discover the shit on their own and not read strats already put together on the PTR.
Yeah indeed. We definitely need more success that was displayed tuesday through the first 3 bosses.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Things are confusing to me. A guild completes a raid right after it comes out and people say "Oh, no big deal, it's easy mode!" If it's so easy, why isn't everyone doing it? Why poo-poo all over it?

"Well, they have better equipment!"

Even casual-core started complaining about the time this raid took to come out. You could have been using that time to get the same equipment they have. It's not like their's is exclusive to them.

"Well, they played it on the PTR!"

True, this gives them a leg up in actually fighting the mobs. However, if benefits YOU because they post all of the information concerning the boss prior to you even going in.

"They have more time!"

This is true I guess (they're paid to play? I'm in the wrong business....). However, if the raid is "easy" then as soon as your guild can step in, things should be just fine regardless shouldn't it?

What am I missing exacttly? I think it's pretty cool. Why poo-poo it? What will be said when they beat hard mode and the final boss?

Fularu

Banned
What you are missing is that they are jealous/envious.

While the first few bosses in Ulduar are prety simple, the later ones become harder.

What Ensidia kills in 9 hours will take weeks upon weeks for your average guild to kill, yes, that's how "easy" the fight is.

The new "blah it's just easy mode" mantra is just to confort oneself that they "have a life". Ensidia members took off from work for a single day, now have cleared the place and will raid one night a week and "enjoy real life" 6 days out of 7. While the people with "real lives" will raid 4 or 5 nights a week for 4-5 hours each and pat themselves on the back telling themselves they aren't loosers like the Ensidia peeps or any of the top 100 or so guilds worldwide

Lain

Meh, most people aren't really downplaying or poo-pooing their accomplishment.
They are (in general) just doing damage control because they know some smartass is gonna make fun (well, they did the moment Ensidia killed Yogg Saron) of how easy Ulduar is since the best of the best cleared it (except the special boss?), totally side-stepping the fact that Ulduar is harder than Naxx, but not as hard as to lock out the casuals or to make the best of the best spend months to clear the normal encounters, since for them, there are the hard mode fights to keep them entertained.

Not everything is a case of jealousy, imho.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Lain said:
Meh, most people aren't really downplaying or poo-pooing their accomplishment.
They are (in general) just doing damage control because they know some smartass is gonna make fun (well, they did the moment Ensidia killed Yogg Saron) of how easy Ulduar is since the best of the best cleared it (except the special boss?), totally side-stepping the fact that Ulduar is harder than Naxx, but not as hard as to lock out the casuals or to make the best of the best spend months to clear the normal encounters, since for them, there are the hard mode fights to keep them entertained.

Not everything is a case of jealousy, imho.

I dunno...some of the reactions over at WoW Insider and such are scary (in both directions).

I think it would be fun to see Blizzard install "Uber" difficulty for the next raid. I'm talking digustingly hard bosses with pulls born from Satan's tit for guilds like this. Sure, make the gear worth it IMO (you should be rewarded for the difficulty), but make it face-meltingly, ball shatteringly hard. I'm talking Absolute Virtue type of hard (FFXI Monster that has only be beaten I think once using legit means). Oh, and make no acheivements for it. None. That way if someone shows up with gear from the place, that's all that needs to be said.

They never will, but it would be fun for those who dare step up to the plate.

ok i found out its my shadows causing my sound to lag weird

my rig c2d e6850 (3ghz) 2 gigs 800ddr and a 280gtx

shouldnt choke that bad, and it didnt before 3.1 ive maxed everything but the shadows on max cause the sound to sputter a bit, xabora what was the old max setting before 3.1 for shadows, im guessing 1 from the right?

Cipherr

Son of Godzilla said:
So any other hunters out there? I'm really at a fucking loss for words when it comes to how we are supposed to deal with multi-mob fights. And it just so happend that mother fucking EVERY new fight in 3.1 is multi-mob.

Survival just feels terrible. It's like if Affliction had cooldowns on every single ability and if they used corruption lifetap wouldn't be useable for 30 seconds. Trying to wiggle around one fights where traps are really useful is just fucking terrible gameplay.
Those two goblin dailies don't contribute to actually building the thing? Lame.

Im fine with it, but I spent almost the entire time test was up playing on test. But yeah I felt the same way in the raids yesterday and tonight. The cooldown on black arrow is immediately stupid on multimob fights which is at least the 2nd 3rd and 4th Uld fights. Target swapping reveals very quickly the flaw with the spec now.

They removed the way we used to have a rotation, now its all about a shot priority instead because the cooldowns dont link properly to form an actual 'X shot' rotation. Anytime you have to break off of a single target you feel completely out of sequence having to start on a new mob. And you have to make sure not to fire BA on some add that will die in less than 24s because thats a major dps loss not to mention the dps you also lose by not being able to get your 6% on the mob you have your BA on.

Its a pretty big cluster fuck. I wish to god we had more people on the test forums bitching about it. I was able to get used to it. But anything other than a tank and spank and we are not going to do well at all. Any fight where I can plant my feet and just go however is silky smooth.

Oh well, I used to play an affliction lock anyway so meh.

lol @ my guild tonight

I was late so I rode the bench from when I got hom at 9 to just before midnight

They were on Razorscale the entire time, then they dropped 2 people that kept failing, brought me and a pally tank in and downed him on that attempt pretty easily

XT-002 had a few hilarious wipes though then people had to jet

Kyoufu

Ulduar difficulty is insane compared to Naxx. Its like doing Kara then skipping T5 content and heading straight to Black Temple.

Atleast thats how it feels in my guild :(

Kyoufu said:
Ulduar difficulty is insane compared to Naxx. Its like doing Kara then skipping T5 content and heading straight to Black Temple.

A lot of players that looked good during Naxx are showing that they really do suck

Kyoufu

BigJonsson said:
A lot of players that looked good during Naxx are showing that they really do suck

Yeah but its not really player skill that I think is lacking for us. More the fact that bosses do insane damage in general.

Tamanon

Banned
Kyoufu said:

The problem is that a lot of guilds have players that Naxx becomes second nature to, or are carried by overgearing. Ulduar kinda throws that aside.

Magnus

The enrage timer on XT is kicking our ass. Even on our best tries (where our 7 healers manage to keep everyone alive or only 1 person dies), we're at 10% when XT enrages. I'm positive it's a DPS issue; I don't think we're DPSing the heart down enough in p2. They're only getting it to like 30% on those tries.

Any opinions?

I've heard from some of you and some work buddies that we should be able to handily kill the Heart each time w/o Heroism, but that doesn't feel likely. Any ideas?

Run with one less healer? (feels stretched as it is)

Magnus said:
The enrage timer on XT is kicking our ass. Even on our best tries (where our 7 healers manage to keep everyone alive or only 1 person dies), we're at 10% when XT enrages. I'm positive it's a DPS issue; I don't think we're DPSing the heart down enough in p2. They're only getting it to like 30% on those tries.

Any opinions?

I've heard from some of you and some work buddies that we should be able to handily kill the Heart each time w/o Heroism, but that doesn't feel likely. Any ideas?

Run with one less healer? (feels stretched as it is)

Killing the heart activates hard mode. It gives him a damage and HP buff. You want to DPS the heart because the damage transfers to him but, you don't want to kill it unless you're going for the hard mode achievement. We didn't get him last night. We're going in again tomorrow.

Magnus

I understand the heart mechanics. It sounds to me from a lot of others like they can get the heart down to about 5-10%, which is obviously better.

Puncture said:
Im fine with it, but I spent almost the entire time test was up playing on test. But yeah I felt the same way in the raids yesterday and tonight. The cooldown on black arrow is immediately stupid on multimob fights which is at least the 2nd 3rd and 4th Uld fights. Target swapping reveals very quickly the flaw with the spec now.

They removed the way we used to have a rotation, now its all about a shot priority instead because the cooldowns dont link properly to form an actual 'X shot' rotation. Anytime you have to break off of a single target you feel completely out of sequence having to start on a new mob. And you have to make sure not to fire BA on some add that will die in less than 24s because thats a major dps loss not to mention the dps you also lose by not being able to get your 6% on the mob you have your BA on.

Its a pretty big cluster fuck. I wish to god we had more people on the test forums bitching about it. I was able to get used to it. But anything other than a tank and spank and we are not going to do well at all. Any fight where I can plant my feet and just go however is silky smooth.

Oh well, I used to play an affliction lock anyway so meh.

Doing XT as Survival is one of the most frustrating things ever. Need to drop a frost trap for the trash, so you can't Black Arrow the heart. Also have to judge when you are going to hit the thresholds so you actuall can trap. And then you have fuckall dps for the little shits because of the volley nerf, and multi-shot has a huge cooldown, and you and can't Black Arrow the bombs, and AHHHHHHHHHHHH DEAR GOD NOBODY AT BLIZZARD ACTUALLY TRIED TO DO THIS SHIT, DID THEY?

Dina

We have the general feeling of XT down, but can't help wiping. Also random ppl keep dying from Tamtrum + Light Bomb. How do you guys have setup healing?

How do you guys deal with pummelers by the way? Boombots and scrapbots are easy enough, but the pummelers keep adding up while the boombot explosion (if we're lucky enough), don't automatically kill them.

Pic below. Blue = ranged, cyan = healers, brown = tank, yellow = melee. Any comments or help are appreciated.

xt.jpg

Macattk15

Flib said:
haha, thought so, good to see a fellow Trollbaner

Who are you on Trollbane? I'm also on it.

Didn't have enough people for 25 man last night ... so some of us did 10 man.

Killed Razorscale, XT, Kologarn and Iron Council. Ignis is a pain in the balls ... on both 10 and 25 man.

So far killed FL and Razorscale in 25 man ... Ignis to about 30% ... haven't tried XT. I think we're going to forget about Ignis for now and try XT in 25 man next raid day.

Gondria is mine!!! :D I found him at a different spawn point than those I've seen on the net. Just a bit south of Altar of Quetz'Lun in the corner of the map by the bears and white leopards. Now I have both Spirit Beasts. :D

wgx6yf.jpg

Flib said:
haha, thought so, good to see a fellow Trollbaner

/highfive

Guild killed Emalon and Flame Leviathan last night. 25-man both times. I have to say that the vehicle section is actually fun which was a relief. Going back Sunday to take on Ignis and Razorscale.

Macattk15

ToyMachine228 said:
Guild killed Emalon and Flame Leviathan last night. 25-man both times. I have to say that the vehicle section is actually fun which was a relief. Going back Sunday to take on Ignis and Razorscale.

Ignis is a bitch face. They are nerfing him a little bit.

Are you horde or alliance Defenstrate? I can't see armories while at work.

Carl2282

my guilds currently working on decon in 25 man, once we have worked out how much dps we need on the scrap bots and who we need to continue to hit the heart i think we'll have it down (got him to 14% last night before he went apeshit)
Then did Iron council last night on 10 man and HOOOOOLY shit this fight was so much fun, the trash is pretty nuts too! I cant wait to see the chaos in 25 man:lol
On a side note my ret paladin doesn't seem like the nerf wasnt too terrible I just have to faceroll 5 buttons instead of 3. Also <3 all the new strength dps necklaces, rings, and cloaks

Carl2282 said:
my guilds currently working on decon in 25 man, once we have worked out how much dps we need on the scrap bots and who we need to continue to hit the heart i think we'll have it down (got him to 14% last night before he went apeshit)
Then did Iron council last night on 10 man and HOOOOOLY shit this fight was so much fun, the trash is pretty nuts too! I cant wait to see the chaos in 25 man:lol
On a side note my ret paladin doesn't seem like the nerf wasnt too terrible I just have to faceroll 5 buttons instead of 3. Also <3 all the new strength dps necklaces, rings, and cloaks
You pretty much need everyone to dps the heart, then worry about adds after.

Carl2282

Son of Godzilla said:
You pretty much need everyone to dps the heart, then worry about adds after.
right but we're still trying to see what the minimal amount of ranged we need switching to the adds while keeping everyone we can on the boss. I don't know, our dps should pick up once people get more comfortable with the right (only done 4 or so attempts on 25 man).

Fularu

Banned
I don't work on saturday. And yes I very much have a job

As I said, I would rather clear the place this week then casually farm it (going for hard modes) two nights a week than wipe 4 nights a week for months. to each his own? for the typical naxx crowd, Ulduar will be a deadly wake up call.

Macattk15

Fularu said:
I don't work on saturday. And yes I very much have a job

As I said, I would rather clear the place this week then casually farm it (going for hard modes) two nights a week than wipe 4 nights a week for months. to each his own? for the typical naxx crowd, Ulduar will be a deadly wake up call.

Ok. 2nd question. Do you actually enjoy raiding for 10 hours at a time?

Fularu

Banned
To be among the first to beat it? Yes

So somehow having 10 hours movie marathons, or playing any given console game for 10 hours or going to a party till dawn is fine, but raiding and trying to beat something maybe 200 people worldwide have seen is bad?

We will be raiding 10 hours tonight, then starting next week, we'll do our 6-7 hours of raiding, everything learned, everything done and what will you be doing? Oh yes, you'll still wipe to Igniss or try to figure out how to do razorscale.

We don't go blindly wipe after wipe. we analyze every fight, we revise our strategies, we make progress or not and come up with a working strat. The same working strat the guilds are going to use later.

Epix

Fularu said:

So somehow having 10 hours movie marathons, or playing any given console game for 10 hours or going to a party till dawn is fine, but raiding and trying to beat something maybe 200 people worldwide have seen is bad?

We will be raiding 10 hours tonight, then starting next week, we'll do our 6-7 hours of raiding, everything learned, everything done and what will you be doing? Oh yes, you'll still wipe to Igniss or try to figure out how to do razorscale.

We don't go blindly wipe after wipe. we analyze every fight, we revise our strategies, we make progress or not and come up with a working strat. The same working strat the guilds are going to use later.
I want in! In all seriousness, do you have any WWS parses I could look at? Our guild is stuck on Ignis and Razor atm.

Fularu

Banned
Our WWS are confidential for now. Once yoggy dies, I'll see if we can release them.

Igniss was easy once we switched to a feral tank in polar bear (luls), same for General (sigh)

We one-shot razorscale so I don't really know how that would help you :/

Epix

I just think our guild is below the required dps and healing levels. I was wanting to see what you're average dps was putting out. For instance on Razorscale we've been lucky to get him to 85% on his first ground phase where strats are saying that we need him around 70-75%.

Carl2282

Epix said:
I just think our guild is below the required dps and healing levels. I was wanting to see what you're average dps was putting out. For instance on Razorscale we've been lucky to get him to 85% on his first ground phase where strats are saying that we need him around 70-75%.
I think we did 3 ground phases but came close on the enrage timer. For 25 man I would advise you to do it in 2, the 10 man enrage timer didnt seem to be an issue

Macattk15

Fularu said:

Lol listen to you Mr. Elitist prick. I could care less how long it takes us to kill Yogg Saron. You're not the first so you're not important or relevant anymore. Does anyone remember who wins the bronze medal in competitions?

I raid 3 hours a night .... 4 days a week ... and I LOVE it. I work & play the other hours of my life. We also analyze and revise strategies ... we don't just throw our fucking head at bosses hoping we kill it with smoke and mirrors magic.

To each his own, no need to be an Elitist douchehat! Enjoy your 10 hours of raiding. Hope you're not married at 32 and doing this. I feel bad for your wife if you are.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Fularu said:

He didn't say anything about 10 hour movie marathons or console games for 10 hours. Anything for that amount of time in one place is a fucking terrible waste of time.

I've seen you in this thread a few times just to shit on the difficulty of raiding or people who are having problems with naxx.

I don't understand how people like you can literally feel superior to other human beings simply because you can play a video game better. It's mind boggling. You're so completely full of yourself you actually think you're coming up with the "strategies" for these fucking bosses, when people have been doing them on the PTR for months.

Jesus christ, you're a fucking douche.

Macattk15 said:

Holy hell we read eachothers minds.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Get over yourselves. This is starting to resemble the WoW official forums complete with dickhattery and pathetic boasts.

And yes my Shaman can kick all your teeth in so be quiet lest I summon the elementals.

Fularu

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Lol listen to you Mr. Elitist prick. I could care less how long it takes us to kill Yogg Saron. You're not the first so you're not important or relevant anymore. Does anyone remember who wins the bronze medal in competitions?

Listen to you, mr "lol do you have a life" prick. We have lives, much more so than people like you who constantly brag about how much of a good life they have when they spend so much more time playing this game than we do. But carry on, soldier! I'm sure you're fighting the good fight. I didn't mention my guild, nor my server, not even my char name. I don'T care if you know our guild, our achievements or not, I'm not doing any kind of publicity. The bronze medal? We could care less. On the other hand, I care A LOT about having wednesday to monday off from the game to enjoy the outside world.

I raid 3 hours a night .... 4 days a week ... and I LOVE it. I work & play the other hours of my life. We also analyze and revise strategies ... we don't just throw our fucking head at bosses hoping we kill it with smoke and mirrors magic.

Which overall is more time than I spend in this game. omg! I raided 30 hours this week! once every 8 months! I'm such a low life scrub living in his parent's basement! Look brighto, you play this game much more than we do. How does it feel? Frustrating, I know.

To each his own, no need to be an Elitist douchehat! Enjoy your 10 hours of raiding. Hope you're not married at 32 and doing this. I feel bad for your wife if you are.

I feel bad for your wife/gf if you are neglecting her 4 nights a week to play a game, every week, all year round.

See how easy it is? Your logic is flawed. We raid a lot for 3 days, then relax for 6-8 months and raid a single night.

Have fun!

TomServo

Rogues got PvE buffed out the ass, other classes that were whining about nerfs are right where they were before, and my nice hybrid 'lock spec was destroyed. Sucks watching yourself go from 1st-3rd on the meters to 10-12th overnight. I've had some fights where I'm back on top, just have to unprogram my fingers from the keybinds I've been using for months.

Small consolation is that deep destro melts faces in PvP now. Warrior tried to gank me last night while a mob was on me, got death coiled (lol), immolate goes on, conflag dazes him, chaos bolt kills him. Poor bastard.

Macattk15

Fularu said:

You're a tool.

When did I ever brag about my oh-so-wonderful life? I made a simple statement about your raiding for 10 hours.

I raid 12 hours over the course of 4 nights. Big difference between that and 10 hours in one sitting ... especially when it's between the hours of 9pm - 12am. If you like raiding hardcore like that ... FINE ... as I said ... to each his own. As long as you don't come in places acting like you're better than people who do not share the same mindset.

You say you didn't mention your guild, char, server or whatever ... yet in several posts you've come in here saying "lulz Mimiron worldwide 5th kill" and "lulz if we kill Yogg tonight we'll be worldwide 5th ... doing something maybe 200 people will see". You wouldn't be posting here announcing all this bullshit if you "didn't care" as you say. So you can just cut that shit.

You're telling me you'll raid once, clear the instance ONCE and then be done playing the game for 6-8 months? Are you fucking serious? Why even play the fucking game if you play it for 3 days? That is NOT enjoyable. I also play the game much more leisurely and casually than you.

If you raid once a week for 8 months ... wtf were you doing posting this on the 8th of April?

Fularu said:
If you are fury, I think we are recruiting one fury warrior

Edit : I finaly got my legs off Maly... Now Raz and thaddius need to drop my bracers and boots and I'll be BIS everywhere...

Sure I play this game more than you if you do truly play it for 3 days and that's it ... but apparently that's not the case. A hardcore guy like you woulda had Malygos dead way back in January!

I don't neglect my girlfriend ... because /gasp she actually plays /raids with me ... and enjoys it.

Keep trying.

Epix

I respect the skill of the top guilds as much as anyone and appreciate the strats and theorycraft they provide to the players with less opportunity to discover them themselves, but I don't think anyone's buying the fact that these players play less than the average player. The notion that you can log on after a patch, clear everything in two days, and then wave "see you next patch guys!" is silly. These people put more time in spreadsheets and PTR than most of us actually spend playing. That being said, keep it up, because someone has to be the first (or second, or third) and post strats that flex the epeen and help the masses all at the same time.

Guilds like mine have 2-4 very well geared players, 5-10 well geared players, and 10 decently geared players. This is due to the fact that we aren't able to clear new content instantly and start gearing up everyone right from the getgo. Nor is there a guarantee that we'll clear everything each week (due to RL schedules and stuff). Top guilds are already beginning to gear up from Ulduar drops and we'll be completely geared top-to-bottom in time for 3.2. They won't miss a week where every boss isn't dropped, due to the dedication of the members. That puts them in a great position for 3.2 that the vast majority of guilds won't have the privilege of. Then it's rinse and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom