• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Carl2282 said:
wow are you kidding me?

I hope i dont find out you're a ranged class or healer, because if you are and can't kite a ret paladin to death you have no right to ask for them to be nerfed imo I would be ok with the exorcism nerf if we where compensated in some way like being able to pop wings and bubble again, or if we could get some kind of snare or gap closer, or hell even if they let vengeance stack 5 times for 6%. It was already impossible to kill a good freaking healer. I don't know i guess i wouldn't be so pissed off if i didn't have to arena for the only libram worth a damn. Either way if you're QQing about ret paladins instead of holy pallys..... :(

Yeah I have to agree with you. Holy Pally is by far the most indestructible PvP class out there at the moment. Seriously, as a Priest I really envy them.

Ret was OP to begin with, but other classes got substiantial boosts so its mostly on a level playing field. I'd rather QQ about Rogue personally.

Oh and regarding lasers, try this; Have your raid on the left side of the room facing the boss. If a laser pops, just run to the other side, making sure -nobody- is in the center line of the room so you don't have people killing the raid when running with a laser. As a healer I'm always healing the raid on the left side and moving to the right accordingly.

Magnus

Macattk15 said:
Just tell everyone that if a laser is anywhere near them ... start running away from it ... then look and see if it's chasing you or staying still ... or tailing after someone else.

Dude some of them are unbelievably slow. They just stand in it, particularly the casters. Vent suddenly becomes a cacophony of "what the fuck are you standing there for?!" We're employing what should be a sound strat, involving staggered positions such that no one is behind anyone else, when facing Kologarn, so it should be a straight, clear run back to the entrance of the room.

Also, 7 kills, 0 fragments. FTL

Kyo - how do you move laterally if the lasers are approaching from right and left? I was sure the only way to avoid damage was to run straight back away from Kologarn.

TomServo

cubicle47b said:
We've gotten 1 fragment so far. It's going to take a while to get my mace.

We've got 11 heroic boss kills so far. No fragment, like five or six runed orbs, a a couple of patterns.

Carl2282

TomServo said:
You can't do that while stunned.

Nerf ret to the ground. To the ground, baby.

BTW, I don't arena, so I don't know / care who's OP in arena. Only BG's and world PvP. Ret is stupid in both instances.
um lrn2trinket? seriously if you cant survive a six second stun you dont have enough resil and shouldnt be complaining. Honestly its not even the burst i'm complaining about I just want to be compensated for it's removal

TomServo

Carl2282 said:
um lrn2trinket? seriously if you cant survive a six second stun you dont have enough resil and shouldnt be complaining. Honestly its not even the burst i'm complaining about I just want to be compensated for it's removal

LOL, you sound just like every other paladin. Yeah, I've got a trinket. My PvP gear is a mix of hateful, deadly, and WG stuff. Gives me about 700 resil, with way more health than my t7.5 PvE gear.

Killing a pally is all about bursting it down. I used to roll them on my shaman. Free HKs. Not so much with a 'lock. Blizzard gave warlocks burst for about a day last week and then nerfed it (killing our best PvE spec along the way). Kiting one? With what, fear? Lawl.

Carl2282

TomServo said:
LOL, you sound just like every other paladin. Yeah, I've got a trinket. My PvP gear is a mix of hateful, deadly, and WG stuff. Gives me about 700 resil, with way more health than my t7.5 PvE gear.

Killing a pally is all about bursting it down. I used to roll them on my shaman. Free HKs. Not so much with a 'lock. Blizzard gave warlocks burst for about a day last week and then nerfed it (killing our best PvE spec along the way). Kiting one? With what, fear? Lawl.

wait you're a warlock complaining about ret paladins? :lol Ok I get it now

Swag

speedpop said:
Thinking about doing this instead of joining a guild actually. Every guild around me is wanting a Resto Shaman for raiding but the problem is I am running around in some real shitty blues and maybe a purple or two at lvl 80. It's kind of off-putting to join a guild that is stepping into Ulduar and I'm wearing quest junk.

Is it even worthwhile to think about jumping into a raiding guild if I'm running on shit armor/weapons?

If your jumping into an established guild you can probably have them carry you through a single Naxx 10 run which will probably give you a significant boost in gear, definetly not enough for Ulduar but enough to get you started in 25 mans.

To be honest as long as you understand how the pre Ulduar encounters work and know how to effectively use your class you shouldn't have that much of a problem farming Naxx and EoE for 2-3 weeks while you prep for Ulduar.

TomServo

Carl2282 said:
are you so bad that you cant stay 20 yards away from a pally?

Yeah, corruption and curse of agony will kill you... eventually. Oh wait, I have to stop and cast. Can you not close from 30 yards to 20 in 1.5s?

I've played both melee and ranged at max level. If you're being kited by a class with no effective snares, stuns, and a nerfed-to-the-ground CC you're bad. Really, really bad.

Carl2282

TomServo said:
Yeah, corruption and curse of agony will kill you... eventually. Oh wait, I have to stop and cast. Can you not close from 30 yards to 20 in 1.5s?

I've played both melee and ranged at max level. If you're being kited by a class with no effective snares, stuns, and a nerfed-to-the-ground CC you're bad. Really, really bad.

you have no idea how a ret paladin works, just doing enough damage at range to force me to heal will get me low on mana fast, my only real chance is to break los until i have a chance to repentance you and close the gap. force a pally to go through 5k mana and the fight is over anyways any good warlock will beat the best ret paladin, really you shouldn't be talking about LOL WHO'S GOOD AT PVP LOL WHO'S BAD

TomServo

Carl2282 said:
you have no idea how a ret paladin works, just doing enough damage at range to force me to heal will get me low on mana fast, my only real chance is to break los until i have a chance to repentance you and close the gap. force a pally to go through 5k mana and the fight is over anyways any good warlock will beat the best ret paladin, really you shouldn't be talking about LOL WHO'S GOOD AT PVP LOL WHO'S BAD

Do enough damage to force you to heal. LOL. Every decent ret paladin I've run into knows once they close range it's over. They'll eat the immo, the nerfed conflag, then its lights out.

Stop to heal. LOL. What, do you have like 15K health?

Epix said:
Shit it's like you guys are PvPing right now.

I'll admit, I'm trolling him. It's too easy with paladin PvP'ers. They're so sensitive.

I honestly don't give a shit about PvP. I do WG once a day because Alliance are so horrible on my server that it's a quick 45-60g, some honor, tokens, etc. I've never stepped foot in arena, never will.

It did piss me off that our best PvE spec got nerfed because of PvP QQ. Oh well, back to affliction.

PatzCU

Carl2282 said:
wait you're a warlock complaining about ret paladins? :lol Ok I get it now

I get it now too. I played about 30-40 matches in 3s last night, Warlocks are absolutely ridiculous. Season 6, the season of the Warlock.

EDIT:

TomServo said:
I've never stepped foot in arena, never will.

Annnnd there goes your rights to talk about Warlocks in PVP (or any class for that matter).

Carl2282

TomServo said:
Every decent ret paladin I've run into knows once they close range it's over.
that's my point. Every other melee class has something, charge, slows. Hell DK's have chains and deathgrip. Paladin's have freedom, that's it. I guess you missed my point too I'm not a "pvp paladin", but when the best weapons and hands down, the best libram (all the other one's are really bad) come out of arenas guess what i have to try and do? but whatever no point in letting this conversation degenerate any further than it already has

Epix

I want the arena libram but I have no experience in Arena play. How difficult is it to achieve a 1250 rating? How can I find a good grp? Realm Forums?

Carl2282

Epix said:
I want the arena libram but I have no experience in Arena play. How difficult is it to achieve a 1250 rating? How can I find a good grp? Realm Forums?
well it's hard to say, this season everyone starts from 0. Do you have access to valor badges? Try and get a good amount or resil and... hell find a disc priest and give 2v2 a whirl. My plan is to go deep into prot 20/51 with my disc priest friend and just try and outlast burst damage. Main thing is to make sure you keep the priest alive and cleansed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone know of a reputable place where I can trade characters? I am looking for a priest, but don't want to bother leveling him up. I have a rogue or mage I'd like to trade....the higher the level the better, but really anything over 60 and I can't complain. I just refuse to level anything anymore. I can only do redridge so many times before I explode.

TomServo

commish said:
Anyone know of a reputable place where I can trade characters? I am looking for a priest, but don't want to bother leveling him up. I have a rogue or mage I'd like to trade....the higher the level the better, but really anything over 60 and I can't complain. I just refuse to level anything anymore. I can only do redridge so many times before I explode.

Safest thing is to open another account with RAF and run two clients / dual box. I've heard of people getting to 60 at ungodly speed. It's a two for one thing as well, and you'd be able to grant another character 30 levels.

I do see a lot of accounts on Craigslist, but you always run the risk that the original owner can yank the account back at any time. I don't think you could transfer the individual toon from one account to another since both accounts would have to the same orginal owner.

I don't blame you though. Priests are a nightmare to level before you get shadowform at level 40. Even with heirloom shoulders my priest alt leveled painfully slow compared to the shaman, warlocks, and rogue I've leveled in the past.

TomServo said:
Safest thing is to open another account with RAF and run two clients / dual box. I've heard of people getting to 60 at ungodly speed. It's a two for one thing as well, and you'd be able to grant another character 30 levels.

I do see a lot of accounts on Craigslist, but you always run the risk that the original owner can yank the account back at any time. I don't think you could transfer the individual toon from one account to another since both accounts would have to the same orginal owner.

I don't blame you though. Priests are a nightmare to level before you get shadowform at level 40. Even with heirloom shoulders my priest alt leveled painfully slow compared to the shaman, warlocks, and rogue I've leveled in the past.

I had no issues leveling a priest, as on my server there were lots of people running low level instances and i could mooch easy and fast xp from those. I don't see how people can find it so horrible (at least compared to the old days)

commish

funkmastergeneral said:
I had no issues leveling a priest, as on my server there were lots of people running low level instances and i could mooch easy and fast xp from those. I don't see how people can find it so horrible (at least compared to the old days)

I've made the 1 to 60 journey so many times, I just don't want to do it again. I know it's a lot faster nowadays, and I actually do enjoy leveling, but I just don't have it in me these days. And like was mentioned, priests level pretty slowly compared to my last character - a rogue - so I am somewhat spoiled :p

Ill look into the RAF thing. You are right that I don't want to worry about someone yanking the account back from me...

TomServo

funkmastergeneral said:

It's horrible compared to other classes at that level. Leveling a warlock (for the sake of comparison) with a decent amount of points in affliction means dotting up 5-7 mobs at a time, killing them, and moving on with zero downtime.

If you're talking about running them with a group of people at the appropriate level then it's quicker to quest. Old world instances take way too long to justify the loss of quest xp. You may complete a half dozen quests, but in that same time you could have completed two dozen quests. Any of the blues you get in the instances will turn to vendor trash the second you start questing in Outland.

commish said:
Ill look into the RAF thing. You are right that I don't want to worry about someone yanking the account back from me...

I would have done RAF, but my alt was meant for killing time in hotels while travelling on business. My laptop doesn't have the power to run two clients at the same time, so that was right out. It's a nice deal though. You level two new toons to 60 insanely fast (those 10K xp quest turn-ins from the towards the end become 30K xp turn-ins), then get a third to 30 and grant levels to get that guy up to 60. Transfer the one toon off the RAF'd account and close it.

I'm with you on leveling. I've done 1-60 three times. 1-40 five times. There's a few low level zones I enjoy (the new Dustwallow Marsh is great) but I never want to see most of the old world zones again.

Chris R

Tamanon said:
Priests are easier to level than Warriors or Shamans before 40 at least.
What? My Shaman is such a breeze to level. 0 downtime ever (just swap shields depending if I need mana or not), plenty of killing power, ability to handle pulls of 2s and 3s without fear of dying, ect. Warriors I could see, but not Shamans. I know Shadow levels fast, but not really that easy at earlier levels.

firex

My shaman was one of my fastest leveling characters ever, although part of why my warrior's leveled so fast is heirlooms and carbonite. I don't think I even got questhelper for awhile on my shaman, but I can't remember... might have gotten it around level 30 or something.

edit: also, I really want to wean myself off keyboard turning, but the problem is I seem to turn too quickly with the mouse, and I don't know what's good to bind to Q and E to replace those. I'm used to Q and E strafing because that's how I did it since vanilla WoW beta, although I never clicked (aside from cooldown skills/macros and I guess technically clique is clicking).

commish

Old school Paladins were the hardest class to level, before Ret was given anything remotely worthwhile to hit things with. 30+ seconds to kill a single mob???

Tamanon

Banned
commish said:
Old school Paladins were the hardest class to level, before Ret was given anything remotely worthwhile to hit things with. 30+ seconds to kill a single mob???

Ugh, I remember those days, I did some stupid stuff with my pally. Like level Holy from 60-70, blarg.

firex

commish said:
yeah, that's probably why I thought my shaman was so easy to level. I made him like 6-8 months after my pally (back before 2.3, let alone 3.0) so it was amazing going to a class that could actually dps its way out of encounters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ugh, my poor little 10-man guild broke up :(

They were upset I didn't log on for four days...I'm sure it won't be hard at all getting my deathknight into another guild :( :( :( :(

Angry Grimace said:
Ugh, my poor little 10-man guild broke up :(

They were upset I didn't log on for four days...I'm sure it won't be hard at all getting my deathknight into another guild :( :( :( :(

They broke up because you wouldn't log on?
Doesn't sound like a stable guild to begin with.

DarkKyo

AceBandage said:
They broke up because you wouldn't log on?
Doesn't sound like a stable guild to begin with.
Well what do you expect from a guild leader that looks like this?
15009.gif

Belfast

My guild's on the verge of collapse, too. And it's bigger than 10-man. :\

We had a bunch of decent, but more importantly, loyal and well-known guildies leave a little over a month ago for a server in a different time zone. Then we lost a couple of people to retarded drama. We've recruited a few people, some good, some not so good, but since we haven't had the time to get to know them, they feel kind of alien to those of us remaining.

I'm an officer, so this impacts me even moreso, but some of our other top officers have gone AWOL, including the GM. We all know each other well, and the number one cause is school, but they didn't really give us much warning until it was on top of them.

One is quitting cold turkey for a few months (uninstalled the game/canceled account), another hasn't given us an ETA on returning and rarely logs on, and the aforementioned GM hasn't been on and won't really be able to raid for the entire summer (if not longer).

Not to mention, these people are also our three best healers.

The rest of us officers really don't have a fucking clue what to do and morale is at an all-time low. :\

etiolate

Banned
Tamanon said:

what

that is so wrong wtf haha

Shaman is the easiest thing to level to 0-80. You're a frickin lawnmower with miniscule downtime. Priests have lots of downtime until you can start stacking int on them to have a big enough mana pool.

Xabora

Anyone know of a good server to transfer too.
I have about 5 alliance guys waiting to transfers to a new realm once we pick/find one. :/

TomServo

Tamanon said:

Never leveled a warrior past 20, but I've got to LOL at shaman. Not the fastest leveling class by any means but definately faster than priests before 40.

Did a couple levels in Hellfire Peninsula with the priest last night while I was on waitlist, and holy crap do the DK's at that level just steamroll through everything. Probably has a lot to do with the starter gear they get, but still, wow. Makes me want to do something with my DK besides use him as a bank alt.

ToyMachine228 said:
What should I have my guild try first tonight Ignis in light of more nerfs, Kologarn or Iron Council? All will be first attempts for us.

Kologarn is probably the easiest (especially after the nerfed his grip). As long as people don't run the eye beam through the raid it should be a clean kill.

Ignis and council are about the same. I'd say Ignis is easier to learn but more difficult to execute and vice versa for council.

phinious

commish said:

I leveled a druid before feral or balance could do much dmg. 30 seconds would of been fast for him at the time.

Macattk15

ToyMachine228 said:
What should I have my guild try first tonight Ignis in light of more nerfs, Kologarn or Iron Council? All will be first attempts for us.

We killed Ignis ion 2nd try, Kologarn on 3rd, Iron Council on 2nd try. These were all first time kills.

We did have some attempts previously on the unnerfed Ignis ... only about 3 before giving up. We probably could of one shot Iron Council if the Fusion Punch was dispelled off the Steelbreaker tank ... don't think the healers were ready for it.

Flib

Yeah, we beat Kologarn last night, it's really easy once people get used to moving on the eyebeams. Good strat is to have them straight back and kite it near the door so that they don't hit other players with it.

firex

phinious said:
I leveled a druid before feral or balance could do much dmg. 30 seconds would of been fast for him at the time.
old school paladins/druids/shamans all had a hard time leveling, even as their leveling dps specs. I remember with my (original, now dead in the water on another server) shaman, even going enhance and taking 2h weapons, I had to pray for wf procs to do any real burst damage, although I could FS every 6 seconds. with my paladin it was basically "will seal of command proc or not" to determine if I did any real damage, and I never leveled a druid past like level 23 or so because I leveled one up that high before TBC and the only way it was doable without being a fucking agonizing grind was with my friend playing his rogue to kill shit for us.

TomServo

firex said:
old school paladins/druids/shamans all had a hard time leveling, even as their leveling dps specs. I remember with my (original, now dead in the water on another server) shaman, even going enhance and taking 2h weapons, I had to pray for wf procs to do any real burst damage, although I could FS every 6 seconds.

I leveled my shaman to 60 pre-BC, and it was my main so there was no twinking going on.

The only really bad part was the mid-40s to low-50s. When you first got WF back then it was so OP against same-level mobs that you'd mow through them. Once you hit the low 40s it was exactly what you described - wait for WF to proc, shock on CD, heal up, drink. Seemed to come into its own again in the low 50s once you had a few extra talent points to play with in elemental on top of the base enchancement leveling spec.

Evlar

Banned
I'm a level 75 priest that's never specced shadow. Grinding up to 60 wasn't hard (pre-BC), just slow. Low DPS, practically no AoE, problematic crowd control, and frequent downtime. Survivability was fine, of course.

Evlar said:
I'm a level 75 priest that's never specced shadow. Grinding up to 60 wasn't hard (pre-BC), just slow. Low DPS, practically no AoE, problematic crowd control, and frequent downtime. Survivability was fine, of course.
Shadow is extremely boring, never spec it.

etiolate said:
what

that is so wrong wtf haha

Shaman is the easiest thing to level to 0-80. You're a frickin lawnmower with miniscule downtime. Priests have lots of downtime until you can start stacking int on them to have a big enough mana pool.

1 through windfury is pretty fucking terrible, i would never do it again, plus those gd totem quests

never tried with RaF though

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Warlocks might own Holy Pallies.. but Ret? No.

It's a fight if they don't have a trinket or a bubble and you have the shadowflame glyph, otherwise you'll get bursted down by a Ret pally in seconds. I got an autoattack crit for 5k from one while questing the other day - in between Divine Storm and whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom