• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
etiolate said:
what

that is so wrong wtf haha

Shaman is the easiest thing to level to 0-80. You're a frickin lawnmower with miniscule downtime. Priests have lots of downtime until you can start stacking int on them to have a big enough mana pool.

wtf no

:( my level 14 shaman am cry in the middle of bloodmyst isle. She am fail.

Chris R

Sai-kun said:
wtf no

:( my level 14 shaman am cry in the middle of bloodmyst isle. She am fail.
Get to 20. You have water shield so you never run out of mana. Enhancement is such a breeze compared to when I first leveled a shaman.

Tamanon

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
Shadow is extremely boring, never spec it.

Shadow's more fun than soloing as disc/holy. Plus, sadly it does more damage at 80 entry heroics dungeons than even my mage:(. It's just bizarre.

TomServo

Speaking of boring, I'm thinking about leveling fishing on my main. I finally broke down and did cooking about a month ago, but that took all of a few hours to get from 0 to 450. I hear fishing is a different beast entirely.

Those new dailies look nice though.

Tamanon

Banned
TomServo said:
Speaking of boring, I'm thinking about leveling fishing on my main. I finally broke down and did cooking about a month ago, but that took all of a few hours to get from 0 to 450. I hear fishing is a different beast entirely.

Those new dailies look nice though.

Fishing is TONS easier after 3.1 to level. The bobber timer is shorter and you just catch junk instead of not getting a bit(so you still can skill up off junk). You can even do the dailies with a fishing skill of 1 and it's not impossible. Although the Wintergrasp one might take a while if so.:lol

Chris R

Are Blizzard going to nerf Ulduar because most guilds are having a tough time in it? Had a convo with someone in my guild who swears up and down they have to nerf it because its tooooooo hard :lol I then proceeded to lecture him on old school vanilla wow raiding.

Tamanon

Banned
rhfb said:
Are Blizzard going to nerf Ulduar because most guilds are having a tough time in it? Had a convo with someone in my guild who swears up and down they have to nerf it because its tooooooo hard :lol I then proceeded to lecture him on old school vanilla wow raiding.

They'll probably toss minor nerfs on some trash throughout the next few months. And then when the next content patch hits they'll bump the bosses down a notch.

Flib

They have been nerfing encounters here and there, but I don't think they will (and they shouldn't) do any major nerfs for the time being.

I'm actually pissed that they lengthened the enrage timer on XT-002. The enrage timer is most definitely beatable (this week we downed him in 5 min) and works really well as a gear/coordination check to enter the main areas of the instance.

After about 2 1/2 hours (over the span of two days) of wiping on Auriaya we finally downed crazy cat lady!! Death gripping the white and spotted Feral Defender as it's about to die away from the raid helped out tremendously so we didn't have to worry about the void zones they drop. Then after all that we step into Freya's room which was a visual feast for the eyes. Such a lush jungle full of verdant green and a radical change in pace of mob types. Sure loving the Ulduar so far!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Poopsocker Extraordinaires Ensidia say that the Watchers Hard Modes are, quote: "hard." :lol

Lain

First week in Uld sucked for my guild. We killed just FL, then it was a wipe fest on Ignis and Razorscale (the 2nd day) with people being reatrds and after that, no raiding till this week.
This second week has been a little bit better, we still only killed FL, but this time people are logging on and learning. We spent yesterday and today trying to do XT. He owned us, but we did some nice progress. Yesterday we could only get him down to 80%, and spent alot of time clearing the trash before him. Today we got him down to 40% and didn't spend as much time clearing the trash.
I have my doubts we can actually get him killed anytime soon, but seeing people get better is nice, especially when the prior days made me pretty depressed.

firex

At first I was like "eh, there's outfitter to address this" but the more I think about it, the more blizzard needed to make it so dual spec also equips a set of gear for each spec. Would save hybrids a lot of bag space (I personally have I think 19 slots in my bags for my prot set) and if they updated the armory to support it, you could then easily check out someone's real stats in both of their specs.

edit: just to clarify, I mean like how in D2 you could swap equipment and it would change weapon/shield, but for an entire different set. Essentially making it so when you press the Change talents button, you also change gear without your other set going back in your bags.

zam

firex said:
At first I was like "eh, there's outfitter to address this" but the more I think about it, the more blizzard needed to make it so dual spec also equips a set of gear for each spec. Would save hybrids a lot of bag space (I personally have I think 19 slots in my bags for my prot set) and if they updated the armory to support it, you could then easily check out someone's real stats in both of their specs.

edit: just to clarify, I mean like how in D2 you could swap equipment and it would change weapon/shield, but for an entire different set. Essentially making it so when you press the Change talents button, you also change gear without your other set going back in your bags.
You can set Outfitter to equip a certain profile for primary/secondary talents. So when you switch specs it switches gear automatically.

So I was looking at Wowhead, and it looks like you don't get emblems for 10 man Ulduar? That sucks, it's nice to know even if you suck at rolling you'll get something eventually by spending emblems.

firex

zam said:
You can set Outfitter to equip a certain profile for primary/secondary talents. So when you switch specs it switches gear automatically.
I've done that, but it's not what I'm talking about. I mean literally not having gear go into your bags period, so you wouldn't have to have gear for an entirely different spec sitting in your bags all the time. Either that, or some kind of "last equipped" feature with your alt spec for armory, so you can armory someone and get their actual gear/stats for both specs instead of just their current one.

edit: 10m Ulduar gives emblems of valor I believe, unless they fucked it up. Anyway, I have an unrelated question for anyone who can answer: is there a good mod that will do gatherer-style tracking of gas clouds I gather on my shaman with his engineering? I got him epic flying, so now I feel like it's time to run around getting free crystal elements.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
So I was looking at Wowhead, and it looks like you don't get emblems for 10 man Ulduar? That sucks, it's nice to know even if you suck at rolling you'll get something eventually by spending emblems.
I'm pretty sure you get Valor Emblems

Sai-kun

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Well that's good, I wonder why it's not showing up in the bosses loot table on wowhead. Did they add any more items to buy with the emblems?

I think more Shammy idols or totems or something. D: I dunno. Wish I could buy t8 with valor :(

Cipherr

ToyMachine228 said:
Guild downed XT-2000 tonight. Starting with Kologarn and then Ignis or Iron Council Sunday.

We insisted on doing everything in order. Our officers wouldnt even entertain attempts on XT until we finished up the Dragon and Mr Hotpocket. Seems strange to move on pass those bosses rather than not working on that first "wing" or whatever. On the other hand our progress has been swift since the first night of lag where we couldnt do anything. And rolling with the "top" members steam rolling through 25 man is upsetting our more casual members that arent getting the invites because they don't know how to not stand in the goddamn fire and pay attention to fight mechanics. Every achievement we got during the 25 man that spammed guild chat was met with "hmmph"-esque remarks.

We cant fucking carry people in Uld25 like we could in Naxx, its a bit frustrating. Go fucking learn how to install mods and what a dps rotation is and you would be able to go gdi. So we are using our weekend nights to instead run 10 mans with the casuals rather than pushing deeper into our 25 man progress with our 'core'.

I understand the officers position but this is annoying, Ive been waiting for this so long and now we are hamstrung. I have spent my "wipe" money on repairs as we make our way through 25man. Now I have to officer dps for 2 nights of 10man runs and likely wipe on content we have already pushed through yet again while people learn. Its necessary but its fucking annoying.

Anyhow this week we did Ignis with zero construct kills. We didnt check beforehand but just assumed that would be an achievement but it wasn't. Was extremely funny the last 15% as his damage was completely ping ponging to two main tanks health because of his stacking buff. But they did figure out tanking him facing the water his little ground burn wouldn't work on the water surface. That made it much easier then we just had to burn him Kel phase 3 style before the constructs overwhelmed the offtank picking them up.

Dina

Hodir is harder then I thought. Seems like those NPC debuffs really need to be used (esp Toasty Fire). Also, random people dying is something that cannot happen. Stressful healing fight, although I am no healer.

And he is supposed to be the easiest of the Watchers, Freya close second.

zam

Puncture said:
We insisted on doing everything in order. Our officers wouldnt even entertain attempts on XT until we finished up the Dragon and Mr Hotpocket. Seems strange to move on pass those bosses rather than not working on that first "wing" or whatever. On the other hand our progress has been swift since the first night of lag where we couldnt do anything. And rolling with the "top" members steam rolling through 25 man is upsetting our more casual members that arent getting the invites because they don't know how to not stand in the goddamn fire and pay attention to fight mechanics. Every achievement we got during the 25 man that spammed guild chat was met with "hmmph"-esque remarks.

We cant fucking carry people in Uld25 like we could in Naxx, its a bit frustrating. Go fucking learn how to install mods and what a dps rotation is and you would be able to go gdi. So we are using our weekend nights to instead run 10 mans with the casuals rather than pushing deeper into our 25 man progress with our 'core'.

I understand the officers position but this is annoying, Ive been waiting for this so long and now we are hamstrung. I have spent my "wipe" money on repairs as we make our way through 25man. Now I have to officer dps for 2 nights of 10man runs and likely wipe on content we have already pushed through yet again while people learn. Its necessary but its fucking annoying.

Anyhow this week we did Ignis with zero construct kills. We didnt check beforehand but just assumed that would be an achievement but it wasn't. Was extremely funny the last 15% as his damage was completely ping ponging to two main tanks health because of his stacking buff. But they did figure out tanking him facing the water his little ground burn wouldn't work on the water surface. That made it much easier then we just had to burn him Kel phase 3 style before the constructs overwhelmed the offtank picking them up.
I understand how it might be difficult if you have some casual people in the guild, but Ulduar is a lot harder than Naxx etc. In my guild we made it clear that we would be inviting people to Ulduar based on their performance, and if they fail too much they will be swiftly replaced, but then again we don't have many casuals in the guild.

I almost had an aneurysm on one of the new guys in the guild. I explained at the start that to avoid Hodir's flash freeze you need to stand near a big blue circle because that is where the snowdrift is gonna come, and then when the snow is there run up on it. After 5-6 wipes and me saying in between each wipes what to do, and during the attempts "Ok go stand near a big blue circle! Ok now go stand on the snow" the guy goes "Am I supposed to stand on top of the snow?".

Suffice to say he won't last long in the guild.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
zam said:
I understand how it might be difficult if you have some casual people in the guild, but Ulduar is a lot harder than Naxx etc. In my guild we made it clear that we would be inviting people to Ulduar based on their performance, and if they fail too much they will be swiftly replaced, but then again we don't have many casuals in the guild.

I almost had an aneurysm on one of the new guys in the guild. I explained at the start that to avoid Hodir's flash freeze you need to stand near a big blue circle because that is where the snowdrift is gonna come, and then when the snow is there run up on it. After 5-6 wipes and me saying in between each wipes what to do, and during the attempts "Ok go stand near a big blue circle! Ok now go stand on the snow" the guy goes "Am I supposed to stand on top of the snow?".

Suffice to say he won't last long in the guild.

I wouldn't say I'm a super douche about stuff like this, but we had people like this on Kologarn tonight. The same 3-4 people would stand in the eye beams and are completely oblivious to what's happened. Either that or they take the laser through the whole raid. It really doesn't help at all. I'm pretty new to the guild but the leaders seem to know what they're doing, I don't know why there's a few people in the guild. One druid is 5/5 T7.5 and I'm 2/5 and I do more DPS then them, they also die on almost every encounter.

I don't know, I've seen people die to the same avoidable thing every single attempt and I don't think I've ever died to the fire AOE on Razorscale.

TomServo

Dina said:
Hodir is harder then I thought...

And he is supposed to be the easiest of the Watchers, Freya close second.

Hodir is easy if you break the NPCs out at the start and after every flash freeze. I'd say Freya is easier (assuming to Elders left up) though. Once you learn how to manage the Snaplasher / Stormlasher / Water Elemental add group the rest is extremely easy.

Thorim's gauntlet is a bitch though.

EDIT: Anyone else use MoneyFu to track their gold? I've spend over 3K since 3.1, but actually made 2K.

You can also tell that people aren't working on alts as much. Low level ores and herbs sold like hotcakes right before 3.1, now they rot on the AH. Inscriptionists are making an absolute killing and high level herbs to make flasks are at least double their 3.1 price. I have a feeling that enchanting mats will jump soon, I know we're almost through the reserve we built up farming Naxx.

Dina

TomServo said:
Hodir is easy if you break the NPCs out at the start and after every flash freeze. I'd say Freya is easier (assuming to Elders left up) though. Once you learn how to manage the Snaplasher / Stormlasher / Water Elemental add group the rest is extremely easy.

Thorim's gauntlet is a bitch though.

We break out NPC's, but I don't think every dpser is completely commited. I also have a problem spotting toasty fires (I'm a mage btw, so I live for long casts). The fight itself is generally easy. What we first need to overcome is random people dying.

edit: oh yeah Auriaya can suck it. Generally a very unfun encounter, although on our last try we got her without any deahts.

TomServo

Dina said:
We break out NPC's, but I don't think every dpser is completely commited. I also have a problem spotting toasty fires (I'm a mage btw, so I live for long casts). The fight itself is generally easy. What we first need to overcome is random people dying.

Amazing the kind of tunnel vision some dps can get. We've got one caster who adapted very quickly to the changes in 3.1 and jumped ahead of myself and the other two raiders in his class on dps. Now that the three of us are getting comfortable and beating him, he's freaking out a bit. Everything he does is about the meters.

He died on Hodir a few times, and when the RL asked what was killing him he said "Biting Cold" and wondered why he wasn't being healed through it. I was on waitlist at the time, needless to say I got subbed in.

TomServo

Yes I was trolling the ret pallies here, but I still have to love this from Ghostcrawler:

"Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Paladin mechanics
We're not talking about combo points here. But we keep running into problems with say Judgement, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, and now (until recently) Exorcism and perhaps even Hammer of Wrath all being unrelated. You can use one per global cooldown leading to just a ton of damage without there being much an opponent can really do. There is no poison or disease to cleanse. There isn't a self buff someone can remove. They often don't even have time to respond because the attacks are coming right on top of each other. Yes the abilities all have cooldowns, but that's small consolation to someone who may be in triple digit health by the time you unload.

Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens.Sure you can come up with other situations where a player just hits their buttons and unloads a lot, but in a lot of cases they do have other considerations to deal with. Warriors have to watch Overpower opportunities. Enhancement shamans want to follow up Stormstrike with Nature damage. Frost mages want the Frost Nova (or whatever) before the Ice Lance.To some extent, Holy paladins even have the same issues. Simple does not have to mean boring. Having few buttons doesn't have to mean having few options."

There was also a GC comment a day or so ago about the conflag nerf hitting warlocks a little too hard, and destro still needing to be buffed (just without the burst that the original 3.1 conflag was putting out).

TomServo said:
Yes I was trolling the ret pallies here, but I still have to love this from Ghostcrawler:

"Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Paladin mechanics
We're not talking about combo points here. But we keep running into problems with say Judgement, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, and now (until recently) Exorcism and perhaps even Hammer of Wrath all being unrelated. You can use one per global cooldown leading to just a ton of damage without there being much an opponent can really do. There is no poison or disease to cleanse. There isn't a self buff someone can remove. They often don't even have time to respond because the attacks are coming right on top of each other. Yes the abilities all have cooldowns, but that's small consolation to someone who may be in triple digit health by the time you unload.

Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens.Sure you can come up with other situations where a player just hits their buttons and unloads a lot, but in a lot of cases they do have other considerations to deal with. Warriors have to watch Overpower opportunities. Enhancement shamans want to follow up Stormstrike with Nature damage. Frost mages want the Frost Nova (or whatever) before the Ice Lance.To some extent, Holy paladins even have the same issues. Simple does not have to mean boring. Having few buttons doesn't have to mean having few options."

There was also a GC comment a day or so ago about the conflag nerf hitting warlocks a little too hard, and destro still needing to be buffed (just without the burst that the original 3.1 conflag was putting out).

you left out this part :]

"Again, we've come a long way with paladins. Their aren't horribly broken. No class is. They just need a little more tweaking."

Ret's pve rotation isn't super easy if you want to do good DPS. Definately easier than fury wars and I found it much easier than my ele shaman. But still I'd love to see some more depth added in. In pvp I'd like to see an overhaul. Not enough flexiblity was our problem pre Wotlk and it still is, now just we can obliterate most players within a few GCDs. Nerfing our burst would make us useless in high end arena, in which we are already pretty weak. The spec is in a hard place and they'll probably fuck it up with any major changes but I woudn't mind being the underdog again. I've been wrecking kids when it was the lolret and I'll still be doing it if they do indeed nerf it to the ground.

TomServo

Flesh Into Gear said:
you left out this part :]

Honest mistake, I swear :p

Flesh Into Gear said:
The spec is in a hard place and they'll probably fuck it up with any major changes...

Destro warlocks are in the same place. They said over and over again that they were buffing that spec in 3.1, then they made all the buffs related to immolate and how it now rolls up into conflag, then nerfed the hell out of it. IMO it was stupid to make the buffs revolve around one spell, because nerfing that one spell gutted one or two of our best PvE specs.

What they need to do for destro locks is to scrap the current chaos bolt and hake it the destro version of haunt: low direct damage but applying a debuff that bumps up fire damage taken.

Our guild's doing quite decently on the 10-man Ulduar front. We're 1st on the realm as far as we know (the top 25man guild is withholding their progression until they're done) and we've only got Mimiron, Vezax and Yoggie left (and Algalon but that's a bit far away for us), and should definitely get to Vezax if not YS by the end of the week.

25-mans are a different story. We've only downed FL and XT-002 and working on Razorscale/Kologarn. There's just some people letting us down and we've dropped them I believe, and we seem to have picked up a couple more healers into our ranks so we should be fine for the rest of this week and we'll try making some solid progress.

greenry

Puncture said:

It could be much worse. My guild broke in two over a Fragment of Val'anyr, with the majority of our decent players leaving. I ended up staying because of RL friends but now they've recruited a bunch of new people and we're back in Naxx and wiping on fucking trash. From Hodir in Ulduar to plague quarter trash, it's depressing.

greenry said:
It could be much worse. My guild broke in two over a Fragment of Val'anyr, with the majority of our decent players leaving. I ended up staying because of RL friends but now they've recruited a bunch of new people and we're back in Naxx and wiping on fucking trash. From Hodir in Ulduar to plague quarter trash, it's depressing.

Man that sucks :( People being babies over loot is the worst.

TomServo

greenry said:

Gargoyle bosses are hard man!

I feel for you man. I can't imagine running a guild. I just log on, pew pew, and log off. Too much fucking drama to try and run a guild.

Macattk15

We're progressing along pretty nicely in both Ulduar instances.

At General Vezax on 10 man (pain in the fucking ass fight ... not as hard as Mimiron though). And killed everyone up to Freya last night in Ulduar 25 ... lord knows how many wipes we will have on Mimiron ... probably like 50.

We could use another friggen resto druid though.

Angry Grimace

Well it's looking more and more like I'll be taking a little break until my buddy gets to 80 on his mage.

I have this strong sensation of raiding-burnout and my wife seems to feel the same for now. Now that I have a chance to not let anyone down, I think I'll lay low for a month or two and just level that priest casually.

Xabora

Note to self:
Blizzard has altered the character transfer method.
There is no more approval by the player BEFORE it completes, it just goes with no last step. :lol

Was hoping to have the transfer prepped before everyone else was ready so I didn't have to wait.

Now I'm sad.

etiolate

Banned
Kyoufu said:
There is nothing easier than an ele shaman.

That has changed a bit. It use to be LB spam, but with the Lava Burst mechanics, Eles have to adjust their rotation for maxdps depending on haste. A moonkin joining the raid can cause you to start clipping. Ele Shamans have haste dead zones where dps can potentially drop from more haste that isn't quite enough haste. Is ghey.

PVP is a whole other thing. You would just die so fast in arena or BGs. Spend most of your time as a ghost. Get rebuffed as often as you Lava Burst.

BUT NOW!

I just spent one eots as a pure PVP spec with the stoneclaw glyph and only died twice. I can't remember the last time I only died twice as an Ele Shaman in a BG that wasn't premade. Snare, astral shift, stoneclaw bubble, tstorm melee off, ground spells, etc. You're always waiting for the next defensive totem to come off CD and lavabursting and shocking inbetween,

Which is why I'm still screwed by dual spec. I have the gold to do it, but I haven't done it so far for two major reasons:

1. forums are full of Ele Shamans saying their dps has dropped mysteriously after dual speccing.
2. I need three specs: Ele pve, Ele pvp and Resto just in case. I really can't pick between pvp and resto off spec at this point, because I pvp more than heal, it would be beneficial to guild to have resto off spec.

Kyoufu

etiolate said:
That has changed a bit. It use to be LB spam, but with the Lava Burst mechanics, Eles have to adjust their rotation for maxdps depending on haste. A moonkin joining the raid can cause you to start clipping. Ele Shamans have haste dead zones where dps can potentially drop from more haste that isn't quite enough haste. Is ghey.

PVP is a whole other thing. You would just die so fast in arena or BGs. Spend most of your time as a ghost. Get rebuffed as often as you Lava Burst.

BUT NOW!

I just spent one eots as a pure PVP spec with the stoneclaw glyph and only died twice. I can't remember the last time I only died twice as an Ele Shaman in a BG that wasn't premade. Snare, astral shift, stoneclaw bubble, tstorm melee off, ground spells, etc. You're always waiting for the next defensive totem to come off CD and lavabursting and shocking inbetween,

Yup the same story with my Shadow Priest. I even topped one BG with most kills!

BUT!

Mana is sooooo hard to keep up in resilience gear. Virtually no spirit means low mp5 so I have to drink after 2 or 3 fights. :(

Does Shaman suffer from mana regen in PvP gear also?

firex

most of what I saw from my shaman, leveling as ele (so probably not really applicable) is mp5 came from int and from water shield more than the mp5 stat. so it would drop in pvp gear, but pvp gear at least always has int, though not as good as it is in pve gear.
I should try pvping as enhance, but I bet it's still pretty gimped unless you take the pure pvp talents like frozen power.

etiolate

Banned
Eles have infinite mana in pve specs. In PvP spec, the spells cost more and you take less mp5 from int, but you're still probably way better off than a priest. You just use water shield and thunderstorm to get mana back. Maybe drop a man stream totem. You're crits reduce spell costs 40% and you have 45% cheaper shocks.

J-Rzez

Anyone here able to recommend a good gear swapping mod? How's your experience with "Itemracks/Wardrobe" etc. I heard many were buggy since the patch, so which is the best still? I prefer the type where you'd click on the icon near the map, then click on a named pre-out of gear.

Thanks.

Kyoufu

J-Rzez said:
Anyone here able to recommend a good gear swapping mod? How's your experience with "Itemracks/Wardrobe" etc. I heard many were buggy since the patch, so which is the best still? I prefer the type where you'd click on the icon near the map, then click on a named pre-out of gear.

Thanks.

Outfitter.

You can thank me after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom