• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downed Iron Council 25 last night, only took a few attempts

Auryia is a bitch though, we were able to get the sentries all down a few times but then something always went wrong in the ensuing chaos =/

Macattk15

BigJonsson said:
Downed Iron Council 25 last night, only took a few attempts

Auryia is a bitch though, we were able to get the sentries all down a few times but then something always went wrong in the ensuing chaos =/

Really? Getting the sentries down is the worst part!

Well that and getting the spawn tiger down a few times so it's damaged is reduced. Do you have say a warrior or someone with a reliable fear break waiting to break fear and Pummel - Interrupt the Sentinel Blast?

I'm usually Arms but my Dual Spec is Fury ... I went Fury on that fight and just sat there dps'ing and interrupting the Sentinel Blasts since it was a lot of unneeded raid damage.

Macattk15 said:
Really? Getting the sentries down is the worst part!

Well that and getting the spawn tiger down a few times so it's damaged is reduced. Do you have say a warrior or someone with a reliable fear break waiting to break fear and Pummel - Interrupt the Sentinel Blast?

I'm usually Arms but my Dual Spec is Fury ... I went Fury on that fight and just sat there dps'ing and interrupting the Sentinel Blasts since it was a lot of unneeded raid damage.

Our warrior main tank kept fucking up which is unusual

CassSept

In Auriaya fight the hardest thing is pull. After that, kill sentries, and then there isn't anything that should really wipe you o_O
Just stand in front of the boss, heal, walk out of void if feral defender dies. And so on.

Killed Yogg in 25-man. Fun fight. Music in phase 3 is SO epic.

traveler

Not Wario
CassSept said:
In Auriaya fight the hardest thing is pull. After that, kill sentries, and then there isn't anything that should really wipe you o_O
Just stand in front of the boss, heal, walk out of void if feral defender dies. And so on.

Killed Yogg in 25-man. Fun fight. Music in phase 3 is SO epic.

It annoys the absolute shit out of me that every single guild putting out a raid video insists on covering over the audio with their own crappy taste in music. Just leave the game audio in there.

Some of us will never be able to hear it otherwise. :(

Narag

Azwethinkweiz said:
Actually the achievement explicitly states that the tux pieces need to be discovered in an egg.

Yes, but that achievement isn't part of the yearlong meta achievement needed for the drake. I have it and found no pieces of the tuxedo in eggs.

Tamanon

Banned
Man.....there are some bad tanks out there. Nexus heroic group, starts out kinda iffy whe I look at the healer's gear, but no problem, tank is epiced out, 32k HP, good gear and all that.

How does he pull? As a death knight? Face pull and autoattack, even on caster/ranged mobs. Doesn't use death grip to bring the archers to him, uses Death and Decay like 10 seconds in and that's all the AE he does. We get past the first boss since he's easy, but can't beat the mage who mirror images to save our life because nobody can focus and our healer keeps failing. After five wipes we decide to skip, and proceed to wipe on the first drake pack. And that's enough for me.:lol I take a look at the DK's spec and he's got a 39/15/17 spec:( No heartstrike even though he's a blood tank, no other method of AE besides blood boil(which he doesn't use) and death and decay. No wonder.

CassSept

Orbitcube said:
Don't be so silly. When in doubt there's always datamining to do.

Don't know if this is the music CassSept was talking about, but I just put all the .mp3 files with Yogg in their name into a .zip. One of them is bound to be it.
When I get back from school I will look through the files and precise which one I was talking about.
But yeah, it's so epic I have no idea why all guilds on their movies decide to put some techno crap over it :<

Mimiron is one hell of a fight

Its definitely healer intensive ( me being pve disc ) and others keeping him up. SHIT!!!! Fun fight .. great instance overall.

Im sad no cloth gear has dropped tho :( , all fucking mail and plate.

Magnus

We'll get to Mimiron 25 this week. Tried him on 10 for the first time an hour ago. Fuck. This'll be fun for us healers. What a headache on p2, lol.

And yeah, loot hasn't been ultra kind to me and my fellow clothies either. I lucked out with the t8 chest and the 226 gloves from Leviathan, and a 219 helm from 10m, but that's it so far.

Where's the CLOTH?! (and the Fragments?!) :lol

phinious

I quit the game like a year ago, sold my account and all that. Now Ive restarted and leveled up another druid!

Ive been doing 2s with a DK that has pretty desent gear, but we usually lose matches after like 5 minutes of him chasing around the healer and never landing a kill. Is this typical for DKs? He is Unholy specced and cant get enough burst to kill a healer.

Any tips would be apreciated.

Kyoufu

SuperAndroid17 said:
Mimiron is one hell of a fight

Its definitely healer intensive ( me being pve disc ) and others keeping him up. SHIT!!!! Fun fight .. great instance overall.

Im sad no cloth gear has dropped tho :( , all fucking mail and plate.

Same story with me. PVE Disc, I hate that fight (we can't get past phase 3 because of the adds one-shotting us) and no cloth drops at all. Only thing I could use was a tier 8 shoulder token but a Paladin won the roll. Figures :p

I hate Mimiron though. We don't have a solid strategy for those adds at all.

winnarps

Kyoufu said:
Same story with me. PVE Disc, I hate that fight (we can't get past phase 3 because of the adds one-shotting us) and no cloth drops at all. Only thing I could use was a tier 8 shoulder token but a Paladin won the roll. Figures :p

I hate Mimiron though. We don't have a solid strategy for those adds at all.

We have all of our ranged + a DK (spams chains of ice) on the big robot adds (these CANNOT be tanked; have to be kited), a warrior tanks the head with spell reflect and taunts bomb bots to him, and our feral tank runs around and gathers up all the trash bots. Once the big robot add is down, a ranged DPSer loots the corpse to use that item to bring down the head, and the melee lay into him. Rinse and repeat. Melee should never be on the big adds, they should always be helping with the small adds when not on the head.

Phase 3 is actually one of the easier phases. Phase 2 is hard for healers, and phase 4 is just a crazy amalgamation of bullshit.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Our tanks hold the bots in Phase 3 fine. I think the "cannot be kited" strat is outdated. They don't hit very hard anymore to a well geared tank

Kyoufu

winnarps said:
We have all of our ranged + a DK (spams chains of ice) on the big robot adds (these CANNOT be tanked; have to be kited), a warrior tanks the head with spell reflect and taunts bomb bots to him, and our feral tank runs around and gathers up all the trash bots. Once the big robot add is down, a ranged DPSer loots the corpse to use that item to bring down the head, and the melee lay into him. Rinse and repeat. Melee should never be on the big adds, they should always be helping with the small adds when not on the head.

Phase 3 is actually one of the easier phases. Phase 2 is hard for healers, and phase 4 is just a crazy amalgamation of bullshit.

Question regarding bomb bots. How do you deal with 20k explosions? Can a tank handle multiple bomb bots?

Macattk15

We tank the bots and dps them down just fine. Don't know why you say they can't be tanked .... this is on 25 man ... pally tank.

The bombs .... a ranged person is tanking the head (a hunter in our case) and an OT just stands underneath the head taunting as soon as the bomb hits the ground so they blow up on him.

Works well for us.

So I just logged on for the first time since patch 3.1 hit and holy shit, fish prices have taken a nose dive. This stupid turtle mount is really affecting my best way to get money =(

Tamanon

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
So I just logged on for the first time since patch 3.1 hit and holy shit, fish prices have taken a nose dive. This stupid turtle mount is really affecting my best way to get money =(

I think it has little to do with the turtle mount and more to do with the fishing dailies. Everyone and their mom is doing those. Also the changes to fishing make it much more bearable for those who hadn't leveled it up.

TomServo

Tamanon said:
I think it has little to do with the turtle mount and more to do with the fishing dailies. Everyone and their mom is doing those. Also the changes to fishing make it much more bearable for those who hadn't leveled it up.

I picked up fishing because of the dailies. It took me a couple hours to level to 225, +20 rod from Nat Pagle and the +100 hooks from the Outland fishing daily lets me get the Northrend daily done in 10 minutes or less.

You can get the epic gems out of them. You might not get the ones you would use but, you can sell those. I think that's probably the biggest reason why most people are doing them. The other people are doing it for the vanity pets and shit.

Tamanon said:
Pets, kirin tor rep(250 per daily), gems, easy cash.

ooo there's a pet? I already have the cute little baby alligator from the Outlands daily, whats the new pet? Today I got this incredibly stupid compass that just points me in a random direction -_- I'd rather get fishing hooks.

Chris R

Just did Naxx25 completely for the first time. Got 0 loot other than badges (seriously screw people doing sidegrades and still being out dpsed by my shitty gear) but it was a mostly good time. Wish it would give rep to your tabbard faction though :(

Didn't know about the new epic gems from fishing, guess I have to grind that now.

Tamanon

Banned
rhfb said:
Just did Naxx25 completely for the first time. Got 0 loot other than badges (seriously screw people doing sidegrades and still being out dpsed by my shitty gear) but it was a mostly good time. Wish it would give rep to your tabbard faction though :(

Didn't know about the new epic gems from fishing, guess I have to grind that now.

You can buy them on the AH too, they're BoE. Stormjewels, although they're a bit expensive now. Plus you can do the fishing daily with a 1 fishing skill if you wanted to, it just might take a little longer.:lol

Ulduar was an unplayable lagfest for us tonight. We downed Flame Leviathan and got our first Fragment and then it went to hell. Couldn't get anywhere on Razorscale because of the lag. Fucking lame.

So my priest dinged 80. She is in really bad gear I didn't really instance much leveling. I want to make this my main and keep healing as Disc but I'm clueless as where to start getting gear since I don't have people to run me through stuff. This is her profile: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Demon+Soul&n=Lucyliu

Ignore the spec it's bugged but she is mainly disc with 14 points into holy. So far I healed heroic UK since everyone said it was easy. I did fine, only one deaths when a retardin rushed into all the mobs before a tank, he had no gear so I couldn't save him and he did <900 dps the entire instance =\

So should I be doing heroics, I'd like to earn as many badges as I possibly could to get offhand asap and then anything else. Oh, I managed to heal 10man VOA today with another priest but he was in full t7.5 so he pretty much carried me. What heroics do you guys think I could keep doing for gear while not dying much? Should I start doing non heroics for gear then start doing heroics, if so which ones? I'll also be buying a titansteel guardian once I get the gold for it.

They hotfixed a bunch of Ulduar nerfs in. Very noticeable on certain fights like XT. I got my 2nd fragment tonight and picked up Guiding Star to use for the next few months.

Tamanon

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
So my priest dinged 80. She is in really bad gear I didn't really instance much leveling. I want to make this my main and keep healing as Disc but I'm clueless as where to start getting gear since I don't have people to run me through stuff. This is her profile: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Demon+Soul&n=Lucyliu

Ignore the spec it's bugged but she is mainly disc with 14 points into holy. So far I healed heroic UK since everyone said it was easy. I did fine, only one deaths when a retardin rushed into all the mobs before a tank, he had no gear so I couldn't save him and he did <900 dps the entire instance =\

So should I be doing heroics, I'd like to earn as many badges as I possibly could to get offhand asap and then anything else. Oh, I managed to heal 10man VOA today with another priest but he was in full t7.5 so he pretty much carried me. What heroics do you guys think I could keep doing for gear while not dying much? Should I start doing non heroics for gear then start doing heroics, if so which ones? I'll also be buying a titansteel guardian once I get the gold for it.

run Heroic Nexus on your priest. Do that and you might not even need to buy the Guardian. War Mace of Unrequited Love is one of the best pre-raid pieces, plus you get 5 badges per run for a pretty simple run. Only one boss fight is really challenging(the wizard that splits), and there's a good amount of priest loot. I know when my priest went there for the first time, I walked away with 3 upgrades right off the bat.

ToddG15

What’s the general consensus on the boss order from easy to hard for both 10 and 25 Ulduar? I feel our guild isn’t progressing as well as we could because we’re so focused on taking down every boss as we see it, oblivious to the fact that some of them can be skipped.

Also, where are the dang leather spell power drops? All I keep seeing is cloth spell power…

Macattk15

cubicle47b said:
They hotfixed a bunch of Ulduar nerfs in. Very noticeable on certain fights like XT. I got my 2nd fragment tonight and picked up Guiding Star to use for the next few months.

Ignis and XT was retarded easy last night ... also Emalon.

Kyoufu

sprsk said:
Thats not really what I meant.

They are scattered all over. You should just try and do as many Heroic instances as you can. Starting with The Nexus because of some good cloth epics from there, and saving the emblems you acquire for more welfare epics from the vendor in Dalaran.

Fularu

Banned
All towers up Leviathan is prety retarded... wow. It has 360 million hp and is complete mayhem.. Our best was 70% until we decided to go with two towers up for this week (still 160 million hp).

4 towers up is not going down for a lonnnnnnnnngg time.

And also lol at Freya 3E, last week we killed it with one up (wood guy, rooting us), the beams + roots + whatever the third one did was .. well needless to say, we're having fun :)

Macattk15

Dance In My Blood said:
http://www.wow-heroes.com/

Type in your character name. Go to the yellow and green instances.

Woo ... highest Horde Warrior ... 2nd on the server according to that website.

Fularu said:
And also lol at Freya 3E, last week we killed it with one up (wood guy, rooting us), the beams + roots + whatever the third one did was .. well needless to say, we're having fun :)

The ground stomp spell interrupt shit is what the other one does.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
ooo there's a pet? I already have the cute little baby alligator from the Outlands daily, whats the new pet? Today I got this incredibly stupid compass that just points me in a random direction -_- I'd rather get fishing hooks.

I got a pet crab by doing my 1st Dalaran fishing daily yesterday, with a fishing skill of 175. :lol

Flib

Yeah, they seemed to nerf a bunch of encounters hard. Our 10man run started late last night and we still got Flame Leviathan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT-002 and Kologarn down without any fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom